Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 684 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
30. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 00:37 Sempai

Halo 4 requires directx 12.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:33 Sempai

And i'll be sure not to be a customer of your rehashed, decade old tech, milked, overpriced, mediocre shooter. Pushed out the door by the same bunch of arrogant dickbags who shit out the very same code every 2 years.

It's also quite obvious you still haven't come to the realization that 98% of your demographic own widescreens, and capped FoV is only for the moronic simple fucks like the folks at Treyarch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2012, 14:08 Sempai

Agreed.

We think we're so smart and tough, and all it takes it some wind and rain to remind us how fragile we are.

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
45. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Nov 1, 2012, 12:51 Sempai

Yeah, when you observe the contrast of Swtor and say GW2's world environments, animation, working systems, and just plain polish it's literally night and day.
Anet did this fantastic job creating a beautifully imagined world with amazing art and assets. Hell even look at the true open world of our 7yr old beloved WoW. Even with it's aged engine you can see the difference in talent and design, and i believe pride in their work.

Swtor looks as if it were put together by 7 or 8 different teams with mediocre talent across the board, and little to no communication.

Edit: What i wouldn't give to have Bliz or Anet type talent do a Star Wars or Sci-Fi mmo. Take my money.

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
39. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Nov 1, 2012, 03:21 Sempai

KOTOR 3 for example is under the license granted to EA/Bioware currently, and after the disaster of The Old Republic, itís hard to imagine them gambling on a game so similar, even if the old ones were classics.

The issue isn't the license or Kotor 3.
The issue is EAWare are the McDonald's of games publishing. In and out.
If it ain't makin barrels of cash, pull out. There's absolutely no vision or loyalty from the halls of this company.
The other issue is Swtor being a giant steaming turd of a game that somehow went horribly wrong during it's development.

Someone sucked someones dick when the "Hero Engine" deal went down.
Their entire art and design teams are made up of ITT tech drop outs.
And the folks running it now are just a rag tag team of nobody's who don't have the first damned clue about vidja game design or even common sense.

For instance when you have a team announce one of their F2p limitations will be to limit the user's spell/quickbar to just ONE bar(while subscribers get 4)you simply know that team's round table is full of soap eating zombies who need to lay the crack pipe down.

It's sad because the game has a decent base, and does have potential, but these folks appear determined to destroy it.

The issue is not the license or Kotor 3, the issue is bigger than that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 23:55 Sempai

And of course no PC from these douche bags.

Fuck you Rockstar, just..fuck you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 12:30 Sempai

Glad you're safe, that's whats important.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
14. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2012, 23:36 Sempai

These drivers are still re-positioning ALL of my desktop icons, along with re-sizing my browser windows when i shut off my receiver, monitor or both.

Using HDMI from my 680 to Onkyo receiver, then to my monitor. I guess it's back to drivers that are months old..

CMON Nvidia! Get it together!

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
12. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 23:05 Sempai

Hahaha!

Wait..it's not April 1rst is it?

News Comments > Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077
1. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 18, 2012, 21:12 Sempai

Is it too much to hope for them to create a usable inventory and UI this time around?  

News Comments > Mechromancer DLC Pricing
24. Re: Mechromancer DLC Pricing Sep 11, 2012, 23:22 Sempai

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 22:42:
Sempai wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 21:19:
What about those of us who purchased a new nvidia card(gtx680)and received a copy with our purchase?

Will this be eligible as a pre-order or will we be forced to purchase this day one dlc?
No idea, but if I had gotten the game for free, I wouldn't be too worried about it anyway.

I'm not "worried" about it, however i just dropped 5 bills on a new card that gave me a code for the game free, it would be nice if it was treated as a pre-order by the publisher since the point of the promotion is to get customers to bite on new hardware now, which is why i did just that.
As a hardcore PC gamer i'll probably end up popping for their season pass($30 bucks)for Borderlands planned dlc's, this along with this silly Mechromancer dlc will end up costing me $40 bucks anyway.
Either way it seems they'll get more money out of me.

Meh..whatever.

News Comments > Mechromancer DLC Pricing
22. Re: Mechromancer DLC Pricing Sep 11, 2012, 21:19 Sempai

What about those of us who purchased a new nvidia card(gtx680)and received a copy with our purchase?

Will this be eligible as a pre-order or will we be forced to purchase this day one dlc?

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Adding Listing Fee
22. Re: Steam Greenlight Adding Listing Fee Sep 5, 2012, 17:35 Sempai

$100 bucks? Uh..No thanks.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
61. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 3, 2012, 08:31 Sempai

Get the DAMNED TRADING POST UP ALREADY!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial Jul 11, 2012, 17:29 Sempai

I received a scroll of resurrection(WoW 7-days free)from a friend, they even boosted a toon to 80 for free, i lasted a day before becoming bored again with that treadmill.

I enjoy Swtor, but the company running it is the worst excuse of a team of humans i've ever experienced in the industry.

I'm ready for something new, truly new, not a wow clone.

News Comments > PC Prototype 2 Still Coming
20. Re: PC Prototype 2 Still Coming Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 Sempai

Jerykk wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 04:25:
Sempai wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 04:05:
It's like PC ports today are a literal scam.

Don't worry folks! We're still going to take a steamy dump in a box and ship it before we dismantle everything!
We realize that you realize we couldn't give two fucks, but we'll still take your money! Put'r there pal!

I won't touch this bullshit with a ten foot pole. Run away!

You should probably try the port before condemning it. For all we know, it could be a completely solid port.

You could very well be right.

$20 bucks says it isn't.

News Comments > PC Prototype 2 Still Coming
17. Re: PC Prototype 2 Still Coming Jul 3, 2012, 04:05 Sempai

It's like PC ports today are a literal scam.

Don't worry folks! We're still going to take a steamy dump in a box and ship it before we dismantle everything!
We realize that you realize we couldn't give two fucks, but we'll still take your money! Put'r there pal!

I won't touch this bullshit with a ten foot pole. Run away!

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
40. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 09:07 Sempai

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft pole.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 28, 2012, 12:52 Sempai

winnetou wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 06:47:
Sempai wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 06:24:
Meters/Combat logs/raid tools/something... [...]
A simple fucking /readycheck [...]
Enrage timers for bosses.
Summons of any kind to help diminish downtime(wipes)for raid groups.
After 18 loading screens, you then have to run your ass back to bosses via 1997.

And yes, I feel like a complete chump because this is one of, if not THE worst run mmo's i can remember.

Have you played Matrix online/ Aion/ Age of conan/ Warhammer online/ Star Trek online/...?

Combat logs are in the game since patch 1.2. They repeatedly said that they wanted that information to be available for personal evaluation, but not to judge others with. This reddit thread delivered an early summary of a few of the available parsers, more recently, dpsmeter.com has become available and seems promising. Haven't tried it myself though, I heal; my feedback is people surviving.

I don't understand your enrage timer comment, please explain; bosses do enrage, do you want an in-game timer/countdown?

After wiping, players can use transportation to checkpoints. These could certainly be spaced out more generously, but some of them are available, with varying quality of implementation; I prefer the Karagga's Palace version, lack of realism be damned.

The ready check issue is perplexing. At the guild summit someone pointed that lack out and they seemed surprised to have to confirm that they did in fact not have one. A few months later, it's still not in.

Yes, i realize combat logs are finally in the game, technically.
I'm sorry i just don't enjoy tabbing/logging out of the game to go hunt down a text file, then go somewhere on the net and stare at a parsed log.
No one asked for this shit, and the people who don't want meters are the very people who fear others will actually see their performance, or lack thereof. Is this an RPG or not? Or are we all just watching the pretty explosions?

Only a team of misfit's like Bioware would use the man hours to implement a completely moronic idea as this.

And yes there are speeders you can grab if you've downed 2 bosses in EC for instance, but for some reason Bioware has this fetish of setting the player down in front of a fucking cave that you cannot mount up in, so you then run through a long assed cave on foot, and a mile or two later come to the door of the boss, to be greeted by yet another loading screen.

It's all so moronic and just plain bad design, i wonder if they have 1 lead designer who has ever stood up and begged the question "hey, is any of this shit actually FUN for the players?"

My $20 bucks says nill.

But like i said, i enjoy aspects of the game, and im a glutton for punishment.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 28, 2012, 06:24 Sempai

I'll be the first to admit the game is a giant steamy(unfinished)turd, and the people running it appear to have learned absolutely fuck all from years of competitors and other mmo's on the market.

They keep saying they want to do things different, but in the end they just rip off tried and true features from WoW, only it takes them twice as long to implement, and then they still fuck it up.

7 months later and we STILL do not typical mmo features like..

Meters/Combat logs/raid tools/something...anything that gives the player feedback of performance of any kind..

A simple fucking /readycheck so the entire raid team aren't forced to jump up and down like idiots in order to ensure all players are present and ready to pull.

Mod support of any kind

Enrage timers for bosses.

Summons of any kind to help diminish downtime(wipes)for raid groups.
After 18 loading screens, you then have to run your ass back to bosses via 1997.

Infact the entire Bioware team appear to be still living in 1997.
The downtime from wiping on a typical 3 hour progression night is atleast 1 hour of just running back and regrouping.

And yet after all the idiocy i still pay these people monthly because i dig my guild, friends, and the game to a large extent.
And yes, I feel like a complete chump because this is one of, if not THE worst run mmo's i can remember.

684 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo