Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 268 (Amateur)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Neo Steam Launches
7. Re: Neo Steam Launches Jun 13, 2009, 16:38 heroin

"Those asians have horrible taste in everything."

I'm sorry that I am the first one to suggest that your bigoted opinion SUCKS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Doom: Fall of Mars Beta
6. Re: Doom: Fall of Mars Beta Mar 24, 2009, 04:31 heroin

Oh man! I almost fell out of my seat laughing watching the sneak peek video. It's a diablo/doom interface which at the beginning seems to have a similar sappy/depressing Diablo soundtrack that turns into some 28 Day Later - God Speed you Black Emperor song with a really bad sample thrown in.

Reminded me that id needs to really revisit their franchises and stop fucking around!

News Comments > Happy Birthday DDO
8. Re: Happy Birthday DDO Feb 28, 2009, 03:54 heroin

It's true, especially in Wotlk, Wow is not much of a grind fest. Sure, it took me a month to get to 80 but I enjoyed the quests so much that I was disappointed when I got to 80. Since, 80 is where the gear/gold/rep grind begins.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2009, 01:40 heroin

I was going to respond with the same statement. Boy, and really was a bumpy ride through grammar.  

11. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2009, 15:28 heroin

Yeah, I agree with you guys Thief 3 wasn't nearly as bad as some reviews made it seem. I remember the big complaint being that the graphics looked plasticy and the ragdoll system sucked but neither really deterred from the game. I'm actually reinstalling Thief 2 because I seem to have forgotten what it was like - but I will never reinstall the original Thief, while I loved it - well the first three levels or so - the zombie/monster stuff mostly sucked.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2009, 21:15 heroin

sick. I've never heard that saying before "a leopard never changes it's spots." I like it.

I used to play WoW almost every night for a while, only time I'd stop was to play music solo or with the band, get alcohol or food or go to work. So is life. Everyone has their pointless timesink, WoW is just more difficult than simply pressing on and everyone gravitating towards this useless, pointless box, thinking it's funny, interesting or entertaining. Are they addicted to that shit? Is TV addictive or just a timesink? If everyone were able to enjoy watching someone playing WoW then how different of a social gathering is that than watching TV in a social gathering?

Being an obsessive WoW player is not necessarily mean they have an addiction; maybe misplaced priorities? WoW simply doesn't change the way a person behaves or thinks; no one is physically addicted to WoW.

I think the problem with WoW lies in the fact that a WoW player is no longer using actual real-life skills or gaining real-life experience so those skills obviously decrease. They aren't learning skills marketable and they will not end up with some sort of skillset or product to sell in the end (damn anarchists they are!). Maybe, the WoW player begins to see that regular social situations are just as much a waste of time as WoW and also less satisfying than WoW. This is pretty similar to the framework that goes into the mind of an addict but the definition 'addict' is just not sufficient in the case of computer video games.

Everyone knows they need time away from a game like WoW and yes, if you put off your social crew in your reality vicinity that is indeed very foolish; just stay away from real crack and eat your veges.

Now I'm going to go write a noise song called "A Zebra changes it's wripes."

News Comments > New Spore Plans
9. Re: New Spore Plans Jan 22, 2009, 16:29 heroin

*my inner-child takes an emergency pee on Spore and runs away giggling with glee*  

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King 10-Day Trial
11. Re: Wrath of the Lich King 10-Day Trial Dec 18, 2008, 21:46 heroin

I couldn't disagree more. The art direction in Wotlk is absolultely great for the parameters they are working in. The waterfalls look gorgeus, the level design is top notch, the ambient sounds are great (especially if you like classic ambient music from Brian Eno, etc etc), some of the instances are fairly amazing and the animations are creative too.

I'm sure guys saying that Wrath has bad art direction would think World of Goo has horrible art direction. Which probably means they've no actual creative juice brainwaves outside of what game "art" is supposed to be in commercial art-production world.

News Comments > Turbine Cuts
2. Re: Turbine Cuts Dec 17, 2008, 03:55 heroin

people who like unemployment benefits?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie Dec 12, 2008, 15:16 heroin

Yeah, I don't understand why they are choosing the cartoony look to "styilze" their MMO. It worked for WoW because Blizzard has great art direction, great artists and knows how to work that sort of art style after developing Warcraft III. For Star Wars they need to stylize their own style not rip off WoW; not to mention taking Star Wars down the cartoon path on TV, in the theatres, on lunch-boxes or whatever has never been a great idea.

ah, after re-reading my message was completely negative - so here is my positive. Bioware usually create awesome games so the game itself will still probably be much better than most of the competition. Yay for glimmers of positivity.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 16:31.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PBR Out of the Chute
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - PBR Out of the Chute Dec 4, 2008, 14:33 heroin

We should make a mock-film - Blue's Velvet, replace Hopper with the original guy from Quake and Kyle MacLachlan with Guybrush Threepwood... I will stretch you like a giant alien squid and gib you into 1 million alaskan cod filets!  

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper MMO in China, Maybe Elsewhere
6. Re: Dungeon Keeper MMO in China, Maybe E Dec 1, 2008, 12:31 heroin

I never got around to the sequel until recently. The sequel was damn good!  

News Comments > It's Good to be the Lich King
46. Re: It's Good to be the Lich King Nov 20, 2008, 21:34 heroin

If you haven't played through the "Wrath Gate" questline then you're missing out. In some quests a solo player can use NPCs around an area to take out an elite boss replicating a mini (and soloable) raid.

One aspect I appreciate most about Wotlk is that it is the most serious of the WoW franchise. More of the creatures are of a more serious nature - they look badass, they're usually pretty large, the animations and environments are really just great. Northrend is almost reminiscent of Baldur's Gare IMHO. The quests are much much better than in any of the previous releases. Blizzard still references pop culture too which is nice. One quest references GTA where the player ends up stealing a mount.

I certainly like it and the death knight is a fun class to play and the quests are also stellar. WoW is still king so cry yourselves to sleep about it.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2008, 22:41.

News Comments > WoW, Level 80!
9. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 12:27 heroin

Man, I just spent my first two hours in the new expansion and all I did was ride around. I rode from one coast to the other and looked up and two hours had passed. Everything I've seen so far has been seamless, open and very well designed as expected. I like how mobs are spaced out more so one doesn't feel like they're transversing a grid. So far I like the new landscapes more than anything in BC. I'm digging it.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 13, 2008, 02:45 heroin

Regarding the Boomtown Fallout 3 review. So, when did the school system begin considering a 70/100% "above average" ?  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 7, 2008, 13:25 heroin

You can tell a true dork when they fail to mention music as an accepted intellectual "communicative" art form.

I guess the writer hasn't played the original Fallout's or Planescape: Torment. Sure, they aren't fucking Ingmar Bergman films put to pixels but there was a lot of mature/adult/intelligent dialogue going on in all three of those games.

Video games are a 'truly' respectable medium because of the few great games that HAVE been made. Just like film is a 'truly' respectable medium because of the many classics. Obviously, within every industry there is a dirty mainstream aspect that shits out turds for the masses to consume which is obviously not 'truly' respectable but that is just to be expected. To say games are not respectable, yet, seems to me to be completely out of touch.

He goes on to say that comics have not reached a respectable mature status, either ("They, like games, are a medium which has yet to break out of its childish audience."). What, does this guy not understand satire? Has he ever read the comic series THE INVISIBLES, does he even understand that many horror films are political satire? Or has he been reading 1984 since 1949? There are PLENTY of adult comics out there that aren't just about getting laid. Come to San Francisco, go to the comic shops around here... go to Pens and Needles or other 'zine shops - there are plenty of comic books that express a "multitude of themes and ideas." Again, this dude is just out of touch. I mean, I guess this twat didn't even read any Robert Crumb when he was in his heyday in the 60's. Or check out the cynical and dire "Tales of Mere Existence"...

"Imagine games that could help you understand life outside of your country, to conceptualize the hardships of the poor." I gotta say - I can't wait for that Somalia simulator...

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2008, 13:30.

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Safety Dance Nov 1, 2008, 22:10 heroin

yea, you should stop playing games and she/he should minimize their phone usage because they are so similar. And once you've both minimized these habits - get some potato chips, watch fox news together and during the commercial break have a mind-altering conversation about your shitty PR jobs and maybe kiss a little bit and be the ideal image of a happy, wholesome couple. ps. fuck off.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V in 2010?
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V in 2010? Oct 29, 2008, 18:21 heroin

I think I'll build a sandbox out back... probably more entertaining.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Plans
2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans Oct 22, 2008, 13:17 heroin

most important thing: fix that nerfed lock!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. No subject Oct 9, 2008, 02:35 heroin

man, been coming here {almost} everyday for twelve years... that is almost scary. anyway, bluesnews is still solid gold... on the internets.

268 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo