Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 342 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC This Month
2. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC This Month Apr 4, 2012, 13:14 ochentay4

Could someone enlight me? Whats so good about this game? I never EVER head about Kingdoms of Amalur ¿*saga*? Thanks!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
6. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 17:51 ochentay4

Dades wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 17:41:
Getting a little tired of these constant updates, can't they just work with developers like Nvidia does?
Just dont update if the fixes do not affect you.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
3. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 11:32 ochentay4

Alex Hutchinson: "2 months before official release we will delay PC port for 6 months to include PC love (adv. graphics options, mouse and keyboard)".

Said it first.

Sigh....

News Comments > Rovio Acquires Futuremark Games Studio
11. Re: Rovio Acquires Futuremark Games Studio Mar 27, 2012, 17:28 ochentay4

So, they made Angry Birds (a casual cellphone game) and now they gained so much money they bought FUTUREMARK? Unbelivable.  

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
32. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 15:42 ochentay4

m0deth wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 13:50:
@ochentay4

Show me a pen drive that can fit 291 games with installers and I'm there!

Do you even hear yourself? Maybe you might not know this, when you purchase a game license(and that's all it is)...you are protected from such nightmare situations, as even upon dissolution, either Valve, or the Publishers that signed on with them, would have to provide a way for you to access your licensed content. One way or the other.

Yeah, it would be a total pain, especially for that many games, but to say the fear is there because they may go under is like saying you shouldn't buy a Ford because your local dealership may go under. Kinda silly.

Now if Congress/SCOTUS continues to think they way they do lately, maybe those protections would be gone, I dunno, but then, Valve wouldn't exactly be to blame for that would they?
Is it that difficult to understand to you that there are 1TB portable USB Hard Drives (which I have many since I need them) available crying for DRM free games?

20. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 13:31 ochentay4

MajorD wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 13:06:
I can honestly say that I've purchased each and every game I have; therefore, I don't feel the least bit guilty when I search/find/use NO-CD/DVD cracks for those installed games that require one form of DRM or another. Never an issue from that point on.......

I have 291 on steam with the fear that sometime in the future could happen something bad and not getting access from them.
Also, I happen to have a notebook (I travel a lot) and dont have any kind of internet connection when I travel to download the games from steam, so it could be fantastic to pop out a drm free installer from a pendrive and install the games I want to play on my notebook, on my work, on every pc I own without depending from steam. I dont hate Steam, but I like better DRM Free installers.

Recently I bought A LOT of DRM Free Ubisoft from Amazon.com at $2.50. Wanted to promote DRM free games! (Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Asssasins Creed 1, Ghost Recon Adv. Warfighter 1 & 2) and I am really enjoying them!

Long live DRM free games.

14. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 12:47 ochentay4

In fact UBI, its very simple, CDproject got it right: DRM Free on every product (including AAA releases).

If you want to promote your game, release the game with a CDKEY only to allow leaderboards and to download FREE DLC. Remember the times when DLC was free? The last free DLC for a popular game that I remember was Call of Duty World at War (every map released on the 360 and PS3 are free for pc, they are included IN THE PATCHES.)

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming?
8. Re: Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? Mar 21, 2012, 10:43 ochentay4

I never ever play RPG and this game sucked 60 hours of my life. I dont want to play more on the 360 or PS3 casue of low quality graphics (the consoles are really getting old). This game on PC will rock hard. The game is really good, innovative, absolutely hard at everything.

I wonder who in earth got all the achievements/thropies for this game. I think its impossible

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
12. Re: Dragon Age Entering Mar 19, 2012, 21:46 ochentay4

Icewind wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 21:13:
Loving the comments here so far. Glad everyone is waking up to this. I walked away from BioWare back when they released Mass Effect 2, which was an absolute piece of crap in every way, shape and form.

DA2 was just the icing on the stink-cake.

They are, like Ubisoft before them, on my shit-list.
I hate Origin and EA, but Mass Effect 2 is really good (maybe a little repetitive). Why are you saying it was a piece of crap? Whats SO different about Mass Effect 1?

News Comments > PC Binary Domain Next Month
9. Re: PC Binary Domain Next Month Mar 19, 2012, 21:44 ochentay4

I love the idea to fighr mechs and BIG mechs, its an InstaBuy! (Played the demo on the 360 and loved it)  

News Comments > RIDGE RACER UNBOUNDED Delay
7. Re: RIDGE RACER UNBOUNDED Delay Mar 6, 2012, 09:09 ochentay4

Didnt know it was coming to pc! Is this the first installment on pc am I right? Hope its good.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
30. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 11:53 ochentay4

Dev wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 11:48:
LOL, yet another case where the xbox version is leaked ahead of retail date and is fully playable, yet the PC (where all the companies seem to always be stressing and crying and saying they need more crazy insane DRM) isn't playable.

Maybe they should focus a teeny tiny bit more on console piracy.
yay! Dont give ideas please. I bet future EA games will come LOCKED to a one-time-use serial number (ala Steam, Origin) FOR CONSOLES. Not an an online pass... and you will forget aobut used games.

Im sure I will not buy a game in my life again if thats the case.

News Comments > Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games
88. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 19:14 ochentay4

Sooo, Origin is crap, EA is the devil, Steam is excellent, Valve rocks. Boycott EA so they learn. Thats it.  

News Comments > Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games
4. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 10:18 ochentay4

This guy is probably wrong. As Dead Space 2 (and many EA games) when you login you have to register or login with an email to EA servers, when that happens, the game gets registered on Origin. Its not that it scan the registry seeking serial numbers and adding it automagically.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 27, 2012, 11:38 ochentay4

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:11:
ASeven wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:09:
40 hours? How long were the past ME games?

20-25 hours main quest only content, anywhere from 35-60 hours with sidequests. The first game ran towards 80 for completionist but it was a lot of filler.

40 hours isn't bad or anything although if its the usual dev exaggeration then there might be a lot less side content than even ME2.
I completed Mass Effect 2 100% (all dlc, every mission) on 32 hs. Loved it.

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
65. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 16:15 ochentay4

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 12:42:

This fucker's going to die of a heart attack at 19...

http://youtu.be/IUrbMDt5t4A

Hahahahah this guy is hilarous! But he is right!

63. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 15:40 ochentay4

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 13:40:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 13:31:
Just wait and buy the ultimate GOTY pack 12 months from now. There's no need to reward this if you don't like it.

That'd be a good idea, except ME2 never had such a release... Ergo, Latin, there's a good chance that you then never get it.

Also, as far as I can recall, the ME2 DLC NEVER went on sale either.

Creston
Exactly. 10 Bucks for old DLC, no way.

35. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 12:42 ochentay4

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 11:19:
ochentay4 wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:28:
For the record, I started and finished Mass Effect 1 and in the process of finishing Mass Effect 2 and realised that there is a lot of content missing from the main game, made as DLC:

Kasumi - Stolen Memory: 2 Missions, 1 Squadmate, 1 Location, 1 Submachine Gun and 1 Upgrade.

Overlord: 4 Assignments, 1 Location and 1 Upgrade.

Lair of the Shadow Broker: 1 Mission, 1 Temporary Squadmate, 1 Location, 6 Upgrades and 2 Cabin Items.

Arrival: 1 Assignment, 1 Location and 3 Upgrades.

All this are long, are not included in the main game (even if you have Digital Deluxe Ed. or Collector Ed.) and some (like Arrival or Lair of the Shadow Broker) are really worth playing, but damn, they are really expensive!
DLC is getting out of hand. I know that A LOT of content wil be missing from Mass Effect 3 from day 1 and made as DLC. Its a shame as I dont plan too buy it, as I didnt buy Mass Effect 2 DLC...

"- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification." Yeah right...

I don't actually agree with any of these. All these DLCs came out LONG after the main game, so in that case I think it's clear they were developed after the main game shipped. i have no problem with those, especially since I quite enjoyed all of these.

Zaeed's DLC pack and this From Ashes pack were both created at the same time, were ready at launch day, and are simply being sold separately to raise profits.

Creston
I checked release dates and damn, you are right. Nevertheless, they are expensive as hell, and "From Ashes" DLC is unexcusable.

9. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 10:28 ochentay4

For the record, I started and finished Mass Effect 1 and in the process of finishing Mass Effect 2 and realised that there is a lot of content missing from the main game, made as DLC:

Kasumi - Stolen Memory: 2 Missions, 1 Squadmate, 1 Location, 1 Submachine Gun and 1 Upgrade.

Overlord: 4 Assignments, 1 Location and 1 Upgrade.

Lair of the Shadow Broker: 1 Mission, 1 Temporary Squadmate, 1 Location, 6 Upgrades and 2 Cabin Items.

Arrival: 1 Assignment, 1 Location and 3 Upgrades.

All this are long, are not included in the main game (even if you have Digital Deluxe Ed. or Collector Ed.) and some (like Arrival or Lair of the Shadow Broker) are really worth playing, but damn, they are really expensive!
DLC is getting out of hand. I know that A LOT of content wil be missing from Mass Effect 3 from day 1 and made as DLC. Its a shame as I dont plan too buy it, as I didnt buy Mass Effect 2 DLC...

"- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification." Yeah right...

News Comments > Be Mine Indie Bundle
1. Re: Be Mine Indie Bundle Feb 21, 2012, 12:00 ochentay4

EXCELLENT bundle!  

342 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo