Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Vengeance Plans
4. Is this the patch . . Nov 12, 2004, 11:06 ZigZang

that makes more than 600 people want to play it? Seriously, I simply don't understand why the Tribes series has completely failed to attract more players.  
ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Early?
21. Other than my wife and kids. . . Nov 12, 2004, 11:03 ZigZang

there's pretty much no one I wouldn't kill for HL2 this weekend. Same thing goes for an ice-cold Duff beer.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Marvel Sues over City of Heroes
8. Re: eh.... Nov 12, 2004, 10:56 ZigZang

IIRC, this isn't the first time Marvel has done this. They might was well sue 3DSMax makers since people can make Hulk and Wolverine characters there as well. Hell might as well sue the paper and pencil companies since people can draw their own Hulk and Wolverine comics, too.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 10:58.

ZigZang

News Comments > Marvel Sues over City of Heroes
1. Marvel Suit Nov 12, 2004, 10:47 ZigZang

No word on whether Matt Murdock is handling Marvel's case

Ba-dum, bump! Thank you very much, I'm here all week!

ZigZang

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Hollywood's cutting edge Nov 11, 2004, 11:32 ZigZang

But the real draw, they say, is the new technology's ability to create ever more complex stories with cinematic qualities because they are done on DVDs, which will store more images.

This is my favorite idiotic quote from the article. She's talking about how Halo 2 provides a high level of graphic detail. What does that have to do with DVDs?

ZigZang

News Comments > etc.
7. Hollywood's cutting edge Nov 11, 2004, 11:23 ZigZang

the huge success of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nearly a decade ago made the leap from video game to big screen.

The TMNT originally came from the black and white comic book then was made into a cartoon and I believe the arcade game. The fans of TMNT were fans of the comic, not the game or the shitty cartoon. Her point is valid, but her example is plain wrong. This is just one of several disconnects in this article that makes me think she, the author, doesn't have a solid grasp of the subject material.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 11:24.

ZigZang

News Comments > Vampire Next Week
14. Re: Potential problem... Nov 9, 2004, 17:10 ZigZang

I think I may be falling for the hype I am seriously considering getting a ShitBox just to play Halo 2, especially with a 15% off coupon from BestBuy and two $75 gift cards burning a hole in my pocket

Not to mention that Halo 2 comes with 2 free months of XBox live . . . <"gandhi come play with us, you will give in to your desires . . .">

ZigZang

News Comments > Vampire Next Week
13. To quote Uma in Pulp Fiction Nov 9, 2004, 17:08 ZigZang

"I said, God Damn!"

I know this has been said, Oh, about 1,000 times already, but I just don't have the time to play all the excellent games that are coming out.

Can I have a "woot"!?

ZigZang

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Audigy with USB ports Nov 9, 2004, 15:33 ZigZang

I'd be 10x happier with my Audigy breakout box if it simply had USB 2.0 ports on it. Not sure why they've avoided doing this.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Kinda Like Jackass... Nov 9, 2004, 15:27 ZigZang

The extra dvd was packed with tons of stuff and I was really surprised how much difficulty Bungie had with the design of the game

I'm flying from SanFran to Chicago this afternoon and I'm planning on watching the extra's DVD on the flight. Glad to hear there is some good stuff on it. Now I just hope my laptop has the juice to let me watch the whole thing. . . . or I'll have to watch a very dumbed down version of "Anchorman" ("you know I'm kinda big deal around here . . . ")

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 15:27.

ZigZang

8. Re: Red vs Blue Nov 9, 2004, 15:15 ZigZang

Marketing. i haven't seen such a massive, well organized, media and retail propaganda blitz since Doom3 and the Republican Convention.

i was flipping thru the channels yesterday and CNN was reporting on this upcoming "event", warning people of long lines and traffic jams at midnight, like it was breaking news from Fallujah!

Personally, I think its great that game releases (even if they are console releases <why am I so biased?>) are great for gaming and our hobby as a whole.

ZigZang

4. Re: Red vs Blue Nov 9, 2004, 13:39 ZigZang

I don't understand how that crap is still around. So damned stupid.

I agree, but I do recall how bad some of the original Quake "movies" were back in the day (ie Ranger Gone Bad). I guess Red vs. Blue is a little more polished, but I find it interesting how somethings don't penetrate the public conscience until it's spawned from a console.

ZigZang

1. Halo 2 Nov 9, 2004, 13:19 ZigZang

I picked up Halo 2 this AM on my way to work. For $5 it is IMO totaly worth getting the metal-cased "special edition". I've not been excited about a console game for some time so hopefully this will rock.

As many of you may remember I've been a staunch critic of Halo (in terms of how it compares to its PC bretheren) so I am hoping Halo 2 will enlighten me as to how much fun a FPS on the XBox can be. I'll admit I never played Halo on the Xbox only on the PC and while I enjoyed it I never found it worthy of the praise some heap on it.

Anyone start playing this yet? Any comments? No spoilers please.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 13:24.

ZigZang

2. Halo 2 Nov 9, 2004, 13:19 ZigZang

<double post>

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 13:26.

ZigZang

News Comments > New Arena Wars Patch
1. Erm... Nov 9, 2004, 12:18 ZigZang

"v1.2 is still in BETA status, don't expect everything already running perfectly, there is a lot of testing going on."

ah, well, then don't release the patch?

ZigZang

News Comments > Gold - Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell
26. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2004, 20:35 ZigZang

And they're a deep red bloodshot for a few hours after. No other game does this or has ever done this to me in my life.

Could it be you'sa is tokin' too much a' the ganja'? Yea, mon.

ZigZang

News Comments > Spector Departs ION
26. Re: Meh Nov 8, 2004, 18:43 ZigZang

Hmmmm ... we amy need to call in the big guns to combat the voter apathy.....

Calling Derek Smart!!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Actually, I do have a comment on Spector's departure. Anyone who denies Spector's impact on <begin qualifier> pc <end qualifier> gaming isn't giving him credit he deserves. It does bum me out that DX:IW was so consolized, but that really is a matter of preference and jilted expectations. I'm not really suprised to see Spector leave as I've always felt Ion Storms existence was rather tenuous. I wish him luck and I will keep an eye out for whatever project he works on next.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 18:45.

ZigZang

News Comments > Spector Departs ION
19. Meh Nov 8, 2004, 18:13 ZigZang

I have no comment on this topic. I believe the projected size of this thread has been sorely overestimated.  
ZigZang

News Comments > Star Wars Episode III Movie
12. Re: Huh? Nov 7, 2004, 09:30 ZigZang

How does Darth Vader come back, didn't he die in Return of the Jedi?

He didn't die at the end of Return of the Jedi, it was his clone.

ZigZang

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Episode 3 Trailer? Nov 5, 2004, 11:42 ZigZang

What did you think? Some of the images of the star cruisers burning and the exchange of fire between them looked very cool. Man I hope this movie rocks.  
ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo