Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zang

Real Name Zang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZigZang
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 3298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
47. I have an idea. . . . Jan 25, 2005, 14:52 ZigZang

let's combine gaming with politics. Despite all our different opinions and world-views, we all enjoying gaming and blowing satuff and each other up (if you don't you are in the wrong place).

I propose (assuming we find someone to host) a battle of ideologies fought on the battlefield of our collective choosing -- Liberal vs. Conservative, tree-hugger vs religious zealot, Red stater vs. Blue stater.

Battlefield 1942, CStrike, HL2: Deathmatch (personal favorite), the choice is ours to make. What do you all think?

All we need is a time, place and people to choose a team.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 14:55.

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Motorcycle Jan 25, 2005, 14:13 ZigZang

I love Barbara Streisand and the like bitching about the environment and consumerism - look at how they live! They point fingers and conveniently never look at their own excesses.

Now, now, the Babs gave up her SUV so she can sleep peacfully at night.

ZigZang

1. Johnny Carson Jan 24, 2005, 10:34 ZigZang

Wow, do I feel old now. Carson was a very funny man who never stooped to racy or profane comedy for laughs. Very wise to have stepped out of the limelight and enjoy a normal life.  
ZigZang

23. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2005, 14:22 ZigZang

a bunch more money was coughed up to improve the speical effects in FF

I'd heard that as well, I guess some of it was to expand the effects for Mr. Fantastics streatching in particular and to add "pizazz" to the ending. Hope its $$ well spent.

ZigZang

16. Re: FF Trailer... Jan 21, 2005, 13:02 ZigZang

Looks like it could be pretty bad. Much as I'd enjoy engaging in sexual congress with Ms. Alba, I still say she is totally wrong for the part of Sue Richards.

As long as its not as bad as Daredevil or Elektra, Marvel may have a new movie franchise on their hands. It's been a while since I read FF, but other than Dr. Doom and Galactus, who are the top FF franchise villians? The Inhumans? Sub-Marinar? At some point, I think they'd have to work in the Silver Surfer somehow . . . . but I'm not sure the outside world is ready.

ZigZang

6. FF Trailer Jan 21, 2005, 11:34 ZigZang

With low expectations about this whole project, I have to admit I'm actually looking forward to this movie after seeing the trailer. Granted, I still think The Thing looks like a dude in a rubber suit ( and the rather poor match on action of him flinging the car at the end) and I'm not sure anyone will ever make someone wearing a metal mask look cool, but all that said, the brief, darkly lit shot of Jessica Alba's ass made me forget all that.  
ZigZang

37. Re: Hatch Jan 18, 2005, 14:19 ZigZang

As a mondern gay, nudist, celebrity (barely) male, Richard Hatch is not very bright.

I think he really believed no one would notice that he didn't report his winnings.

ZigZang

25. Re: Enclosure Jan 18, 2005, 12:55 ZigZang

Where do you live, Joe? Don't worry, just the city, I'm not asking for your address to send an angry gang of homosexuals over to suck you off or anything.

Only guessing here, but I'm betting Pacific Northwest for JoeBlow, possibly even Norther California, say SanFrancisco. Just a hunch.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 12:56.

ZigZang

6. Re: Enclosure Jan 18, 2005, 10:17 ZigZang

So even if I thought this was acceptable in general, it's probably not a good match for our needs.

So you're probably not interested in the Running Man(TM) brand of confinement collars then? I hear they are cheap, though they are one-time use only.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 10:20.

ZigZang

24. Re: Battlestar Galactica Jan 17, 2005, 11:15 ZigZang

I will keep recording it and watching it for a while.

Excellent news. I loved this show growing up (ok until they put the monkey in the daggit suit). I'm hoping the Sci-Fi channel will be pimping the series premier for a few weeks so I'll be able to catch it.

ZigZang

23. Re: problem Jan 17, 2005, 11:11 ZigZang

Are you overclocking / have heat issues? That seems to be the #1 cause of problems now, especially with some of the newer games.

I concur. Check to make sure your CPU fan is working. If overclocking, throttle it back to its original speed. Also, do you expeience spontaneous reboots while playing, if so its definatly a heating issue.

ZigZang

13. Battlestar Galactica Jan 17, 2005, 11:02 ZigZang

How is this show? I missed the first (and 2nd?) episode and I'm eager to catch up.  
ZigZang

12. Re: BS Jan 17, 2005, 11:00 ZigZang

Whoa whoa whoa...you go to Starbucks? That's very commercial of you. I thought you were all "anti-establishment"?

I must say I like the new JoeBlowski. His comments are always insightful, but historically a tad fringe aggressive? Recently, however, his posts are balanced and social. Joe, have you been taking your Lithium again?

ZigZang

News Comments > Tales of Alvin Maker Q&A
3. Alvin Maker Jan 17, 2005, 10:50 ZigZang

I've read the Ender series of books from OSC, but I'm not familiar with the Alvin Maker tales. Anyone read these want to share what the book(s) are about? Are they worth reading?  
ZigZang

16. Re: Follow Up from Yesterday: Elder Scr Jan 15, 2005, 16:10 ZigZang

Hey, I'm basically agreeing with you! Go for it.

Sorry if that sounded like a rebuttle, I didn't mean it that way. I was just adding my own $0.02. Perhaps someday, others in the industry might agree with us

ZigZang

8. Follow Up from Yesterday: Elder Scrolls Jan 15, 2005, 12:29 ZigZang

you just dont have the skills to manage a project, budget, payroll, etc. you need experience

I've managed very large, high profile projects with one of the largest consulting firms on the planet with as much or more complexity, risk, and engaged resources than game development could possibly entail, and I've done this for close to 10 years.

Given that 90% of games lose money maybe it's time they tried something different and brought people in from outside the industry. Why would the QA guy make a better choice than an existing Projects Manager? The only hurdle I see apart from the ingrained system would be having to deal with artistic temperaments. If I recall correctly Bethesda's parent company has pure gaming as a sideline to their multimedia operation. (plus one of their suits is married to Linda Carter, which is just too cool. I am a sad old man.)

It's interesting that most game developers view game development somehow different from "traditional" application development. Comments such as the creative process can't be structured, or its' an iterative process, etc. Well, guess what, traditional development is all that also. One of the most succesful game developers today, whose only two released games are considered (by many) to be the best games ever created (not my words) is Valve. Gabe was a successful developer with Microsoft and despite what you may think of MSoft, they are at the forefront of application development methodology. Gabe and co. didn't reinvent the wheel here and I'm sure they use many of the same approaches in game development that were learned at MSoft and look at what they've managed to produce.

It's my personal opinion that game developers can only benefit from what other developers have learned the hard way since the inception of team development.

ZigZang

News Comments > Help Wanted
9. Re: Elder Scrolls Jan 14, 2005, 23:38 ZigZang

you just dont have the skills to manage a project, budget, payroll, etc. you need experience

I've managed very large, high profile projects with one of the largest consulting firms on the planet with as much or more complexity, risk, and engaged resources than game development could possibly entail, and I've done this for close to 10 years. I'm not trying to sound conceited or diminish the obvious complexity of game development, but I fail to see how project management, budgeting, resource allocation, etc. skills for one don't apply to game development. I acknowledge that there are differences, but in every project I've ever done there are always differences.

Someone please tell me the difference, I just don't see it as insurmountable.

ZigZang

5. Re: Elder Scrolls Jan 14, 2005, 11:21 ZigZang

Apply anyway...

I appreciate the encouragement and you are right. I just need to keep at it.

ZigZang

2. Re: Elder Scrolls Jan 14, 2005, 10:48 ZigZang

I would really like to apply for the producers job, a job I really think I would excel at given my background, but I have zero game industry experience and I've been shot down so many times I'm certain they would never see through that to interview me. Bummer, man.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 10:49.

ZigZang

126. Re: Da Vinci code Jan 14, 2005, 10:32 ZigZang

There's a new hardback edition of the book that's illustrated, and helps show you the various pieces of art and architecture they're describing in the story. Very cool, and beats looking up stuff on the internet...

Was checking it out on Amazon. Saw the illustrated edition for $2 more, think I'll have to do that and pre-order Harry Potter's new book as well.

ZigZang

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo