Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
71. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 10:44 ochentay4

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 10:28:
commonperson wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 08:28:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 00:01:
Unless you have some magic ball to stare in to the hearts of game companies it's all hearsay.

There's no need for a magic 8 ball to see the dark heart of EA. All you have to do is look at all the things they've bought over the decades and then killed with ineptitude.

They're a horrible company. They buy decent companies, make them perform to unrealistic expectations, and then start interjecting their own crap ideas just to get that extra 1% profit. It'll happen to Bioware too. The signs are already there.

EA's a husk that makes more husks. That's all they do and that's all they've ever done. The sooner they go the way of Interplay the better everyone will be.

Yes, EA is eviiiiil! Let me take out my magic ball, lets see what will next days/months/years...

FIFA12! MADDEN12!! BF3!!! MASS EFFECT3!!!! Love them all!!! Caching! Bought'em.

Stop whinning and vote with your dollar.

Hyprocrits.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 13:38 ochentay4

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:35:
It's funny looking at their best-selling game franchises they've "created", and seeing how many that Valve actually did themselves. So, uh, Half-Life. Pretty much the entire rest of the list is other teams making/developing games, and Valve hiring them. I mean, it's nice the Valve can recognize talent, but you'd think they'd be able to come up with something original on their own.
Well, Half-Life its one of the best I ever played in my life, and its quite original I might say. Im sure they are making the sequel (its been a long time tough).

News Comments > Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins
25. Re: Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins Jun 30, 2011, 17:08 ochentay4

Why Medal of Honor is U$S20 in Argentina and U$S10 everywhere else... I will not buy it at that price.  

News Comments > Windows L.A. Noire This Fall
24. Re: Windows L.A. Noire This Fall Jun 23, 2011, 13:26 ochentay4

Prez wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 12:30:
PHJF wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 12:26:
Unfortunately my mouse doesn't have a rumble feature so I'll never be able to find any clues!

Haha - I was just wondering how they were going to make that mechanic work with a m+k!
Dont worry! Rockstar will take care of every PC gamer needs:
-GFWL!
-Securom!
-4 DVD9 = 34 GB of gaming!
-And you will probably need a monster pc to run it at 30fps (locked :P) and a 360 controller because the rumble feature will be nonexistant on a keyboard/mouse.

News Comments > KAOS Studios Closed
7. Re: KAOS Studios Closed Jun 13, 2011, 13:57 ochentay4

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 13:46:
I got Homefront steam code for free in a random contest entry thing from THQ and I still felt ripped off. It is just all around one of the most mediocre gaming experiences I can remember. At least they reached a bit in the story, I'll give them that.
Well, obviusly you did not buy and played Duke Nukem Forever. That a new experience of being ripped off...
I enjoyed Homefront. Content was a bit scarce but I liked it.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Minerva's Den This Month
1. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den This Month May 17, 2011, 21:21 ochentay4

BioShock 2 PC version launch was a disaster. Plagued with bugs and super late DLC. Hope they learn, I bet they did not earn much with PC port. They souldve payed more attention to PC gamers at launch.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Announced
2. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Announced Apr 29, 2011, 15:05 ochentay4

I wonder if it will be really free for the 360...  

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Patch
1. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Patch Apr 29, 2011, 14:35 ochentay4

It removes the protection/activation/drm...  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
9. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Apr 28, 2011, 06:33 ochentay4

DG wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 17:04:
hmm, some not-bad performance boosts being claimed, but then are any of these games likely to need a boost on a modern card? Civ V I seriously doubt, Batman I'm playing right now with everything maxed and it's very smooth. Maybe Black Ops I guess?

Might just stick with these, er, I don't even know what they are, they're dated late Nov so presumably 10.12 or whatever.
Well, this drivers are great, very fast and they corrected a lot of bugs. but a horrible one appeared: Photoship CS5 gpu acceleration is broken. I wonder when they will a really good stable driver.

Performance Enhancements
A number of performance enhancements are seen with the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:

Call of Duty Black Ops gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations.
Battleforge gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Batman Arkham Asylum gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Aliens vs. Predator gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Civilization 5 gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Far Cry 2 gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Just Cause 2 gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Lost Planet 2 gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Group B Rally Trailer
1. Re: DiRT 3 Group B Rally Trailer Mar 30, 2011, 15:43 ochentay4

DiRT 1 was spectacular, had some bugs and the handling was not the best, until I grabbed DiRT 2 which was a lot better, but did not like the Xgames/teen/noneurope style. DiRT 3 seems to be the true sequel of DiRT 1. This trailers are very good, Im eager to play it!!  

News Comments > Free Angry Birds
1. Re: Free Angry Birds Mar 22, 2011, 20:16 ochentay4

Nice!  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Patch
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Patch Mar 17, 2011, 14:08 ochentay4

necrosis wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 14:04:
Verno wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 14:03:
One time activation for offline play, basically like most games these days.
Wish they would do that for AC2. Their servers fucked up last week and people could not play for 2 days.
Brotherhood DRM scheme was exported to AC2 also. Now AC2 needs online One time activation for offline play. Please correct me if im wrong

News Comments > Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support
7. Re: Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support Mar 1, 2011, 21:24 ochentay4

I hate this engine. I had stupid issues on almost every game on PC:
-FOV problems on a lot of games. A lot are unresolved...
-FPS limits...
-Pop in texture problems on almost every game...
-Poor quality (games look bland, low poly count, low res textures) big videocards laugh at Unreal powered games.
-Dont get me started with Gears of War for Windows...
-Antialiasing... C'MON!!! It's 2011!!!
-Poor control on graphics quality. If I want, anisotropic filtering at 16x, antialiasing at 8x, vsync, tripple buffering, and a candy, let me enable and do what I want, its a pc.

You could blame game developers for not using the engine correctly. I dont care whos to blame, PC gaming with Unreal engine has been a nightmare since day 1.

Now they add DX11? For what? Any benefit for my current hardware? Or its a gimmick to purchase a GTX580... go f*ck yourselves and make a better engine suited for PC.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Patch
1. Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Patch Feb 6, 2011, 17:51 ochentay4

Who plays this game? Really... its hideous.  

News Comments > On PC Super Street Fighter IV
12. Re: On PC Super Street Fighter IV Jan 16, 2011, 21:44 ochentay4

Well, I went ahead and bought Continuum Shift to see how good it was. And I really hate it. I went back to SSF4. My friends AND girlfriend love it too. It could be good to have it on the PC, but playing this game without gamepad its a crime. And I dont have/want more gamepads.  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 00:36 ochentay4

Incredible deals at amazon:

Nail'd $10
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat $5
ArmA2: Combined Operations [Game Download] $12.50
Cryostasis $3.25
Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $5
Xpand Rally Xtreme [Game Download] $2.50
Mafia II $12.50
Bioshock 2 $5
GTA4 $5
GTA4 EFLC $7.50
Dark Void $8.97
Blood Bowl - Dark Elves Edition $5

Holy crap!!

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 00:28 ochentay4

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 23:33:
Found it Thanks
Edit: "Game Downloads are only available to US customers"
configure your shipping address to the US (like delaware who doesnt have taxes) and you are ok to go. Remember to registar GAMES FOR WINDOWS Live in an account which is registered on the US or a supported country

News Comments > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Patches
1. Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Patches Dec 23, 2010, 23:59 ochentay4

Mmmm, there are A LOT of remaining bugs to be fixed. I was expecting a big patch because it took it so long... See Steam forums...  

News Comments > SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status
3. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 10:44 ochentay4

I like Gearbox. What I dont like is that SEGA stopped AvP support on PS3, 360 and PC. There are a lot of remaining bugs (speccialy on consoles) and room for improvement. Go to steam forums and foind out:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=774

SEGA should at least patch the remaining bugs before releasing Aliens Colonial Marines.

News Comments > The Assassin's Creed Decade
4. Re: The Assassin's Creed Decade Dec 3, 2010, 11:44 ochentay4

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 11:06:
Maybe AC gets better with every sequel but one baby-step at a time. It's too much of the same, imo. The first game on itself already got boring halfway through; the second I only just managed to finish due to that tiny bit of improvement.

Never have I been looking forward to any of the AC games. Never understood the hype around Brotherhood. It is once again more of the same.. like an expansion.

Makes me think of the next Starcraft coming out next year. Not many people can really be looking forward to that, can they? after already having had the taste.

I enjoyed every iteration, but you are right, the changes are small. The game is fun and entertaining, and its not short, which is good.
I really do not pay attention to any hype surrounding any game because, in the end, you and I are going to judgge the game by playing it. Thats why i keep playing demos before buying the game or playing it on my friends house.
Cheers

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo