Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Will W
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 16, 2006, 17:56
Total Comments 193 (Novice)
User ID 31007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer
5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 11:29 Will W

I love Civ V, but I wonder if this is going to start getting too complex but after adding religion and spies, I started playing less. I'll prob. get this expansion anyhow because I appreciate the work they put in and enjoy the new Civs....plus you can always turn off religion and esp. in the game settings.

In our mid 30's and living 45 minutes apart, this is the only game my friends and I will actually get together and lug computers to one house for a night of drinking and Civ. It plays so much better in person, especially when we take a smoke break and yap about what's going on in the game and try to bluff about how great we're each doing. I don't think we've yet completed a game....it gets to a point where it's 3 AM and there's an obvious winner.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
6. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Mar 7, 2013, 09:57 Will W

The original 7th Guest had one of my favorite sound tracks. I hope they bring back "The Fat Man" for the music again.  

News Comments > DayZ Mod on Steam
5. Re: DayZ Mod on Steam Feb 21, 2013, 10:19 Will W

Agreed, I bought ARMA 2 + CO to check out this mod and IMO it's not worth the purchase for the mod (I don't play ARMA 2 otherwise). I haven't played it in a few months, but the last time I did people were teleporting other players into "thunderdome" situations, or out into the ocean to drown. That could have been fixed by now. Tents were losing items, or just plain becoming unaccessable, people would server hop ("ghost") into your camp so that they didn't have to fight you to get your stuff, and of course plenty of people would sit around just shooting at fresh respawns, but AFAIK that's a working as intended thing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 10:07 Will W

I thought the offensive player initiated the contact, and that the no-call was a good one. The ball was catch-able, and it did land on the stripe, however when it was "catch high" it was in-bounds, or at least reachable for someone who was in-bounds.

Anyone else have the winning score on their squares till that safety? Cost me a $1000 end of game prize, and I saw it coming a mile away....but I was hoping they wouldn't do it since a free-kick could tie it....and Akers kicking off a tee is one of the more dangerous guys out there.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced
6. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:39 Will W

Obviously a little too late, but last week Amazon had the crusader Kings pack on sale for $10, Crusader Kings, CK2, and ALL DLC for $10.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2013, 09:45.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 14:07 Will W

I wondered why he posted a link to the web site...like he was telling people where to find the hacks. Then I clicked on the link, and found it wasn't the site....A little google with the guy's name and "artificialaiming" and I found out the site is artificialaiming.net and that dude appears to make the hacks (is on staff at least).

Maybe he's just trying to tell people not to buy the hacks there?

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:28 Will W

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:06:
Are you high on the marijuana, son? Those are the assholes who created this problem to begin with. Now they want to grab what they can and run like thieves in the night. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

While I understand your opinion on this, the decision doesn't lie with you, me, or the general public. This decision is made by the Judge with the input of the creditors. If the creditors feel that it's worthwhile, they will recommend to the judge to ok it and all will go fine. If they don't, then the judge will have to decide.

The judge already rejected converting it to a Chapter 7, meaning no overseeing trustee, and agreed with the argument that a trustee will take too long to come up to speed on how the business works and thus devalue the assets of the company.

Who anyone feel created this situation doesn't really matter at this point, what matters is getting maximum value for the assets. Potential buyers interested in the assets have inquired about rehiring the existing workforce. The faster and more efficient the sale can take place will benefit everyone. Sometimes when you're getting screwed there's nothing you can do about it but use a little lube to make it less painful. Think of these bonuses as the lube in this painful screw job.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:02 Will W

Beamer is right on with his assessment of why these people are being grossly paid to stick it out. The expectation is that they will add more then 1.8 million in value to the sale of the assets due to their expertise and familiarity with the company.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends
21. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 08:29 Will W

Julio wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 06:36:
I wish everyone who funded this luck, but I'm waiting for the final version before buying it. It all depends on the pay-to-win aspect of the game for me, I want to buy a meaningful and deep single player experience only.

This is exactly how I feel about this. The funding model makes me worried for how the multiplayer will work since people are already buying in-game items.

I was very tempted to fund this (would have been my first "kickstarter" funding) mainly due to who he is and the sheer amount of work that went into this BEFORE and during the campaign. I will 100% buy this at full price for the single player/private server portion after it gets a few reviews from reviewers who play it with a stick instead of a point and click. I doubt I'll ever get into the "MMO" servers though, mainly due to the give-aways from the funding drive.

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
45. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 10:45 Will W

I was wrong....I read the stretch goal wrong. The stretch goal added 5 more missions, the way it was placed made me think that it was a stretch goal:

• Squadron 42
  • 35 missions in Squadron 42

Is on the first stretch goal, so I took that to mean it was required for the Squadron 42 piece, when in reality the funding does talk about Squadron 42 with initial funding (with 30 missions).

I'm used to admitting when I'm wrong, it happens a lot. lol

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
    38. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 09:35 Will W

I just feel like this will be a "pay to win" game, despite what he may have said. They're already selling permanently insured ships, credits, and now they're coming out with more and more "bonus" packs that give people more items.

I can't compete with someone who can blow $1000 on a kickstarter to get a special ship that can't be "lost" and gets tons of money. If the world is persistent, they have a huge starting advantage, and with the push for "player driven economies" games have these days, anyone with some economic skill will be able to catapult themselves to an unreachable height. Put the add-on packages on there and they can perform any role without fear of losing their ships.

At least that's how I'm reading this game, which looks Pay To Win to me.

I am interested in the single player game though....so I'll most likely buy when it comes out and skip the Multiplayer. It's too bad, I love space shooters, and even cleaned the dust off my X52 pro the other day, but I can't see this being designed AROUND single player since adding a single player campaign was a stretch goal, not part of the original project.

News Comments > Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward
    18. Re: Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward Nov 14, 2012, 07:44 Will W

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 23:24:

Obviously an image of the physical CD is no proof ;p But they do wittingly say "users who can show this happened to their copies of the game"

A simple photo does not show....

I agree with you. But the source article doesn't say that, it just says

If the universe thinks that you should be playing Mass Effect right now, who are we to argue? In fact, we want to help! The first fifty fans affected by this phenomenon to send us a picture holding their special disc 2 will receive a code for a FREE PC copy of Mass Effect Trilogy.

Remember, in order to qualify, YOU must be in the picture, and disc 2 of your Call of Duty: Black Ops II must be visible. Got it?

News Comments > Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward
    4. Re: Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward Nov 13, 2012, 22:16 Will W

I thought the discs were printed correctly but just had the wrong data. How do the photos show the wrong disc? Is it a different paint job then the COD and the Mass Effect 2 games on the flub?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Space Colony HD
    9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Space Colony HD Nov 8, 2012, 15:05 Will W

I bought it.....My boss is off tomorrow so worst case I have a time waster. :-)  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Space Colony HD
    1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Space Colony HD Nov 8, 2012, 11:18 Will W

Has anyone checked this out yet? I was a fan of Sierra's "Outpost" back in the day, and really want this to be like what Outpost was *supposed* to be. Looks like it's $7.99 on GOG, a price I'm willing to take a risk at.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 17:00 Will W

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 16:55:
    Just had a pop-up takeover ad (with audio) from Call of Duty Black Ops II when visiting the front page, Blue.

I just had one too, mine was an orange and black one for turtle beach, I think it may have been using Black Ops 2 in the ad, not sure.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 15:29 Will W

Not sure if everyone has seen it yet, but you can start your pre-loads of X-Com now.  

News Comments > etc.
    1. XCOM Developer Can't Sell His Own Game. Oct 4, 2012, 12:57 Will W

That was a great video.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow
    6. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow Oct 3, 2012, 15:57 Will W

RailWizard wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 11:42:
    Yeah I saw that and that public beta ended yesterday, but there's also a big list of notes seemingly non-editor related, and then I keep looking at the headline here. heh.

Yeah, the wording is a tad confusing.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow
    2. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow Oct 3, 2012, 11:37 Will W

RailWizard wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 10:57:
    uhh so is beta ending and it's a patch? or is something else happening? lol confusing...

From the website linked to:

"Yes, thatís right, the Dungeon Editor will be released tomorrow, on Thursday 4th October. I guess this time the wait is not going to be too long! "

193 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo