Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Will W
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 16, 2006, 17:56
Total Comments 193 (Novice)
User ID 31007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2013, 10:11 Will W

I'm in.....Put my picks together. I'm sure you guys will out-pace me over the season, so I doubt I'll be in every week.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
15. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 12:25 Will W

LittleMe wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 12:20:
I'm disappointed that there's no mention of zombies in this highly anticipated sequel. Okay some Tropicans walk around like zombies but that's different.

They're saving that for the first DLC, can't show all of your cards at once. :-)

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 20:19 Will W

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 19:48:
I'm guessing promotional deal for the preseason games. Will check back when i sign up

History says no, but no guarantee. It was season long last year. No guarantee how long it will go for (says so right on their page) this season, but I was able to watch 4 games at once + red zone + NFL network from my "vacation home" in the netherlands last year.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 20:16 Will W

How it works, specifically, is that the NFL is trying to grow their brand in Europe and doesn't have a distribution deal in the Netherlands. So....they give away Football for free...costs them nothing, or a minimal number of Netherlands subscribers to try and get a bigger fan base. It's like playing a game in England....

VPN is the key word here. I'm not tech support, but I'll at least return a couple e-mails if you need advice on how to watch your local teams during cable/CBS arguments......

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 17:46 Will W

Don't know who will check comments this late in the day...but if anyone is interested NFL game pass (Sunday ticket for non-us IP addresses) is free if your IP address is in the Netherlands.

In other news, I had good experiences with Strong VPN last year.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:54 Will W

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:14:
ps - Jets are going all the way this year.

lol, one of the best jokes ever. It's an old one, I've been hearing it for years.....but it's still funny every time someone tells it. :-)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2013, 10:59 Will W

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 10:03:
The whole way this played out is almost like she's escaping her EQ cult.

That's the vibe I get from this. Some of those people posting in that thread were creepy IMO.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 11:40 Will W

I generally ignore comments with personal attacks. There are a few people around who like to do it with a greater then average frequency, and I just don't put any value their input into ANY discussions. There's also the ignore feature.

I'm all for stopping personal attacks between users, but I think that's the extent of where the moderation should go. I've seen a few users who will report someone...and then quote that very post and REPLY to it. That tells me that person is just doing a "I'm going to tattle on you and get the last word in".

I like text only on the front page. It's the way it's always been and the way I've always liked it. The blues page is very clean and strait forward....and if you want to see pictures you can click through to get to them. That said...it is your site and if you want to expand readership then a change like that may help. I rarely visit other game sites because lots of them end up looking like a clown vomited on a tie-die shirt with all of the pictures, videos, and other random crap they try to squeeze onto a page.

Just my 2 cents.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarted
11. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 15:26 Will W

I'm not a fan of more zombie games, but I actually think this looks like it could be a fun game right up my ally. Very minecraft-esque. That said, I wonder if they're taking too much on....I think this may have to be my first kickstarter.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2013, 13:46 Will W

To each his own, but I'm the opposite on chicken. I cook at a low heat for a longer period of time. I don't sear the ouside like I would a steak because it's not a steak. It's a more delicate meat and the texture of a chicken gets tough when you sear it, and you're not "locking in the juices" like you are on red meat.

Brine, rub, and cook at a low temp if you're grilling it....indirect heat is even better. Bone in you always cook bone side down until it's done. If there's skin, put the rub under the skin and keep it away from direct heat.

We all cook a little differently and have our own style though.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 13:22 Will W

Definitely get a full rack of spare ribs and cut them down to a St. Louis style rib yourself, that way you can have the rib tips as a greasy yummy snack while waiting for the ribs to finish.

Don't hold off on the pork butt, they're easy and you should give them a run. They do take a while to cook and EVERYONE has a different idea of how to cook it. I suggest you use a bone-in shoulder, I think they come off of the smoker with a better pork flavor and seem to hold their moisture much better at a higher temperature.

Here is a good article about wrapping and temperature rise in smoked meat.....talks about how basting isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Long URL, had to make it a tag

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2013, 15:56 Will W

Does anyone else find it odd that the Amber Alert covered from the city to maybe 60 to 75 miles north, but they didn't even bother with the bordering counties in NJ? I get that the NYS Troopers are the ones who authorized it, so they can't do it in NYC, but this seems like a major hole in their alert system....the abductor just needs to choose the right bridge out of NYC.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 11:39 Will W

In my opinion, the problem with this type of poll is that people who are more protective of their privacy are more likely to say "No thank you" when someone calls to poll them so you're not going to get a real sample of the general population, especially with a privacy question. I know I don't like to give people info like age, race, income, political affiliation, etc. If I don't want the government to monitor my information and make a profile of me, why would I want a random pollster to do it? I'd like to know how many people they had to call to get that 1004 person sample size.  

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale
11. Re: Brave New World Jun 7, 2013, 09:49 Will W

Krovven wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 21:27:
Civ5 Brave New World on GMG Use GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for additional 20% off.

Thanks for that, just picked it up for $21.60

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2013, 10:00 Will W

It's funny, I stopped watching the show because I started reading the books. I know "the book is better then the movie" is an over used expression, but in the case of this story...it's so complicated and twisted up with the character plot lines that I don't think I could follow it in episodic form. The last couple books get crazy with the plot changes, sub plots, and number of characters being followed. I can only imagine how they'll turn those into a tv show without cutting too much.  

News Comments > David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project
3. Re: David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project May 16, 2013, 21:26 Will W

Sweet....always loved I76. Now we just need a Rocket Jockey kickstarter.

I'm going to put the 7th guest sound track out there as another great oldie. I still listen to it on occasion.

News Comments > Worlds of Magic Kickstarter
6. Re: Worlds of Magic Kickstarter Apr 3, 2013, 12:56 Will W

Old Man, you seek the Spell of Mastery......  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2013, 13:20 Will W

I was wondering how it could be bad for the oven....but after reading the link, it sounds like they're only referring to electric ovens. I remember getting chemical burns from oven cleaner (my fault) when I was younger, so I try to avoid that stuff like the plague.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2013, 19:31 Will W

Quick question for the residents of Manstovia...what temperature do you smoke a corn beef to? I know....pastrami without the rub. I say 190, my father says 165. The google box isn't much help, opinions seem to vary wildly. Does anyone have experience with smoking corn beef to different temps,or making pastrami?

As for fund raisers I say blue holds a summer cookout at his house, complete with wings and chilli. $40 entry fee and BYOB.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer
16. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:34 Will W

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 12:37:
If you think this game is to complex or if thats even a drawback then this isnt the game nor genre for you.

Thanks for the advice.

DG wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 15:20:
Check custom game options, probably can disable.

Indeed, I generally do disable them. I'm a fan of the building/culture/science portion, I don't really like the religion and spying.

193 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo