Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 352 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch Jan 26, 2012, 11:25 ochentay4

Thats a loong fix list! Nice. In contrary, they should ve shipped a bugless game (cause its a loong fix list), but how if they release an Assassins Creed game every year!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Paradox on DRM
13. Re: Quoteworthy - Paradox on DRM Jan 25, 2012, 12:26 ochentay4

People complain about DRM and other idiots LOVE to have their steam account filled with games.

If a bundle (royal, humble, other) doesnt have games that dont register on steam the bundle is less succesful than other that does register (even if they offer the games drm free).

Paradox use Steam because customers WANT not because they want. I bet if people claim their games to be DRM STEAM FREE they could ship them DRM FREE for real.

News Comments > Snipers Next Month
1. Re: Snipers Next Month Jan 16, 2012, 23:58 ochentay4

Sometimes games titles amaze me... Zero creativity.  

News Comments > Nation Red Free Weekend; Sale
2. Re: Nation Red Free Weekend; Sale Jan 12, 2012, 22:11 ochentay4

Crustacean Soup wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 21:42:
Why can't we have a bright, colorful, happy zombie game?
Dead Island, despite the bugs, its bright and colorful, and really enjoyable. Cant think of a happy zombie game.. happy and zombie dont mix together...

Nation red for 2.5$? bought.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 SDK
2. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 11, 2012, 09:58 ochentay4

Nice! Now I hope they remove the remaining bugs of the game.  

News Comments > How to Get Banned From MW3
12. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 23:08 ochentay4

Evil Timmy wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:18:
One phenomenon I've noticed is the direct correlation between people who only play on their 40" bargain flatscreen's speakers and people who frequently claim others are cheating. A friend who was in that situation, and who was actually a fairly good and experienced COD player, fell prey to that line of thinking. He could aim and react pretty well, but kept on bitching about cheaters when it came to close combat or guys on the other side of a wall. He got a nice set of Turtle Beach headphones for an early Christmas present, and the look on his face when he realized that, unless he had Ninja Pro (or whatever it's called in MW3) to silence his footsteps, he could easily be tracked by sound alone (by anyone with a proper surround or headphone setup)...well, it was definitely a shock. The allegations of cheating have dropped off sharply since that revelation, and I wonder how common that really is, as he's not the only one with that setup.
To claim everyones cheating is an easy way to justify that they suck, even if they think they dont.

Playing Dark Souls has let me re-think about new games difficulty. Some games should be harder to learn.
I recently beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "Missing Link" in hard or "Deus Ex" difficulty. What a piece of cake...
Call of Duty is like the Bejeweled of FPS. Its easy to pick up but really hard to master.

Will try to stop this nonsense and get some sleep, I still have dozen of games to play. Blame Steam, Amazon, GreenManGaming, and every fking bundle in last 6 months.

News Comments > Steam Soars
2. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 10:24 ochentay4

Anyone wants Duke Nukem Forever ?? Could trade for Bastion or something..  

News Comments > Blizzard Downtime
11. Re: Blizzard Downtime Dec 25, 2011, 13:08 ochentay4

I bet my ass they were hacked !!!  

News Comments > GOG.com Geo-IP Changes
2. Re: GOG.com Geo-IP Changes Dec 23, 2011, 21:41 ochentay4

I love GOG, Witcher franchise and almost everything they do nowadays, but I think they dropped the ball in this case. Namco Bandai was right and its claim was legit (which I hate to admit) and of course they won on court, which is a shame since it doesnt make anyone happy except Namco Bandai. I just hope that in the future they take the precautions to evade this ridiculous conflicts.  

News Comments > EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward
17. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 23, 2011, 08:00 ochentay4

Veterator wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 04:39:
There used to be a time in the US, and perhaps it still bears out in the corporate charters issued...that corporations had to consider the welfare of the people. IE, highly profitable company who is poisoning the ground water for miles around would be held accountable and lose their corporate charter (basically a license to exist).

Hell corporations used to employ local citizenry and maintain public parks non-employees could visit because their existence depended on it.

NOW corporations are all about profit. There's nothing wrong with profit, but there is definitely something wrong with going about it by any means necessary.....legal or not. Bribing watchdog groups, bribing politicians, using those bribe officials to negotiate lucrative deals the government and therefore the people pay for. That shit is not OK, has not been OK, and should not be OK going forward. If people were unable to receive bribes without going to jail, that corporate charter definition would move back to the interpretation it used to have. The general theme being that the corporation existed as long as it was beneficial to the people and at the sufferance of those same people.

If a company moved into your area, negotiated contracts where they were required to hire so many local employees......provide X tax revenue and basically be a benefit to the community. Then they turned around and made the jobs intolerable or paid unlivable wages, or offshored all their work (this happened in florida)...that corporation could and should lose it's charter for that kind of backhanded bullshit.
Couldlt said better myself. +1 To you.

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion Announced
5. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion Announced Dec 12, 2011, 12:56 ochentay4

mmm will try it when time finds me thanks  

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion Announced
1. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion Announced Dec 12, 2011, 10:59 ochentay4

Who plays this/these game/s?  

News Comments > GSC Game World Closing?
28. Re: GSC Game World Closing? Dec 9, 2011, 18:44 ochentay4

dumpy wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 18:01:
The rights to the Stalker series may be sold, so the series may yet be saved. I'd imagine the franchise is something that Ukrainian studios are quite proud of, so they'd like to keep it local. Pray it's not EA or Activision that claim it.
As I see, the "rights" of a franchise means squat if the developer is the "gem" of the franchise. No GSC, no STALKER game.

News Comments > GSC Game World Closing?
2. Re: GSC Game World Closing? Dec 9, 2011, 12:13 ochentay4

Noooooooo! STALKER games are really good! WTF!?  

News Comments > Indie Gala Bundle
2. Re: Indie Gala Bundle Dec 6, 2011, 21:43 ochentay4

Razorclaw wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 21:24:
would be useful to point out this bundle is steam only. not only steam only, it's steam keys only.
I loved it though, keep it coming!

News Comments > Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale
24. Re: Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale Dec 1, 2011, 19:29 ochentay4

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 17:59:
Prez wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 17:25:
I'm afraid to try Terraria - my Geforce 560 Ti might rebel against its lowly graphics. Not to mention I'll never hear the end of it if my son sees me playing it. I never pass up the chance to bust him about how much he plays Minecraft.

Well, I was advised multiple times today that I am one

How rude! I remember when I was young, and we had enough respect for the police to only call them donut-munching flat-footed civil servants.

heheheh That is just from the people that LIKE me! I can't repeat what SOME of wonderful people I deal with say...... ....at least not here. Sometimes I wish everything WAS recorded, just so I had on record how dumb some people are.

Prez - you don't have THIS game!? I have 2 extra copies....
I'll gladly take one of yours and make you a friend (steamname: matcarfer)

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:27 ochentay4

Zadig wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 18:03:
Was excited by the Limbo sale but tried the demo first. Endless trial & error gameplay and the glaucoma-scope got old very fast. Glad I tried before I bought.

Grabbed Witcher 2 from Amazon at $16 and got a '$5 off another game purchase in January' voucher. Nice deal.
if I buy it will I get the same $5 off or it was luck?

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:26 ochentay4

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 18:06:
I figure 20 bucks is a decent price for FEAR 3, and getting the Fear 2 DLC for 5 bucks, eh.

And since that's the same price as the entire package, I might as well just get the entire package and have everything on Steam.

Creston
still not worth it in my opinion.. fear 3 should hit 10 bucks no more.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Drivers
1. Re: AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Drivers Nov 26, 2011, 18:25 ochentay4

11.11a gave me some vpu recovery... hope this one not since the performance gain over 11.10 are really good  

News Comments > Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans
14. Re: Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans Nov 21, 2011, 15:52 ochentay4

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 13:25:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 12:20:
Well, apparently they've already dumped the voice actors from the previous games, as well as the music guy.
The last Hitman game was terrible and the studio then went on to produce the human excrement that is the Kane & Lynch franchise. I just hope that they can bounce back like the Tomb Raider series did, as otherwise they might as well just retire the franchise and the studio for good. I'd much rather see resources directed towards Eidos-Montreal (like they have announced), as Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a strong title - not revolutionary but still better than most expected.

My expectations for the next Himan game are rock bottom.
Well, Blood Money was excellent, and Knake & Lynch i sutterly crap...

352 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo