Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Tampa, FL 10/09
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 293 (Amateur)
User ID 33263
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Interplay Returns to Publishing
8. Re: Interplay Returns to Publishing Sep 1, 2010, 15:04 heroin
If this company didn't totally suck already they'd be working on the next Planescape.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises"
35. Re: Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises" Sep 1, 2010, 14:39 heroin
HL3, TF3, P2... Black & Blue Box  
News Comments > Worms Reloaded Demo
9. Re: Worms Reloaded Demo Aug 29, 2010, 15:14 heroin
man i hope this demo is nothing like the last one. i don't know how many times i ended up downloading that 30 minute trial bullshit over the years.  
News Comments > Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie
10. Re: Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie Aug 26, 2010, 22:09 heroin
They should get the original X-Files writers on this. I'm sure they could come up with a great storyline as long as they aren't trying to recreate Half-Life on the big screen.

Using alternate characters they could pull off a cohesive parallel story to the main-stay story. Using the ambiance and art/sound direction and pacing of the series - there most definitely is room for dialogue and an intriguing conspiracy tale.
News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Trailer
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Aug 22, 2010, 21:40 heroin
Guild Wars used to literally put me to sleep. It wasn't a horrible game but it just felt so flat and SOULESS. GW2 looks surprisingly good visually and mechanically.

Only thing that WoW has over this that I can tell from these videos is that I'll always be able to run WoW on my laptop... and I'm not planning on buying another for a couple of years.

Regardless of my laptop situation - this seems to be the only MMO I've seen that looks like it might be strong enough to pull people away from WoW for a while. Star Wars: Old Republic, possibly - but GW2 definitely has the recipe. Combat looks really sharp. Bosses look really really sharp, cities look really really really sharp and it looks fairly simplified.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2010, 21:47.
News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Next Month
19. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Next Month Aug 19, 2010, 14:22 heroin
This is totally Freemium. I've been hearing this new buzzword that all the geek capitalists are trying to blog and have seminars about. Freemium they say is the first 21st century business model. God I hate that term already.  
News Comments > Diablo III Caravan Trailer
3. Re: Diablo III Caravan Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 19:32 heroin
<Insert Blizzard fanboy comment> But for real. They are such an amazing company of talented people...  
News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 13, 2010, 18:33 heroin
Every nuance of WoW is fun and takes a shitload of time (and money). Good luck trying to milk the cash cow from hours and hours of exploring in a pay-to-play 3d shooter... They might be able to make a game that people play for 5 months - but 3d shooter headzsz always roll on to the next advancement.

When Old Republic comes out I'll give that a shot but I bet I'll still go back to playing WoW a couple hours here and there, a pay-to-play 3D shooter game just wouldn't interest me in the slightest unless they get REALLY creative.
News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Aug 1, 2010, 19:04 heroin
The Gameplay Monthly review is shoddy. It's full of contradictions - the reviewer talks about how the maps are masterfully made - the blizzard perfection polish is there, artstyle is great, sound - check - but, some of the dialogue was taken from the original SC and the space marines look "annoying". So he gives it a C+. Sounds to me like he wants to give it at least an A-.  
News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jul 29, 2010, 19:37 heroin
If you want a review I'd wait until Sunday when Ars Technica releases theirs. The reviewer has written a little about SC2 in a column on AT titled, "SC2 is a Full Game No Matter What Whiners Say".
News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
57. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 22:19 heroin
wrong friend. LSD is a masterpiece of design.  
News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
45. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 20:31 heroin
It's laughable that there really are people out there that think WoW's graphics and art direction are bad because the engine isn't an Epic or id engine. Each zone feels handcrafted with it's own color palette and finesse.

Blizzard is a successful company that employs artists. Artists from a variety of fields. Real artists, not some graphic designer shooting for an Associate's degree. So, if you think the art direction is bad? Shit man, get back to your football game, or tying your bow-tie for your shitty business meeting.

Have you even listened to some of the atmospheric and ambient sounds in WoW? It gets a bad wrap from the media and people who'd rather be playing a FPS. Oh well. It's a time-whore, it's an evil, evil game. But, it's a masterpiece, pure and simple.
News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
4. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 5, 2010, 15:01 heroin
I've been coming to this site since Quake. But, most recently I remember bad mouthing the development of Fallout 3. I said, "They're going to make Fallout into a hiking simulator and the combat is going to suckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!" Over and over again. I trolled Bethesda's development of the game. They're an experience developer, I'm still not a huge fan of the last two Elder Scrolls games... but shit man, they're experienced. Fallout 3 is definitely in my top 10 of all time even though I trolled the game and said they couldn't pull it off over and over again.

And since then, do you know what I do when a suitable developer is working on a new game... I SHUT THE FUCK UP until it's released.
News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Beta Begins
7. Re: WoW Cataclysm Beta Begins Jul 1, 2010, 03:02 heroin
Hey man err men and women,

I love WoW... great artwork, amazing SOUND (one aspect of the game that is heavily underrated), pretty well-balanced (STFU) but shit man, it just takes too much time. You know when you're raiding and you spent the last 7 months leveling up to 80 and you get a little better geared and your class all of a sudden just makes sense? Well, damn. I think I found that in the $10 Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planewalkers but I can just jump right in and start throwing some serious instants/enchantments down. Seriously, I'm having tons of fun with this and it's cheap (and I'm still paying for WoW... but maybe not much longer as I'm realizing I'd rather just deal with the dynamics rather than the world [which is what raiding and or/instancing is pretty much all about anyway].)

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2010, 03:09.
News Comments > A Decade of Diablo II
6. Re: A Decade of Diablo II Jun 29, 2010, 18:30 heroin
Diablo II was all about the expansion, Lords of Destruction. Blizzard often time does this - it's the business plan. They make an alright game, fun, accessible, etc then release expansions that make the game far superior. Diablo II: LoD brought the resolution to 800X600 and at the time that helped the graphical content majorly.  
News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2010, 17:16 heroin
That's why the Bay Area is king. Right now, 72, slighty breezy, yesterday was about the same and the day before that. Our actual "indian" summer is in September and October with highs of 85. Winter time it sort of hovers in the 50's and 60's. The earthquakes make this area (northern cal) a beautiful dream world (Point Reyes during the winter is akin to the moors & dales of the UK) and if you live on an actual hill made of natural stuff chances are slim that a large earthquake will rattle your life apart.  
News Comments > Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up
23. Re: Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up May 11, 2010, 04:35 heroin
Will the real Derek Smart please stand up please stand up please... oh?? There is not a real Derek Smart? Whaaa... it's only a hamster drinking McDonald's milkshakes hooked up to Visual Basic spouting verbose nonsensicals.... I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!  
News Comments > Crytek's Demo Doubts
75. Re: Crytek's Demo Doubts Apr 18, 2010, 18:12 heroin
The video game industry is just like every industry. Enshrouded by lawyers and investors; trying to fight off "piracy" instead of embracing the importance of copying and sharing.

That's fine though. But, you know what is going to happen. EA will try to become more "cost effective" with their development studios, lay off people who are the most creative and well paid. Hire lots of interns who burn out rapidly in turn the game suffers delays and in the end the studio goes out of commission.

All the while, just like the music industry has been the last ten years - the independent scene will have been thriving with creativity and innovation, releasing demos & mods and even though EA will want to buy them out and burn them down for their bottom line - a lot of independent studios these days are content to remain so. They care about their visions and that is what will make them successful (and maybe working another fulltime job) not a 30 million dollar marketing scheme.

So take that! No one needs big corporate publishers. So, %$^& EM.
News Comments > Femme Fatale Announced
1. Re: Femme Fatale Announced Mar 31, 2010, 17:29 heroin
Will Lou Reed and Nico star in this?  
News Comments > Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's "Best Game"
38. Re: Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's "Best Game" Mar 13, 2010, 03:15 heroin
I don't know Gabe personally but I trust his opinion. I'd wager that Portal 2 is the best game they've ever made no matter how hard it is to believe at this moment in time.

I think Portal was sort of test for them especially seeing how it initially started out as a student project; and now that the test was proven to be very successful they are probably putting everything that they've got into it and we all know that this can only be a good thing.
293 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

Blue's News logo