Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sempai

Real Name Sempai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2007, 11:48
Total Comments 770 (Graduate)
User ID 33180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Crew Wild Run Details
2. Re: The Crew Wild Run Details Aug 27, 2015, 20:39 Sempai

Received this when i bought my gpu, and i still feel slightly ripped off. Terrible game. My opinion.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
10. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 25, 2015, 03:21 Sempai

May i also add that it's a fantastic "i'm finally home from work, exhausted, but tomorrow's my day off, and i get to stay up, drink a little too much, play games, and listen to loud music in the basement in my office so i don't wake the wife, but then yell at the screen while losing, wife comes down, grounds me from Hearthstone and puts me to bed" kind of game.

I wonder if anyone else here gets the "look" when he says he's going to go play some friendly Hearthstone?..

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
1. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 24, 2015, 18:40 Sempai

$50 bucks? Jesust..

I've already spent WAY too much money on this thing..
I enjoy the game, but i just can't afford this relationship any longer Bliz. It's not you, it's ME.

Please tell Bobby i'm sorry i can't give him more of my childrens college fund.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
25. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 22, 2015, 02:16 Sempai

Graham wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 18:41:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 18:22:
I was playing hundreds of hours of destiny for a while there because the shooting mechanics was really fun and the raids were pretty good.

Now it's become a horrible, purposeful, grind fest for that illusion of in depth content when in reality it's actually extremely basic.

Pretty much, I feel like I won't be playing destiny again because they pretty much went the typical MMO Grind fest way.

I'd argue that this is exactly wrong. The grindiness that pervaded the earlier release is gone, and it's become far easier to get what you want.

The 2.0 update coming, along with the the next expansion pulls the game out of beta, in my mind. You still have to do stuff to get stuff, but it feels purposeful, with more varied choices on what and when you do things. They're doing away with the light-on-gear-to-level-up mechanic, and while light will still be there, you can hit max level without getting stuck (forever 29 is gone).

At the end of the day it's a progression-based shooter. Do you like shooting things and progressing when you do? Tada, Destiny. It's Diablo with trigger pulls instead of mouse clicks.

This.

I'd also add that Bungie have some impressive artists/world builders/animators under their employ, but whoever's in charge of design over the "MMO" dept, appear to have an IQ of a monkey fucking a football.

Whoever IS responsible for the plethora of just..horrible, stupid, ignorant, idiotic, cunty decisions there, i wish upon them the most vile of cancer to their scrotum.

Sorry, Deej. I know i'm being a negative nancy, so sorry.. Ok, back to rainbows and happiness! Destiny is fantastic!

News Comments > Mad Max Specs
9. Re: Mad Max Specs Aug 7, 2015, 01:27 Sempai

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 20:50:
For a game that looks this shitty that's some seriously sloppy programming. Those min specs are absurdly high for a game of this calibre.

This video of the game running on PS4 hardware is painful to watch due to the host, and what seems to be bad framerates, but otherwise i thought it looked pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWc3F_hv4k

The GTX 760 rec is what's concerning me. Is this Warner Bros 30fps lock bullshit again? I'm fairly certain a 760 won't be obtaining a consistent 60fps@1080p with eye candy up. Infact i'd bet money on it.

Hope i'm wrong. But I'll wait and see what kind of shit show the PC port will be on launch day.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
29. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 6, 2015, 04:06 Sempai

I adored every minute of the new Mad Max film.
From scene 1 it grabbed my giblets and never relented until credits rolled.
Feminist movie? Who fucking cares..

Let's hope this game is half as good. And those wacky Warner Bros have some huge balls asking people to pre-order anything from them after their Arkham Knight shit show.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
32. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 28, 2015, 01:16 Sempai

The game is a massive achievement in my view, and i've thoroughly enjoyed my 100+ hours with it. Although I agree 100% with the complaints of clunkiness and combat.

I appreciate CDPR for their ongoing support, the DLC, their communication, and treating their customer base like adults.

If other publishers gave half the shit CDPR does about their own work, games like Batman Arkham Knight wouldn't still be sitting in my list waiting for a patch that's months off.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2015, 14:05 Sempai

An hour with Randy Pitchford Eurogamer.net.

I am so sorry..

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
29. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 18:18 Sempai

I see a marketing opportunity here for WB.

Re-release it in the fall! Batman Arkham Knight RE-MASTERD HD!
Buy it now for the kids for that perfect gift under the tree!

And it's hilarious that more than a decade later, video game publishers/devs STILL do not give one single fuck about SLI/CF, and why gamers go on spending their money on 2 cards instead of 1.

Things never change.

14. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 12:31 Sempai

Linksil wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 12:19:
Ran fine before patch with slight dips in fps with batmobile. After the patch haven't had a problem. I'm playing the last two missions right now.

2500k OC to 3.5ghz
770GTX 4gb
16 gigs ram
OS on SSD Game on WD Black 1tb

The problem with blanket statements like "It runs fine" is the person making the statement.

Anything below 60fps@1080p on a high end pc is usually rough as hell due to vsync/stutter/micro/latency issues.

One mans "fine" is another man's "unacceptable."

Batman Arkham Knight easily achieves 60fps on my rig, until i begin moving and driving around the city, then it begins to completely fall apart.

1. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 09:38 Sempai

So WB has a guy in the shed out back working on it while the rest of the team continues to churn out their DLC.. Gotcha.

Batman Origins anyone?

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
32. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 19:21 Sempai

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 09:31:
Why fuck it up yourselves, when you can have someone else as a scapegoat, right Randy?

How do i "like" this comment? Let's get on that ok, Blue?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 00:46 Sempai

29 years of experience, and you're just now realizing you're liars? That you have no integrity?

It can be a risk? Really? And here i thought it was called false advertising, you thick headed nitwits.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
9. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Jul 9, 2015, 00:14 Sempai

Man i'm pullin for AMD, but eesh..  

News Comments > Skyforge Open Beta This Month
2. Re: Skyforge Open Beta This Month Jul 2, 2015, 22:43 Sempai

I played last weeks beta, and i must say everything was ship shape. Stable client, and it seems well optimized.
I'm not a fan of all these new MMO's being action(FPS reticle)games in disguise, but they appear to cater a bit to both(you can tab target also) which in the end i'm not sure will work for both types of player.
The game is set up like Destiny with the main hub above the planet, with zones and instances you travel to below.

Combat was fun, if not too busy for my old hands, and the animations, particle, and spell effects were super impressive to me. But in the end..it all didn't grab me like i hoped.

I'm interested, but as with everything else today, i think i'm simply chasing those old EQ/WoW glory days, and it just ain't happening.

Someone wake me up when Blizzard decides to stop being Activisions bitch and begins work on proper new MMO.

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
28. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 23:09 Sempai

People have short memories.

Both Asylum and City had major issues on PC at release, and let's not even speak of Origins. Warner completely abandoned that turd even as they were working on its DLC.

It's entertaining to watch those cunts at Rocksteady relish in all the glory at E3 while showing off their game, then immediately throw Iron Galaxy under the bus on day one.

Warner/Rocksteady are foul companies.

Edit:Spelling is hard.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2015, 23:15.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
37. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 01:41 Sempai

Haha! This game is one hell of a scam.

What has happened to my beloved hobby?..

This Roberts guy sounds like a real peach.

News Comments > The Division Trailer
14. Re: The Division Trailer Jun 28, 2015, 02:05 Sempai

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 11:58:
More interested in Ghost Recon Wildlands now... than this PR disaster.

Wildlands has the same problem The Division has, it's developed by Ubisoft. It too will get a massive graphical downgrade, along with ho hum controls and gameplay.

Pre-order now and get 5 exclusive missions and a new exclusive monster!.. Wait, sorry, wrong game, it's all become a blur..

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
18. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 28, 2015, 00:35 Sempai

Nvidia's driver releases have been absolute dogshit for sometime now.  

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
27. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 19:49 Sempai

I can't wait to see this again at next years Sony's E3 presser!..  

770 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo