Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 717 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
17. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 14, 2012, 06:21 Sempai

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 23:06:
This genre is burnt to a crisp no matter how pretty the game is. Next gen mmos like Planetside 2 is so far the only one worth looking at, IMO. GW2 is still going to be kill x fetch y.

I understand what you're saying, and i agree to a point.
Hasn't every genre been done to death? Some are just worth playing and most are not.

If you enjoy mmo's(like i do)then you're going to fetch and kill stuff.
You're going to slowly level your class/hero/toon/persona/inflatable doll to 50 and then begin to pve-dailies/raid/pvp your ass off.

The question is, is it a world you want to spend time in?
I'm all for evolution and moving forward, but you're not gonna get the old fogey's like me sitting in a world like Planetside for hours on end, that's for you youngins.

I think i speak for most of us old fart mmo players when i say we want a beautiful, lush world to explore and hang out in at our own pace, we want to be able to get up and go take a piss, and get a cup of coffee, or go afk and give the wife some much needed attention...for 15-20 min of course, then back to the grindstone.

What exactly would you do different?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 13, 2012, 04:12 Sempai

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 21:59:
The Old Republic was my first (and based on how awful the experience was, most certainly my last) MMO, so I didn't even give the server a thought. Only later did I realize that I made my toon on a PvP server and couldn't play him on any other server. I guess I just assumed I could play him wherever I wanted.

Yeah, it really is too bad a game like Swtor was your first experience.
While the launch was relatively smooth, the client was a joke. It was a complete fucking mess of a game(and still is in many ways)with literally unfinished..everything, hell they released a modern mmo with no support for AA in 2011? Unbelievable.

These guys at EA/Bio deserve the mass exodus they've been experiencing these last couple months. It's only borderline retards like me who've stuck around(solid guild with close friends)and have put up with this steamy turd.

The monkeys are finally getting systems in place that should've been in months ago, and the game is alot fun, for myself, and may be a solid little mmo someday..possbily..if they can keep their current subs.
But i wouldn't blame someone like you one damn bit for running to the hills after experiencing the pile of ass Swtor was, and still is.

Wow killer? Uh huh..

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 13, 2012, 03:54 Sempai

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 03:22:
But that is a good thing, isn't it? I understand you're being sarcastic but I'm not understanding why. Why not transfer all your characters off the, as you called it, barren server to the more populated one? At the moment, the transfer is free for all of your characters on the low-pop server to the high-pop and near instant.

Are you really this naive, or do you work for Bioware and are therefore trying to defend their actions?

They need to merge servers, plain and simple. Allowing people to leave low population ones and go to higher population ones does not solve anything, it just makes the problem worse. Now you're left with even MORE low population servers than before. Get it yet?!

Maybe you should attempt looking past your own nose.
It's a pretty solid bet they'll eventually be shutting down dead(230 live)servers once their "mega" servers are ready for prime time.
Any stragglers left will get moved to a mega server while it's free. Anything after that will cost you to get moved to one you prefer if needed.

I agree it's in no way a perfect setup, and it's long overdue, but it's damn sure nice to see the Fleet on our server bustling with bodies again.

They have a solid game on their hands, it's just sad the company running it appears to be 1 fry short of a happy meal.

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
26. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Jun 12, 2012, 03:29 Sempai

Watch out! Bliz is serious bidness!

Almost as much as they care about the constant gold spam in chat in a channel they forced onto the community with the added bonus of having to shut it off each time one logs into their safe and sound DRM online service.

Yet another reason there should be an offline mode for the customer, but that would defeat the purpose of their 15% cut of each transaction, and the oh so safe monitoring by our heroes at Blizzard.

This company is now run by a bunch of tools.

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Port Issues
14. Re: Dark Souls PC Port Issues Jun 6, 2012, 22:58 Sempai

What in THE blue fuck!

Sorry, your excuses are lame.

Thank you for bringing this to PC but..

No buy.

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
21. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 18:17 Sempai

Ty ty ty.

Day one purchase on Steam.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
64. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 06:08 Sempai

Tried logging in, servers are full, got put in a server Queue.

This is awesome!

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
53. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 20:33 Sempai

Not only does Blizzard suck a fat ballsack at running anything resembling a server structure, these guys are terrible at balance, period.

6+ years of dev/testing/q&a and these dipshits are just now catching this stuff?

What a buncha maroons.

Oh, btw Bliztard, your spiffy Auction House sucks a dick.

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Worlds
46. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 19:42 Sempai

Hudson wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 11:25:
Its always fun to watch the predominantly ANTI BLIZZARD Blues News crowd rally behind the latest douchebaggy MMO that comes out that is supposed to be the grand savior of a dying genre then later turn against it in scorn.

I give you all about...3 months

You my friend are a blithering asshat. You sound like a bitter old douche.
Why don't you simply find another hobby to go shit on for absolutely no reason. I hear playing in traffic is a hoot! Why don't you give that a shot and let us know how that works out for you?

Have a great day!

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Worlds
45. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 19:34 Sempai

Why didn't Swtor with it's massive budget and 7yrs of development have something akin to this at launch? Or hell, even now 5 months later?
Oh yeah, cause Bioware fucking sucks.

News Comments > Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st
21. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 16:06 Sempai

Yawn..

News Comments > PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August
19. Re: PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August Apr 11, 2012, 20:05 Sempai

Thank you for bringing this to PC.
I'm sorry you chose the worst possible DRM for your potential customers, but this will still be a day one purchase for me to support this kind of decision to bring one of the best console rpg's ever designed.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
8. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 11, 2012, 19:48 Sempai

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 19:39:
I have a bunch of GFWL games and they all work flawlessly.

Pics or it didnt happen.
Seriously, i do not believe you.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Patched
5. Re: Batman: Arkham City Patched Mar 21, 2012, 12:33 Sempai

Fuck you Rocksteady, just..Fuck you.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
50. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 14, 2012, 08:53 Sempai

Now that i have a 50 Bounty Hunter(Powertech)i'm actually enjoying the game more now than i was leveling up.
The game is beyond frustrating at times due to Bioware being complete dipshits, but..
The game has a solid base, i enjoy the combat more than i do wow at this point. Level a PT to 30 and tell me you won't have just a little bit of fun jet charging into the fray and grappling those pesky republicans to you then giving them a quality uppercut to the chin.

1.2 can't come soon enough, but running FP's like KUS are a real treat.
I've also finally settled in with a decent guild with a good bunch of older folks who are not only enjoyable to be around, but are solid players.
The hardest thing for me has been leaving my guild of 5yrs from WoW and being alone in a new MMO for so long, it really does make a world of difference.

Besides Companions, some Datacrons(matrix shards)and Space Combat, Swtor doesn't offer much new at all in the genre, but what they do have is pretty good stuff so far.

Is it the WoW killer so many hoped for? No.

My opinion, take it with a tablespoon of Cinnamon.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Mar 13, 2012, 23:38 Sempai

Am i the only one getting terrible speeds from Nvidia's site trying to dl these new drivers?  

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
32. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 11:15 Sempai

When we see the "awesome" of Doom 4, will this one have an actual ending before the credits roll?

I think Id is better at hyping shit up than they are at making actual games these days.

News Comments > Reckoning DLC Next Month
3. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 12:32 Sempai

Verno wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 11:00:
I think they just needed to refine things a bit, they tried to do a bit too much at once and as a result many of the gameplay elements feel very rudimentary. Also the lack of things like mounts is a bit puzzling given the size of the world (even with fast travel). The combat system is a good base to build on for future efforts but the rest I couldn't care less about. Also please dial down the bloom fellas, good grief it just got absurd playing with post processing on.

You just hit a nerve with me.
Bloom(along with bad FoV)is so entirely over used today it's rocketed WAY past the retard watermark.
I picked up Syndicate, and the over use of bloom(understatement)is so beyond stupid it borders on abuse, it's also forced me to ponder how idiotic game designers are today.

There appears to be absolutely no vision for the end product, a complete lack of common sense, and just plain laziness in game development today.

I literally cannot get through Syndicate due to it's constant blinding glare shoved into the face of the player, and until i can figure a way to tweak the cgf(another favorite pass time forced on PC gamer's today)and shut the idiocy off, then it's another $50 bucks down the shitter.

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG New Area Revealed
2. Re: Game of Thrones RPG New Area Revealed Feb 29, 2012, 10:55 Sempai

HBO aside, Martin's franchise has gotten off to a terrible start in the world of video games.

Let's hope this one doesn't suck also.

News Comments > Reckoning DLC Next Month
1. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 10:51 Sempai

The game is far from perfect, but i'm really rooting for Kurt and his crew.
These guys seem like they really love what they do and i've had fun with Kingdoms.
Keep up the good work.

717 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo