Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Carlos Silva

Real Name Carlos Silva   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname frag.machine
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2006, 23:17
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 30900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > QUAKE Engine Retrospective
8. Re: QUAKE Engine Retrospective Jun 26, 2010, 10:58 frag.machine

No mention of any open source engine ? What about Darkplaces, Tenebrae or Nexuiz ?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On OnLive Game Prices
64. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 22, 2010, 10:04 frag.machine

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 23:03:
Wow, thats .. thats.. thats absolute retarded pricing. Retail pricing for a time limited rental game ON TOP of a monthly subscription fee???

Who is ever stupid enough to fall for that scam?

Sadly, I suspect there's plenty of Homer Simpson clones in the world gladly willing to embrace this. I can even hear the "WOOHOO!".

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
6. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 21, 2010, 17:22 frag.machine

Microsoft could not care less about PC as gaming platform. They invested too many money, time and effort in their own ecossystem, which generates far more revenue than they ever dreamed in the PC.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 17, 2010, 08:39 frag.machine

Patches aside, Valve needs to do something about the VAC and craft servers intermittently going down during the game. Not a client network issue, since the server latency and the gameplay itself flows nicely, but it's a PITA being suddenly stripped off from all my items between respawns just because the VAC server is down or unreachable for a moment during the match.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2010, 00:58 frag.machine

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 21:22:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 18:14:
I'm think it's great the largest sporting event in the world isn't American, kinda hard joining into something when it isn't American made? I don't mean to sound like I'm trolling, but for the rest of us who watch American\Euro television or American films as a norm we don't dwell on cultural differences and aren't taken aback or offended by minor things.

So first you say it is a pain in the ass, then you say we are being jerks.....well, this isn't the largest sporting event, I believe the Super Bowl is. (Or probably the Olympics)

So please come down off of your horse.

Football, or "soccer" as people in the USA insist to call it (funny thing you guys to call "football" a sport where you don't use a real ball and most of the time is played with the hands) it's indeed the more popular sport in the world, and the World Cup is the biggest event in the world for an individual sport. There are more countries affiliated to FIFA than to UN.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled
28. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled Jun 11, 2010, 20:29 frag.machine

Sleeeeepy wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 19:09:
kxmode wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 17:09:
nin wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 16:30:
At this point is it a pun to call it Duke Nukem Forever?

Duke Nukem Never

Duke Nukem Whenever

Duke Nukem Whatever

Duke Nukem If Ever

Duke Nukem Takes Forever

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled
17. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled Jun 11, 2010, 16:19 frag.machine

fujiJuice wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 15:15:
SuperBill wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 15:06:
There will be no DNF they've slipped too many technology cycles and even if it were to be released it would be akin to releasing an 8-bit Nintendo game to compete with Crysis and all the funds have pretty much dried up to finance another engine shift and redesign.

They could always just go digital distribution only, and make people agree to something that says absolutely no support will be offered for their purchase. I think people would still buy it, and it's better than nothing. This is of course dependent on how close it was to gold. If it was buggy and unfinished in areas, but still playable from beginning to end, I would throw down maybe $5-$10 just out of curiosity.

If it's not finished, they should release it as freeware, using some kind of "as is" license. In the past more polished games were released for free (RTCW:ET) just because the producers weren't happy with the final result, I don't think it's right to expect people to pay a dime for something half-baked, even "just out of curiosity".

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Pyro Changes This Week
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Pyro Changes This Week May 19, 2010, 09:35 frag.machine

#11: Could not agree more. While stills vital to win the game itself (protecting sentries, spy checking, airblasting heavy-medic combos, etc.) the pyro is very unlikely to figure among the top score players because he(she ?) lost a lot of kill factor in the latest nerf. It was actually demoted to a auxiliary position in gameplay. Meanwhile, the scout stills able to kill a full-health heavy with two point blank, crit FaN shots - and now can even abuse the Boink! with less penalty.  

News Comments > Portal Free
16. Re: Portal Free May 12, 2010, 17:42 frag.machine

creatorswhim wrote on May 12, 2010, 17:14:
"Capitol news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

Only if Steve Jobs were selling it.

In this case, it would be called "iPortal", would be classified as "a never seen before experience" (ignoring all the PC users) and you wouldn't be able to create the orange spot because "it was a useless feature that could eventually spoil your experience". Six months later, iPortal Mini would be released, with the previously "useless" ability to create the orange spot.

News Comments > TF2 Statues Priced
17. Re: TF2 Statues Priced May 4, 2010, 12:10 frag.machine

ReverendTed wrote on May 4, 2010, 10:13:
frag.machine wrote on May 4, 2010, 08:20:
With this money you almost can buy a real minigun.
Actually, with this money you could buy one of the custom-tooled cartridges Sasha fires at ten thousand rounds per minute.

Yeah. Sorry Valve, you won't see the color of my money for that.

News Comments > TF2 Statues Priced
15. Re: TF2 Statues Priced May 4, 2010, 08:20 frag.machine

With this money you almost can buy a real minigun.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2010, 11:55 frag.machine

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 11:42:
Blue's News on Geocities.

OMGMYEYESWTFBBQSAUCEBURNTHEWITCH!!!!!!

Good Lord. Half of the pixels in my monitor are dead now.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
63. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 17:10 frag.machine

Closed Betas wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 14:26:
Yup, nailed it on the head, the aftermarket kills them, because it reflects the true price of the product... PC games today hold the attention span of the gamer for about 15 minutes. They soon realize the game is not fun because it has zero playability and are more annoyed than entertained...

Problem is definitely in the product and not the pirates.

The consoles are younger generation and more geek than gamer, so they RUN (not play) the game through the story, usually with cheats on to get past the battles and whatnot to get to the end story, then send flowers and emotes to the devs on what a great GAME (heh) it was. But in truth it was nothing more than a interactive story.

I'd say they don't even need cheats, because the average difficulty level in nowadays games is lower than used to be in the 80's and 90's games.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Item Drop Changes
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Item Drop Changes Apr 21, 2010, 22:43 frag.machine

Got a hat(!!!) and another eyelander in a couple hours of gameplay. Should be this way since the start IMO. Can't wait for trading.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details
14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details Apr 20, 2010, 16:42 frag.machine

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 15:21:
Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 14:31:
Not from what I've read

Where did you read that? The only thing I've ever heard Valve say on the topic was that they were undecided.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1232729

Valve has never charged for extra content for the PC, and IMO they probaly woudnt for the XBOX either if not for M$... a dieing breed in the industry that are content to make a profit and not soak thier customers for every last dime they can (all hail Valve)

EDIT, You would think other people in the industry would take notice. All the free content Valve keeps adding to thier games just drives up the games value thus increasing sales. Not to mention the dedicated fan base they keep building, Valve has long term vision that the rest of the industry just cant see, all they can see is the short term money grab.

Yeah Blizzard, we are looking at you!

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
22. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 16, 2010, 00:06 frag.machine

I'd like to propose a toast to Valve, for giving us periodically free TF2 stuff (weapons, maps, new gameplay and, of course, hats!) without charging NOTHING for that. Cheers!  

News Comments > GameStop Used Game Lawsuit
67. Re: GameStop Used Game Lawsuit Mar 26, 2010, 20:12 frag.machine

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 19:36:
At a most basic level no one really considers a used car over a new. They're very different markets. A used car has significantly less value and significantly more concerns. A used video game is identical to a new one.

Let's say I have a perfect copy of <insert the name of a game you bought and finished a couple months ago>, up to the last byte. Would you pay me the original price for that today ? No ? Why not ? It's identical to a brand new copy collecting dust in some shelf elsewhere!

News Comments > TF2 Soldier Wins: Update Live, Free Weekend Begins
3. Re: TF2 Soldier Wins: Update Live, Free Weekend Begins Dec 17, 2009, 21:40 frag.machine

No surprise here.Check Valve's numbers and you'll see more people playing soldiers than demomen. Yet, it was really close.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Crafting Announced
17. Re: Team Fortress 2 Crafting Announced Dec 13, 2009, 17:58 frag.machine

Tomorrow Valve will announce epic mounts.
Seriously now... Crafting was something already expected for months, I don't think it's a big deal as long you can earn the crafted equipment without grinding or farming.

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo