Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Will W
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 16, 2006, 17:56
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 31007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
90. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 17:52 Will W

Wildone wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:47:
Yep you will just sent an auth code no problem

DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:41:
Will W wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:24:
I didn't want to spend the $60....but I did it anyhow. I see that I have to install it online. Anyone know if I can move the installation over to a USB drive to take home? I'd much rather download it at work and carry it home then wait for my slow-as-molasses cable at home to download it.

I think it'll work, you'll need to authorize your computer at home but the files should move over just fine.

Sure enough, I just had to grab the folders from \Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products run the installer, and it recognized them. Now to dust off the joystick.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
77. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 16:24 Will W

I didn't want to spend the $60....but I did it anyhow. I see that I have to install it online. Anyone know if I can move the installation over to a USB drive to take home? I'd much rather download it at work and carry it home then wait for my slow-as-molasses cable at home to download it.  

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
32. No subject Dec 11, 2014, 18:00 Will W

winnetou wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 15:30:
The amazon associates central states:
In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases.

Seems to be restricted to the session that was opened via your banner link.
I'll give the .de version a try soonish. Or maybe someone already figured out whether that works?

That's interesting....let me know if a bar code scanner shows up. I didn't click through the banner when I bought that since I thought the cookie would still be valid.

30. No subject Dec 11, 2014, 09:50 Will W

I ended up putting in the order myself (using the referral link) since Amazon wasn't reflecting the quantity available properly and it was messing her up. It was a few UPS's and a management card (that was the item they only had 1 of but weren't properly reflecting the stock on the page). 2 of the UPS's won't ship till January, but the three bigger ones should be shipping soon.

Do you get credit if I buy something that isn't "Shipped and sold by Amazon"?

28. No subject Dec 10, 2014, 10:51 Will W

Is there any way to directly link to products with the referral URL included? I need to get some UPS's, but don't want to keep telling our secretary to click the referral URL and search for the products....sometimes Amazon doesn't match the products correctly so I prefer to send her direct links.

I guess the other way would be to have her click the referral URL and then click the direct links? Would that work to give you the credit for the items?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 13:51 Will W

Not sure if anyone is interested, but South Park: Stick of Truth is on sale on steam for 66% off ($13.49 US). I've been waiting to buy it for a LONG time.

Next I just have to get Wasteland 2 under 15$ and I'll be happy. :-P

General Discussion > Got a popup today
1. Got a popup today Sep 29, 2014, 13:02 Will W

Hopefully I'm copying it correctly for you:

<iframe id="ComScorePingFile" name="ComScorePingFile" src="http://leadback.advertising.com/cs.ashx?site=783621" width="0" height="0" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: none;"></iframe>

And the script portion was:

<script async="" src="http://uac.advertising.com/cs/beacon.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var _comscore = _comscore || [];
_comscore.push({ c1: "8", c2: "2115", c3: "0" });

(function() {
var s = document.createElement("script"), el = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.async = true;
s.src = (document.location.protocol == "https:" ? "https://secure.uac" : "http://uac") + ".advertising.com/cs/beacon.js";
el.parentNode.insertBefore(s, el);
})();
</script>

22. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 07:49 Will W

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:18:

Because every single state has different tax laws, and it drives them insane...

They never fail to refund it after being reminded...but they have our tax-exempt information on file and continually assure us that the issue is fixed. No other companies have this kind of issue, including ones like Walmart, Target, etc with B&M locations all over.

It still hasn't shipped. I'm spoiled by Prime I guess.

(Edit after I saw Blue's post....it did ship last night, shipping notice is in the dept. Mailbox)

18. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 13:26 Will W

The printer hasn't shipped yet, so maybe that was another one someone else bought? I double checked to be sure the correct one was ordered...you freaked me out. :-) Keep an eye on them and see if they disappear. Amazon applied tax yet again. Sometimes they just credit the tax but sometimes they do a return and make it a new order. No idea why they can't get the tax crap figured out.  

16. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 12, 2014, 14:14 Will W

Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

7. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 08:39 Will W

It just makes me wonder if I need to clear my cookies or at least log out/back in to get the reference. Once the reporting system is back, let me know if my purchases went correctly. If they did, I'll get the serial box ordered....it's no rush on my end, there's still a ton of work that needs to get done before I can install it.  

4. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 26, 2014, 15:52 Will W

I have to order a serial server for work and Amazon has a good price for it, I'll order it with the referral link if we know that it's working now.  

3. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 26, 2014, 08:46 Will W

Both of my items have shipped, the Rotary Chimney Cleaning System, and the Timberland boots, so they should show up on the referral today. I wasn't sure on the chimney brush since that was backordered, but they must have found one stashed in the warehouse supervisor's office or something.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 12:10 Will W

Ok, I emptied out my cart and closed the window. Then I clicked through the link. I did see the referral code on the inital page, but it disappeared once I went past that page. (I am a prime member, don't know if that matters)

I bought

Rotary Chimney Cleaning System

and

Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Boot,Brown,10 W

let me know if they show up on your referral list

General Discussion > Site has white background in chrome browser on mobilt
3. Re: Site has white background in chrome browser on mobilt Aug 25, 2014, 11:08 Will W

Don't know if you're still looking...but yeah....I had to change the "customize" section  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 11:07 Will W

How does that amazon click-through ad work? I have some stuff in my cart that I want to buy, can I click on that link and checkout for Bluesnews to get the credit, or do I have to add it after clicking through there, or do you only get credit if I buy the item advertised?  

General Discussion > Site has white background in chrome browser on mobilt
1. Site has white background in chrome browser on mobilt Apr 15, 2014, 10:07 Will W

Is anyone else pulling up the full site with a white instead of blue background in chrome on android? I tried in flashfox and the site comes up correctly, and the Chrome browser on my desktop and on my nexus 7 both work fine, it's just the chrome browser on my phone that's pulling up a white background.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2014, 11:33 Will W

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:20:
http://www.carmageddon.com/news/carmageddon-free-24-hours

for iOS and Android

For some reason it won't work with any of my devices, one of which is the 2013 Nexus 7. :-( I wonder what you need to get it to work, the only thing the store page lists is android 2.3.4, which would make me think it works with older devices on up.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 2, 2014, 13:32 Will W

Hmm, must be some routing trouble between here and there then. I'm taking a huge hit on my ping about 9 jumps out where Time Warner hands over after the NYC location. I tried a few sites, and it seems like only theirs isn't working for me for some reason. I know it's not a bandwidth issue, no students on campus so we've got an almost empty pipe to play with.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 2, 2014, 13:03 Will W

Anyone else having trouble getting The Escapist website to come up?  

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo