Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Scott

Real Name Michael Scott   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rseman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Aussie game freak. Like most game genres, especially fps.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 19, 2000, 17:26
Total Comments 709 (Apprentice)
User ID 3272

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > SiN Episodes Details
10. Re: May 4, 2006, 14:23 Rseman

I've been going through HL2 again and I think they've updated some of the AI in there since I first played it. They're still painfully stupid, but not as bad as I recall.

Also, if you manage to keep four of them alive until you find more, the new guys will almost never follow with you. But if you kill one of your team so you're back with three, then you can pick the new guy or guys up.

I loved HL1, probably my fave FPS game ever, but the AI there was nothing to get excited about and some of them were even dumber than what you get in HL2. You could pop one of them with the crossbow and his mate still carried on movement indicating conversation with his dead buddy on the floor beside him. Then you popped him as well.

I think if you ran into areas and set off a trigger point for the game, you got some good battles. If you picked them off before that point, they were as dumb as the dumbest ever made IMO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
5. Re: May 3, 2006, 16:40 Rseman

I've read pretty much everything I've seen about this game. They interviewed Wedgwood from Splash a couple of months back and he said they were not implementing bots and doing everything they could to make it easy, yet fun and challenging for anyone to get into without allowing bots. He outlined a bit on how he thought bots were a bad thing and all this.

For me, no bots is a bad thing. But this game looks so awesomely good I'm going to forego my normal 'no sp, no buy' rule just this once. This game is sounding and looking like a must have.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: May 3, 2006, 16:07 Rseman

Thanks for that:)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: May 3, 2006, 15:36 Rseman

Since we're doing tech here as well today...

I bought a Windows Media Center system yesterday and can't find anywhere at google, microsoft, or trendmicro that mentions virus protection for Windows Medica Center Edition 2005.

Could someone please tell me if there is a specific VB I need for Media Center and, if so, who makes it?

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads Begin
20. Re: May 2, 2006, 12:01 Rseman

I agree. When I looked last night, I think it was $17.95 with the pre-order discount. I'd find it a lot easier to swallow if it was even $17.95 standard and $15.95 with the discount.

Still, I've grabbed SIN and will get this, too. I've never timed how long a game took in my life and don't plan to start. If at the end, I enjoyed it, then I'll be first in line for the next. If it's a dog, next time around I'll be more careful.

Noticed somewhere that Ritual mentioned maybe offering some sort of followup bonus/thankyou to those who pre-ordered, which would be cool. I'm of the opinion that Valve should be doing the same with Ep1 for those of us who opted for the Gold pack with HL2 and it probably wouldn't do them any harm to offer something to those who opted for the Silver, either. Not extra content, but a greater reduction for pre-ordering anything at all.

18. Re: May 2, 2006, 11:51 Rseman

I just did a quick conversion and you have it far better in the U.S. I'm paying $67.85 USD for what I'm getting.

15. Re: May 2, 2006, 11:31 Rseman

17mbps download, 256kbps upload and 20gigs... which goes in no time, after which, I get charged per mb:(

Here in Australia, they rape you with broadband prices. Me with my computer games and work, kids with the 360 downloading game demo's or videos and it's all gone in a flash. If I switch to an unlimited plan, they smack your speed down to less than 40kbps after 10gb, which is problematic for me and work.

This comment was edited on May 2, 11:36.

10. Re: May 2, 2006, 11:19 Rseman

I want to pre-order.... but I'm close to my monthly download limit and I'm not prepared to pay 70 cents per mb for this once I go over it, especially if it's going to be huge like Sin was.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
22. Re: May 2, 2006, 11:10 Rseman

Read the post from Rolphus for intelligent comment....anything from War on this topic is likely to lower your iq.;)

Message edited to counter my own stupidity;P
This comment was edited on May 2, 11:14.

6. Re: May 2, 2006, 11:01 Rseman

For anyone who has downloaded this, a headsup on what the size is would be nice, thanks.

Valve should be shot in the head for leaving this detail out of the system requirements.... and yes, I'm perfectly aware this will use assets from things I may or may not have already installed, but they should still offer some idea depending on what you already have loaded.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads
13. Re: Apr 29, 2006, 16:33 Rseman

I'll sometimes play a game through more than once. I recently got myself a videocard that supports HDR, so downloaded Lost Coast. After playing through that, I got curious trying to workout what area of the game they cut that from, so started through it all again. Still a lot of fun.

Also, when I first played it, I thought those teammates you got saddled with from Anticitzen One onwards, were the absolute dumbest deadshits ever put into a videogame and, yes, I did play Daikatana. Superfly had nothing on these idiots! This time around, they seem to be a little better. Wonder if Valve ever game them a few extra living tissue cells in one of those many updates that came through Steam;P

In any case, I'm looking forward to this. Have Sin pre-ordered and will get this downloading soon as it's available.

News Comments > Prey-orders & Prey Collector's Edition Announced
26. Re: Apr 29, 2006, 16:20 Rseman

At the time, they were the latest model 16x-Speed DVD drives from Samsung and Sony, although the Sony read at 16x and burned at 8x. Since that time, I've upgraded to the newer Sony which will burn DVD's at 16x and the same problem occurs.

I've always just assumed there was some minor difference in how they set up the lasers or whatever. Around the same time as I got those first two, I also got an Asus CDR-W drive and that was the most finicky fecker of a thing I ever got. I tried several brands of blank media before finding one it would burn to or read from.

24. Re: Apr 29, 2006, 14:56 Rseman

I got an OEM version of Win Pro x64 with all the new hardware I bought, so it can be got. It wasn't until a couple of days after I'd put it all together, that I recalled Win XP Pro 32 supporting multiple CPU's, which killed my idea of having to have x64.

As for the problem DVD drives and software. I think there are some variables to it. On this machine, I have both SONY and SAMSUNG DVD drives. So far, knocking on wood, whenever the SONY won't read one the SAMSUNG will and vice versa.

20. Re: Apr 29, 2006, 12:07 Rseman

For some reason, I got it into my head I needed the Win x64 to take adantage of DC CPU's. Everything on my new system is 64bit, so no problems there.

Thanks for the headsup.

18. Re: Apr 28, 2006, 21:44 Rseman

Sometime last year they mentioned this game was coming out with something akin to Steam. Anyone know if that is still the case with Prey?

Also, will this run out of the box on XP x64?

As for the DVD argument. I've seen a few DVD drives that fail to recognize a DVD but I can't recall ever having one fail to pickup a CD, so maybe it's still a more reliable format. In any case, it's not just this game. I had to pay more to get UT2K4, FEAR and Quake4 on DVD.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Apr 26, 2006, 17:48 Rseman

I went through a period where anything that shouldn't have been in my inbox, I added to junk mail and used that pain in the ass step of asking MSFT to jump on some asses over it. On the upside, I haven't gotten a single bit of spam for months.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Plans
8. Re: Apr 25, 2006, 13:59 Rseman

Methinks they've been reading the previews and checking out all the screenshots for Quake Wars.... this is EA's preemtive strike;P

News Comments > Ship Simulator 2006
4. Re: Apr 25, 2006, 13:56 Rseman

Back in the Amiga days, Ports of Call was a stack of fun... Whether or not it's realized with this game is another thing, but I think this has more potential than a lot of people might think.

News Comments > Prey Trailer, Demo Plans
14. Re: Apr 25, 2006, 03:22 Rseman

Forget the damn game!.... I want to know where he found a wife you can give orders to!....;P

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Apr 23, 2006, 09:55 Rseman

Well, some of us have managed to put together the money to buy the 360... of course, not all of us are spending most of our hard earned cash on etiquette lessons like yourself....

709 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo