Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 341 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
3. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 10:31 ochentay4

Jraptor59 wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:08:
Ah, the irony. AMD crippled Tomb Raider for Nvidia. Nvidia didn't even receive the source code to update its drivers till after the game was released. Talk about the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.
AMD did not crippled Tomb Raider. In fact Tomb Raider had a lot of problems with AMD cards since the game was rushed to add stupid TressFX and skipped bug crunching and optimizations. So it ran like crap on both sides and worse on NVIDIA sicne TressFX was buggy as hell. After some patches it run great on AMD and NVIDIA.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ibb & obb
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ibb & obb May 26, 2014, 14:21 ochentay4

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:59:
If anyone else gets this game...let me know how you like it please.
I've played this game on PS3, and bored the hell out of me. And I love platformers.

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
17. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 19:32 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 22, 2014, 17:30:
its valve we're talking about here, work a decade old could still be valid (ie valve takes FOREVER to get anything done).
I disagree. Steam is constantly getting great updates. Best updates of the year: Family Sharing and Streaming to other PC!

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
38. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 12:56 ochentay4

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 12:12:
Quboid wrote on May 20, 2014, 11:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:54:
11 minutes of fucking menu time!? WTF!?

"Arcadey Action game through and through"

Looks nice....but I will wait.

I like that, few reviewers show this stuff but it's important and says a lot about how good the game is on a technical level, especially cross platform stuff like this. It's not riveting but it's good that someone covers it.

I'll probably wait too. I've got Crysis 1 and 3 to play if I fancy arcade nonsense and they're cheaper.

Funny, I just mentioned I have Crysis 2 and 3 to play. I loved Crysis 1, and never really found the aliens as annoying as others did. Warzone was even better. No clue why I haven't played 2 yet.
*Warhead*

News Comments > Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update
2. Re: Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update May 12, 2014, 23:48 ochentay4

Gas Bandit wrote on May 12, 2014, 21:48:
Meanwhile those worthless bastards STILL haven't patched out the GFWL dependency of Street Fighter 4. Man, I miss when capcom wasn't a towering sack of shit.
And Resident Evil 5. Dont forget they didnt bother to release RE5 DLC to PC. And Lost Planet Colonies (which is superior to the 1st version released on Steam without G4WL). And Street Fighter x Tekken. And Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. And Dead Rising 2. And Lost Planet 2. And Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. And Dark Void.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
65. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 14:43 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:08:
ochentay4 wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:10:
born2expire wrote on May 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wait until they patch DSII, there is insane input lag and the mouse/kb is unplayable IMO.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to fix that but i'm not holding my breathe.

Who the **** plays Dark Souls 2 with KB+M? Game is designed and best played with a gamepad, period. Try playing Supe Mario Bros 2 without a gamepad. It makes no sense. Some type of games have to be played with a gamepad. Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC! Good lord people! I'm tired of people complaining about Dark Souls 1 & 2 control.

Whatever buddy, blah blah blah gamepads. Yes I have one, but i refuse to use one on any game that requires precise movement or timing.

I was being helpful to anyone like myself who had heard the promises about KB+mouse working this time around, when clearly they don't (and have insane input lag on the mouse buttons).

I got to recognice that DESPITE I AM PLAYING DS2 WITH A GAMEPAD like we all should, KB+M has indeed lag. Go figure.

59. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:45 ochentay4

Alamar wrote on May 12, 2014, 03:10:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:25:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:08:
LMAO, got to be one of the best threads in a long time. Thanks...
This thread seems full of trolls if you want my opinion. If I dare actually comment on the subject of the post, I must say that DayZ sucks ass. Not just DayZ but every other zombie game. After the fist 80 zombie games I think we are ready for something new. How about a modern AAA WWII game? Sorry again to actually comment on the subject matter.

I hope you're kidding... We really don't need another rash of WWII games...

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Yes, you're technically correct... But your counter point is moot. Gamepads for PCs have been around, for ~25 years... Does it really lessen his point that PCs were around a few decades before that?

A better point is simply that as they're still not standard with a PC, PC games shouldn't require them. Except, people beg for PC ports of console games, and Dark Souls are prime examples of that. In the end, the way I see it, the only fault is Steam (and other retailers) not specifically stating that a controller is required, or heavily recommended. Actually, the DS page states 'Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (or equivalent) is strongly recommended' quite noticably... DS2 should have it as prevalent, but it's stated in the minimum specs (as recommended).

-Alamar

Sorry, but gamepads are standard on PC since forever. Everyone who games on PC should have one and stop complaining about terrible KB+M support on any game that was designed for gamepads. Many DOS games were played better with gamepad and almost all games had gamepad support. I remember playing Jazz Jackrabbit (Sonic type of game) with a gamepad, it was great.

57. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:34 ochentay4

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Huh? I'm 29 years old man. I've had a gamepad since DOS days. If you are a PC gamer, and don't have a gamepad, well, go get one and stop complaining about Dark Souls 1/2 KB+M support.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 18:10 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wait until they patch DSII, there is insane input lag and the mouse/kb is unplayable IMO.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to fix that but i'm not holding my breathe.
Who the **** plays Dark Souls 2 with KB+M? Game is designed and best played with a gamepad, period. Try playing Supe Mario Bros 2 without a gamepad. It makes no sense. Some type of games have to be played with a gamepad. Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC! Good lord people! I'm tired of people complaining about Dark Souls 1 & 2 control.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2014, 18:16.

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
6. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 11:34 ochentay4

Watter wrote on May 9, 2014, 10:37:
That franchise lost me as a fan with the horrific way it monetized the second installment. Just awful. Charge me a reasonable price for a game, or if you MUST, put in small micro-transactions, but the huge expensive AND necessary purchases in PvZ 2 were ridiculous.
Is it that difficult for you to IGNORE In-App-Payments? I have almost completed PvsZ 2 on my phone without paying a single cent. In fact, using IAP makes the game stupidly easy and unchalleging (I hacked the game on my tablet to test all IAP to try all offers).

Got to add: I enjoyed almost every second playing it.

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
1. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 09:21 ochentay4

Excellent news! My mom is going to be really happy!
I wonder if they are EVER going to release PvsZ 2 to PC.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
47. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:23 ochentay4

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:46:
Sadly Creston a lot of people doesn't care about that stuff. For one thing they buy these games for the MP. How else do you think Act. can make record profits on DLC map packs?
I personally have zero interest in SP when it comes to CoD. Same thing I can say about BF games.
What they should do is make the SP and MP 2 separate games and let people buy them separately. $39.99 for SP or MP only or $60 for both.

That's exactly what I said, actually.

I can't imagine that there are that many people who buy CoD for their SP campaigns, it's MP only, but if they go MP only then Activision has a hard time justifying a $60 price tag. And the campaign really doesn't cost that much to make. It's just a pure profit motivator, really.
Many people don't play online, like me and my friends. We come to each other houses play together the campaing or Split Screen, or LAN party at best. Can't see why everyone doesn't understand what Activision does: they make a yearly product for all audiences and tastes: SP and MP lovers. SP is like a great movie and I love them and MP it's, well I don't know, I don't play it. Everyone complains yet everyone buys it...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:35 ochentay4

Well, I'm not a fan of CoD series, always prefered BF, but this trailer loos great, even my wife who hates videogames in general said wow. Looking forward! (got to get a PS4!!!).  

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016
2. Re: NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016 Mar 14, 2014, 09:51 ochentay4

"future driver enhancements and optimizations in driver releases" What about fixes? ATI left us cold with Radeon HD4000 motherboard chipsets (which have HDMI, ideal for HTPC), which have outdated drivers and many bugs, also terrible linux drivers. I hope nvidia dont do the same, scpecially when its arbitrary.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
22. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:09 ochentay4

Im going to play it despite mediocre scores: good Stealth games are scarce.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Hollow Lullaby" Trailer
4. Re: Dark Souls II Feb 21, 2014, 11:11 ochentay4

Zyrxil wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 09:56:
Worst narration I've ever heard. Also, I'm pretty sure that's all Dark Souls I footage.
Yeap, I agree with you. On the other hand, cant wait to play DS2!!!

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
9. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 18:02 ochentay4

I dont care if it looks the same as DS1. I want DS2 so so bad!!! Bring it on!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
26. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 07:50 ochentay4

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 05:42:
And I'm sick and tired of whiny black guys in games. First Lamar in GTA5, now Irish in BF4. Would have killed them both given the option.
Racist comment of the year.

News Comments > DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt
22. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 17:54 ochentay4

Quboid wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 17:14:
ochentay4 wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:57:
Im a gamer and I couldnt care less about Achievements/Trhopies.

Neither do I, but someone having a different opinion doesn't mean they couldn't be more stupid.
Yeah you are right. I just hate people who complain when something great like G4WL removal happens.

News Comments > DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt
20. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 16:57 ochentay4

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:05:
Ehh, calm down ochentay. While GFWL is a problem for many (it absolutely breaks your savegame in Dirt2 if you play multiplayer), the achievements are part of Xbox gamercards, and to be locked out of getting a 100% on a game, forever, sucks. And before you start typing about how this is a pc-elitist news site, the big thing people should be looking at is this is how it will be done every time a service dies. I believe Origin will stick around, it's actually a decent interface. But Uplay and the 50 other download services out there won't all survive. And the games on those will have to be converted, likely losing save files, or possibly lost entirely.

While I'm kind of glad GFWL is being killed, multiple games that I love are saddled with it and may not be updated. Red Faction Guerilla is a fantastic game, and while you can play single player and LAN play with a .dll bypass, you can't play it online. And I'm not sure how Iron Brigade will shake out either, which would be a terrible shame.

No matter if it was for the better, it sucks to be working toward a goal and have it taken away with little to no warning. And while I don't understand those that hate steam (those that do, WHY do you hate it? I'm curious. You just say it sucks and don't back that up with WHY), if you buy a game that explicitly doesn't require something you dislike, then it's forced in later...I can see where people could get pissy about that. Think if it went the other way around, eh? Buy a game on steam, and when you're 3/4 thru it, they add GFWL to it and break your savegames.
Yeah I was harsh with that guy, but complaining that G4WL was taken out without prior notice is just dumb. Lost savegames? He was lucky he didnt lost savegames USING G4WL like many other suffered. Who the fuck cares about an inclomplete gamercard for G4WL? Im a gamer and I couldnt care less about Achievements/Trhopies. Who cares for gamesaves for a game which was converted to use the better platform/system? All I say, G4WL is one of the worst ings that happened for PC gamers last years and all news regarding its replacement/removal are great. I still find funny that Windows is the platform of choice for PC gamers and Microsoft keeps on fucking with us with its nonexistent support, crappy games, crappy client, crappy damned app store (Im looking at you Win8!)
Im grateful for Steam (got almost 1000 games!!!), but Im not a PC elitist. Im a gamer. Plain and simple. I have bought and played almost all platforms since I was 2 years, and to this day I possess a PS Vita, 360, PS3 and a Wii, which In my country they cost 6x of the price of US/EU. And I assure you despite many fun hours I had with the 360 I now hate it for many reasons. Microsoft sucks so much I cant believe it. XBone will suck so bad on top of Win8 which is crap (and I say this as a gamer, as a pc consumer and as a IT Network admnistrator). All Microsoft decision seem to be made by someone who wish Microsoft to die, which I for sure dont as competition is always good.

341 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo