Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 726 (Apprentice)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 03:21 Sempai

Rhett wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 23:41:
This is not boding well for Far Cry 4. They better not screw that up too. Watch_Dogs was great (but lacked polish), and this sounds just horrible... It has a positive review rating of 35% on Steam right now.

Watch Dogs was a fucking mess. The micro-stutter issues, along with the plethora of Uplay server problems were the straw that broke the camels back. I requested a refund from Steam, but Gaben and his minions simply laughed at the idea of actually refunding customers for selling them broken software.

At this point i'm fairly certain i'd have better luck receiving a finished product buying meth from a corner store drug dealer than i would buying a $60 triple-A video game on release today.

Edit: I also might add, a friend of mine who torrented Watch Dogs still had the stutter issues, but could atleast play the game because the crack bypassed Uplay altogether. Oh the irony..

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2014, 03:31.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 22:29 Sempai

Apparently it not only runs like a turd on every platform, but it is a turd. What? Ubisoft shit out a game that's not ready for prime time? Say it ain't so!

Am i the only one who saw this at E3 and just couldn't get excited about it in anyway?
It looks EXACTLY like the ones before it, sans Black Flag, which was solid(but still terrible combat control/collision detection)which atleast tried something new and interesting.

Oh lookie, i'm doing the very same things i did last year.. And the year before it.. And the year before that..

Yawn..

News Comments > More Trion DDoS Attacks
7. Re: More Trion DDoS Attacks Oct 11, 2014, 21:47 Sempai

A few months back i woke up to a bunch of charges to my bank account to the tune of over $1000 dollars from Trion Worlds(my old Rift account)and preceded to mash their live chat button until i was able to speak to a human over there, to acknowledge the fact some asshole had hacked into my account and was having a heyday with my credit card on file.

These fuckers didn't have the first damned clue. You'd think some sort of red flag in their system would go up, but apparently not.

Once they woke up, they were generally good about starting the process of restoring my naked,battered account, and a refund.

I realize it's not necessarily their fault, but again, you'd think red flags would go up on an account that was non active for over 2 years to suddenly go on a fucking shopping spree in their in game money store..

Either way, i really hate humans.

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
4. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 6, 2014, 21:25 Sempai

Was looking forward to this. And will this small amount of time be enough to turn it around? Doubtful.

I realize development is not easy, but it would be nice if the gaming industry someday learned how to keep their fucking dates(especially Ubisoft)they set.

It makes me wanna choke a brotha..

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
4. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Sep 30, 2014, 04:48 Sempai

I want the best for AMD, but when it comes time to pull the trigger on a new card, i always seem to go back to Nvidia.

AMD really need to get off of it, and get on with it if they're going to compete with Nvidia. They may be hanging in there on the performance end, but not even close on the power/heat end.

These new Maxwell GPU's are impressive indeed.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 04:43 Sempai

Quinn wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 02:42:
It's confirmed: I have unpacked and played the game for 3 minutes. Now I have to go to work.

Enjoy the game, fellas!

Pain only gamers understand.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 29, 2014, 22:38 Sempai

Happy B-Day!

I was going to pick it up at GMG, but Amazon being too quick, informed me Sunday that my PS4 copy had already shipped out. This is what i get for pre-ordering video games in the middle of the night while drinking..

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
2. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 29, 2014, 22:30 Sempai

siapnar wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 20:53:
Apart from the game overall - which looks kinda cool, albeit too focused on action - why are the textures so horribly low res?

Because they also had to fit it on last gen consoles for those sales numbers, yo!
It seems we'll forever be plagued by the 360/Ps3 era..

News Comments > New Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Free Content Tomorrow
1. Re: New Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Free Content Tomorrow Sep 29, 2014, 22:15 Sempai

Now this is how you do it.

Kudos to EA and Popcap for doing a stand up job supporting their game and giving their customers significant free content. Free content is good.

/Salute

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 18, 2014, 19:23 Sempai

And no proper controller support? I hope the lack of a description is an oversite. But knowing Squeenix, it wouldn't surprise me at all.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy
29. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 15:53 Sempai

Yakubs wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 08:38:
Bunch of whiners. I played the game with no problem at all last night. Launch was perfectly fine. Better than WoW's launch, I can tell you that. Then again I wasn't dumb enough to drop $150 on it.

Based on my initial few hours of play last night, I can also tell you this game _SO FAR_ has more potential than WoW. Game doesn't treat you like you're retarded or child-like and doesn't assume you need boosts to your self esteem. Obviously the proof is in the pudding though so we'll see.

You're so cool.

17. Re: FTP crowd continues to get burned... Sep 17, 2014, 03:11 Sempai

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 23:50:
I can't help but laugh at the "Subscription is dead, FTP is the future" crowd continuously getting burned over and over again by quote unquote "free" to play games.

The overwhelming majority of them are nonstop greedy paywall cash grabs.

100% Agree.

I wish we could go back 10 years and just pay them their $15 a month and get the game we payed for..

This nickel and dime stuff has grown so tiring.

4. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 16, 2014, 22:23 Sempai

I purchased the $50 founders pack, and had to download the client 3 different times, do a BUNCH of fiddling around with firewalls and anti-viruses, and other suggestions on the board in order for the game to even launch.

While doing that, i tried accessing their Live Chat, but it didn't recognize me as a patron, and so was forced to, yup, you guessed it.. Email only.

Not sure if it's just my lousy luck lately, or if 98% of developer/publishers today have their thumbs firmly up their own asses.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
8. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 23:27 Sempai

I generally hate horror games where i have no weapon.
I can't seem to get myself excited for this one. Am i missing the boat here?

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
19. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 6, 2014, 06:00 Sempai

Thanks for the write up Trev. It seems well done, and has some interesting systems going on, although the Asian-y models/goofiness tend to turn me off.

I'll keep playing the Open Beta, and if anyone would like to add me to Steams friend list, give Fociz a shout out.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
27. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 5, 2014, 05:21 Sempai

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 05:17:
Sempai, have you tried mailing them your correspondence with PayPal? I would assume that should be enough proof that there was no fraud involved.

Hmm, i haven't. I'll do that, thanks.

25. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 5, 2014, 05:15 Sempai

For the record.

This is the last response i received from Valve on my issue. I realize I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but i'm slightly confused as to what this person is even recommending to me.

I wrote back asking for clarification as to what i can do to provide the needed information to Valve in order to have my Paypal account reinstated(It was i who had Paypal reverse the charge, they agreed with me, and made it happen) with no response yet. And as you can see, his last statement in the mail isn't too reassuring that i'll even get an answer back.
I feel as if i'm being treated like a child, rather than a long standing customer who's purchased thousands of dollars in software over the years.

He goes on to tell me Steam Support has provided me with the info i need, but when i sign in, it simply takes me to the general support page..

I should add that i asked for 1.An apology from Valve Corp. 2.This(zero warning)ban be stricken from my Steam record. 3.My Paypal account reinstated.

Here's the mail.

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Dan,

Due to the fact that PayPal has declared the charge fraudulent, we have no way of determining if subsequent payments are valid or if they will also prove to be fraudulent. While this may not be the case in your situation, we need confirmation from the bank that the original chargeback was withdrawn to protect us from liability for perpetrating payment fraud.

If this is not possible, your PayPal account will remain blocked from making purchases through Steam.

Steam Support has provided you with all of the relevant information regarding this issue. You can log into your account at support.steampowered.com to review your Steam Support tickets.

You will receive no further correspondence regarding this matter.

8. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 10:56 Sempai

It's long overdue.

Iíve been a Steam customer for 8+ years. Like most, iím fully vested into this ecosystem, and for the most part itís been a good one. But as of late Itís become more apparent to me as the industry pushes toward this new and wondrous digital age, it feels as though my rights as a customer are grey at best, and as a customer who logs into his digital games portal/service, it seems these services hold all the keys to the gate. Example.

I purchased Watch Dogs Digital Deluxe at full retail from Steam. While a friend torrented his copy. He was playing the game 3 days before retail hit, as i waited, and listening to him review it as we spoke in vent for the next few days.

The game had serious issues out of the gate. My high end rig was brought to itís knees with the micro stutter fiasco, along with the black screen issues. And though i clearly purchased my game from Steam, being forced to log into Uplay(Iím looking at you Gabe..) was sketchy at best the first week due to Uplay's overloaded servers. While my friend wasnít burdened with any of this, enjoying his pirated copy.

I became so utterly frustrated, I opened a ticket, and requested a refund from Valve. Iíve never once asked for a refund in my 8 years of buying PC games from Steam. Not even the time i purchased Colonial Marines and itís season pass.. Yes, i could, and should wait for reviews, and at times i do, but as a gamer and enthusiast, i still get excited for new games, and i want to support that. So partly my fault, i get it. Hereís the kicker.

Steam is the largest online distributor of games software in the US(world?), and the only option iím given is to open an email and wait for an average turnaround of 3-7 days(my experience) And the quality of the support is, letís say..less than stellar. I can call Origin right now and get a real person. I can also call Uplay and get a real human, same with Xbox Live and PSN. I can live chat or skype with a support person on some 3rd rate Russian cdkey site..But Steam? Nope. Email only.

I received a response 4 days later, the person wouldn't acknowledge my request at all, but cut/paste Ubisofts support site for me to turn to. Hmm, ..I purchased Watch Dogs from you, Steam, not Ubisoft. Yup, it clearly says Valve Corp for $69.99 on my Paypal statement. If i walk into a Target store and buy a pair of Nikes that turn out to be defective, does Target give me a link to go to Nike for support? Iím fairly certain they would hear my issue, and take care of me, offer a refund, or least of all a store credit.

Why, as gamers have we come to accept the ďYou buy it, itís yours no matter how terrible the product turns out to beĒ mentality, and given all our rights away? Iím not looking for something for nothing, i truly want this refund out of principal. At this point I delete the game from my steam list, and request a refund one last time, explaining my situation, my frustration, and why i feel justified in this case, or i would be forced to contact Paypal, and ask them to do it. I waited 3 days for a response. Called Paypal, and they found my reason to be valid, and found in favor my case, and essentially reversed the charge, and gave me my money back from Valve Corp.

Not 2 hours go by and i receive a popup from Steam, informing me my account has now been disabled. I would no longer be able to make purchases, gifts, key activation, or frequent forums etc. Basically banning my account, until i chose to reverse it back. I found it amazing how quickly their response was in shutting me down, with no real explanation to boot. They also informed me my Paypal account was now banned permanently. At this time, iím still waiting for a response for my refund request from Valve. I've not heard back from them in weeks. I even took to write Gaben himself, twice, with no response yet, of course.

So, whoís property is it in the end? Mine, or Steams? From where i sit, it clearly feels as if Valve, Origin, Uplay, Live, PSN, and all these online services, in the end, own my digital rights and all that goes with them. And though we all understand return policies on games have been abused in the past, why have we given ALL our rights away? There should be exceptions to the rule, and there should be some protection for the customer.

News Comments > City of Heroes Revival?
4. Re: City of Heroes Revival? Sep 2, 2014, 12:32 Sempai

I wish them luck. Any project that's driven by passion over dollars, i'll always root for.  

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
13. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 03:49 Sempai

Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 22:08:
When I was 9, I think I spent a lot of time flat on my face after I'd fallen off my bike.

At age 9, Ryan Carmack made a game, and then put a grandma mode in it.

Atleast you were being somewhat productive. When i was 9, I'm fairly certain i entertained myself by rubbing to sticks together..

726 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo