Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zarkov

Real Name Zarkov   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 9, 2006, 11:36
Total Comments 55 (Suspect)
User ID 31265

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
7. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jul 1, 2015, 16:44 Zarkov

I hope they add some more requirements on players before heists can be started.

Not talking about anything difficult or grindy, just basic stuff like knowing how to land a chopper, switch to missiles, etc. Knowing that heavy armor, once purchased and used, greatly reduces the risk of failure. Also, maybe not add level 1 players via auto invite, since they will either get kicked or die (9 times out of 10).

But the real stinker is the lobby system. Tried to join a lobby that was full? Bummer, obviously we immediately disconnected your current session before checking, so now it's 30 seconds of loading time before you can do anything..

The lobby chat window has room for two messages.

Lobby and world chat is in the same window.

The text is hidden like 3 seconds after showing it.

Text sent to "team" while in a lobby appears to be voided.

Thank goodness we got the firework rocket launcher to solve all this!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
9. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 15:43 Zarkov

Krovven wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 14:45:
If you find some way in a game like this to exploit a mechanic that is obviously unintended, if you do not stop it, then suffer the consequences.
Of course, a rollback may be needed if things get out of hand before the developers have a fix ready. Removing player accounts is something completely different, however.

I think Blizzard has a tone in their comment that is completely wrong.

Obviously I'm fully aware that it is allowed for them to ban players, which is what I disagree with.

4. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 14:21 Zarkov

dubfanatic wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 14:05:
I can tell you've never worked on a large-scale software project before.
Never on a project large enough to suddenly have users be responsible for bugs.

1. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 13:48 Zarkov

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it should be possible (or even legal) to ban players / remove accounts for exploiting a bug in a game, regardless of the circumstances.

Hacks are one thing (network packet or memory manipulation etc.) but bug exploits are the fault of the game developers, no one else.

(no, I didn't get banned, haven't played D3 in months)

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
28. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 14, 2015, 04:05 Zarkov

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:47:
Be aware that the normal game, even fully patched, doesn't allow you to get to 100%. There is a mod out there that restores a few missing things which are needed.

I believe on the normal game you can only get to 99.7 or 99.8%
If that bug still exists to this day, it should mean jail time for devs and publisher.

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
11. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 13:18 Zarkov

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 12:21:
Is StarCitizen now the most profitable game never made?
GTA 5 made one billion in 3 days (and currently holds seven different Guinness world records).

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
37. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 11:53 Zarkov

Acleacius wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 21:15:
Too bad dayz isn't smart enough to have a Coop PvE switch option for servers, they could own the market.
+1, shut up and take my money.

Though for some odd reason, the mere mentioning of PvE in combination with DayZ seems to be like swearing in church.

News Comments > World of Speed Announced
9. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 10, 2014, 16:12 Zarkov

Not sure if it's the speeds that make you dizzy, or the low framerates in that video. :/

Is that a Youtube limitation? Looks like barely 20 FPS in some scenes.

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
21. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 13:13 Zarkov

Kristian Joensen wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 10:34:
The way I read the Norwegian text is that it costs 1274 NOK if you buy it using store credit. In other words if you borrow the money from komplett.no you end up paying 1274 NOK(~212 USD) in total(price of game + interest + fees).
That's correct. The site automatically gives you the details for a purchase using monthly payments. This becomes ridiculous for cheaper products due to the fixed fees (such as 10 CD-R disks for 900 NOK instead of the cash price of 59 NOK).

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
22. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 14:36 Zarkov

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 14:07:
I bought an xbox just for GTA4.
I actually had plans to buy a console just for that game as well, but seeing it in a store on a PS3 with choppy graphics turned me off in a major way. Still not sure if it was some PAL/NTSC problems or what the heck was happening, silky smooth it was not.

It's a bit concerning that it's still the same old consoles this time around.

I can still remember the light nausea caused by driving motorcycles through alleys in San Andreas on a PS2 with about 15 FPS...

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
14. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 14:01 Zarkov

nin wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 13:16:
Yeah, I was just thinking some folks thought 4 was too easy. It was the first one I was able to finish, I'll say that.

Well, here's hoping they stick to somewhat easier missions than the nightmares of the earlier games.

Otherwise, with all the random stuff going on, we're back to repeating frustrating stuff tirelessly with zero mistakes until you get the blessing of the RNG to proceed.

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
11. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Jan 14, 2012, 08:54 Zarkov

Frijoles wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 14:59:
They don't really want to login since they're bored, but there's nothing else to play. That and they have a huge amount of time invested in their characters, so they don't want to quit.

The cost of playing a MMO has nothing to do with the subscription fee.

News Comments > Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming
13. Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming Dec 14, 2011, 17:07 Zarkov

I hope they add some method of tracking down government installations (given the setup is fairly similar in the next game). Maybe bribing locals to let you know where they are or something similar.

Or maybe it was just me who sort of hit a wall trying to reach 100%...

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 4M; MineCon & Version 1.0 Approach
13. Re: Minecraft Sells 4M; MineCon & Version 1.0 Approach Nov 7, 2011, 15:40 Zarkov

Donkey_Punch wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 12:46:
Ah cool. It has moved on the website and been modified but the promise pretty much stands. Nice find. Thanks.

I bought the game back in alpha 1.2-something, and I'm fairly certain that wording has been the same since then at least.

To those who are surprised about the 4M sales, this is just the result of filling a gap in what games were available, and doing that pretty well too.

I'd be very surprised if there isn't commercial (AAA) alternatives being created right now using faster and better (non-Java) engines.

It's actually not that the graphics must improve, however the rendering capacity isn't that good right now with heavy initial pop-ups, limited viewing distance, limited map height etc.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:48 Zarkov

Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:36:
Will every building be enter-able? Of course not, unless you want the game to take 20 years, cost $5,000 and ship on 80 Blu Ray discs.
The Frontier (Elite 2) universe contained about 100 billion star systems, was coded by one person in assembly language, and the uncompressed executable weighed in at about 400kB. Just sayin.

Sure, bit of apples and oranges here, but Frontier was released 18 years ago. Imagine if that technology had advanced as much as texture sizes and polygon counts...

News Comments > Syndicate Gameplay Trailer
23. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 16:30 Zarkov

Overon wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 12:11:
Does any game have any original or even semi original ideas anymore?

I think there are plenty of original ideas out there. The problem is the same as were seeing with movies now - it's less risky to refurbish something that people are familiar with, than to try something brand new. The development cost of an AAA title is so large, that a complete sales failure closes the curtains on many game studios.

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
11. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 25, 2011, 17:57 Zarkov

Frijoles wrote on Jun 25, 2011, 15:53:
I'd give this to my friend, but that'd make me feel like a crack dealer.

I would never recommend anyone to start playing a progress-based MMO, for the same reason.

News Comments > Duke Nukem History of a Legend 3
3. Re: Duke Nukem History of a Legend 3 Jun 22, 2011, 15:45 Zarkov

Having played through the game, I don't think it's that horrendous after all. Not fantastic, but not really awful either.

The only real mystery I see when it comes to the game design, is the two weapon limit. Memory constraints on consoles or something? Either way, it undeniably lessens the game.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 19, 2011, 16:23 Zarkov

Battlefield 3 to run in 720p, 30fps on consoles

At least you know it wont run smoothly before you buy it. But it should mean it will perform pretty good in higher resolutions on a decent PC.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2009, 15:53 Zarkov

every achievement in any video game is a non-achievement

Getting 100% on Through the fire and flames on expert in GH3 is probably a bigger achievement than getting the Nobel peace prize.

55 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo