Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 684 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
30. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 12:17 Sempai

I prefer Steam, but i agree.
Origin is a pain for me, and all these publishers trying to create their own portals is frustrating and has become a burden for legitimate customers, but by no means am i a lover of Steam.

For one their customer service is useless, in ever way shape and form, and there's no excuse for it with the cash Valve rakes in. And frankly i don't enjoy it running on my pc 24/7 in order for me to play games in a timely manner. But you can play offline Sempai!..Yeah, that's a real fuckin option isn't it..

Honestly..i miss the days when i could buy my games and just play them without being forced to be in some fucking DRM club. Steam included.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 11:06 Sempai

A union isn't the answer. A union will get you what Hollywood has - contract workers rather than employees. That's even worse than what we have now.

EA isn't as much of a problem as they were, anyway. They do far less buying and razing awesome studios these days. They don't have the buying power, but I think they've learned that lesson. A bit.
The issue now is more just a function of no one understanding what to do about how much it costs to make a game with cutting edge graphics. Most studios decided the way to handle that is by reducing single player to 6-7 hours.

It isn't just games dealing with this, either. Look at Hollywood now. The most expensive movies of all time are the ones heaviest with CGI - movies like Oz Great and Powerful which is 100% greenscreened cost over $200MM. Nuts. And then the artists doing those effects get laid off and the studios get closed weeks after winning awards.
Don't know the answer. Industry leading computer visuals are just extremely expensive...

Agreed.

When the studio for Life of Pi gets shuttered the day after winning an Oscar, there's something wrong with your business model.
As an adult gamer who becomes giddy as a school girl on a Monday night waiting for that amazing game to unlock, I fear for the folks who are responsible for creating, and providing me with amazing experiences because the industry is the way it is.

7. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 10:10 Sempai

The games business is a giant cluster fuck.
This news makes me want to cry because i enjoyed the hell out of this series, even three.

Something needs to change in this industry, these giant publishers need to go away and the model needs to find a way to be reborn.
The sheer amount of abuse and burnout in the industry is telling.
I respect these teams so much, and yet publishers like EA treat them like disposable dogshit.

This business needs a union of some sort that will protect these people from this constant and never ending abuse. I don't know..i don't have the answers..

News Comments > TimeGate Layoffs
2. Re: TimeGate Layoffs Mar 4, 2013, 20:43 Sempai

Hahahaha!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution Feb 28, 2013, 19:45 Sempai

Ships Ahoy! - Steamy Turd in a box!  

News Comments > Blizzard Planning PAX East Reveal
10. Re: Blizzard Planning PAX East Reveal Feb 27, 2013, 22:48 Sempai

DIABLO 3 FOR WiiU!

I'm callin it right now.

News Comments > No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play
23. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 26, 2013, 05:01 Sempai

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 02:44:
Sony just scared to have their console players get pwned by PC lols

Dude, just stop..You make the PC adults look bad.

19. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 26, 2013, 00:37 Sempai

I have no idea why it bothers you if someone wants to use a controller for their PC. I thought a big part of PC gaming was that you had options.

Funny enough, you seem all for it on the PS3/4.

Agreed 100%, I play many games on my rig with a wired xbox controller, not a damned thing wrong with it. It's comfortable, and i get to sit back in my chair and enjoy life.

Some of these old PC guys need to wake up and stop hating on anything that isn't a mouse and kb, it's 2013.

15. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:33 Sempai

Yknow, controller support would be a welcome addition on the PC, i guess Blizzard has bigger fish to fry, like ruling the world, not to be bothered with the little things, like making customers happy.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
41. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 22:29 Sempai

Ventura wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:58:
Both Gearbox and Sega should be sued for this scam.

By who, Fox? They don't give a fuck, never have, never will. This shit wouldn't be canon if they did, and for the matter, neither would Alien 3 and Resurrection. My having been able to take a dump on them without even mentioning the AvP movies just goes to show how much of a damn they give.

I felt bad for Sega until I read the bit about how they wanted it to be like Call of Duty fighting marines. Not anymore. Along with Fox and Gearbox, they can go fuck themselves too.

True story.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
27. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 17:24 Sempai

And yet SEGA certified and passed it through to retail.
Both Gearbox and Sega should be sued for this scam.

Where's my refund for assholes?

News Comments > BioShock Infinite GMG Pre-order Bonuses [Updated]
12. Re: BioShock Infinite Pre-order Bonuses Get Bonuses Feb 24, 2013, 17:01 Sempai

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 11:51:
Sempai wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 04:25:
Funny how i can talk to a real person at Origin, or even Uplay, not that they're worth a damn. But atleast they provide the customer the option.

Steam however gives me the option to wait days, or even weeks for a copy/paste response from guy who could give two shits.
This is my own personal experience dealing with Steam's lovely non-existent customer service.

If origin or uplay had the amount of traffic steam does (including support), that might be a good comparison.

Wait..So what you're implying is, the larger and more profitable a company is, the less customer service driven they should be? Valve makes a trillion dollars, and their profit margins are unheard of, hell Newell has been quoted as saying they have such an excess of cash flow that he feels it's their responsibility to try new and different avenue's such as hardware(steambox)and new controller schemes etc.

So of course we should excuse them for providing THE worst customer service in the business? Gotcha..

News Comments > BioShock Infinite GMG Pre-order Bonuses [Updated]
9. Re: BioShock Infinite Pre-order Bonuses Get Bonuses Feb 24, 2013, 04:25 Sempai

Funny how i can talk to a real person at Origin, or even Uplay, not that they're worth a damn. But atleast they provide the customer the option.

Steam however gives me the option to wait days, or even weeks for a copy/paste response from guy who could give two shits.
This is my own personal experience dealing with Steam's lovely non-existent customer service.

I guess Gaben and his team of geniuses place more value on ruling the world rather than give a shit about their legion of rabid fans.
I'll bet i've purchased more games through Steam than most, but when it comes to their customer service, Steam can kiss my ass.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 03:33 Sempai

Is the FoV limited to 80? Cause that's some bullshit.

Try as i might, cl_FOV 80 is the highest the game allows me to manually set it.

Tell me how i can time machine my ass back to the fucking 90's where so called PC developers weren't COMPLETE FUCKING MORONS!

News Comments > Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans
10. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 06:42 Sempai

Now allow us to play coop in the single player game. DUH!  

News Comments > New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers Feb 18, 2013, 20:52 Sempai

Nvidia and their engineer team are seemingly made up of complete nitwits as of late.

They appear to have stopped reading customer feedback altogether.
I'm still having the issue of your bullshit driver randomly scrambling my desktop icons after shutting off either my monitor or receiver via hdmi.

Yknow, someone over there should enlighten these thick bastard's that if their driver isn't stable in everday use, then no one gives two shits about how it increases performance in Crysis 3..

Rolling back to 7 month old drivers on my 680 yet again..

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
64. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 18:45 Sempai

I'm sure this has been posted, but in case not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo&feature=youtu.be

Randy Pitchford and Gearbox Software should be sued for misinterpretation, period.

Refunds should go out to anyone who requests one.

Sega should be held accountable.
And those useless motherfuckers at 20th Century Fox should be burned alive for raping a cherished franchise over and over again. They should be held accountable for their constant and never ending idiocy.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
42. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 14:50 Sempai

Gdamnit!

I cannot wait for these cocksuckers to become irrelevant!
EA, the plague of anything that has potential to be creative or give value to the end user.

FUCK YOU Electronic Arts. I will say again, FUCK YOU!

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
63. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 21, 2013, 01:25 Sempai

Hahaha! What maroon's!  

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
11. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 19, 2013, 19:15 Sempai

You state you're listening? I call bull.

Did you listen to the outcry concerning the auction house? No.

Did you listen to the outcry of forcing us into logging on Battle.net in order to play our game? No.

You are full of shit Rob Pardo.

684 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo