Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ian McEachern

Real Name Ian McEachern   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fingers M
Email imceach1@maine.rr.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 20, 1999, 17:52
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide on May 20
56. Re: nice May 6, 2003, 09:22 Fingers M

hey DSV did you forget about SG, we are at 392 members currently and thats just for PS. As for the rest of the comments you all seem to be judging PS just on the monthly fee and not the game itself. I dont know what dream world you live on, but P2P is pretty much a given with any MMO. It shouldnt be a surprise. As for me I cancelled my ww2ol account and will be shifting that payment to PS. Im having too much fun playing with my group to stop now. I will agree there are some issues with the game, but they arnt very large issues and dont intefere with my enjoyment of the game. There is skill in the game. Its a different type of skill than the normal FPS though, you just have to play the game to figgure it out. Also its allot more fun with an organized group.

NC Forever

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide Event
20. Re: Goal May 5, 2003, 13:15 Fingers M

DSR must play NC I wonder what the other faction uniform changes are? Oh and if your already in a squad/clan of some sort, its allot more fun than gathering a group of indies at sanctuary.

18. Re: No subject May 5, 2003, 12:16 Fingers M

Im sorry Mr. T. but I dont think I was directing my comments at any of your posts, but more towards Beaners and the others like it. But its not a specific attack, theres a general dislike with many FPS gamers about paying a monthly fee. I dont know if its based on principle or if its financial. I dont see any problem with supporting the game past release and the upkeep of the servers and network. I can understand other peoples concerns about play goals though as Im not sure about them myself, other than to lock continents. The thing about that is, the dev team can always make changes about that later on down the road.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
10. Re: PlanetSide... Hmmm... May 5, 2003, 08:32 Fingers M

I think the models look good, and the animations are great. Do you have mesh detail off? With it off they look like poo.

13. Re: PS May 5, 2003, 08:23 Fingers M

I agree Im too damn busy playing. I think you other guys are trying to scrounge up excuses not to pay a monthly fee. I think your dislike is more for the monthly fee rather than of the game itself. Theres still allot of people turned off by the idea, I dont have any problem with it. Im going to move on from ww2ol and just pay for PS now.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
6. Re: PlanetSide... Hmmm... May 2, 2003, 13:12 Fingers M

Well at this point there is no one major goal, other than kill the enemy. Right now the best focus is to try and lock a continent, capture all the bases and towers for your faction. There hasnt been an opportunity to lock the whole planet, since the servers are reset and patched often, Im not sure how that will play out. Depending on what base you hold yes you can get better equipment. But any of the equipment can be brought in from the sanctuary. But it may take a while depending on where you need to go, and you may loose it on the way. individually the more bases you help capture, defend etc, the more exp you gain, so you can wield better weapons and vehicles through certs. Right now the game is a blast and I cant stop playing. Last night my team was fighting off a 2 sided attack on our last tower in the lower part of the continent we were on. Furious would be a good description and we must have had over 100 players fighting in that area.

News Comments > Colin McRae 3 PC
7. Re: Great Mar 7, 2003, 09:01 Fingers M

The game was out in Euro land back in October before the season was done and before he even raced a citroen car. Since this is probably just a port from thier console ver. I dont think they were going to update it and wait to do that for 4. According to the news post these are screens from the PC ver. im still waiting for a damned US ps2 ver.

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Patch
25. Re: maybe now is the time Feb 3, 2003, 21:19 Fingers M

Heh I bought it a few weeks ago, no discount for me I paid 54 for it from Circuit City. Its was the only place out of 4 that had it in stock, EB, Best Buy and Gamestop were all sold out that weekend.

News Comments > American Conquest MP Demo
6. Re: hmmm........ Jan 21, 2003, 22:01 Fingers M

Brick I had that same thought watching the videos of swarms of troops on their site.

News Comments > WW2 Online Test Halted
8. Re: People are still playing this POS? Oct 4, 2002, 16:11 Fingers M

The game has come a long way since the first week. heh most of the first week issues were solved the next week. Theres been so much added its a totally different game now. This new patch is adding more vehicles and new high res textures to the terrain. The game still is allot of fun at times. It also helps to be in the best squad playing the game.

News Comments > Blizzard Countdown
53. Re: Console Game Sep 19, 2002, 18:27 Fingers M

I hope its not a Xbox only game, that so annoying. I only have time for one console and thats my ps2. Im still annoyed about Halo, I would be even more annoyed if this a cool game for Xbox only. Its funny a co-worker and I was just discussing Starcraft a few months ago and how cool a Starcraft based FPS would be.

News Comments > New Reaction Quake III
1. RQ3 Aug 31, 2002, 15:24 Fingers M

Hey its fully based port of Aq2

-Frost
RQ3 Art

News Comments > America's Army Update Plans
5. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2002, 18:57 Fingers M

Yea allot of ppl are still playing, most of the servers are full. I havnt played in a couple days but it was like this last week. I think theres some waiting for the new patch. Also I heard its a pain to run a server for, my ww2ol group was trying to run one and took it down recently.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Fast and the Furious Jul 29, 2002, 13:41 Fingers M

Ehh, everyone in that movie was obsessed with nitrous. Its a cop-out, real racers can tune a car just as fast without it, unless your stuck with a honda Yes the eclipse used was a NT, but hey its just a prop really, I mean it could have a Neon engine in it and still be useful for a movie. Its all make believe.

19. Re: Cats Jul 21, 2002, 14:40 Fingers M

My cat will stop at nothing to get his tongue on my ice cream cone. He just about climbs on my head. He also has quite a fondness for french fries.

News Comments > New Reaction Quake 3
4. Thanks Jun 14, 2002, 19:58 Fingers M

Thanks guys I hope everyone enjoys it.

News Comments > DOOM III Announced
86. Man... May 4, 2002, 16:24 Fingers M

Some of you guys are too damned pessimistic. Have you been that scarred by your gaming experience? I also love the get a life comments,(what exactly is getting a life, they are alive arnt they?) these people make themselves feel better about thier supposed "lives" by telling others thier loosers for being excited about Doom3, yet here they are placing comments about the same thing. Just keep telling yourlself you are superior, it makes it all better.

As for the game Ill remain optimistic and pass judgement after Ive seen more.

5. Foggy Mar 9, 2002, 13:01 Fingers M

I ran into that fog this morning on my way into work.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Panzer Elite Feb 17, 2002, 11:41 Fingers M

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Panzer Elite Feb 16, 2002, 18:08 Fingers M

The PE review has the wrong link, Im assuming it should link here:

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/panzerse_main.asp

Which is for Panzer Elite Special Edition which is the new version.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo