Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday
31. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 30, 2011, 00:03 Sempai

To say them going after WoW type gameplay being third rate is a bit short sighted don't you think?
Tera online is looking very good and it's an action mmo where, If I'm correct plays out like an action rpg where there's no auto attack and you'll be manually attacking and dodging etc. ie DC Online.

That's great for those who are wanting something new and different from the EQ/WoW rotation based gameplay but for a literal shit ton of hardcore mmo'ers out there who raid 4-8 hours a day, the constant in your face action may become tiring, MMO's are more than combat, they're social and laid back, I know I don't want to be mashing buttons like a mad man all day and night while spending time in my mmo world.

The fact that it apparently plays like WoW is actually a bonus point with me. But then that's just me, old, slow, fat and tired.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 21:22 Sempai

Riker wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 18:24:
I've been very hard on this game since the beginning. I loved the Knights of the Old Republic Games, and BioWare has always been a sure thing. I really wanted this game to kick ass.

But it's just as shitty as it's always presented itself to be. I've spent time in the beta. It really is WoW with Star Wars painted over it. It's shocking to me that BioWare apparently caved to Lucas, or is risk-adverse to due to the cost of making an MMO, or both, but I can offer no other explanation.

Garbage. What an utter disgrace, BioWare.

It's gameplay is just like WoW, arguably the finest and most successful mmo on the market..ever, and it's shit?

Ok so it's shit, but besides you wanting something entirely new and different, and better than WoW, how exactly is it shit? Is it unresponsive? Is it buggy? Is it stiff and wooden or are the stories/quests terribly written? Could you go into anymore details on why you think it's a disgrace?

27. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 21:07 Sempai

InBlack wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 09:56:
For some reason (maybe because Star Wars games used to be so great) I really really want this game to fail hard. Everything Ive seen in previews so far leads me to believe that it will be Age of Conan in Space, minus the great combat.

Because Star Wars games used to be so great? Bah haha.
And by you wishing this game is garbage will really help those old great games and in turn help the already stagnant mmo industry and most important help us gamers by what..being another turd mmo?

I'd rather it be a damn good game.

You're logic is flawed and borderline retarded.
And Conan's combat was great? Son you need to lay the crack pipe down.

News Comments > Origin EULA Amended
11. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 27, 2011, 16:46 Sempai

Fuck them both, but atleast Steam has a fucking clue as to who their customers are and want.

EA is one giant, bloated, massive lumbering, machine of uselessness which leaves behind large piles of fecal matter wherever it roams spewing dipshit with whomever and whatever it comes in contact with.

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
6. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 27, 2011, 16:38 Sempai

There is a God!  

News Comments > RAGE "Gearhead Vault" Trailer
23. Re: RAGE Aug 26, 2011, 20:18 Sempai

cronik wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 19:15:
Sempai wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 15:23:
Sho wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 09:32:
Yknow, I'm with you, I really am, but besides LA Noire(which is cutting edge tech)what games out there really have decent facial/dialogue interaction?

HL2 was how many years ago?

Well..I can't argue that at all.

I stand corrected.

21. Re: RAGE Aug 26, 2011, 15:23 Sempai

Sho wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 09:32:
They still haven't figured out how to make decent animations in dialog cutscenes - the quest giver in the beginning talks in slow motion, it's off-putting :).

Yknow, I'm with you, I really am, but besides LA Noire(which is cutting edge tech)what games out there really have decent facial/dialogue interaction?

20. Re: RAGE Aug 26, 2011, 15:18 Sempai

Dades wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 07:10:
Sempai wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 04:25:
I thought John said they weren't releasing tools for mods?

They aren't releasing them separately, they're built into the game. You bring down the console and type id studio and you have access to every single tool id uses.

Ah, very cool indeed.

10. Re: RAGE "Gearhead Vault" Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 04:25 Sempai

I thought John said they weren't releasing tools for mods?  

8. Re: RAGE Aug 26, 2011, 01:25 Sempai

Acleacius wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 23:22:
These guys are so far behind the curve on game depth content, it's laughable. They should have made this game 10 years ago, but didn't even figure out there needs to be others alive communicating with the player giving depth and substance, till what last year.

Anyone else remember the big fight at id before they decided to redo doom as doom3? There were people in the company (former owners and employees, iirc) that tried to tell these clueless clods, "No don't remake doom, we need to move on, instead of recycling our vacant game designs, again"?

Quests? Huh, WTF are quests?

Speaking of quests, did anyone notice how ridiculously it was presented (this actually assumes it's a better quest) in the video? If the guy wants the plutonium and the only way is guns blazing (id game, right?), then why send just the player? Wouldn't he stand a better chance of getting it and part of the loot recovered, if The Mayor, sent some of his boys along.

Did these guys even hire a writer this time? Maybe there will actually be more than one voice actor for this game. Hell, Bethesda has six they used for all of Oblivion and at least they had real women doing female voices.

First, what the fuck is "game depth content?" Are you expecting world of warcraft out of Id or do you want Oblivion? You can grab that in Nov, as for Rage not having "game depth content" again, what is it you want out of an Id produced 1rst person shooter?

Do you want squad based combat like BF3? Wrong game bud. It sounds like your expectations are a bit misaligned with what Rage is going for.
Anyone who's ever played an Id game knows this is right in line with what they produce and probably will always produce.

5. Re: RAGE "Gearhead Vault" Trailer Aug 25, 2011, 22:32 Sempai

I can't put my finger on it but part of me thinks parts look a bit rough, but the textures and enemy animations look wonderful, the spider bots looked a bit..stiff, but maybe this is me being nitpicky.

Would really like to know what kind of hardware they're running this on, they never mention this in gameplay videos and yet I feel it's very relevant.

Oh well.

Cannot wait to get my hands on this.

News Comments > Duke Reboot Planned?
24. Re: Duke Reboot Planned? Aug 22, 2011, 16:15 Sempai

Have some fucking dignity and just let it die.

Jesus..

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 16:13 Sempai

Meh..I think I'll wait for a fire sale on this one, played the leaked version, not a big fan.

Hopefully it's what the fans have been waiting for.

Now bring on the RAGE!

Spelling is hard.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
51. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 18:27 Sempai

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:28:
Sempai wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:16:
Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:01:
Two words: ANARCHY ONLINE.

Irrelevant.

That was a completely different time with a developer who's known for fubaring their launches.

Yeah, things have advanced so much since then. /facepalm

Were you there for AO on launch day? Were you there when we had to wait 15 minutes or more to get into the game only to have the entire server crash do to overpopulation on day 1? Seems like the same situation to me. The only difference I see is that these guys are trying to avoid this scenario. This game hasn't even launched and you act like you know the outcome. Can you go pick me up some lottery tickets?

Do you know what the word 'irrelevant' means? Do you think that these guys just grabbed this idea out of thin air? AO was one of the worst launches ever!

Do you know what fuckstick means? How bout douche bag?

I was there on launch day, the main issue was they were using a TCP netcode that was cooked by a team of retards and they had to go back to the drawing board and use UDP.

Yes, It was a fucking disaster and I was there.

The fact remains it was a different time, You could almost get away with a rough launch cause people were desperate for the next big mmo besides EQ, but Funcom being the dipshits they've proven themselves to be tanked their own game before people got a chance to see some of it's genius.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 15:16 Sempai

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:01:
Two words: ANARCHY ONLINE.

Irrelevant.

That was a completely different time with a developer who's known for fubaring their launches.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 15:01 Sempai

I love being treated like an idiot, a number, a useless, brainless nub who would thank his lucky stars just to have the opportunity to fork over his $150 bucks just so that he can possibly get the chance to play the most glorious and sought after mmo to ever grace planet earth!

OH THANK YOU BIOWARE!

It's douche baggery like this that creates contempt towards game developers and their clueless marketing teams.

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
45. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 18:12 Sempai

GOSH! Thank you kindly Ubi! We're so lucky to have you!

Now go suck a dick.

News Comments > John Carmack on Unlimited Detail and More
13. Re: John Carmack on Unlimited Detail and More Aug 13, 2011, 23:19 Sempai

space captain wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 19:27:
speaking of a nostalgia trip back to the 90s, thats where carmack's head is stuck

hes an old dog.. and he wont be learning new tricks

Please enlighten us oh internet person..

News Comments > John Carmack on Unlimited Detail and More
3. Re: John Carmack on Unlimited Detail and More Aug 13, 2011, 18:28 Sempai

Why does my head hurt now after reading that?..  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
81. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 11, 2011, 20:35 Sempai

UConnBBall wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 20:10:
Not buying

Yes you will.

And anyone else here screaming "I wont buy your stuffs EA!" Is a fuckin liar too.
You'll do whatever they tell you to do in order to play your shiny new BF3 and you'll like it. Stop lying to yourself.

Now, for those of you who actually man up and grow a pair, and keep your credit card in check on day one, good for you, cause that's the only thing these corporate whores understand.

But by all means, keep shouting how you're not gonna take it anymore while opening your wallet.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo