Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2006, 00:48
Total Comments 294 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced
6. Re: Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced Mar 26, 2013, 15:17 Keith

The gameplay looks kind of cool; like you are sitting around a table back in the day. I will also have to add my vote to the "too bad about the graphics" list. I don't necerssarily think graphics are the be-all and end-all, but jesus, 8-bit sucked even when it was all there was. Why would you go back?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Marvel Heroes in June
6. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 19:58 Keith

I was looking forward to this until I watched some gameplay videos. Looks less like a traditional MMO and more Diablo-esque. While I liked Diablo, it was hard for me to stick with it for too long. Got repetetive fast and the basic isometric gameplay just killed any sense of immersion. Too bad as I was looking forward to, ah, adventuring with the Black Widow.....  

News Comments > Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Announced
4. Re: Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Announced Mar 21, 2013, 21:11 Keith

Would be nice if they amped up the single player experience too. Something along the lines of the Microprose game, where you conquered the world map, gained province bonuses and the like. Admittedly the computer AI just isn't up to human standards, but it was still fun. The limited availability of cards in this iteration of Duels is what keeps it from being my go-to Magic game. Magic: Online is solid, but a horrible interface, even with the new-new version.  

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
10. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 23:39 Keith

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:44:
Wonder if Gearbox sent Maxis a thank you card?

Awesome! +1 rep for you, good sir!

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
1. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 21:15 Keith

I'll probabably get to try this patch out when the price of A:CM drops to $5 in the Steam Christmas sale.

Too little, too late.

News Comments > Final Defiance Beta Event Next Week
5. Re: Final Defiance Beta Event Next Week Mar 14, 2013, 19:37 Keith

Screw third-person. In addition to not liking 3rd person, it basically screams "console port".  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2013, 00:05 Keith

I don't think they'd even be able to give those crappy Game of Thrones games away.  

News Comments > Dogs of War Online Announced
1. Re: Dogs of War Online Announced Mar 7, 2013, 23:26 Keith

The Confrontation game seems pretty damned cool. I don't think many sit down for good old fashioned tabletop stuff anymore, so I like to see these conversions to PC. I am looking forward to seeing more of this as it progresses.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 5, 2013, 21:13 Keith

The offline mode should be a huge help. MWO has been getting better and better each update. Really would like to see some changes for weapons grouping (in the mechlab) and some destructible environment features (ala World of Tanks; trees, fences, etc.). I also am not a big fan of some of the hardpoint options on some of the mechs. I'd really like to have a LRM on each shoulder and large pulse lasers on each arm of my Stalker, plus heat sinks and ammo to support them. With the current hardpoint system, I end up with the layout of weapons being weird. Even if it's mostly cosmetic, I'd like to see either adjustable hardpoints or more custom configuration options.  

News Comments > TimeGate Layoffs
8. Re: TimeGate Layoffs Mar 5, 2013, 00:25 Keith

First, I think Randy's comment was spot-on. I can probably decide in less than 2 seconds if I would have sex with a woman or not.

Second, I really liked Timegate's other projects, the Kohan series and Section 8. It's a shame that they have to lay people off. Always bad new. Considering the mess that is Aliens, it's hard to be too sympathetic to any company that attached their shingle to that POS.

News Comments > Petroglyph's Victory Revealed
9. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 19:39 Keith

Petroglyph's track record with me has been less than stellar. First was the mediocre, Empire At War. If it hadn't been for the Star Wars license, this dog wouldn't have made it out the kennel. Second was Universe At War. Another barker that received some pretty impessive hype before launch and then got dropped like a hot potato once the release came out. Third, Battle for Graxia; a lot of wanna-be and just a smidgen of "meh" equals another pound puppy. I would love to see a golden hit for these guys. Even those droppers I mentioned had some excellent ideas. They just couldn't be brought to fruition. Even worse, they didn't receive much after release support. In and of itself, that makes me reluctant to give them another shot.  

News Comments > New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium
14. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 26, 2013, 03:42 Keith

This is one of those franchises, like Duke 3D, that you wonder how someone could just F-up so badly. I dig RTS games, but every time I tried to play something past Generals I just thought "oh my... here's one I won't be buying". But I tried and tried, usually picking them up at some Steam sale where they were only $2. And I still felt cheated. Not at the cost, but at the time I spent anxiously waiting for it to install only to spend a hour with it and go "yep, I was right. Sucks big time."  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 22, 2013, 21:56 Keith

Seems like Gamespy being closed should warrant a much more spectacular send off. Gamespy has been an avid sponsor of all things gaming for decades now. Seems sad that all they warrant is a couple of links and a "so long, thanks for all the fish".  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 20, 2013, 22:35 Keith

I picked up XCom as well. GMG transactions wouldn't go through for me until I called my credit card company and authorized them specifically. I think the problem is that I'm in the US and they are a European vendor. $16 was too good a price to pass up.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Impire
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Impire Feb 14, 2013, 22:30 Keith

Steam posts seem to be mostly positive. Apparently there are some difficulties selecting groups, or controlling groups or some such. I was holding out on the pre-order for this. The description sounds some much like Dungeon Keeper that it sounded like a clone. Forums posts by the developers indicated there were some DK elements, but it also had elements of Dawn of War. Both high quality titles but I don't know how good the match up would be.  

News Comments > Battlezone II Beta Patch Re-enables Multiplayer Matchmaking
2. Re: Battlezone II Beta Patch Re-enables Multiplayer Matchmaking Feb 14, 2013, 00:45 Keith

I really thought Battlezone and Battlezone II were great titles. Multiplayer was sort of meh, but they were in the late 90's when almost everything had sort of meh multi-player. Gameplay was wicked cool though.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army Revealed
4. Re: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army Revealed Feb 14, 2013, 00:42 Keith

Gah. More zombies?  

News Comments > Age of Wonders 3 Revealed
1. Re: Age of Wonders 3 Revealed Feb 6, 2013, 21:05 Keith

The preview trailer doesn't show a whole lot, but this has been my favorite turn-based series since the original AoW. Top notch, in my book. It will probably be on my pre-order list when they give some additional doo-dad. Wiz portraits or some such.  

News Comments > Hitman Movie Reboot Plans
15. Re: Hitman Movie Reboot Plans Feb 6, 2013, 12:21 Keith

I really like the Hitman movie. Thought Timothy Olyphant acted it pretty good; all straight faced when checking out hot chicks or killing evil henchmen. Only problem I had with the movie was when they were in the Russian train station. The conversation would have gone something like this"
"So the guy has a tattoo on his neck, right?"
"Da"
"Ok, so stop everyone with a tattoo on their neck."

News Comments > McDROID and Demo Released
2. Re: McDROID and Demo Released Feb 6, 2013, 12:17 Keith

Tried the demo. Seems like a fun little title. You basically start with a "McDroid" and some hardpoints to upgrade with weapons. You can research upgrades for the weapons hardpoints as well as your McDroid (better armor, faster repair speed, and the like). Has a bit of the ol' tongue in cheek humor, too, just to keep things going.  

294 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo