Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ben

Real Name Ben   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2006, 22:50
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 31032

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Bully Re-TMed
8. Re: Bully Re-TMed Jul 31, 2013, 11:53 Ben

Bully was a great game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rambo Trailer
20. Re: Rambo Trailer Jul 11, 2013, 23:36 Ben

I guess I am in the extreme minority here, but I think this looks pretty damn cool! And the visuals do not look that bad. If the gameplay ends up being decent, I will give it a chance.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 14:40 Ben

Everyone and their opinions... Well, here's mine. ARMA 2 is an awesome military game (and there are plenty of positive reviews for it). Operation Flashpoint was epic, and I have enjoyed all their games since. I personally think that the Day Z mod is nowhere near as cool as the actual game itself. I find it amazing how everyone is so interested in anything that involves zombies. I don't find it that interesting myself.

Teddy wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 13:14:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 02:11:
I was kind of confused as to why the sales numbers were so high for Arma II, when the reviews were mediocre at best. Does everybody just buy this game for the mods available?

Good thing others decided to act like jackasses instead of just answering a simple question. Welcome to the internet indeed.

Yes. The game in and of itself is VERY mediocre and earned those reviews. If you're thinking about getting it, do NOT waste your money on just the base game, it's practically worthless as none of the worthwhile mods function without the expansion (Operation Arrowhead, not this new one), and the base game itself isn't worth playing at all if you ask me.

Both the game and it's first expansion combined have some nice mods that fix a lot of the problems in the game, and most recently DayZ is fast becoming a phenomenon, as a sort of sandbox survival-horror fps. It's rough, but it has a ton of potential and can lead to some very cool interaction with other players (most of whom you can't trust).

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
26. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 14:27 Ben

You guys are too harsh. The game was entertaining. I think some people have forgotten what the original Duke 3D was actually like. Many of you are probably too young to have even played it.  

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Preorder Beta
5. Re: Take On Helicopters Preorder Beta Oct 5, 2011, 13:50 Ben

No. They are the guys that have some of the best customer support in the business. They don't release and abandon their games like others do.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patch
19. Re: Far Cry 2 Patch Dec 18, 2008, 15:04 Ben

Perhaps the next patch will make it like a whole new game... one that doesn't completely suck. Sadly, the game is a hardcore dud.  

News Comments > ArmA: Combat Operations Online Sales
9. Re: hmmm Apr 17, 2007, 22:58 Ben

Semper Fi.

News Comments > Gold - ArmA: Combat Operations
19. Re: Nice game Apr 14, 2007, 18:32 Ben

They really didn't dumb down the helicopter controls. They are improved over OFP and are actually somewhat more realistic, especially if you use a joystick or gamepad (Xbox controller works great).

And one nice thing about the tanks is how if you're the commander, and issue movement orders, you can very accurately control where you're headed. It's very smooth compared to how it was in OFP.

And keep in mind, it is an infantry simulation. The vehicles aren't expected to be 100% realistically simulated, although they are very well done... Not arcadish, not sim. Somewhere in between.

It's a great game.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 18:33.

News Comments > Gold - ArmA: Combat Operations
5. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 16:18 Ben

To clarify, the single player campaign may not be as good as the OFP campaigns, but there is nothing technically wrong with the single player side of the game. Everything other than the campaign is vastly improved over OFP. And I still find the ArmA campaign enjoyable. It's just that OFP had great campaigns.

News Comments > Gold - Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
18. SH4 Mar 6, 2007, 18:55 Ben

SH4, like SH3, will be a slow paced, realistic submarine game. Don't expect fast paced action most of the time. That's part of what makes it so great and realistic. You'll often spend 30 minutes to an hour (real-time, using time compression) before you even make contact with an enemy ship during a campaign patrol.

Because of this, it is extremely satisfying when you succeed in sinking an enemy warship and escaping unscathed.

SH3 is fantastic, and SH4 will no doubt be as good, but most likely better.

It's basically SH3 with serious visual and game mechanic improvements, and you'll be playing as a US Captain in the Pacific, instead of in the Atlantic aboard a U-Boat (SH3).

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 18:59.

News Comments > Wednesday Game Reviews
5. ArmA Feb 28, 2007, 22:41 Ben

Armed Assault is nowhere near as bad as that review makes it sound. Yes, they should have delayed it a bit longer to iron out bugs, but these developers are very prompt in listening to the community and delivering patches, including a major one in a couple more days.

I've been playing the 1.04 UK release and have not experienced any serious technical issues or noticed any earth shattering bugs. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

If you liked Flashpoint, you owe it to yourself to give ArmA a chance. In its current state, it's a good game with potential for greatness.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Bond, James Bond... Nov 17, 2006, 17:55 Ben

Looking forward to seeing if they can really revive the Bond franchise. I think Craig might be just the kind of guy to pull it off. Sounds like he is portraying a more realistic and gritty Bond. Most people that have read the books (myself included) acknowledge that Timothy Dalton was a very fitting Bond in the vein of the Flemming novels. Some people seemed to just have a general dislike for him though, hopefully Craig won't meet the same fate.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo