Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ochentay4

Real Name ochentay4   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ochentay4
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2007, 03:24
Total Comments 352 (Amateur)
User ID 33376

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Patch
9. Re: Dead Rising 3 Patch Sep 12, 2014, 09:31 ochentay4

Zanthar wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 23:30:
I already know what is causing the initial load screen hangs... Somewhere in the DRM an idiot hardcoded C: drive as the drive that MUST have the game installed.

Everytime I want to play, I have to open to oped the CMD window and type subst C: E:\ to map a virtual C: drive that redirects to my E: drive that contains Win7 and the game. After that it loads and plays just fine.
Just report the problem to Capcom to get it fixed! Don't complain if you don't report the problem!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks
7. Re: Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks Sep 9, 2014, 16:10 ochentay4

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 14:06:
Well Capcom is among the relative few that have been going back and updating several games in their catalog for Steamworks. They've already done Lost Planet and SSFIV. The only others I can think of are Relic with Dawn of War 2, Codemasters with F1 and DIRT, and Rocksteady/WB with the first two Arkhams.

Lost Planet: Colonies Ed. (Capcom) and DIRT 2& 3 (Codemasters) are still GFWL... Lost Planet vanilla is Steamworks but really old (it existed before GFWL), and it doesnt include all performance optimizations nor additional content from Colonies.

I'm still waiting From Software to patch Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Ed. Hell, I'm still waiting them to patch DS2 to enable VAC again.

News Comments > Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks
2. Re: Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks Sep 9, 2014, 09:39 ochentay4

This is great. They should do the same to Lost Planet Colonies and Lost Planet 2 which I love and are unplayable online.  

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drops Win 8.0 Support
7. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 16, 2014, 16:02 ochentay4

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 15:33:
Wonder if this will do anything to help with the artifacting I'm getting with my R9 280X. Still not sure what causes that. It was really bad at first, but then I upgraded to the 14.6 Beta drivers and it was better. Still get the artifacting sometimes though. Once it starts, I pretty much have to reboot.
Go back to 14.4 WHQL. It's a known bug that AMD keeps ignoring.

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
23. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 11, 2014, 07:28 ochentay4

In the end, it's a fricking graphics upgrade with a price. No one is obligated to buy the game again. I'm happy how the original games are standing. People complain about everything.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
1. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 11:46 ochentay4

Yes! Looking forward to his game, I saw all reviews for the Xbone and I'm still interested!  

News Comments > Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return
1. Re: Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return Jul 28, 2014, 19:55 ochentay4

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Trials Fusion Celebrates 1M Copies with Free DLC
1. Re: Trials Fusion Celebrates 1M Copies with Free DLC Jul 24, 2014, 14:51 ochentay4

Well, this is great! Love this game.  

News Comments > Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions
1. Re: Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions Jul 24, 2014, 12:35 ochentay4

So, they are still developing the game. Game wasnt finished at all. It was clear at release and it is clear now.

The game has changed a lot with each patch they have released. I'd love to grab the game after they finish patching the game, release all DLC and bundle it all for a couple of bucks.

News Comments > 2K's BioShock Tease?
6. Re: 2K's BioShock Tease? Jul 24, 2014, 10:55 ochentay4

I just hope they are teasing a new BioShock game and not a Full HD Remake. If they are doing it, at least include EVERYTHING and sell it for cheap. How many rehashes are we going to get? Thanks god I never buy anything at release.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released
4. Re: Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released Jul 22, 2014, 21:25 ochentay4

Well, I just finished it on the 360. And it is good and I loved it. But it's not worth $10 at all. Should be $5 regular and $2.5 on sale. No more.  

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
1. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 16, 2014, 19:03 ochentay4

They are just selling a cheat. Codemasters is sucking so much lately.  

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
24. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 10, 2014, 12:50 ochentay4

jimnms wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:19:
ochentay4 wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 07:38:
Well, I tried X-Plane 9 (DRM Free by the way, and it comes with several DL DVDs for scenery) patched to latest version last december and fligth simulation felt great, of course I'm not an expert nor a pilot.

As far as I know X-Plane distributes it's software also for commercial simulation and they have released X-Plane 10 (also DRM Free for Home use)a while ago so I suppose it's greater than X-Plane 9.

See for yourself, try it and let us know!:
http://www.x-plane.com

I don't remember what version it was that I tried. It was right around or before FS2002 came out. I was working on my instrument rating, so the most important thing for me was accurate navigation, weather, scenery, cockpit instrumentation and accurate flight performance. The scenery in X-Plane was basically green ground and all but a hand full of airports were generic layout and it didn't have full navaid coverage.

I remember one of the selling points of X-Plane was that it simulated aircraft performance based on physics calculations on the aircraft model instead of using lookup tables like MSFS. However, MSFS had more accurate flight performance than X-Plane. The Cessna 172 (which is the plane I was training in), in MSFS I could use my actual aircraft's performance charts and it would perform almost exactly like it should. X-Plane felt cool to fly, but the actual performance was way off compared to the real plane. The Cessna 172 in X-Plane would climb too fast, cruise too fast and was way to sensitive on the controls.

As I said before, I stongly recommend you to try X-Plane 10 or at lease Patched X-Plane 9, I think you will be surprised.

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
20. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 10, 2014, 07:38 ochentay4

yuastnav wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 07:11:
jimnms wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 00:19:
ochentay4 wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 22:59:
I don't know why all the fuss on FSX. X-Plane is great, cheaper, and I still don't understand why isn't on Steam.

Unless X-Plane has had some drastic changes the last time I tried it, it was horrible compared to MSFS. Its scenery was bland and generic, the cockpits bland and generic and the flight modeling was a joke.

I felt the same, just switched. X-Plane was great while the scenery and cockpits in FS weren't as good and the flight model in FS felt kinda gimmicky compared to X-Plane.

Well, I tried X-Plane 9 (DRM Free by the way, and it comes with several DL DVDs for scenery) patched to latest version last december and fligth simulation felt great, of course I'm not an expert nor a pilot.

As far as I know X-Plane distributes it's software also for commercial simulation and they have released X-Plane 10 (also DRM Free for Home use)a while ago so I suppose it's greater than X-Plane 9.

See for yourself, try it and let us know!:
http://www.x-plane.com

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2014, 07:45.

14. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 9, 2014, 22:59 ochentay4

I don't know why all the fuss on FSX. X-Plane is great, cheaper, and I still don't understand why isn't on Steam.  

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
3. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 13:14 ochentay4

Having played more than 100 hours Borderlands 2 and almost all it's DLC, I think this game looks horrible from all points of view. Hope I'm wrong.  

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
5. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 10:11 ochentay4

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:00:
Most over rated shooter ever. So glad I passed on this
Well, I got to agree with you. It was overhyped to hell and back and it obviusly feels like a beta, they are still adding basic features for the game which should've been included since the beggining... BUT, being a 95% SP player and 5% MP player I loved Titanfall on the 360 (which looks crap by the way) cause its fun, frenetic and varied. I abandoned it when I reached LvL 30. Playing as a Pilot and as a Titan on the same map multiple times is fun.

This game will be great in 6 months, when they patch/polish it and add some more maps, AND it's on sale.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst RC Driver
1. Re: AMD Catalyst RC Driver Jun 24, 2014, 19:47 ochentay4

Thanks, it worked just fine on my new R9 270. I hope they optimize this card too in the future...  

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
3. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 09:47 ochentay4

I still play it from time to time. The game plays and loos really good. Also Premium was on sale recently so now the game has A LOT of maps and players.  

News Comments > Trine Enchanted Edition Beta
1. Re: Trine Enchanted Edition Beta Jun 19, 2014, 11:53 ochentay4

This is great. I would love to play it with Trine 2 engine, as I always started it and abandoned it.  

352 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo