Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2006, 00:48
Total Comments 271 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > GUNS and ROBOTS Open Beta Begins
3. Re: GUNS and ROBOTS Open Beta Begins Jan 25, 2013, 00:14 Keith

Although the download for this is super-slow so I haven't been able to try it, the concept sounds cool and the videos looked pretty solid. A little tongue-in-cheek, a little mayhem. Add robots, guns, and farm animals and I'm at least going to give it a whirl.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron XP Boost
1. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron XP Boost Jan 15, 2013, 12:10 Keith

Too bad they couldn't put any effort into adding customizable controls. Opportunity wasted.  

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Founder Editions Released
1. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Founder Editions Released Jan 8, 2013, 22:20 Keith

Great. A MOBA. Too bad.  

News Comments > Gas Powered Countdown
6. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 11:44 Keith

I actually liked Demigod. Admittedly it didn't evolve into what it was hoped to be, but it was still a fun romp when playing against the AI. What is more concerning to me is the transition from Supreme Commander to Supreme Commander 2. SC 1 captured the essence of Total Annihilation, in my opinion, where SC 2 was like a post-Thanksgiving turd. Glad is came out, but really just wanted to flush and forget it.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Dec 19, 2012, 04:05 Keith

I'm not sure why anyone would see the Stalker as OP. I played a few games in my shiny new one and it was fun, but nothing particularly earth-shattering. I also went a few rounds in Yen-Lo Wang and my Catapult and didn't seem to have any trouble fighting the Stalker.
As far as weapon groupings go, I think you are way over-simplifying the issue. Yes, they stay in the groups once you make them. However, add in that the process is more confusing and difficult than it should be, frequent weapons change outs, and having to do it at the start of an actual battle rather than in the mech bay or somewhere more appropriate, and it's just silly. Sure, it's doable, but why wouldn't you make it user friendly? It is functional, but not one single iota more.

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Dec 19, 2012, 01:24 Keith

Still in beta. Open though, so anyone can play.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store
3. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 18, 2012, 23:59 Keith

I'd like to see another Unreal game. Preferably one with a single player component. I liked the original Unreal, and Unreal 2 was OK. Played the hell out of UT and even still have UT3 installed. I wonder how well the original holds up by modern standards. I see it on sale every once and a while on Steam and think I should take a run through just of nostalgias sake.  

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Dec 18, 2012, 23:55 Keith

I really like that the Stalker has been included. One of my favorite designs from the old table-top days. Never could play it well, of course, but one of the modules or something featured a graphic of a STK-3K Stalker smashing through a wall to get to the 'mech on the other side. Good stuff. I am still dissapointed in M:O though. They still have the worst weapon grouping system on the planet, bar none, and practically no immersion. Graphics are improving slightly, but the store is improving significantly. Seems a bit odd to me, but I'm not their accountant.  

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Signups
3. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Signups Dec 12, 2012, 14:07 Keith

I still don't understand why they haven't released a patch that adds configurable controls to either of the Transformers games. Possibly they are just trying to avoid me buying both. Which is working, I hasten to add.  

News Comments > Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale
9. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 14:05 Keith

Sweet! Loved it back in the day and all that. Had some good single-player content, rocking multiplayer (rocket pack + detonators = awesome fun), and more mods that you can shake a long stick at. Add in FREE and you have yourself a winner!

Now where the hell are the Homeworld & Myth series, damnit?

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Dec 4, 2012, 21:45 Keith

Still chugging along with this. Playing last week was a little better. Seems they've changed some of the damage models or something. I still hate the weapon grouping method, which is just flat retarded, and think there is too little immersion, but hopefully these things will be addressed.  

News Comments > Elemental - Fallen Enchantress Map Pack
1. Re: Elemental - Fallen Enchantress Map Pack Dec 4, 2012, 21:42 Keith

I really dig the ideas behind FE, but everytime I play I get bored in about 30 minutes. The few times I've struggled through, I just run into a bunch of AI random encounters that a mega-hard and will take hours and hours to build a force powerful enough (in experience and troops) to even have a chance of fighting. Turns out this isn't much like Age of Wonders, which is what I was really hoping for.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 11:44 Keith

Picked this up at the last Steam sale. One of those games that I'd like to see be successful yet knowing that it was released as a total POS thus hindering the chances of that happening.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
14. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 17:55 Keith

Picked up Chivalry, Great Big Wargame, and Knights of the Old Republic 2. KoTOR 2 was pretty much a no-brainer, the other two look pretty solid.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 00:16 Keith

To be fair, an introduction plays while the game is loading and the "angry drill sargeant" explains you are going in to a hostile drop zone. I was a fan of Planetside, and this seems to be more of the same, only improved. It's just no smooth for me at the moment. I will see an enemy, then they are two feet over, then I am dead. I am on a cable modem, and don't have framerate issues with other games, so perhaps some optimazations will come along and help resolve this.  

News Comments > Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched
1. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 8, 2012, 00:13 Keith

How is it? Big fan of Age of Wonders series, not so much Civ series. Couldn't tell which one this was more like.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2012, 00:19.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 18:35 Keith

It should be noted that George stated he won't make any more any more Star Wars films. So, if nothing else, we will get to see more. And as a product of the Star Wars-era, almost anything is better than nothing. He is reportedly a bit of a tightwad over the extended universe, too, keeping the reins close on what can be done and how. I fully respect canon, but can also appreciate a little artistic license. I want to see some super-star destroyers ripping an alliance fleet to pieces while swarms of fighters pour around the battlefield, blowing ships and esape capsules out of the proverbial sky.
While I agree that I haven't thought any recent SW games were worth a damn and they don't seem to be commercially successful, it is stil the Star Wars universe. Any reasonably competent nit-wit should be able to make a SW game that sells well because it is fun and has super-star destroyers. Or AT-ATs. Or both. And as we all know, SW has proven to be a cash cow. Therefore, someone will figure it out and we will see a new SW game. So says Nostradamus.
Edit: URL to NY Times article about George not making any more SW films was too long. Going to have to find it yourself.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2012, 11:29 Keith

I suppose if any of LA's last few games had been worth a damn and sold to anyone other than fervent Star Wars fans LA would be able to demonstrate profitability. I don't know if Mr. Iger has some sort of personal vendetta against publishing, but I do know that successful businessmen go where the money leads them.
Considering their track record, do you really think 1313 is the product that is going to make or break LA?
In any event, anyone other than Lucas holding the rights to Star Wars is a good thing. Can anyone make a worse trilogy than Episodes 1-3? Can any character be worse than Jar Jar Binks? I think not. See you George!

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
1. Re: World of Tanks Patched Oct 31, 2012, 16:01 Keith

Really wish the Mechwarrior Online Devs would take some time on WoT. The visceral experience of having your tank crash through a building, smashing into an enemy and knocking it about, and then putting a 105mm round through the commander's hatch just can not be beat. Sure they are two different games, genres, experiences, etc., etc., but the "cool" factor in WoT is just plain missing from M:O.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 29, 2012, 20:53 Keith

There is no SP component at the moment. My understanding is there won't ever be a SP component. I updated to the latest version, hoping there would be some improvements. While there were a couple cosmetic fixes, nothing worth mentioning. Still feels like a clunky FPS. The weapons grouping is probably the worst in Mech game history. The restrictions on weapons, while understandable, make customizing your 'mech really something more of an idea than something you can really do. Once you hit the field, if your team isn't tight on tactics, the match is pretty much decided, unless the other team is totally inept. One fast mover getting to your base gives about a minute until you lose. Often you will see a team group up and head out, then try to make a mad dash back to their base to keep it from being destroyed. Graphically, it's still rough, and highly subject to lag, so little scout 'mechs will get under the big guys, or on their back side, and just take pot-shots at the thinner rear armor. This is kind of how it is supposed to work, admittedly, but not this much and not this bad. Half the team tries missile gunboats while the other is all medium lasers. Sure some try to have variation, but really there is no point unless you are a) strictly canon, b) a martyr, c) don't mind losing a lot, or d) just don't know how to play well. I have spent some time and try to post suggestions on the forums, but usually you get a bunch of responses like "it's just you", or "I love it", that don't seem all that constructive.  

271 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo