Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Two Worlds II Royal Edition Hits North America
3. Re: Two Worlds II Royal Edition Hits North America Mar 9, 2011, 21:22 Sempai

This game any good?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS on Improving GFWL
28. Re: MS on Improving GFWL Mar 8, 2011, 17:27 Sempai

Fuck you microsoft.  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer
7. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 03:02 Sempai

It looks good..but Jesus Christ can we PLEASE for the love of God get past the fucking U engine?

Gears was great, Bioshock was fantastic, along with the 6 thousand other titles that have used this dated, over sold engine.

Unreal engine has now been crowned the 2bit whore of gaming engines in the industry.
Yes we know its easy, its cheap and EVERY 15 year old male on the planet has fucked it!

I will hit my knee's tonight and pray to baby Jesus for people to just say no!

News Comments > RIFT Interview
29. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 8, 2011, 02:51 Sempai

Sepharo wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 01:20:
Have you played it Sempai?

I've yet to talk to a WoW player who hasn't expressed themselves just like justice7 after playing Rift. They really aren't intending to go back. Raids from the various guilds of my friends and co-workers have most certainly been derailed.

It may be same ol same ol' MMO but it is presently the best MMO. The class system, the rifts, the invasions, and the graphics are definitely improvements over WoW and I'd say with the exception of "art" the rest matches WoW in quality (not quantity). And it's probably not an exaggeration to say that it's had the most polished launch of any MMO to date.

There were plenty of things in EQ2, AoC, and Aion that were done better than WoW but there were other aspects that were done poorly and much poorer than WoW. With Rift they've managed to take the best ideas and mechanics from their contemporaries (obviously the majority from WoW) and make a really fun "get bigger numbers" game.

Yes, I'm playing Rift and also still raiding some in WoW.
I agree with you, i think Rift is doing some good things and if your tired of WoW you can't go wrong with taking a look at Rift.
I however dont agree with you on better graphics...well i do when it comes to some aspects but there'd better be some things that look better after 6 years.

I still think Blizzard holds the market on design and animation but really this is all semantics.

I cant wait for something..ANYTHING to come along and give WoW some competition, its getting ridiculous.

I'm enjoying Rift too but is it the WoW killer?..highly doubtful.
By all means give Rift a shot, there's certainly worse out there.

27. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 19:15 Sempai

justice7 wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 17:06:
The interface looks like WoW? WoW's interface looks like Everquest and Asheron's Call. So what.

Also, for those who HAVE played Rift, They are likely still enjoying the game. For those who have not, are calling for Rift's death just like every other MMO that has come out lately.

For those in the know, this game has pulled me right in. I don't give two flying shits what the rest of you have to say about it. I'm not even going to think WoW's even an option anymore, it isn't. Why would I play something so inferior?

All of these comparisons to WoW, yet Rift does so many small things so differently, it isn't even the same genre.

Dynamic pve mixed with world pvp. Invasions, rifts, pvp...

doubters will be dumbfounded at the 100 servers Rift has, and will continue to thrive.

Trion has done it right.

I hope it doesn't kill wow at all, wow players are some of the worst at pvp.

Didnt we already go through this when Aion released and was the next great wonder?

For someone who doesn't give two flying shits you sure have alot of anger goin on.
Explain to me again how WoW is "inferior?" sure it's getting long in the tooth but it has more content, more world, better art design, better animation, fleshed out classes, although thats giving them too much credit..

And..uhh they're both the same genre..

Rift has two sides just like WoW only it smell's just like Warhammer's pvp based class system where your evil counterpart has the EXACT same skill set as you do, only a different name...yawn.

Public quests, where have we seen this before? Shall i go on?
Look, i think Rift is good too and if your tired of WoW then it's a great alternative, in the meantime maybe you should take a breath and realize the fact that you, like thousands of others playing Rift right now will probably find themselves back on WoW servers in 2 months time.

21. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 14:50 Sempai

While Rift is solid from a low lvl perspective it feels more like Warhammer to me and yet the character animations still dont compare to the 6 year old wow.

Pretty fucking sad if you ask me, the only thing Rift has going for it is that it's a mmo that's actually ready for prime time and the people running it seem like they have a brain.

Too much of a wow clone for me though, if im going to waste years of my life playing a mmo i'll stick with the original.

And Grounded..you have issues bud.

News Comments > Technology of Dragon Age II
1. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 5, 2011, 17:26 Sempai

Cant wait for Tues.

Let's hope their DX11 implementation works better than it did in the demo.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support
1. Re: Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support Mar 1, 2011, 20:20 Sempai

JESUS CHRIST LET IT DIE!

The most overused, over sold engine in the history of gaming.

News Comments > Homefront PC Features
5. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 20:18 Sempai

SectorEffector wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 17:26:
Every gameplay vid of this looks like a MW2 Mod.

Homefront is just a well disguised money grubbing game that
completely sinks to the lowest level of gaming by imitating the
lowest level of gaming.. COD. They realize this and hope that they will make profit with the same demographic.

Aka Let's not do too many things that are actually different and new, and just ride the "this makes money and works for now" train.

I'll take BF3 plez.

While i cannot disagree with your assessment, i am hopeful that this title stands out enough on its own and is well made, it all comes down to gameplay for me.

You wont find a shooter these days that doesn't rip off CoD's leveling system, hell look at Call of Crysis 2..

And it sounds like they actually give two shits about their PC segment, that alone is a helluva lot more than we can say for any of these other games atm.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Patch
3. Re: Dead Space 2 Patch Feb 25, 2011, 21:17 Sempai

the_culture wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 20:27:
As much as I'm enjoying the game, the story absolutely sucks. And giving Clarke a face and voice has been a step backwards. But the environments and "set pieces" are on a bigger scale - which I love - and the ability to maneuver around freely in zero-gav is nice too.

I couldn't disagree more.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
8. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Feb 25, 2011, 15:55 Sempai

I don't mean to be a negative nanny but this trailer looks like the very same stuff I've played in the first two.

If it's solid and fun then sure im down but at $60 bucks it doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before..

..Yawn

News Comments > More on C&C Revival Plans
7. Re: More on C&C Revival Plans Feb 25, 2011, 00:01 Sempai

Didn't they announce C&C 4 being the last in the series?

See..This is why no one believes these d-bags. They will continue to milk this series into oblivion and it deserves a better death.

Do any suits in this industry know what the words "LIE" or "Full of shit" mean? Does anyone have a fuckin spine anymore?

Did an entire generation of mothers completely fail at raising their boys into men with a shred of integrity?

What a joke.

News Comments > No Dungeon Siege III Respecs
19. Re: No Dungeon Siege III Respecs Feb 24, 2011, 15:56 Sempai

PHJF wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 15:45:
Respecs are fucking lame, a horrible attribute of MMOs (where they only exist because of shitty balance and constant nerfing by developers) that has absolutely no place anywhere else.

Fail.

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
37. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 24, 2011, 03:44 Sempai

space captain wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 03:34:
not having the ability to jump in a fast paced FPS game is retarded. period. end of discussion.

i win the debate.

But you have to realize that...Oh fuck it, yes..yes you do.

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
7. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 23, 2011, 21:54 Sempai

LOL! What an utter lack of giving a shit, such incompetence.

But hey! As long as it runs great on the Xbox eh?

Suck a fat dick Cliffy Bitch.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
48. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 20:20 Sempai

Well well..The elitism and douche baggery is thick today.

Once i took the game out of dx11(fubared)and the game ran more than 2fps i quite enjoyed myself with it.

I put 60hrs into the first and never finished it but this i think i'll try.
Its far from perfect but it's sure as shit no worse off then what they did to the 2nd Mass effect.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up
6. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 20, 2011, 02:30 Sempai

It's quite obvious at this point that 2K and this team are made up of complete and utter fuckwits.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
12. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 19:01 Sempai

Yes the song is overused..although i don't remember.

It's still the best part of that trailer.

The game looks meh..

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks
1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks Feb 15, 2011, 15:20 Sempai

And why didn't they do this for dead space 2?  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Next Month
14. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 15:19 Sempai

Not getting my business..  

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo