Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keith

Real Name Keith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2006, 00:48
Total Comments 270 (Amateur)
User ID 31737

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
19. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 12:54 Keith

AoEO was pretty fun, imo. I played the hell out of the PvE. The PvP didn't interest me much, but I liked getting all the high-end gear for my little computerized armies. I even bought all the expansions. Shame to see it go down.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rush for Glory
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rush for Glory Jun 17, 2014, 21:42 Keith

I had the exact same thoughts. I like both properties, but the rip-offs do seem a little blatant...  

News Comments > Transformers Universe Trailer
1. Re: Transformers Universe Trailer Feb 7, 2014, 13:59 Keith

Nice trailer. Too bad they went MOBA/MOTA with this. Would love to see a proper Transformers MMO. Roll out!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Horizon
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Horizon Feb 7, 2014, 13:56 Keith

It does look interesting. I was thinking about it until I read the Steam forums. Usually I'm not a big fan of those forums because there is so much idiocy. However, there were a few posts that seemed well thought out that indicated the release is not ready for prime time and the beta had considerable amount of problems. Those posters indicated it was so buggy as to be un-fun. Also quite a few comments about the crappy UI. I am definitely sympathetic to that complaint, considering so many recent 4X games have suffered from the same problem.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire Jan 30, 2014, 22:30 Keith

I think it's pretty well done. If you like TBS games likes this, this is probably the best one to come out recently. Since the add-on packs are designed to add a fair amount of content and there are several planned, I would imagine the game will last for a couple of years, at least. The base game is a freebie, so just give it a shot.  

News Comments > Conquest of Champions Beta
1. Re: Conquest of Champions Beta Jan 29, 2014, 23:41 Keith

I'll try to keep an eye on this one. PoxNora was well supported, even if it wasn't quite my style. This looks like a CCG/PoxNora hybrid, which might suit my tastes better.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics
2. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Jan 20, 2014, 19:48 Keith

Actually looks pretty good. I like the whole command line- menu set up. Looks like it will be fairly intuitive and easy to use.

Jeesh- hate to miss the opportunity to say something about 3000AD though. So something something Battlecruiser.

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
7. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 14:00 Keith

I think Gearbox has done pretty well with their games and IPs. I am not all too interested in a collector's edition for a premium cost, but I would still shell out $20-30 for Homeworld HD.  

News Comments > Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern
9. Re: Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern Dec 20, 2013, 18:53 Keith

I have a founder's as well. I played pretty regularly until the "major update", and then it sucked. Based on the posts I read, the update was Mark Kern's idea, as the game wasn't fulfilling his vision. While I can respect that, I also thought the update sucked, so I'm not sure if I agreed with his vision. Maybe this will bring a welcome change to the game.  

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
18. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 23:02 Keith

"Are we playing the same game? M&K is the primary control method and it works fine..."

Not sure what you consider "fine", but according to the dev & player posts I have read the controls are almost the same (UI changes mostly) as the previous iteration. Basically trying to fly is either the retarded mouse-cursor follow or the crappy, unresponsive non-cursor style that feels like you are flying through molasses at 1/2 speed.

And apparently I have forgotten how to quote (the edit).

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2013, 23:19.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
10. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 20:38 Keith

I'm going to pass on this one since they still haven't made it reasonable to fly with a mouse & keyboard. I just don't understand the reluctance since this is a SP game.

Plus, it doesn't sound like much of an improvement to the previous X game. Can't see why anyone wouldn't wait for the obligatory Steam sale.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Ends in December
4. Re: Warhammer Online Ends in December Sep 18, 2013, 22:33 Keith

This started off pretty strong but never got much better. Still, shame to see a MMO go down. Many people put a significant amount of time into them.  

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 21:30 Keith

I've been playing since the early betas and there has been a fair amount of improvement. It has been fun, although extremely limited by the lack of a well functioning mission system and a super-retarded upgrade path. Or paths, since they have changed it significantly a couple times. I like the idea of crafting improvements (most similar to Anarchy Online, imo), but the implementation was nothing short of epic suck. Still, it keeps me coming back once in a while, so there's got to be something going for it.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Open Beta
8. Re: Silent Hunter Online Open Beta Sep 16, 2013, 19:17 Keith

Graphics look pretty good, especially for a browser game. I spent some time and tried the walkthrough; was solid and easy to understand. Shit is free... why the whining?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 12, 2013, 23:09 Keith

So far it's been a fun game. Plenty of room to expand, too.  

News Comments > BattleForge Closing After Next Month
9. Re: BattleForge Closing After Next Month Sep 7, 2013, 19:37 Keith

Too bad. I really like BattleForge. It's RTS/CCG hybrid play was done the best out of any so far (and there haven't been that many). Plus I have spent some good money on it. I'd still say I got my money out of it, but it's a shame with virtual goods like this that the only thing I will have left is a few memories. At least with real products I can still glance at them on the dusty shelf and reminisce fondly.  

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
48. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 18:52 Keith

I keep trying to get into this, but the crappy control scheme, particularly the inability to fly well with the keyboard + mouse, makes it impossible for me. I followed the X forums for a while, hoping it would be addressed after seeing so many complaints about it, but nothing. Considering it's a single player game, you'd think they would try harder to cater to a potential audience.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Citadels
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Citadels Jul 26, 2013, 23:01 Keith

Looks pretty good and I really like the idea of the gameplay. No demo, so no sale until there are either quite a few positive reviews or a solid demo.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Preorders
10. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 17:07 Keith

How can you tell Founder's have "left in droves"? Do you have the app for that? I am usually skeptical, and my previous posts regarding MWO support that I am not always a fan of the development team's decisions (for example, machine guns should not be killing 'mechs- ever), but overall they have been delivering the goods in the form of content updates and feature additions. Yes, they do have a tendency to try and suck the $$$ out of players, as evidenced by the ridiculous artillery and air-support items, but even then I didn't have to buy them and they didn't diminish my ability to enjoy or be effective in game.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Preorders
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 00:03 Keith

MWO has made some pretty significant progress the past few months. Although I am a Founder, I am also going to pick up the Phoenix package. The Phoenix package, in fact, seems to be loads better than the Founders pack. As part of the top-end package, you get a premium Battlemaster and a Thunderbolt; two of my favorite original 'mechs. I'm not normally a big PvP fan, but I have really grown to like it in MWO and World of Tanks (WoT).  

270 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo