Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
123. Re: Da Vinci code Jan 14, 2005, 09:37 ZigZang

I really need to read the book. I've been waiting for it to come out in paperback, but I may just have to bite the bullet and pick up the hardbound edition.

Anyone know of a resource that lists when it's going paperback?

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 09:39.

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

121. Re: ... Jan 14, 2005, 09:09 ZigZang

Then spell his freakin' name correct!

LOL! . . . . eh, no.

ZigZang

106. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 21:24 ZigZang

You and Ari Fleischer would get along fine.

If he made a good brisket, I'm sure we would.

ZigZang

104. Re: ... Jan 13, 2005, 21:21 ZigZang

IMO Halsey just needed a little change for his earlier vitriol. Is it my role to do it? Who knows. We all have our opinions, but none of us really knows the answers and reasons to these complicated issues, despite what our egos may have us think.

Hugs and kisses to everyone. Happy New Year & peace on earth.

Even to Halsey.

ZigZang

87. Re: XP Tweak Guide Jan 13, 2005, 18:25 ZigZang

I am a little drunk at the moment.

Lucky, lucky man.

Not sure if this is the exact one you are looking for:

http://www.tweakguides.com/XPTC.html

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 18:26.

ZigZang

84. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 18:12 ZigZang

Those of us in the know knew it was all bullshit

"in the know"? Let me guess you work for a super-secret gov't agency? For god sakes, could you be more pompous? If you spent less time sniffing Michael Moore's ass, growing hemp and refining your pet conspiracy theories, you just might realize that the Republicans are NOT out to get you. Better yet, you may even come to acknowledge that those in power, despite that fact that you hate/disagree with them, just might not be the money-grubbing, world dominating tyrants you claim they are.

You have so many convoluted reasons why the US is at war. Do your self a favor and watch any of a dozen or so 9/11 documentaries (M. Moore excluded). Watch it again, then, watch it again. Eventually, you will realize that there is only ONE reason the US is at war. You say Bush invaded Iraq for oil? You are wrong. You say this is about money for US companies? You are wrong. You say Saddam could not have avoided the invasion? Completely, utterly, simply wrong.

ZigZang

28. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 13:54 ZigZang

They have not found the mass graves they said they would

Joe, not sure what mass graves you think are missing, but there have been DOZENS and DOZENS of mass graves found in Iraq. You may want to rethink that.

http://www.usaid.gov/iraq/legacyofterror.html
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/13/iraq.graves/
http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200403190916.asp

ZigZang

News Comments > Pilot Down to Take Off
2. Kinda like 7-Up Jan 13, 2005, 10:38 ZigZang

....played from a refreshing third-person perspective .....

No, Oxygen Interactive didn't take the easy route here and go with Tomb Raider sweet T & A 3rd person perspective, but honest to goodness, tickle-the-nose refreshing 3rd person perspective. Will the innovations never cease?!

ZigZang

News Comments > New EQ Expansion
40. Re: No subject Jan 12, 2005, 09:33 ZigZang

Didn't that chart show EQ2 and WOW are at roughly the same subscribers give or take a percent and all told EQ1&2 has three times as many as WOW? I was surprised to see how well DAOC and SWG are still doing.

I can understand the appeal of SWG, but can anyone explain how DAoC is different? I've never played it, but it seems to generally get very positive reviews/comments. Anyone whose played it comment on why its different than EQ/AO, etc?

ZigZang

News Comments > New EQ Expansion
12. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2005, 13:47 ZigZang

EQ: tedious
AO: fun

MyRealName, I've never played any MMORPGs, frankly due to the monthly cost, until AO's free dealie. My question, now that I'm lvl 12 or so, I really don't know what to do next. Any suggestions? I've left Rome and am now just wandering around which is getting kinda boring. Where a good place for a lvl 12 soldier to get some good stuff?

ZigZang

News Comments > Free Marathon Release
7. Re: Way to go Jan 11, 2005, 11:34 ZigZang

The funny thing is, had Bungie released Marathon for the PC instead of the MAC, they would probably be more revered than id is in this day and age. Marathon was top of the friggen line, and surpassed doom on just about every level.

True, but id did it first and thats what matters when it comes to their place in history.

ZigZang

News Comments > 2004 Vaporware Awards
16. Re: X800XT PE Jan 7, 2005, 17:22 ZigZang

Well, DNF should certainly BE on the list, and it's not...

Very true. Wired paid DNR the ultimate vaporware "compliment" by putting DNF on the "Vaporware Hall of Fame" last year, I guess just to make room for other deserving nominees.

ZigZang

News Comments > 2004 Vaporware Awards
8. Re: X800XT PE Jan 7, 2005, 13:38 ZigZang

A buddy of mine has an X800XT PE. I've used it, played HL2 on it, caressed it lovingly, etc. (sure, I've rubbed various body parts of mine against it -- so what!?) In any case, sure its scarce, but it does in fact exist. It shouldn't be on the list.  
ZigZang

7. Re: Eye of the Tiger Jan 6, 2005, 11:26 ZigZang

Go rent Rocky...and the video is about 2-3 minutes, at least, so maybe you didn't get it all?

Seen Rocky I-IV. I got the whole "eye of the tiger"/Rocky thing. Video stops after 10 seconds or so. Still waiting for "tears in the eyes funny". Damnit! I want tears in my eyes!!

ZigZang

1. Eye of the Tiger Jan 6, 2005, 10:46 ZigZang

Not sure I quite get it . . . all I see is the dude jumping up on the check out conveyor belt and start jogging. Obviously, the people around him don't understand what's going on. This was advertised as "tears in the eyes funny". The video stops right after he starts jogging. Is there more?  
ZigZang

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. $200K Jan 5, 2005, 12:00 ZigZang

I didn't realize [H]ardOCP was such a cash cow that they could afford $200K in leagal fees. Are they typical of hardware and gaming website these days?

Blue, you have any insight on how much web properties (such as HOCP, but not necessarily HOCP) make in a year?

ZigZang

News Comments > New Tribes Vengeance Demo
42. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2005, 18:04 ZigZang

the majority of UT2004 players spend the majority of their time playing that game OFFline

Sauron, I just don't think that is true. What do you have to back up this claim?

ZigZang

14. Re: Really? Jan 4, 2005, 12:26 ZigZang

For $50, $40, or even $30, there are better multiplayer games available.

Please name them.

I know where you are going with this Mega~9000, and I largely agree as a Tribes fan. One game I would add to this list is UT24k which has to be the single best multiplayer value out in the last year.

ZigZang

5. Re: The big question: Why? Jan 4, 2005, 10:42 ZigZang

Hasn't this game already found it's way to the bargain bin? Is ANYONE playing it online?

At any one time there are around 200-300 people playing so if you want to play you can usually find a server. Its a fun game actaully but there are just WAY too many other quality games out (HL2, WoW, EQ2, Halo2, etc.) that TV is just lost in the shuffle.

I'm not sure it would have made much difference, but I can't help but thinking that the original demo was so completely and perfectly AWFUL that any casual gamers were immediatly turned off. Now they are doing anything they can to get people to play. The only thing that will save this game now is some great mods. I hope the Starseige mod kicks ass, but some other, new, innovative mods are desperately needed.

ZigZang

1. This Demo Jan 4, 2005, 10:10 ZigZang

"We're loosing it. Admnister 50 cc's of adrenaline into this franchises heart, 200 cc's Ringer's lactate-IV drip, and transport, yeah, and maybe, sure, why not? Roll out another demo, maybe that will resusitate this dying franchise." <kicks corpse with shoe>

<wipes tears from eyes>

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 10:11.

ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo