Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 349 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
52. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 10:17 ochentay4

Gib007 wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 09:28:
As long as this doesn't mean "if you don't own an AMD card, it will run like utter crap", then it's fine. I guess those with AMD cards totally equivalent to an NVIDIA counterpart (nothing is ever 100% equivalent either way) would get a handful more FPS.
I've never played a game optimized for AMD cards that run like shit on Nvidia. I cant say the same for games optimized for NVIDIA cards. Cryostasis is the perfect example. And PhysX is the most stupid thing on earth. Phisics engines should be integrated on DirectX/OpenGL and be available for all cards, including shitty cards like INTEL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
51. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 10:08 ochentay4

InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 03:36:
Ive got an Intel CPU and an AMD graphics card, the card before my current one was an Nvidia. I dont care about the marketing hype and bullshit. Im going where the price/performance ratio is optimal. Fanbois can go suck it.
Absolutely. I go for best price/performance ratio. Being a fanboy is for stupid people.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014
17. Re: Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014 Jun 7, 2013, 23:06 ochentay4

Gadzooks wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 15:35:
ochentay4 wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 09:50:
The problem with SS3 is pacing. The first 2/3 of the game are pure and simply boring crap. After that the game is pure fun as if not better that SS1. I enjoyed the last levels a lot, and found them beatifully difficult (Im 30 and my reflexes are still good ;). The engine *TODAY* is superb, many config options missing in PC games, runs as smooth as your hardware can (even on crappy video cards), looks fantastic and it even runs on MAC/Linux! What else can you ask for a small indie developer?

Go buy the damn bundle right now and play SS3 online. Its really old school fun, pure and simple!!!!!!

Ill give SS3 another try, played about 5 hours and quit.

The engine is still crap. Horrible shadows, too much attempting to make it look like BF3 with all the lense flares and bloom.

Try this out. In past Sam games, areas were huge. You could run off in the wrong direction (like in the desert), and often never reach the end. Often there would be funny secrets for doing so. In Sam 3, run far enough to the edge, and you run into map design areas not meant to be encountered. Holes in the map, complete drop offs, areas you get stuck under the map, 2d low res back drops, etc. Its just ugly and ridiculous.

Sam originally started focusing on the gameplay. The gameplay is what made it so fun, and set it apart. No one cared that the graphics werrent top notch, or low poly count. It still looked decent, and look fun. All the attempts to make Sam 3 look like it could compete against other modern FPS games graphically, made the game just feel wrong, and sloppy.

I know what you are saying! I play SS1 with my nephew with some netbooks these days! I think that if you *overlook* map holes on SS3 (remember this game doesnt aims for realism) you will enjoy it anyway. I dont know about shadows and lens, for me they look really cool, and you can configure them on advanced options, the game has a lot of graphics options. A LOT. For me the game is fantastic. Specially big maps on the end and MP. I will surely buy SS4 and I bought every SS game and DLC. SS rocks and its all Duke Nukem should have been.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014
13. Re: Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014 Jun 7, 2013, 09:50 ochentay4

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 08:58:
Gadzooks wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 05:01:
Sam 1 = amazingly fun and refreshing
Sam 1 part 2 = still just as fun, but level design and boss fights a bit lacking

Sam 2 = Still fun, still very much Serious Sam, but no where near as good as the first one

Sam 3 = WTF happened? Seriously.... Horrible engine, stupid CoD type mechanics and gameplay, ridiculous level "borders" filled with cardboard cutout background scenery. What went wrong here? The only thing "Sam" about this game is the guys voice.

So I worry about SS4.

Pretty close to my exact experience, though I skipped 2 based on people's comments.

3 really had me scratching my head. Think I played like 2-3 hours before uninstalling it...didn't feel anything like the previous games.

The problem with SS3 is pacing. The first 2/3 of the game are pure and simply boring crap. After that the game is pure fun as if not better that SS1. I enjoyed the last levels a lot, and found them beatifully difficult (Im 30 and my reflexes are still good ;). The engine *TODAY* is superb, many config options missing in PC games, runs as smooth as your hardware can (even on crappy video cards), looks fantastic and it even runs on MAC/Linux! What else can you ask for a small indie developer?

Go buy the damn bundle right now and play SS3 online. Its really old school fun, pure and simple!!!!!!

News Comments > Dark Souls II Next March
6. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 3, 2013, 11:56 ochentay4

wrlwnd wrote on Jun 3, 2013, 10:10:
I like a challenge, believe me, but Dark Souls: Prepare to Die was ridiculous.

I gave up on it after 2 weeks of bashing my head against the same spot, with checkpoints so far apart that I had to repeat the tedious stuff leading up to where I was stuck ad nauseum.

Waste of money.
Man, I understand you, but did you think maybe you dont have the skill for it? I managed to beat Demons Souls 2 times, Dark Souls 2 times and Dark Souls PtD 3 times, the last time in a really short time and facinating trip. Part of this game is experimenting, reading online, talking to friends.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Selling Well
2. Re: Metro: Last Light Selling Well Jun 3, 2013, 10:03 ochentay4

SS wrote on Jun 3, 2013, 09:30:
Well I'm glad to hear it, these guys deserve the cash and recognition.
Absolutely, I cant wait to buy it/play it.

News Comments > Dark Souls II Next March
1. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 3, 2013, 10:01 ochentay4

Next March!? Nooooooo

God knows I really loved Demon's Souls / Dark Souls / Dark Souls: Prepare to Die.

I understand this game is not for everyone. My wife saw me playing it numerous times and she doesnt understand why I like if it's so crushingly hard. Maybe it is the satisfaction of succeeding in such difficult game. Same reason I like Trials Evolution/HD. Yesterday I spent 25 mins and 450 tries on finishing an *extreme* track on Trials Evolutions (30 mins and 500 tries are the max you can have on the same track). I almost throw the controller but I finally got it and the feeling was really good!

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New Content
5. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New Content May 28, 2013, 08:20 ochentay4

I wanna play EYE:DC, but the game is really unhelpful unwelcome and unnatractive at first glance. Can someone make and opinion of it?  

News Comments > Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell
15. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 23, 2013, 12:43 ochentay4

Jerykk wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 12:31:
Mark & Execute is terrible and combat should never be a viable option in any stealth game but these days, I'll take what I can get. As long as they allow you to properly ghost your way through levels (no detections, no violence), I'll be happy. Based on what I've seen, it already looks better than Conviction in that regard, as Conviction was clearly designed with the assumption that you'd be killing everyone.

Also, publishers/developers, for the love of god, please stop misusing the term "ghost." It does not just mean "non-lethal." It means "non-violent." The difference between killing someone and knocking them out is pure semantics. The difference between neutralizing someone and avoiding them entirely is not.
Mark & Execute was so easy that I never used it. Totally out of place. Hitman Absolution has something similar and do not use it. Stealth games should be stealth.

12. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 23, 2013, 11:54 ochentay4

Jedi Master wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 11:05:
Try out Chaos Theory. IMO it was the pinnacle of the the SC series. Pandora's Box wasn't quite as good as the first game, but in Chaos Theory they really got it right.
Then came Double Agent and really messed with things. Conviction was an ok game, better than Double Agent, but it wasn't really "Splinter Cell" any more than you could make a Command and Conquer FPS game.
Will do, as Chaos Theory is one of those games I always wanted to play but other games got in the way. After playing and finishing Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite, I want to play a real stealth game, killing guys stealth is so rewarding! Other series I never got to play was Thief.

9. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 23, 2013, 10:59 ochentay4

After playing Splinter Cell: Conviction, which I think it was a good game but not great, I played for the first time the first Splinter Cell, and man, I was impressed! It is excellent! Really fun, with good mechanichs! At 1080p with 8xAA and 16xAF at 60fps with VSYNC and the game looks fantastic despite being really old. Im hoping someone will make a game like it someday, not the crap that is being released these days.

Im not excepting that Splinter Cell: Blacklist to be like the first 3 Splinter Cell, but the game should be good on its own.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light PC Specifications
1. Re: Metro: Last Light PC Specifications Apr 18, 2013, 20:37 ochentay4

Holy specs Batman! My 6850 is going to cry!  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
2. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 09:38 ochentay4

Nononono. Everyone who has the game deserves to have the damn game patched. In fact, I wanna buy the damn game when on sale really cheap as I love Alien Universe, no matter how bad the game is. So more patches the better.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
2. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 13:46 ochentay4

Oh yeah I want B4 with my future new video card, Ive been stuck with my 6850 for a while... Giving free games with new video cards its fantastic. It promotes buying new video cards and obviously it worked just fine for AMD.  

News Comments > Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details
6. Re: Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details Mar 28, 2013, 23:03 ochentay4

Jerykk wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 22:43:
Not really sure how people can play through BL2 with multiple characters. The game started dragging during my first playthrough and there's no way I'd ever make it through a second. Then again, I don't really care about loot or leveling so those probably aren't as motivating to me as they are to others.
Me too, once I finish lvling my Siren to 61 Im done.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Patched
4. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 27, 2013, 18:19 ochentay4

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 11:29:
It still runs like complete crap with the hair option enabled.
I've got a i7 3770 and 6850 and now I can play with TressFX, it slows down when the camera is really close. For me, TressFX bugs are fixed.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans
6. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:42 ochentay4

Jedi Master wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:38:
It's not the only game that uses that mechanic, though. For some reason, EVERY button you press in Far Cry 3 is "hold". You have to HOLD to pick up, HOLD to open a door, HOLD to get in a car, to get out of a car...why? On a gamepad, sure, you are more likely to bump a given button, but on a keyboard it's stupid.
Absolutely right and now that you mention it I hated that on FC3. Its sad cause I really liked FC3 but it has some annoyances too.

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:41 ochentay4

ochentay4 wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:31:
I really hate B2 inventory:

*Only 7 items on the list at a time? Do I really have to scroll the mouse to next ones?

*I have a 24" 108'p monitor, I should have the complete inventory displayed as the max items you can carry is really low. In fact, everyone who plays B2 on PC probably has a 1080p display.

*Inventory managemente its so bad that I have dropped or sold items by mistake more than I can count.

*Its difficult to compare weapons/items, and when listed by type, it doesnt show all items, so you can view type of weapons or type of items.

*Why-o-why grenades like 10.000x5 are shown less damage than 15.000? Maybe Im missing something.

*Why cant we hide low value items from picking them up? Im tired of picking up useless items.

*I have switched my Legendary weapons with a stupid low value weapon A LOT OF TIMES, thanks to the stupid mechanic of haveing to press a long time the same button to pick up ammo or replace current weapon. This angers me so much, maybe there is a switch to turn the damn option off, I dont know.

So all in all, Borderlands 2 Inventory sucks too much and it should be fixed.

EDIT: I can think of many more annoyances but if this small list is fixed Im happy.
I dont know why this game angers me so much (like no other before) and still play the damn thing. Maybe there is something really good in it. But some DLC missing from Season Pass (and lack of clarity about it) and console menus on PC are the worst offenders of this game and such things do not let me fully enjoy it. Its sad cause its a good game with good PC options (FOV and LAN play for example).

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:31 ochentay4

I really hate B2 inventory:

*Only 7 items on the list at a time? Do I really have to scroll the mouse to next ones?

*I have a 24" 108'p monitor, I should have the complete inventory displayed as the max items you can carry is really low. In fact, everyone who plays B2 on PC probably has a 1080p display.

*Inventory managemente its so bad that I have dropped or sold items by mistake more than I can count.

*Its difficult to compare weapons/items, and when listed by type, it doesnt show all items, so you can view type of weapons or type of items.

*Why-o-why grenades like 10.000x5 are shown less damage than 15.000? Maybe Im missing something.

*Why cant we hide low value items from picking them up? Im tired of picking up useless items.

*I have switched my Legendary weapons with a stupid low value weapon A LOT OF TIMES, thanks to the stupid mechanic of haveing to press a long time the same button to pick up ammo or replace current weapon. This angers me so much, maybe there is a switch to turn the damn option off, I dont know.

So all in all, Borderlands 2 Inventory sucks too much and it should be fixed.

EDIT: I can think of many more annoyances but if this small list is fixed Im happy.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 New Content & Level Cap Details
13. Re: Borderlands 2 New Content & Level Cap Details Mar 24, 2013, 22:16 ochentay4

nin wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 21:57:
ochentay4 wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 21:51:
I dont get it, the 4th DLC of Season Pass is an increase to lvl cap and a "Ultimate Vault Hunter's Pack" (3rd run but harder)? No mini campaign DLC? Really? WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?!?!??

I was looking for the 4th DLC but this is a damn joke! Why the fuck would I want to do a 3rd run? To keep lvl my char up?

The last DLC (of this season) is in June.

Ok thanks god Im wrong.

349 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo