Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 356 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:27 ochentay4

Zadig wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 18:03:
Was excited by the Limbo sale but tried the demo first. Endless trial & error gameplay and the glaucoma-scope got old very fast. Glad I tried before I bought.

Grabbed Witcher 2 from Amazon at $16 and got a '$5 off another game purchase in January' voucher. Nice deal.
if I buy it will I get the same $5 off or it was luck?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:26 ochentay4

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 18:06:
I figure 20 bucks is a decent price for FEAR 3, and getting the Fear 2 DLC for 5 bucks, eh.

And since that's the same price as the entire package, I might as well just get the entire package and have everything on Steam.

Creston
still not worth it in my opinion.. fear 3 should hit 10 bucks no more.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Drivers
1. Re: AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Drivers Nov 26, 2011, 18:25 ochentay4

11.11a gave me some vpu recovery... hope this one not since the performance gain over 11.10 are really good  

News Comments > Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans
14. Re: Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans Nov 21, 2011, 15:52 ochentay4

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 13:25:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 12:20:
Well, apparently they've already dumped the voice actors from the previous games, as well as the music guy.
The last Hitman game was terrible and the studio then went on to produce the human excrement that is the Kane & Lynch franchise. I just hope that they can bounce back like the Tomb Raider series did, as otherwise they might as well just retire the franchise and the studio for good. I'd much rather see resources directed towards Eidos-Montreal (like they have announced), as Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a strong title - not revolutionary but still better than most expected.

My expectations for the next Himan game are rock bottom.
Well, Blood Money was excellent, and Knake & Lynch i sutterly crap...

News Comments > Magicka Free Weekend and Sale
1. Re: Magicka Free Weekend and Sale Nov 18, 2011, 05:39 ochentay4

The game is good, but the do not allow me to but the complete collection, take every dlc I dont have and gift the main game. If that changes, I will buy it again.  

News Comments > Good Old Games Adding Good New Games
6. Re: Good Old Games Adding Good New Games Nov 17, 2011, 20:49 ochentay4

Mmm

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2011, 09:50.

News Comments > More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records
9. Re: More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records Nov 17, 2011, 13:54 ochentay4

necrosis wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:24:
ochentay4 wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:05:
Im not a CoD fanboy, but boy, the singleplayer campaign its gooood. Multiplayer will probably be the same as CoDMW2 and BO but it is good nevertheless. No surprise the game sells like hotcakes.
CoD single player good? LOL. I guess your the kind of person who likes Epic Movie.
Well, I hated Epic Movie and every **** Movie... I hated Transformers 3, and I still like MW3 SP Campaign... Still have to finish it, but so far so good, its really fun.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
70. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 11:25 ochentay4

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:17:
ochentay4 wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:09:
Im sure Im going to have a better experience than you, as someone said above, will get it cheaper, patched, with DLC and more mature mods in a few months. I really dont get why everyone runs at launch day speccialy on RPG or similar games.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. It's a singleplayer game, there is no competition for who is having the best experience. I'm enjoying myself so I don't really care if you get the game for $5 with a McDonalds coupon, 5 expansion packs. More power to you man. People buy games at launch day because they want to play them, it's pretty much that simple. Some things I'm happy to wait for but great games like this I tend to pick up and play.

I'd also rather not have every aspect of the game spoiled for me over time as information tends to leak around despite best efforts to avoid it. There's something to be said for doing it yourself with no FAQs or outside information, it's been a fun time discovering everything for myself without knowing that X overpowered weapon comes from Y city because I happened to click on a thread and there was some discussion about the game (on topic or otherwise).
Sorry for the comment above, it sounded arrogant...
What I tried to say is that I will play it, but will wait some months for the price to come down as every Bethesda game gets better with time (like wine).

I agree with you on some points..

Off topic: Talking about spoilers, i spent 20 ours playing Dark Souls, guessing where to go, what to do, trying to understand (without reading online any faq or guide), and finally gave up. Got a guide because that game makes the effort for NOT telling you almost anything. After using the guide I finished it in 60 hours. I enjoyed the mechanichs and the difficult levels, but not knowing what to do for 20 hours is a joke. Discovering or exploring a world its nice, but figuring out wtf to do is crap. I still have to play Demon Souls....

66. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 11:09 ochentay4

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 08:57:
ochentay4 wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 07:39:
7 million units? now bethesda have no excuse to patch this game as soon as possible. Every Fallout or ElderScrolls have been plagued with bugs at launch. Until its not polished, I will not buy it.

Your loss, it's an amazing game and I'm having a blast with it.
Im sure Im going to have a better experience than you, as someone said above, will get it cheaper, patched, with DLC and more mature mods in a few months. I really dont get why everyone runs at launch day speccialy on RPG or similar games.

EDIT: it sounded arrogant. What I tried to say is that I will play it, but will wait some months for the price to come down as every Bethesda game gets better with time (like wine).

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2011, 11:19.

News Comments > More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records
2. Re: More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records Nov 17, 2011, 11:05 ochentay4

Im not a CoD fanboy, but boy, the singleplayer campaign its gooood. Multiplayer will probably be the same as CoDMW2 and BO but it is good nevertheless. No surprise the game sells like hotcakes.  

40. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 07:39 ochentay4

Flatline wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 00:18:
Aside from the unusually craggy mountains which feel like they were auto-generated (I'm fine with craggy, but some of those crags are Mass Effect 1 levels of random peaks), the art direction is among the best I've ever seen.

Seeing smoke plumes from the city change directions in the breeze, watching a wave of wind sway a valley full of trees, the fog/clouds/mist flowing over mountains and forming off of peaks, it's amazing. The small things get me too: I was in the north country near the Mage College and watched as the sun came out after a wicked snow storm, and within a few minutes water was dripping from the edges of cliffs.

It's still buggy (for some reason on the PC my weapons are mapped backwards: The left hand on the screen is activated by the right mouse button), and the quests are glitchy, and some of the enemies are the definition of cheap, but I keep coming back for the art direction. Finding waterfalls and hot springs and other acts of nature are almost more encouragement to play than the quests.
7 million units? now bethesda have no excuse to patch this game as soon as possible. Every Fallout or ElderScrolls have been plagued with bugs at launch. Until its not polished, I will not buy it.

News Comments > Techland TMs "Zombie World"
4. Re: Techland TMs Nov 3, 2011, 07:43 ochentay4

I liked the idea of the game, and enjoyed the first half of it, but I found it filled with bugs of all kinds and colours. A game like this should ve been released polished. Well, every game should, but its bugs couldnt let me enjoy this game. (weapons dissapearing when repairingor upgrading, for ex.)

Also, it gets repetitive, really repetitive after a while, and stopped killing zombies and started to run on every mission it let me. Whats the point of killing all those zombies on that corridors on the last mission?

Also, when I chose Logan that its strenght was throwing weapons, I found out that it wasnt useful to me or I dindnt like it because the weapon I thowed DISSAPEARS! WTF? Boomeran Skill my ass, so I ended up not throwing ANY wepaon, so that class wasnt useful to me. If weapons precius, why should Ive throw them?! I should ve chosen the black guy, but I wasnt going to start all over again.

Oh, and I hated the looting system and its inventory. I spent 50% of my time in the game pressing X button on the Xbox controller to pick up stupid things or arranging the inventory. I hated it with all myy heart.

The story, it sucked so much...

XBox360 graphics where ugly as hell that I regreted buying it on the 360, AND the 360 didnt get the patches of the PC. Why?

Sewers stage was boring. Really boring. Give me more islands please.

Why the Trailer (the one in slowmo) was so fantastic and the game had NOTHING like that?

A solid game, a solid idea, poor execution. 6 months more of development and it could've been perfect.

Lets hope Techland learns from Dead Island mistakes and correct them on Dead World.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2011, 08:13.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
21. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 19:12 ochentay4

MajorD wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:23:
ochentay4 wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:18:
Ehh what!? Infinity Ward made Call of Duty, not Medal of Honor!!!

Easy now. Ya can't let the facts get in the way of a retard's I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-talking-about-but-phuck-EA speech. Please. Show some respect for the mentally handicapped, will ya?!?

Be nice! Especially because:

The original Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was developed by 2015 (Twenty-Fifteen), where twenty-two (22) of the key team members eventually branched off and formed Infinity Ward.

I'm sorry, didnt know that.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
14. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 17:18 ochentay4

Hump wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 16:36:
ugh, just put a nail in the coffin of this IP. EA has butchered it with every attempt since the guys who formed Infinity Ward left.
Ehh what!? Infinity Ward made Call of Duty, not Medal of Honor!!!

I always liked MoH, last installment was short, flawed and expensive, but I liked it.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 13, 2011, 22:28 ochentay4

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 22:02:
Homefront worth $15? Or am I better off waiting for the xmas sale? Was leaning towards xmas...
I will wait to christmas, this game is worth $10, not more. Also, it should be patched as it has many bugs in MP

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 06:18 ochentay4

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 22:05:
nin wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 21:48:
I still haven't gotten around to installing it from the last $5 steam sale!

Yeah, I keep thinking I want to get it, but eh. Not a huge fan of "Oh look, total darkness and now you get attacked by monsters HAHAHAHAAHA WE ARE TEH AWESOME DESIGNURZ!" so I doubt I'd ever really play it.

I did pick up Space Siege for 3 bucks yesterday. Should be at least okay for a single playthrough.

Creston
Absolutely unforgivable. You really dont know what you are missing. As a veteran FPS gamer, Metro 2033 is excellent. Stop playing everything you got and put some hours on it, you wont regret it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken
8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 21:27 ochentay4

Soooooo whats the point of the image? Im downloading DeusEx as we speak..  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
27. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 17:43 ochentay4

Elessar wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 17:38:
How is Origin crappy? I'm genuinely asking because I've yet to install it and I want to know what I'm getting myself into with BF3.
I do not praise Origin, but it works.

You buy/register a game/code, you download the game, and then play it, just like steam. Except it doesnt do everything else that steam does on top of buy/register/install/play games.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
71. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 10:44 ochentay4

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 10:28:
commonperson wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 08:28:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 00:01:
Unless you have some magic ball to stare in to the hearts of game companies it's all hearsay.

There's no need for a magic 8 ball to see the dark heart of EA. All you have to do is look at all the things they've bought over the decades and then killed with ineptitude.

They're a horrible company. They buy decent companies, make them perform to unrealistic expectations, and then start interjecting their own crap ideas just to get that extra 1% profit. It'll happen to Bioware too. The signs are already there.

EA's a husk that makes more husks. That's all they do and that's all they've ever done. The sooner they go the way of Interplay the better everyone will be.

Yes, EA is eviiiiil! Let me take out my magic ball, lets see what will next days/months/years...

FIFA12! MADDEN12!! BF3!!! MASS EFFECT3!!!! Love them all!!! Caching! Bought'em.

Stop whinning and vote with your dollar.

Hyprocrits.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 13:38 ochentay4

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:35:
It's funny looking at their best-selling game franchises they've "created", and seeing how many that Valve actually did themselves. So, uh, Half-Life. Pretty much the entire rest of the list is other teams making/developing games, and Valve hiring them. I mean, it's nice the Valve can recognize talent, but you'd think they'd be able to come up with something original on their own.
Well, Half-Life its one of the best I ever played in my life, and its quite original I might say. Im sure they are making the sequel (its been a long time tough).

356 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo