Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sean

Real Name sean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heroin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2007, 13:13
Total Comments 248 (Novice)
User ID 33263

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. No subject Oct 2, 2008, 15:33 heroin

I honestly think that is one of the worst "best" video games list I've ever seen... and not just because both Planescape and Alpha Centauri are missing. I mean WoW #1... Quake 3 Arena #2? And Peggle is on the list...

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 15:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mythic on EA's EU MMO Launches
6. No subject Sep 17, 2008, 10:58 heroin

projections, projections... so how is Spore doing, anyway?

News Comments > WoW Character Transfers Expand
11. No subject Sep 12, 2008, 02:15 heroin

I think I'll move my PvE warrior over to a PvP server. I already paid for one transfer a couple of years ago. what a waste of money, though. After I transfer to a PVP - that'll be $40 wasted. It should be more like $5 for a transfer max. Oh well...

News Comments > Duke Nukem Movie Plans
1. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 21:42 heroin

Should I ask the question?

News Comments > On the Versatile Spore Engine
15. No subject Sep 7, 2008, 06:11 heroin

I'm bored as hell of spore after playing through it for two hours. Face it, the game sucks. The editors in the game are quite neat and the engine is quite possibly very malleable enough to create something completely unique and fun to play... I hope the mod scene takes off on it because this game is shite and a waste of money.

News Comments > On Revamping WoW Graphics
7. No subject Aug 23, 2008, 02:12 heroin

I'd like to see them... revamp some if not all of the quests in the game. Come on Blizzard, get innovative - you've got the money.

Seriously, I have a blast running raids - they're very strategic and many times interesting and challenging. I wish the world/quest/grind part of the game played a bit more like the raids do. I still love the game but I've come to expect more from Blizzard since I know they have both the talent and the money.

News Comments > Gold - Spore
17. No subject Aug 14, 2008, 16:05 heroin

I have this gut feeling that once I've gotten through space and have gotten bored of exploring all the universes I'll start from scratch, smoke a spliff and be amazed all over again. This game seems like the ultimate ganja-game.

1. craxked Aug 6, 2008, 05:12 heroin

it's cool to see cracked.com referencing cronnenberg. i love that guym especially Videodrome. Anyway, I still have fond memories of Rise of the Triad - the first and last game to feature heads and gib gizzards flying 100mph at the player.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No subject Jul 31, 2008, 21:15 heroin

yah. i definitely hate corporate documents that have a need to describe the fact that it wasn't someone's error in creating a blank page. a blank page is a beautiful thing.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Movie
20. No subject Jul 26, 2008, 13:54 heroin

Interviewer: "So, can you tell us a little about the Raiders?" Howard: "Yeah, they're like the "bandits" of the gameworld."

Greeeeeaat.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 13:54.

23. No subject Jul 15, 2008, 02:06 heroin

"From what I've seen so far though, it really doesn't deserve the Fallout 3 title."

This comment sums up my sediments fairly accurately. Everything I've seen I've been thinking, "Why couldn't Bethesda just have picked up the rights to S.T.A.L.K.E.R, instead?"

I'd really love a Fallout 3 if it were made by some of those zany, creative, pseudo-intellectual, culture buff nerds that created the originals. But in my mind - Bethesda has never had it's finger on the pulse of anything 'pop-culturally' oriented. Which is the only way to poke fun at it!

Here's hoping they understand that Fallout 2 was the first and probably only (possibly last?) game to make a joke about Noam Chomsky (in a very respectable way). I could go on and on about pop-culture references in the Fallout series. One thing is for sure, Fallout was not about fast action and it was not just about it's post-apocalyptic "ambiance" - somehow I think Bethesda knows this but they don't give a rats ass.

Couldn't they just back step and make Daggerfall into an actual game? Oh I guess that was supposed to be Morrowind? Sorry for my Bethesda hate... but damn, they asked for it buying their way into the wrong series to make into a huge, 3d, third person on the shoulder 100+ hour open-ended pile of post-apocalyptic doo doo.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 02:07.

8. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 23:11 heroin

this "trailer" reminded me of a horrible song I have not thought or heard of since I was maybe in 4th or 5th grade. "Things that make you go Hmmm" by C+C Music Factory... yuck.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Approved
7. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 03:08 heroin

Man, I printed out 50 or so 400+ page books that were Vivendi's documentation of the merger - their end of it. I couldn't find any dirt just skimming but sort of wish I could have read through the whole document for fun.
I really hope Blizzard is able to maintain their independence - ie no stupid corporate fuck pressure to release games ; but at this point any company should know they would be foolish to fool with Blizzard's creative process.

News Comments > Beatles Games?
6. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2008, 20:54 heroin

yeah, make it psychedelic - that's definitely an untapped market. I mean playing video games while stoned can seem pretty psychedelic but I hope they make the game(s) specifically stoney. And not cheesy... that may be difficult to pull off? haha.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Retrospective
60. No subject Jun 16, 2008, 21:18 heroin

As an American I really liked the dystopian atmosphere of STALKER. I even liked the gun mechanics (though sometimes aggravating taking on five people at long distance. The game really lost me with all the wandering around and walking long distances. I love open-ended games. But, if they would have put in bikes, mopeds or some sort of method of transportation that had been realistic to a poor downtrodden environment then I'd been much happier with the game. Eventually, I became bored. I really wanted to like the game more than the film....

28. No subject Jun 13, 2008, 22:27 heroin

No one mentioned GemCraft? It rocks. Go play it.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. No subject Jun 12, 2008, 01:21 heroin

I'm always sort of pissed off that everyone focuses on Civ when Alpha Centauri was Meier's crowning achievement after the original Civ, of course. AC is still very playable... I still play it after, how many years... I think nine or ten years. I definitely didn't play the original Civ for that amount of time. AC is/was utterly brilliant and it's replayability is flawless.

So yeah, I'd second an Alpha Centauri sequel, but it was so great that it almost doesn't need one.

12. No subject Jun 1, 2008, 17:31 heroin

The funniest japanese prank I've ever seen dealt with a man walking down an alley and unexpectedly falling into a 10 foot room. Man, you should have seen that guys face! HAHA! Crazy japanese.

News Comments > Valve on PC Gaming
3. No subject May 30, 2008, 21:27 heroin

When developer's begin pointing out that hidden sales (or subscriptions) would verify that the PC is going strong - we're in deep trouble. This sends the wrong message to company execs and greedy investors. "Yay! Let's create some generic shitty MMO's and charge subs - we'll be swimming in loot!"

I hate subscriptions - yeah, they've gotta pay for the servers. I still pay the WoW fee (after 2.5 years) - but I honestly think a subscription for any video game above $5 a month is just silly. And after spending hundreds of dollars on WoW - a developer is going to have to come up with a very different & innovative MMO experience for me to dare to begin paying a sub to play it. That includes you AOC!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. No subject May 30, 2008, 02:13 heroin

It's an excellent point. When Mass Effect shipped for PC I became aware of the media hoopla that occurred ever so long ago over it's "sex" scene. Then I watched the sex scene on youtube and was slightly confused. Yay! Go, "liberal media"?!

I'm not sure as to whether video games actually NEED more sexual activity in games (need more gib!! or more Planescape!), but certainly to end the lame neo-con controversy and aimless negativity of virtual sexuality - we would need more Hot Coffee on a Starbucks chain scale and plenty of smokes on the table to help them STFU.

This comment was edited on May 30, 02:26.

248 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo