Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 346 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Anti-Cheat Improvements
4. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Anti-Cheat Improvements Jun 4, 2014, 10:17 ochentay4

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:07:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:51:
Anti-Cheat

Overall anti-cheat improvements.

lies

How about going back and adding it to all previous titles?

No money to be made there.

And why do they rob us with expensive prices on old titles? They do make a ton of money from old titles. Even Call of Duty 4 and World at War are $10 each on sale, and Punkbuster dropped their support on those titles. It's a joke really.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
17. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 14:05 ochentay4

Shineyguy wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:00:
No, it was deprecated BECAUSE it was released in 2003 while Vista released in 2006.
Again, no. First 3 years is nothing, but most important it was deprecated cause it didnt have full DX9 compliance. Radeon 9xxx got supported still in Windows 7.

15. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 14:02 ochentay4

Wookiestick wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:42:
"...Valve coded Half-Life 2's DirectX 9.0 path to use 24-bit floating-point shaders all of the time, when it is really not needed all of the time. "
"...possible to force 16-bit floating-point shaders and see no massive difference in image quality."
Not denying that the FX card was inferior to the R300 chipset, but Valve didn't have to force DX 8.0 on the FX.
Source.
Edit: fixed url.
They simply did not want to degrade graphics quality using 16bit precision. Are you going to ask the same if other game refused to run on SM 2.0 if it was designed for SM3.0? Doesnt make sense.

What everyone needs to understand is that FX cards run slow on full precision. It's not like Valve intended to run slower on FX cards. The problem was the chip. Also HL2 was heavy on shaders at the time. FX cards were really slow on heavy shader demanding games, cause not all shaders are wanted to run on FP16. FX cards were crap and top of the line FX5800 was one of the worst card in history.

Just get the facts straight.

And to make it clear, I hate fanboyism. I currently have a AMD6850 and my 780TI is on the way.

11. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 12:51 ochentay4

Shineyguy wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:43:
ochentay4 wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:29:
EDIT: Also, thanks for NVIDIA FX cards are crippled and they were never supported in VISTA and after. This is because the card was never full DX9 compliant. I still have a FX5600 and I hated NVIDIA so much when Vista came out!

FX5600 was already deprecated when Vista came out. Surprised you had even tried to use that with Vista...
Yeah it was deprecated BECAUSE it wasnt fully DX9. Thats what I just said minutes ago.

8. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 12:29 ochentay4

Wookiestick wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:46:
Seems to echo 10 years ago when Half Life 2 came out. As memory serves, Valve had some sort of sponsorship with ATI (prior to AMD buyout) and the Geforce 5/FX series cards were deliberately crippled because of poor shader model performance. Some tech savvy individuals found out that like 2 lines of code would alleviate that problem.

Another wrong comment, the problem was simple: NVIDIA did only have 16bit partial precision shaders (fast) and 32bit full precision shaders (really slow, the weak point of FX series).

Valve programmed all shaders to use 24bit full precision (which they consider the correct and standard way) and FX cards were forced to use 32bit (slow as hell). ATI did not have this problem as at 24bit they were still fast. So after this FX fiasco (blame Nvidia for not optimizing 32bit path, it reminds me of 3dfx stubborness using 16bit) Valve made a special codepath for FX to use on some places 16bit shader registers.

All in all, NVIDIAs fault.

Get the facts straight.

http://techreport.com/review/5636/valve-steamed-over-nv3x-performance/2

EDIT: Also, thanks for NVIDIA FX cards are crippled and they were never supported in VISTA and after. This is because the card was never full DX9 compliant. I still have a FX5600 and I hated NVIDIA so much when Vista came out!

3. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 10:31 ochentay4

Jraptor59 wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:08:
Ah, the irony. AMD crippled Tomb Raider for Nvidia. Nvidia didn't even receive the source code to update its drivers till after the game was released. Talk about the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.
AMD did not crippled Tomb Raider. In fact Tomb Raider had a lot of problems with AMD cards since the game was rushed to add stupid TressFX and skipped bug crunching and optimizations. So it ran like crap on both sides and worse on NVIDIA sicne TressFX was buggy as hell. After some patches it run great on AMD and NVIDIA.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ibb & obb
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ibb & obb May 26, 2014, 14:21 ochentay4

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:59:
If anyone else gets this game...let me know how you like it please.
I've played this game on PS3, and bored the hell out of me. And I love platformers.

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
17. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 19:32 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 22, 2014, 17:30:
its valve we're talking about here, work a decade old could still be valid (ie valve takes FOREVER to get anything done).
I disagree. Steam is constantly getting great updates. Best updates of the year: Family Sharing and Streaming to other PC!

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
38. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 12:56 ochentay4

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 12:12:
Quboid wrote on May 20, 2014, 11:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:54:
11 minutes of fucking menu time!? WTF!?

"Arcadey Action game through and through"

Looks nice....but I will wait.

I like that, few reviewers show this stuff but it's important and says a lot about how good the game is on a technical level, especially cross platform stuff like this. It's not riveting but it's good that someone covers it.

I'll probably wait too. I've got Crysis 1 and 3 to play if I fancy arcade nonsense and they're cheaper.

Funny, I just mentioned I have Crysis 2 and 3 to play. I loved Crysis 1, and never really found the aliens as annoying as others did. Warzone was even better. No clue why I haven't played 2 yet.
*Warhead*

News Comments > Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update
2. Re: Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update May 12, 2014, 23:48 ochentay4

Gas Bandit wrote on May 12, 2014, 21:48:
Meanwhile those worthless bastards STILL haven't patched out the GFWL dependency of Street Fighter 4. Man, I miss when capcom wasn't a towering sack of shit.
And Resident Evil 5. Dont forget they didnt bother to release RE5 DLC to PC. And Lost Planet Colonies (which is superior to the 1st version released on Steam without G4WL). And Street Fighter x Tekken. And Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. And Dead Rising 2. And Lost Planet 2. And Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. And Dark Void.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
65. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 14:43 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:08:
ochentay4 wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:10:
born2expire wrote on May 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wait until they patch DSII, there is insane input lag and the mouse/kb is unplayable IMO.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to fix that but i'm not holding my breathe.

Who the **** plays Dark Souls 2 with KB+M? Game is designed and best played with a gamepad, period. Try playing Supe Mario Bros 2 without a gamepad. It makes no sense. Some type of games have to be played with a gamepad. Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC! Good lord people! I'm tired of people complaining about Dark Souls 1 & 2 control.

Whatever buddy, blah blah blah gamepads. Yes I have one, but i refuse to use one on any game that requires precise movement or timing.

I was being helpful to anyone like myself who had heard the promises about KB+mouse working this time around, when clearly they don't (and have insane input lag on the mouse buttons).

I got to recognice that DESPITE I AM PLAYING DS2 WITH A GAMEPAD like we all should, KB+M has indeed lag. Go figure.

59. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:45 ochentay4

Alamar wrote on May 12, 2014, 03:10:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:25:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:08:
LMAO, got to be one of the best threads in a long time. Thanks...
This thread seems full of trolls if you want my opinion. If I dare actually comment on the subject of the post, I must say that DayZ sucks ass. Not just DayZ but every other zombie game. After the fist 80 zombie games I think we are ready for something new. How about a modern AAA WWII game? Sorry again to actually comment on the subject matter.

I hope you're kidding... We really don't need another rash of WWII games...

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Yes, you're technically correct... But your counter point is moot. Gamepads for PCs have been around, for ~25 years... Does it really lessen his point that PCs were around a few decades before that?

A better point is simply that as they're still not standard with a PC, PC games shouldn't require them. Except, people beg for PC ports of console games, and Dark Souls are prime examples of that. In the end, the way I see it, the only fault is Steam (and other retailers) not specifically stating that a controller is required, or heavily recommended. Actually, the DS page states 'Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (or equivalent) is strongly recommended' quite noticably... DS2 should have it as prevalent, but it's stated in the minimum specs (as recommended).

-Alamar

Sorry, but gamepads are standard on PC since forever. Everyone who games on PC should have one and stop complaining about terrible KB+M support on any game that was designed for gamepads. Many DOS games were played better with gamepad and almost all games had gamepad support. I remember playing Jazz Jackrabbit (Sonic type of game) with a gamepad, it was great.

57. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:34 ochentay4

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Huh? I'm 29 years old man. I've had a gamepad since DOS days. If you are a PC gamer, and don't have a gamepad, well, go get one and stop complaining about Dark Souls 1/2 KB+M support.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 18:10 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wait until they patch DSII, there is insane input lag and the mouse/kb is unplayable IMO.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to fix that but i'm not holding my breathe.
Who the **** plays Dark Souls 2 with KB+M? Game is designed and best played with a gamepad, period. Try playing Supe Mario Bros 2 without a gamepad. It makes no sense. Some type of games have to be played with a gamepad. Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC! Good lord people! I'm tired of people complaining about Dark Souls 1 & 2 control.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2014, 18:16.

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
6. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 11:34 ochentay4

Watter wrote on May 9, 2014, 10:37:
That franchise lost me as a fan with the horrific way it monetized the second installment. Just awful. Charge me a reasonable price for a game, or if you MUST, put in small micro-transactions, but the huge expensive AND necessary purchases in PvZ 2 were ridiculous.
Is it that difficult for you to IGNORE In-App-Payments? I have almost completed PvsZ 2 on my phone without paying a single cent. In fact, using IAP makes the game stupidly easy and unchalleging (I hacked the game on my tablet to test all IAP to try all offers).

Got to add: I enjoyed almost every second playing it.

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
1. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 09:21 ochentay4

Excellent news! My mom is going to be really happy!
I wonder if they are EVER going to release PvsZ 2 to PC.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
47. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:23 ochentay4

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:46:
Sadly Creston a lot of people doesn't care about that stuff. For one thing they buy these games for the MP. How else do you think Act. can make record profits on DLC map packs?
I personally have zero interest in SP when it comes to CoD. Same thing I can say about BF games.
What they should do is make the SP and MP 2 separate games and let people buy them separately. $39.99 for SP or MP only or $60 for both.

That's exactly what I said, actually.

I can't imagine that there are that many people who buy CoD for their SP campaigns, it's MP only, but if they go MP only then Activision has a hard time justifying a $60 price tag. And the campaign really doesn't cost that much to make. It's just a pure profit motivator, really.
Many people don't play online, like me and my friends. We come to each other houses play together the campaing or Split Screen, or LAN party at best. Can't see why everyone doesn't understand what Activision does: they make a yearly product for all audiences and tastes: SP and MP lovers. SP is like a great movie and I love them and MP it's, well I don't know, I don't play it. Everyone complains yet everyone buys it...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:35 ochentay4

Well, I'm not a fan of CoD series, always prefered BF, but this trailer loos great, even my wife who hates videogames in general said wow. Looking forward! (got to get a PS4!!!).  

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016
2. Re: NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016 Mar 14, 2014, 09:51 ochentay4

"future driver enhancements and optimizations in driver releases" What about fixes? ATI left us cold with Radeon HD4000 motherboard chipsets (which have HDMI, ideal for HTPC), which have outdated drivers and many bugs, also terrible linux drivers. I hope nvidia dont do the same, scpecially when its arbitrary.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
22. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:09 ochentay4

Im going to play it despite mediocre scores: good Stealth games are scarce.  

346 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo