Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 341 (Amateur)
User ID 33263
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > New Final Fantasy Trademark
8. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 15:11 heroin
Oh yeah? How did you brilliantly think that up?! Or are you always this daft? My god, I think Space Captain might just be a GENIUS!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 1, 2011, 15:09 heroin
that shit sounds prententious. Elitist fuck.  
News Comments > etc., etc.
16. Re: etc., etc. Jan 1, 2011, 14:55 heroin
You're a fucking cunt. Did I say anything about hippies? Did I say anything about any directors being bad, did I say anything about being pretentious, did I say anything about hipsters? You must be a real worthless, god damn low-life fucking troll. Clean your balls.  
14. Re: etc., etc. Dec 31, 2010, 19:17 heroin
"oh i couldnt tell, must have been all that smug self-satisfaction and pretentious posturing you got goin on"

Ohhh? Weren't you the one who just stated,

"is a body of work that cannot be denied, unless you are the type of person i wish to avoid" - if that is not some super self-righteous posturing then I don't know what is man, haha! Are you living in a self-fulfilling prophecy there, chief?
12. Re: etc., etc. Dec 31, 2010, 18:38 heroin
Haha. Well, then I guess you can't envy me since I've lived in San Francisco for more than a decade. So, I'm not quite sure of who or what group of people that "term" is directed towards where you live... An iPad to me just sounds like a "yuppie" device - but maybe yuppies are the "hipsters" in your town. Since, obviously, all of life can easily be summed up by petty generalizations.

But, I was not denying that Rami is a good director. In fact I was saying otherwise.
9. Re: etc., etc. Dec 31, 2010, 16:53 heroin
So hipsters carry Ipads, huh? News to me coming st8 from the scene!

I don't care about Duncan Jones, shit, I didn't even know he was David Bowie's son until after I had seen Moon. Which was my point, Creston said Duncan is out of his mind... so what, you seen Moon or are you just talking out of your ass?
7. Re: etc., etc. Dec 31, 2010, 14:42 heroin
What is that meant to imply? And no I do not have an Ipad.  
5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 31, 2010, 13:16 heroin
"Rest of the world says Duncan Jones is out of his mind."

I'm guessing you probably didn't watch MOON? It's not a good "movie" like Spider-Man - it's a good film.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 30, 2010, 17:57 heroin
Not sure if Jones would be a good candidate for a WoW adaptation. But, Moon was a really good flick which is one reason Jones probably isn't the best candidate.

Plus, Evil Dead director knows stupid, pop-culture, disgustingness and could probably make a good WoW movie as long as it is nothing like WoW cinematics (whihc obviously have nothing to do with the actual gameplay philosophy).

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2010, 20:06.
News Comments > World of Warcraft Changes and Plans
19. Re: World of Warcraft Changes and Plans Dec 28, 2010, 20:52 heroin
I've always seen people whining about the balance of their class to be bullshit. Just two weeks ago I heard people whining about how OP hunters and warlocks were... now all of a sudden mages are OP - but everyone is nerfed, right? I just see a lot of needless whining.

Besides, IMO, if you take it that seriously... there's something wrong with you.
News Comments > World of Warcraft Changes and Plans
9. Re: World of Warcraft Changes and Plans Dec 28, 2010, 16:13 heroin
For me WoW has always felt the smoothest mechanically, nerfs included. No other game of this ilk has raids and instances that feel nearly as satisfying with a dynamic group. Definitely appreciate my new spells on my main - dark intent, improved curse of the elements and bane. Helps to feel like I'm setting up a battle.  
News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Trial
32. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Trial Dec 17, 2010, 17:06 heroin
Ant really wants to play. He just can't because he knows he will be forced to make time when he finds out how much he enjoys it again, haha!  
News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Trial
23. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Trial Dec 17, 2010, 15:50 heroin
See Ant!

I know you want to play WoW. Stop messing around and let's start a Videosift guild!
News Comments > Derek Smart Interview
4. Re: Derek Smart Interview Dec 15, 2010, 22:40 heroin
Ha HA!  
News Comments > More World of Warcraft Hotfixes
5. Re: More World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 15, 2010, 21:38 heroin
It must be a mindf^ck trying to balance all the mechanics in this game. It's pretty much the only reason people keep coming back or keep playing WoW; almost everything in the game is designed with a functional purpose.

I never really understand why people whine, yeah it sucks to be nerfed - and sometimes they make really strange mistakes (and they know that hundreds of thousands of people will notice) but I just trust that they know where they want to take their game.

I'll find out soon what the endgame content is - I hit 68 on my alt and was very happy that I have been burning through the BC crap - I only had to really complete one or two quests in each zone to get to level 68 (I even completely skipped 3 zones) (mostly ran instances which leveled me up very quickly) and now I'm on my way to Wrath content (which I prefer by far). I'm not even that dissatisfied with my Hunter's nerfs & changes....
News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2010, 20:36 heroin
Nooo! Amnesia should not be on sale... it's already a steal! Go buy it!  
News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff
29. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff Dec 6, 2010, 21:14 heroin
People that criticize WoW are just as silly to me as those who take WoW "seriously" - raid everyday, take PVP way too seriously, take their gear too seriously and just all around play the game way too damn much. Dude, WoW doesn't even take itself all that seriously except in the CGI shorts. Even the developers sort of take it with a grain of salt... get over it. It's just supposed to be a large, fun, polished game that you can play with other people... that's all. That's why it's wildly successful.

Those few who spend their time on teh internets whining and downplaying the game make up the same retard quotient that takes the competitive aspect of the game to another planet.

Go back and unlock your next weapon in TF2 playing the same map for the 2022 time... you're no better.
News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
35. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 15:54 heroin
"can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by it feels like Diablo now? Do you mean the pace of combat and whatnot? How are the instances different? What hours did you put into those leveling sessions?"

There are more than several tweaks to combat, gameplay and the interface. Gameplay is much quicker - players seem to do more damage and get effective exp for kills. Also, the design of some of the classic instances helps the experience have a faster feel as the designers cut out a lot of the fat content no one ever utilized and streamlined the process with quests inside the instance entrance and also being about to complete quests right after you kill a boss and begin the next quest without having to go back. This is not true for all of them - I ran Blackrock Depths and it seemed pretty much unchanged although there were 4 quest-givers at the entrance - I still had to run back to them later on (but it did go by MUCH quicker). Boss fights in some of the early level instances were pretty awesome - Deadmines comes to mind for sure. They cut out a lot of the crap level design, even walking to the ship and fighting up to the top of the ship is much much shorter. Both the boss and trash fights are fun and there are new bosses that actually have some pretty good moves (you can run Deadmines in like 15 minutes now I think I ran that instance 4 or 5 times. Needless to say I was disappointed when I got to level 20 and could no longer go there (it's a lot of fun).

At this point I'm all about the streamlining of WoW - half the time I auto-run - but no you can even click on a far away NPC and the character will run to the character to turn in the quest without having to sit there and physically do it. They cut out the bullshit with the talent-trees and they pretty much hold your balls through the process (to piss off all of those mathematical geniuses out there), got rid of many bullshit abilities. When you "ding" the screen will display what is now available, if you have new skills at the trainer or not and if you received a talent point. I definitely don't feel like my Hunter's rotation feels as powerful as before but I still welcomed the change to figure it out all over again (lot's of aimed shots to increase focus). I trust Blizzard knows what they are doing for the overall enjoyment of the game so I don't complain like a lot of annoying assholes out there.

A lot of the fat quests - gone. The zones I mentioned - Blasted Lands and Swamp of Sorrows have been streamlined to an effective degree. The quests are more interesting and less grindy. Most of the time they ask for #X and #Y you will find #x on each kill instead of having to grind an area forever waiting for drops. Saves lots of time and hassle. Each quest giver gives about two quests - you finish those two quests and it opens two or four more (with the addition of another questgiver). With less quests the rewards are bigger - you level 25% quicker and the quests more interesting. Not to mention that many of the new enemies in the changed classic zones are pretty badass and the new cosmetic changes are nice. Blasted Lands has a couple of new areas - a Tainted Forest (with some BC creatures in it) (that is currently under-utilized) and a shoreline where Murlocs are being used to cart treasure to a cave as slaves. Once you finish the quests in an area you might be cannonballed to the next zone to begin a new questline there. You will be flying through the air (without a mount) in this one.

With my rogue I can pretty much two shot any non-instance mob. It's easy leveling - but supposedly the combat in the instances will require more attention to CC & threat as it used to be while the combat is much more intense & fast paced.

I spent about 20 hours total playing this weekend - I remember it used to take about 2-3 hours to level - I gained 8 levels on a newb rogue and 8 hours on my hunter. You do the math. Once I started running Deadmines I gained three levels in a very short time. So, you can either choose to see new quest content (which contains some good stuff) or you can choose to powerlevel in the instances (which are awesome). I like the new areas, the new quests but F-it - I'd rather just keep running these changed instances.

I've only played little bits here and there so I've only touched the tip of the iceberg I'm sure- but most changes I've seen have been welcomed - to F&^King awesome.
News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
27. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 14:23 heroin
I hope this is untrue because my life would go to shambles. I caved ovar the holiday and wasted three entire days on new content, but I must admit - it was so much fun! The combat in the new Cataclysm patch feels more like Diablo - shit has gotten intense. I ran through Deadmines, Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns and Shadowfang Keep over and I was blown away. I also had the chance to run through entire quest lines in certain zones - Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands rocked the whiskers off even jesus christ himself. I also leveled a lvl 12 character to 26 and a level 53 to 61 in a relatively short time period... could have been even shorter if I just kept running instances which are definitely much quicker and much more addicting now. I'm looking forward to forgetting about my lvl 61 character, rolling another toon for Horde and seeing everything from beginning to 53 and then getting my 80s to 85.

This shit seriously rocks - I can't wait for Diablo III, but I can.
News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
71. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 17:37 heroin
Beamer said, "Which is why I think comparing games to books and movies isn't accurate, and why I think calling games "art" isn't quite right. They have strong artistic merit, but "art" is timeless. Most video games are not. I don't want to derail this topic, so no one needs to refute this right now. It's my personal feeling. I know most here disagree."

To each his own. I think there are a bunch of games out there that are timeless; maybe not necessarily works of art but timeless -for me- sure.

For instance, recently I booted up The Magic Candle. Not only did I like the simplistic pixel art - but the world, story and simple mechanics are still really fun and neat to play. It's one of the few games where it is actually necessary to split up your party <"You much gather your party before venturing forth">. You may have needed to train a class at a certain school and they would have to stay there. If you ran out of food, someone would be not willing to move forward, you'd either have to trade/give some food to that individual to eat or camp and have someone go hunting and another watch over the rest of the group.

Moreso, a game like Planescape: Torment I believe should be considered timeless. Even without mods to get 800X600 resolution - the story is so well done, the amount of choice in dialogue so impressive that it will always be a great game if you're focused enough on the actual gameplay and not it's graphics.

A game like Amnesia I could see myself going back to now and again into the future. Every once in a while I'll go back and replay Thief or Thief 2, Deus Ex or SS2. Maybe even Half-life or Quake 2 (which I actually like more these days than I did when it was released, I love the way the models look now). My best multiplayer experiences ever after Quake CTF, were in Quake 2 CTF; but those dreams seem to be gone.

The game Alpha Centauri will never bore me - it generates a new world every single time and depth of the gameplay is still not matched IMO (I definitely think it's still better than CIV IV or V). Which is one of the reasons the Diablo series is still played and why Minecraft rocks; but which is a mechanic used in 4X space games to a dull effect.

Dungeon Keeper is another one that wasn't perfect but it was so original, innovative & fun that I can always go back to that and have a blast, I feel the same towards Syndicate.

And definitely, let's not forget that we are quick approaching a time when a game could be considered a work of art. Games like Braid and a couple other independent titles have only foreshadowed a day when a game is released that really is an artform masterpiece for gaming and maybe some believe we already have a couple (Space Giraffe, anyone?). Who knows, Dwarf Fortress might be a masterpiece of art and gameplay and I just do not have the patience to understand it?

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2010, 17:47.
341 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

Blue's News logo