Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Will W
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 16, 2006, 17:56
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 31007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Blu-Ray Dec 11, 2007, 17:08 Will W

nin...

You're showing a decline in the share of Blu-ray over HD-DVD with your numbers there...Year to date vs over this weekend...it may not prove anything, but if I were to look at those numbers I'd say that HD-DVD may be losing now, but they're catching up!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ATI Gets Steamier
25. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2007, 16:43 Will W

" They really need to do more to tempt prospective ATI graphics card buyers by way of offering something more substantial "

You mean like "Availability and Price"? Come on now, you want the card when you want it, for what you want to pay, and expect them to do all that PLUS give you a NEW game? Sounds like you bit with the first two, I don't know why they'd bother adding the third.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Violent Games Report Dec 5, 2007, 10:57 Will W

Yeah, I'm glad to see they're putting a good portion of the blame on the parents.

Look, I don't have a choice if you have kids, thus I shouldn't have to suffer so that you can raise them. If you can't be bothered to know what your kid is up to perhaps you should think about trading it in for a gerbil or something that you can legally keep in a cage.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: SP3 Nov 20, 2007, 09:36 Will W

I disagree, I think that his edited quote was very funny.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Next Life
1. No subject Nov 16, 2007, 12:35 Will W

$10 says that in the end you wake up and it was all a dream/hallucination....and then gives the "Or was it!" twist by having something freaky happen in the "real world".

News Comments > Mac & Linux EVE Online Nears
3. Re: Still around? Nov 2, 2007, 12:25 Will W

You were most likely thinking of Jumpgate (if by X series you mean X-wing series). That's still around too, and they're making a sequel.

EVE will stay around, they have a base of users that have so much time and money invested in the game they're not willing to move on.

I loved the idea, hated the player community.

News Comments > Out of Territory Orange Box Deactivations
21. No subject Oct 26, 2007, 09:51 Will W

I don't get it...how is this Valve's fault? This is the fault of either the reseller not telling the customer that the game was region locked or the customer for thinking they were pulling a fast one and getting some great deal.

If you buy a game from a company in Russia and you install it and the game is only in Russian....is it the fault of the company who made the game? Even if the ordering page was in English? IMO it's not. The reseller, perhaps...depending on the circumstances, but not the company who made or published the game.

News Comments > Portals in Half-Life 2
15. No subject Oct 18, 2007, 16:53 Will W

I was into the hovercraft AFTER they put the gun on it, before the gun I really didn't like it.

The dune buggy was awesome. That was my favorite part of the game.

News Comments > Crysis Beta Follow-up
11. No subject Sep 23, 2007, 18:05 Will W

Man....$1.75 for a coffee? You're getting ripped off! :-P

News Comments > Fireteam Reloaded Announced
6. What am I missing? Sep 5, 2007, 09:23 Will W

The www.fireteamrelaoded.com page is just a big "closed beta starting soon" ad. Am I missing where I can see more about this game? The "looks cool" comments and such are making me think I'm just not finding the site....

News Comments > EVE Online Expands
18. Re: patch threat Jun 21, 2007, 10:28 Will W

PvP in EvE is fun....as long as it's not a large battle. The lag in large battles make them very pointless and even frustrating.

IMO it's next to impossible to experience alot of the "advanced" game content without joining an alliance. Alliances make the game more like work then fun, epically when you sit around for 4 hours camping a gate that someone MIGHT come through.

I've found EvE to be a game of choke point camping and super-lag-fueled fleet battles. It's too bad that the most fun part of the game, the small scale PvP where the server can handle the load, doesn't really exist anymore.

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Next Week
13. Re: is this game Jun 16, 2007, 09:27 Will W

That'll happen when having five or six accounts is seen as necessary to play the game.

Exactly. Their subscription base is growing, I'd be willing to bet that their player base is declining. Out of the 10 or so people I know who used to play EvE (including myself) they all quit after the first GM cheating incident.

Once you loose that kind of trust, you can never get it back.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
17. Re: Jeff Anderson is a fucking tool. Jun 11, 2007, 07:09 Will W

Wow...you guys are actually having an argument over which MMO is better? When you feel THAT attached to a game it might be time to step back a little and remember that the sunshine is out in the summer, and the girls wear bikinis.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Gold Farmers
14. No subject May 26, 2007, 22:54 Will W

I'd love to see what grounds they're suing on....If they claim that it's for spaming then they'll have to prove that the company did the spaming...Or if they want to use something like CANSPAM they'll have to be able to prove that the spam is service affecting. Plus Blizzard isn't an ISP so they might have a hard time with that....dunno.

If they sue for the selling of "blizzard property" they could screw themselves by opening the door for congress to tax US based MMO's or US based players based on their in-game assets. After all, I think congress has the theory of "if it exists, we can tax it".

News Comments > Open Letter to CCP
7. No subject May 26, 2007, 22:43 Will W

I canceled my accounts the last time a CCP dev got "outed" for cheating too....I'm glad I did now!

The game has become too much of a blob-fest which was destroying my enjoyment of the PvP at the time. Perhaps had I devoted more time to the game I could have gotten "used" to it or something, I don't know, but I don't have alot of game-play time and when I play games I play them for fun and not as a second job.

Thank god for VGA Planets! :-)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - UFO: Extraterrestrials
4. Re: No subject May 4, 2007, 11:53 Will W

This game is great....very true to X-Com...If you love the original X-Com then you'll most likely enjoy this game. There are some differences...for example you don't have separate lab space and scientists. You build a lab and get 10 scientists with it. Same for workshops. I'm not totally sure how living quarters work though, I haven't gotton far enough to try and build more of them yet.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Trailer
36. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2007, 11:29 Will W

I saw the commercial on ESPN yesterday during the draft...My friend and I even re-watched it to see what game system it was due for...It didn't say so we assumed it wouldn't show up on the Wii. Or am I the guy who just totally missed the joke?

News Comments > Into the Black
18. No subject Apr 20, 2007, 15:59 Will W

I watched the videos. I watched them on TV and again on the internet. If someone isn't a fan of the videos being on TV, they can do several things...change the channel...write the tv network about it...boycott the sponsors...don't watch it. What about all the students who were on TV just to get some national news face time?

One girl interviewed was even a journalism major...she didn't know any victims, didn't know the shooter, didn't hear any shots, didn't even know the layout of the building. What do you think the odds are that she wasn't there simply to be on TV? THAT is truly someone capitalizing on this, the news program was simply reporting news...and that video was indeed news...I found it an interesting look at a troubled mind.

Perhaps healthy people could watch it and get an idea of some of the identifying characteristics of crazy people. Everyone's going to be up in arms because this video was on TV now, it's an outlet for their anger. I can only assume that the people who are so offended by the video actually watched the video. I can think of no better example of what a "hypocrite" is.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. No subject Mar 15, 2007, 11:20 Will W

They do have listings for other TV's, but if you own a 71" plasma TV I don't think that paying just over $2 for 5 hours of play time would be out of your price range.....

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. "Gamespy" link Mar 15, 2007, 08:09 Will W

The first "Gamespy" link goes to a story "The latest traffic violation: Driving while texting"...the second one at the bottom appears to be correct though.

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo