Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2006, 00:48
Total Comments 283 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Act of Aggression
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Act of Aggression Sep 2, 2015, 18:07 Keith

Seen some pretty good reviews and so far I've played it via my pre-order a bit. It does harken (ahem) back to the "golden age" of RTS games, but there are some little things that seem to stick me in the eye, like selecting buildings, or choosing the different tiers. Just doesn't seem as intuitive as it could be. Hopefully it will be a success. I would like to see more classic RTS style games on the market.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
22. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 11:40 Keith

This seems like someone saying "I didn't get what I want, when I wanted it, so I am going to tie you up in legal action until you tell me what I want to hear and how I want to hear it".
It's a shame that age doesn't make one grow up.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2015, 15:32 Keith

I used a 33% off last week to pre-order Star Wars Battlefields. Pretty much a must buy. Hope it doesn't suck.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 14:42 Keith

I like PA in concept, but never really felt it was a finished product. As a result, I won't be adding more funds to the pot. Too bad. Such promise.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
25. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 09:28 Keith

Got the launcher. Had to disable antivirus as it believed the launch file to be a virus. Downloaded this portion of the game, took about 45 minutes via cable. Launched. Brings you to an apparently empty (except for your faceless, bodiless self) hanger. Moved towards the exit. Game froze. CTRL-ALT-DELETE to get out of it. Retried. Same thing. Rebooted, retried. Same thing. Deleted until further improvements.  

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
13. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 9, 2015, 18:02 Keith

I think this looks pretty good as well. One of the devs was replying to posts on the Steam forum. Seems the team is small and improvements are slow going. Once they add remappable keys, I'm in!  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Testing New Engine
6. Re: Anarchy Online Testing New Engine Jun 20, 2015, 21:12 Keith

Really liked AO back in the day so I downloaded the upgraded engine and took it for a spin. While I don't think graphics are king, this looks like a nasty little troll that someone kicked in the face. To add insult to injury, in order to reminisce with my old characters, Funcom wanted me to hand out $14.99 for a month. Who charges that much anymore? I'm all for rebooting this game, but a graphic update should at least be palatable and the prices should reflect the current market, imo. Good look to them.  

News Comments > Toy Soldiers: War Chest Adds More Toy Soldiers
3. Re: Toy Soldiers: War Chest Adds More Toy Soldiers Jun 11, 2015, 00:46 Keith

Too bad the games blow. Would be a must buy otherwise.  

News Comments > Dark Future: Blood Red States Announced
1. Re: Dark Future: Blood Red States Announced May 23, 2015, 13:45 Keith

Seriously, who doesn't want a missile launcher for those pesky OJ-style chases?
Here's to hoping this doesn't suck like every other combat car game set in a post-apocalyptic future.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
3. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 9, 2015, 18:17 Keith

This looks really bad ass. Although I'm not a MOBA fan, I think I'll still give this a shot. It's free and I really liked the effort Ironclad put in to the Sins of a Solar Empire series.  

News Comments > Endless Legend - Guardians Released
1. Re: Endless Legend - Guardians Released Apr 30, 2015, 00:58 Keith

The time I spent with this was enjoyable. Glad to see it receiving an expansion.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo
10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 24, 2015, 01:29 Keith

This does look good. Considering the track record of Petroglyph however, I'm going to have to wait for a price drop before I plop my money down (even if it's just some of the team members from Petro).  

News Comments > Magic 2015 Expansion Next Month; All Cards to be Earnable
1. Re: Magic 2015 Expansion Next Month; All Cards to be Earnable Oct 21, 2014, 21:11 Keith

Too much to keep up with. Which expansion are we on? I suspect the Magic 20XX series has been enough of a cash cow to inhibit the release of a Duels of the Planeswalker-like single player experience. That's what I'd really like to see. Custom decks with all available cards (or most of them, at any rate), with an AI that didn't suck too bad.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
19. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 12:54 Keith

AoEO was pretty fun, imo. I played the hell out of the PvE. The PvP didn't interest me much, but I liked getting all the high-end gear for my little computerized armies. I even bought all the expansions. Shame to see it go down.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rush for Glory
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rush for Glory Jun 17, 2014, 21:42 Keith

I had the exact same thoughts. I like both properties, but the rip-offs do seem a little blatant...  

News Comments > Transformers Universe Trailer
1. Re: Transformers Universe Trailer Feb 7, 2014, 13:59 Keith

Nice trailer. Too bad they went MOBA/MOTA with this. Would love to see a proper Transformers MMO. Roll out!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Horizon
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Horizon Feb 7, 2014, 13:56 Keith

It does look interesting. I was thinking about it until I read the Steam forums. Usually I'm not a big fan of those forums because there is so much idiocy. However, there were a few posts that seemed well thought out that indicated the release is not ready for prime time and the beta had considerable amount of problems. Those posters indicated it was so buggy as to be un-fun. Also quite a few comments about the crappy UI. I am definitely sympathetic to that complaint, considering so many recent 4X games have suffered from the same problem.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire Jan 30, 2014, 22:30 Keith

I think it's pretty well done. If you like TBS games likes this, this is probably the best one to come out recently. Since the add-on packs are designed to add a fair amount of content and there are several planned, I would imagine the game will last for a couple of years, at least. The base game is a freebie, so just give it a shot.  

News Comments > Conquest of Champions Beta
1. Re: Conquest of Champions Beta Jan 29, 2014, 23:41 Keith

I'll try to keep an eye on this one. PoxNora was well supported, even if it wasn't quite my style. This looks like a CCG/PoxNora hybrid, which might suit my tastes better.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics
2. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Jan 20, 2014, 19:48 Keith

Actually looks pretty good. I like the whole command line- menu set up. Looks like it will be fairly intuitive and easy to use.

Jeesh- hate to miss the opportunity to say something about 3000AD though. So something something Battlecruiser.

283 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo