Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016
2. Re: NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016 Mar 14, 2014, 09:51 ochentay4

"future driver enhancements and optimizations in driver releases" What about fixes? ATI left us cold with Radeon HD4000 motherboard chipsets (which have HDMI, ideal for HTPC), which have outdated drivers and many bugs, also terrible linux drivers. I hope nvidia dont do the same, scpecially when its arbitrary.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
22. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:09 ochentay4

Im going to play it despite mediocre scores: good Stealth games are scarce.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Hollow Lullaby" Trailer
4. Re: Dark Souls II Feb 21, 2014, 11:11 ochentay4

Zyrxil wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 09:56:
Worst narration I've ever heard. Also, I'm pretty sure that's all Dark Souls I footage.
Yeap, I agree with you. On the other hand, cant wait to play DS2!!!

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
9. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 18:02 ochentay4

I dont care if it looks the same as DS1. I want DS2 so so bad!!! Bring it on!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
26. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 07:50 ochentay4

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 05:42:
And I'm sick and tired of whiny black guys in games. First Lamar in GTA5, now Irish in BF4. Would have killed them both given the option.
Racist comment of the year.

News Comments > DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt
22. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 17:54 ochentay4

Quboid wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 17:14:
ochentay4 wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:57:
Im a gamer and I couldnt care less about Achievements/Trhopies.

Neither do I, but someone having a different opinion doesn't mean they couldn't be more stupid.
Yeah you are right. I just hate people who complain when something great like G4WL removal happens.

20. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 16:57 ochentay4

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:05:
Ehh, calm down ochentay. While GFWL is a problem for many (it absolutely breaks your savegame in Dirt2 if you play multiplayer), the achievements are part of Xbox gamercards, and to be locked out of getting a 100% on a game, forever, sucks. And before you start typing about how this is a pc-elitist news site, the big thing people should be looking at is this is how it will be done every time a service dies. I believe Origin will stick around, it's actually a decent interface. But Uplay and the 50 other download services out there won't all survive. And the games on those will have to be converted, likely losing save files, or possibly lost entirely.

While I'm kind of glad GFWL is being killed, multiple games that I love are saddled with it and may not be updated. Red Faction Guerilla is a fantastic game, and while you can play single player and LAN play with a .dll bypass, you can't play it online. And I'm not sure how Iron Brigade will shake out either, which would be a terrible shame.

No matter if it was for the better, it sucks to be working toward a goal and have it taken away with little to no warning. And while I don't understand those that hate steam (those that do, WHY do you hate it? I'm curious. You just say it sucks and don't back that up with WHY), if you buy a game that explicitly doesn't require something you dislike, then it's forced in later...I can see where people could get pissy about that. Think if it went the other way around, eh? Buy a game on steam, and when you're 3/4 thru it, they add GFWL to it and break your savegames.
Yeah I was harsh with that guy, but complaining that G4WL was taken out without prior notice is just dumb. Lost savegames? He was lucky he didnt lost savegames USING G4WL like many other suffered. Who the fuck cares about an inclomplete gamercard for G4WL? Im a gamer and I couldnt care less about Achievements/Trhopies. Who cares for gamesaves for a game which was converted to use the better platform/system? All I say, G4WL is one of the worst ings that happened for PC gamers last years and all news regarding its replacement/removal are great. I still find funny that Windows is the platform of choice for PC gamers and Microsoft keeps on fucking with us with its nonexistent support, crappy games, crappy client, crappy damned app store (Im looking at you Win8!)
Im grateful for Steam (got almost 1000 games!!!), but Im not a PC elitist. Im a gamer. Plain and simple. I have bought and played almost all platforms since I was 2 years, and to this day I possess a PS Vita, 360, PS3 and a Wii, which In my country they cost 6x of the price of US/EU. And I assure you despite many fun hours I had with the 360 I now hate it for many reasons. Microsoft sucks so much I cant believe it. XBone will suck so bad on top of Win8 which is crap (and I say this as a gamer, as a pc consumer and as a IT Network admnistrator). All Microsoft decision seem to be made by someone who wish Microsoft to die, which I for sure dont as competition is always good.

13. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 14:46 ochentay4

TheWeaponeer wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 14:23:
As one of the few long-term GFWL players, I figured this would be coming soon enough. Thanks to Codemasters (and Capcom as well with their titles) for giving me a timeframe to plan around rather than pulling a dick move like what Warner Brothers and 2K did; simply switching everything over with no stated timeframe of doing so. Nope, no official announcements like this - they just switched them over and THEN posted an announcement about the actual change over. You have no idea how badly that screwed me and my game library up. I lost all of my Batman save data (from my retail copies of Arkham Asylum, AA GOTY, Arkham City, and AC GOTY - yup, all FOUR of them), and I was furious for days because of that. I was slowly working my way through AC GOTY under GFWL and now that is gone.

Because of that, neither 2K or WB gets upfront money from me anymore. EVER. Either 75%+ off MSRP through "servies" or USED from Gamestop. I can understand doing it for Steam - but killing my retail copies was completely unfair to me and others like me. Remember, GFWL titles are part of my Gamer Card history on the 360 and now I can not access some of my titles to work on that because of this. That IS a bad thing.

And before anyone says this was the best way, I got two words for you - TOY SOLIDERS. That is the one game on Steam that did this issue right. As for From and Dark Souls, I hope they are more like Capcom and Codemasters in this case than Warner Brothers and 2K.

/rant comment - I know, I KNOW, most people won't care about this and how it affects me, Steam rules blah blah blah, so spare me your keystrokes and smarky replies concering that. My copies are retail discs, and like you guys who will not touch anything non-Steam, I should have a right to play a game under whatever "service" I chose to support a game under. Let it now be known that a situtation like this does do damage to legitimate game owners and users - especially those who like retail copies over "services". There are gamers out there who really do not like Steam (we are few but we DO exist - Valve as a company leaves a lot to be desired), and these change overs seem to cater more to people waiting to buy the games for pennies on the dollar on sale more than those who went out and bought the games new when it mattered to their bottom line. I know exactly the kind of response I will probably receive to this post; but understand one day this might happen to each and every one of you too... pray that it never does. /end rant comment
You couldnt be more stupid. You should really thank WB and 2K for removing this piece of crap software the fastest they could. It was garbage from the beggining. Also, we all Blues users knew about it before it was available. Go cry a river.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
18. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 4, 2013, 20:10 ochentay4

Why all the negative comments. If you are happy whith what you have, then why complain? I would love to have a really small but powerfull like Piston under my TV with a Valve gamepad. +1 for Valve. I really love all efforts they make for PC gaming.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
4. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 3, 2013, 18:05 ochentay4

Strangely enough my Amazon copy now has Minervas Den! Oh yeahh  

News Comments > Gun Monkeys Free Weekend
1. Re: Gun Monkeys Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 19:04 ochentay4

It seems that this game isnt even worth commenting haha.  

News Comments > New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers
8. Re: New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 20:01 ochentay4

Clancy wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:24:
Bah, those idiots dropped support for Vista and I still have a few machines that use that OS. Vista basically supports everything that win 7 has (same DX version), so no real reason to pay $$ to "upgrade" them.
Man, you suck, Vista is crap. Move to Win7 and stop bitching.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
36. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 18:44 ochentay4

ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:30:
ochentay4 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:25:
Generally Im really vocal about bad ports, but Dark Souls is not a terrible port, it only has 3 faults:

1. Graphics, easily fixed using DSfix (it also provides more usefull features, best mod ever really).
2. Controls, K+M is terrible, but using a 360 gamepad (which the game was designed for) is great, no complains.
3. G4WL, its crap, it worked for me when I wanted to play, but never cared too much for online play so, offline profile and good to go.

So please people stop complaining about Dark Souls port (which all complains are easily fixable) and go play it, as its one of the best games I have played ever, and Ive played too many games already

Tell this to the guy who doesn't read gaming forums all day and who isn't technical. He's going to be pretty happy about his purchase of this unplayable game! Also, I don't know about you, but my backlog of great games is so massive that I probably have two lifetimes worth. Why would I pick a bad port instead of a great one?

Well, many people dont care that much of graphics (its not horrendous, its just 720p upscaled to whatever resolution you have, just like the 360), about controls, well, this is a game that you can manage to play with a K+M but this game is ideal for gamepads and ALL gamers should have a 360 gamepad anyway, and regarding G4WL, well, I give you that it sucks. All in all the game is 100% playable out of the box.

And regarding backlog, well take a look at my profile... http://steamcommunity.com/id/matcarfer

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
21. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 11:25 ochentay4

Generally Im really vocal about bad ports, but Dark Souls is not a terrible port, it only has 3 faults:

1. Graphics, easily fixed using DSfix (it also provides more usefull features, best mod ever really).
2. Controls, K+M is terrible, but using a 360 gamepad (which the game was designed for) is great, no complains.
3. G4WL, its crap, it worked for me when I wanted to play, but never cared too much for online play so, offline profile and good to go.

So please people stop complaining about Dark Souls port (which all complains are easily fixable) and go play it, as its one of the best games I have played ever, and Ive played too many games already

News Comments > Stargunner Free Release
1. Re: Stargunner Free Release Sep 13, 2013, 11:20 ochentay4

Wow!!!! Loved this game as a kid! I replayed the demo over and over again. I could never buy it, but now is a great time to try it again for FREE! How I love GOG!!! (I've got a great number of purchased games on GOG)  

News Comments > Gun Monkeys Generates Free Steam Keys
2. Re: Gun Monkeys Generates Free Steam Keys Aug 27, 2013, 22:07 ochentay4

I find this move excellent, desperate, buy excellent. I just hope this game stays alive as it is fun.  

News Comments > Defiance Add-on Next Week
1. Re: Defiance Add-on Next Week Aug 13, 2013, 21:48 ochentay4

I have played this game and I like it. Its very Single Player centered with nice MP touches like Arkfalls or getting helped by others on missions. Also is a one time purchase. 7/10 IMHO.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Jun 28, 2013, 07:43 ochentay4

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 22:54:
I explained to my friend about the plight I had with Gearbox and why I didn't want to pick up the Season Pass or at least the new DLC to play with him and another friend so what does the bastard nice guy do?

Gifts me the season pass.
I'd marry him

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Joe Danger & Joe Danger 2
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Joe Danger & Joe Danger 2 Jun 24, 2013, 23:14 ochentay4

This games are good, but only at $5 the pack...  

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
52. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 10:17 ochentay4

Gib007 wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 09:28:
As long as this doesn't mean "if you don't own an AMD card, it will run like utter crap", then it's fine. I guess those with AMD cards totally equivalent to an NVIDIA counterpart (nothing is ever 100% equivalent either way) would get a handful more FPS.
I've never played a game optimized for AMD cards that run like shit on Nvidia. I cant say the same for games optimized for NVIDIA cards. Cryostasis is the perfect example. And PhysX is the most stupid thing on earth. Phisics engines should be integrated on DirectX/OpenGL and be available for all cards, including shitty cards like INTEL.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo