Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 703 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Coming to OS X and Linux
4. Re: Metro: Last Light Coming to OS X and Linux Aug 28, 2013, 03:37 Sempai

News like this makes me smile.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Next Week?
9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Next Week? Jul 22, 2013, 03:19 Sempai

Why is this guy and his bullshit company still allowed to make games?

There aughta be a law..

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - R.I.P.D.: The Game
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - R.I.P.D.: The Game Jul 18, 2013, 03:05 Sempai

Jesus Christ, why?..

My beloved hobby is now filled with clueless hollywood douche bags.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 18:03 Sempai

I vote they put in the holy trinity.
The grouping, dungeons, and lack of any real roles in the game tire quickly for me.

Hurry, jump away from pooh on the ground, and run around like idiots seems to be the name of the game in GW2.

Although i haven't played in a while. The game could've been outstanding..

Edit:spellin is hard

News Comments > On the Future of Diablo III
23. Re: On the Future of Diablo III Jul 2, 2013, 16:46 Sempai

Honestly, who pays to go to Blizzcon these days?
Have they showed anything new in the last decade?
With Titan shit canned and back to the drawing board, is there anything except Cosplay to look forward to at their event?

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
16. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 02:19 Sempai

I sure to love a guy who doesn't pull any punches.

Honesty is the best policy.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 1, 2013, 11:25 Sempai

Damn, that's harsh.

But i do loves me some House of Cards.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
50. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 29, 2013, 11:19 Sempai

Optional nickname wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:58:
The pigs at Blizzard and Activision looked at the current state of Titan, and said, this isn't profitable. Now that Microsoft paved the way for Kinect Spy services 2.0 into hundreds of millions of homes, the Bobby's at Blizzard started a new page, popped the marker, and drew a large rectangle on their Flowchart, that now says RMAH 2.0 , tied in with exploiting new possibilities, and will design the new engine around this. Once that engine is in place, and the team of 200 lawyers sign it, and pass it, and Google lends a building block of cluster servers operating off of quantum computing, they will then skin some art around it, and release it to the masses, where they will be divided, and brainwashed, and oblivious, and naive, just as they are today, with Diablo 3.

Enjoy your Blizzcons, you SPINELESS rejects.

so long Blizzard, it's been emotional.

Someone needs a nap.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
37. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 29, 2013, 05:17 Sempai

Christ almighty, the self entitlement in here is thick..

I'm extremely bummed by this news, but then i'm one who appreciates the work Blizzard still does today, even if they do make mistakes.
Personally i feel 98% of what's churned out these days doesn't come close to the heart, soul, thought, and polish Blizzard puts out.

This is sad news, but it's probably Blizzard simply keeping with their standards.
As a gamer and more so an mmo'r, the landscape ain't lookin too bright for us out here.

What..we have Rift, Swtor, Tera, Aion, GW2, EVE, and new blood like Neverwinter, and Defiance, which are both fairly ho hum, and fail to do a damned thing new or exciting.

We have Elder Scrolls Online(yeah..good luck with this one.)which not only looks like ass, but is simply more of the same. Let's not even epak of how it will be a buggy, broken mess it's first year out.
We have FF14 which will be reborn the end of this summer due to it being a giant, broken, insulting turd to their fans.

Yeah, the current landscape looks fantastic doesn't it?..
The only projects that don't look like a complete waste of time are CCP's World of Darkness(who knows when this will ever see light of day?)and Wildstar.

But fuck Blizzard right? Give me a break..

News Comments > Scrolls Next Week
4. Re: Scrolls Next Week May 27, 2013, 12:51 Sempai

Call me cheap bastard, but $20 bucks for what looks like an IOS card game? Meh..

And wait..we pay him to test it? Well fuck me, aren't we lucky!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 26, 2013, 17:14 Sempai

Simply call and cancel, it's a breach of contract.  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
45. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 08:20 Sempai

Someone tell me when, and if Linux will become a valid platform for games so we can finally rid ourselves of this asinine company?  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
79. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 6, 2013, 06:10 Sempai

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2013, 04:23:
What about the fact that they used E3 footage for their TV commercial AFTER the release though?

TV spots have always been unrepresentative. How many TV spots for a Final Fantasy game have shown actual gameplay? Hell, how many TV spots in general show actual gameplay? 99% of the time, they just show cutscenes.

Marketing has always shown products in an unrealistic and favorable manner. That's what marketing does and E3 is a marketing convention. If you buy a game based on a E3 demo (or marketing in general), you are no in position to cry foul when what you get is less impressive than what was advertised. However, that doesn't make it false advertising. To accuse someone of false advertising, you need objective and quantifiable features that were explicitly advertised but not delivered in the final product. If you bought ACM and got Pong, that would be enough to sue for false advertising. If you bought ACM and got the correct game, only with less impressive graphics and shitty gameplay, that's not false advertising. That's just advertising doing its job and making a product look better than it actually is.

At this point it appears as if you're defending them at any cost.
A shitty game? Sure ok. But a product that resembles nothing of what was advertised to the public many times, and completely broken to boot? It's false advertising.

Hell, Sega publicly admitted it themselves in Europe.

http://sbn.to/13R5NwE via @Polygon

68. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 4, 2013, 03:46 Sempai

Krovven wrote on May 3, 2013, 23:32:
Redmask wrote on May 3, 2013, 20:38:
Krovven wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:19:
Shataan wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:00:
MANY of the enviros textures etc, looked dated and washed out.

And to that I will quote what I said in the ACM topic a couple days ago.

"The level design, is consistent with the Aliens film. After having played the game a fair amount, and then going back and watching the movie again, they recreated the aesthetic look and floormap exactly like the movie. I can see why some people will take issue with them using a 1986 design and not upgrading it, but I like that they recreated it exactly how it was in the movie."

I watched Aliens an hour ago and find this to be total bunk. The issue isn't with how they recreated the aesthetic feel, the issue people were having was with the actual quality of the models and textures, not to mention many of the poor animations at launch. One of the first patches upgraded hundreds of textures, that wasn't a problem with 'motif'.

Don't really care if you think it's total bunk. I'm sure you are speaking for everyone that ever commented on the graphics of the game right? People complained about all of the above, including the aesthetic feel of the game. Textures in the game are fine and on par with other Unreal engine games. Animations are fine, a little stiff at times, but again not a problem unique to ACM.

Bioshock Infinite is very highly rated. I could show you lots of bad textures, missing textures, lack of graphical features, bad and boring gameplay. In fact there isn't a single game that I couldn't go through and pick out plenty of bad artwork and gameplay.

Not sure why people still want to argue the quality of the game. I've already said before that I agree it's not that great of a game. It is however still a fun game to play.

Back on topic...the argument of whether they succeeded or not with the graphics, models, animations or aesthetic feel of the game has nothing to do with whether this class action lawsuit has any legs. The lawsuit is based on false advertising, whether there was a bait & switch or not and if pre-orders are due compensation. They aren't.

Hey Krowen, lay down the crack pipe son. You honestly thought this game was fun? Are you fucking serious? It was, and still is a broken mess on many fronts..

So you enjoyed running through the entire game where the Aliens AI would simply stop pursuing you if you just kept running? Have you been gaming long? Because if not i'm personally embarrassed for you. And the textures, animations, and level design(when not completely busted) are nothing less than shit-tacular!

Let's go back to 09 and have a look at a game called AVP from Obsidian Entertainment(which supported DX11 btw..)and look at the textures there. Now come on back to 2013 and have a look at Aliens CM. Not only does AVP look better, run better, IS better, but this new shiny 2013 Aliens from Gearbox is a shit sandwich sir!

By all means you keep on trying to convince yourself this new ones a philly steak n cheese, because you're the only one swallowing it.

67. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 4, 2013, 03:08 Sempai

This, right here shows what soulless pricks Sega, GB, and that useless bag of dicks Randy Pitchford truly are.

Not only was there never once an apology from Sega, Fox, nor Gearbox, but now these spineless eunuch's are attempting to spin their blatant lies into smoke and mirrors. Never offering refunds to fans and customers alike who supported these liars. Those of us(suckers)who were hoping and praying(assured by Pitchford this would be a great Aliens game because of him and his teams deep love for the franchise!)and we purchased this steamy turd in a box. Now their response is this case holds no merit? And will defend their scam against the customer's & fans "vigorously?"

I wish this guy the best of luck. I hope he shoves it down Sega's throat.

Anyone with 5 minutes and a brain can hop on over to metacritic and read the plethora of reviews(of which were embargo'd until 12 midnight that day of release)from around the world and know with certainty that Sega, Fox, and Gearbox were in full damage control mode, attempting to sell as many copies before word got out, knowing full well they were running a big fat scam over the consumer.

Karma's a bitch Randy.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
63. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 4, 2013, 02:26 Sempai

This is good news! Take it to those lying bastard's Damion!  

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Announced
12. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 26, 2013, 02:33 Sempai

Can't wait!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.0 Live; Rise of the Hutt Cartel Early Access Begins
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.0 Live; Rise of the Hutt Cartel Early Access Begins Apr 9, 2013, 13:53 Sempai

I like what i see so far, i'm having fun with it.  

News Comments > Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid
12. Re: Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid Mar 29, 2013, 15:15 Sempai

GL to them, i hope they get their baby back.  

News Comments > SimCity 2.0 Plans
13. Re: SimCity 2.0 Plans Mar 29, 2013, 02:18 Sempai

How about Sim City 2.1 where you guys go fuck yourself?

Let's get on that EA!!

703 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo