Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Richard

Real Name Richard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RoboNerd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Well-aged gamey-gamer.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2007, 13:38
Total Comments 156 (Novice)
User ID 33441

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 10:36 RoboNerd

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:45:
I wanna go on that Waterslide..

It has been interesting watching the local TV news wring it's hands over the delays Schlitterbahn has experienced in opening this slide. Seems prudent to me, test, adjust, test. Would I go down it? Let me stand near it and latch my eyeballs on it, then I'll decide. They should be able to sell some nifty T-Shirts like "I was Verruckted at Schilitterbahn!" or "I survived a Verruckting" Grin

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 10:03 RoboNerd

Re: Here's Why Soda Is Even More Unhealthy Than You Thought.

Seems to me FDA needs to ask some of these drink manufacturers why their ingredient label fails to disclose the presence of high fructose corn syrup. Clear cut case of mislabeling. So much for Blue's favorite Mexican Coke. Drinkers

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 28, 2014, 20:50 RoboNerd

Yeah, St. Louis makes a great stand-in for a post-apocalyptic New York. That about sums up my opinion of St. Louis, in KC we call it the Gateway to the East. Flamethrower  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 10:13 RoboNerd

Thankfully Pepsi Throwback is easily and routinely available here in the Heartland. What is harder to find is chocolate syrup that is not made from high fructose corn syrup. Hershey wake up! Protest  

3. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2014, 22:49 RoboNerd

Cutter wrote on May 16, 2014, 21:55:
You know, I may be left of center, but holy blue flaming Jesus liberal propaganda.

I believe I'm with Cutter on this one. "Otherworldly Good" based on what exactly? Bored

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 15, 2014, 16:39 RoboNerd

Re: U.S. Prisons Play Pirated Movies to Inmates

Wow, my parents had a video store during the 90s and they supplied movies to the medium security state prison in town. They of course got the real deal, but it was always interesting to hear what movies were "Ok" for the inmates to watch. Popcorn

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2014, 16:36 RoboNerd

So porcelian is the traditional gift for 18 years?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 15:17 RoboNerd

I've done some of what Cutter suggested and have greatly reduced my grass lawn area so that now I can mow inside of 10 minutes and all of it is on one level, no slopes. One thing that can help grass is pelletized lime, leaves falling off trees can acidify a lawn over time and grass doesn't like it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2014, 10:01 RoboNerd

Re: Pure Chess Trailer (PS4)

I have the PS3 version of this and see only one new set of pieces (the translucent glass looking set). As for most of the other sets, I find myself only playing with a couple, as most are too confusing as to what piece is what. The confusion is not worth the novelty.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 09:45 RoboNerd

Re: America's Ten Best Cities for BBQ

KC is number 3! They mention Arthur Bryant's, but they should also have mentioned Gates - walk in the front door and have "Hi May I Help You!" screamed at you. Oklahoma Joe's is a relative newcomer that's getting a lot of good press, but Arthur Bryant's & Gates are the pillars. Drool2

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2014, 13:04 RoboNerd

Why does visiting this site today make me want to see the movie Noah so much?

Must see Noah...must see Noah...must see Noah...must see Noah... Raincloud

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 10:37 RoboNerd

Re: The Most Incredible Song Cover Ever

I'm not buying what we hear is just these two playing. I smell a rat. Guitarist

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 12, 2014, 14:44 RoboNerd

Re: No new Windows 7 PCs after October

Wonder why Win 7 Pro was not included in this deadline? Computer

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2014, 19:27 RoboNerd

Whooooooeeeeee! It blowed up real good! Friends  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
30. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 19:28 RoboNerd

"Cutter"Feb 8, 2014, 19:04]"Prez"Feb 8, 2014, 14:28 The guy sitting in front of you texting that you have to end up shooting dead with a gun and spending the rest of your life behind bars.

I'm a *very* conscientious and polite person in public - a holdover from all my years of hospitality. I hold doors open for people, say please and thank you all the time, give my seat up for women - even men if they have kids with them because I know it's a lot of work for them - on transit in cafes, etc. All because I firmly believe a polite society is a good one, and inherently safer.

As someone with 20+ years in restaurants and just being in public most of the time it never ceases to amaze me how many people are so badly behaved. Yes, most people are still pretty decent and polite, but some people just think the world revolves around them and f#$k everyone else. And it only seems to be getting worse. Every day in the supermarkets and malls people just seem to be oblivious to everyone around them. They leave their carts in the middle of the aisle so you can't get by without saying 'Excuse me.' Or their brats are running hog wild. And then they wonder why society is getting worse.

When I used to get out of line in public as a kid, *bam* quick smack in the back of the head from the old man. Very quickly I learned not to get out of line and consider the people around me. But you can't hit kids anymore, right? No, most you can do is drug them because they all have ADHD!

Cutter, you are a prince among men. Sir, I salute you.

As for the 3D movie discussion, my first and last movie to see in 3D was Avatar. Not sorry I did it, not motivated to do it anymore. I recently started going to a few more movies at the 20 plex, but only when a good friend (who is also retired) drives the 60 miles to town. And we time it so we see one of the first showings of the day. We were the only ones in the IMAX to see Riddick it was glorious. Glasses2

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2014, 11:07 RoboNerd

Re: Follow-up: Universal Looking At Another "Riddick"?

The video of Vin Diesel at the end of that article was uh....interesting. Wow

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2014, 10:42 RoboNerd

Re: R.I.P.: Pete Seger

I guess they will put 'ol Pete in one of those "little boxes" now. Beatnik

News Comments > The Repopulation Funded
1. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 10:45 RoboNerd

I made this my first Kickstarter contribution early last week. I hope it turns out to be worthwhile. Goodluck  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2014, 13:51 RoboNerd

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:07:
RoboNerd wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:01:
By the way Blue if you see this I can't seem to use all the smileys by clicking on "More", once the box pops up just under the Bluesnews banner is a gray box with the message "unable to resolve the server's DNS address" and I can't scroll down the page of smileys like I used to. Maybe it is just a quirk Chrome has developed, that is my usual browser, haven't tried anything else.

Seems to work here? Allthumbsup Biker

Who knows what changed on my end, but I may have found a work-around. Smart Grouphug Outtahere

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 11:01 RoboNerd

By the way Blue if you see this I can't seem to use all the smileys by clicking on "More", once the box pops up just under the Bluesnews banner is a gray box with the message "unable to resolve the server's DNS address" and I can't scroll down the page of smileys like I used to. Maybe it is just a quirk Chrome has developed, that is my usual browser, haven't tried anything else.  

156 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo