Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ben

Real Name Ben   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KBenna
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 18, 2006, 14:52
Total Comments 8 (Suspect)
User ID 30500

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Simulator Patches
4. Re: Wow May 17, 2007, 03:56 KBenna

your kidding right? I have Vista and just about all my games work... BF2, BF2142, MSFS X, WoW, STALKER, SUPREME COMMANDER, in fact I still need to find the game/program that does not work... be it in Compatiblity mode or not! fact is everything works - sometimes even better than in XP.

"does this mark the first game that will actually work in Vista!? so far none of mine do..this is a momentos occasion"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Windows Vista
61. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2006, 03:19 KBenna

Tell me, have you ever worked in an eviroment where the average user is a complete moron?

The reason why they can't install shit, is because, well - THEY DO INSTALL SHIT! And you don't want to infect you corporate network with shit.

Besides the average use have the tools already installed to do their work. They don't need other stuff, if they do, the admin will do it.

--------------------------------

it's how we got into such a mess with Windows in the first place isn't it?

Well, yes and no. It's true that everyone always running in admin mode is a security issue. However, the reason most people do that is because a user in Windows CAN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING.

Why do I need to be a local admin to install software? Why can't a user do that? Isn't that in the very definition of a user? That they USE things? Like...I dunno, software?

You should only be an admin when you're changing system specific settings, like your swap file, messing with the registry, that sort of thing. A user should be able to install software into a user defined area, ditto for any .dlls that need to go into Windows\System32 (which should have been subdivided into System32\SystemCritical and System32\UserCritical ) and ditto for any registry keys that SHOULD go into HKey_Local_User.

But because MS made a user completely useless, what else are you supposed to do? Switch around constantly? Come on, who the fuck wants to deal with that shit.

A marginal amount of thinking about this would have saved a lot of security leaks.

Creston

------------------------

38. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2006, 05:57 KBenna

For a single user desktop Pc to require 512mb of memory just to run is a joke. Only one PC in our office came close to the min reqs for Vista, and I've got Vista Beta2 running on it. ( without the flash gui because none of our desktops have DX9 cards, why should they it's an office!)
What do we get for giving the OS all that memory and processor?
A slower and more cumbersome OS!
I re-read that bit about 20 times. Beautiful. That right there pretty much sums up why I think Vista will be MS's undoing.

Clearly, Vista is a gaming-only OS. No office PC that runs MS programs is going to be running Vista...it simply can't. I think this will be fun to watch.

BTW, I'll be in the back playing Ultima 7 Serpent Isle on my PC running DOSbox, ok? Yeah.

-----------

I disagree, because they said the same about 95,98, 2000, XP. It's plain and simple evolution. Otherwise we will still be stuck with DOS and playing Ultima 7 In a couple of years 512MB Ram will be nothing, it already is... at our company all the work stations has 1GB ram on XP.

Consumers will always want new stuff. better graphics smarter effects more services.

Just think about all the services running in the background that you dont even see, you dont know about it until it breaks or is taken away.

The EU crusified MS for not giving enough choice to its consumers, now that MS is giving more options - ie. if you dont want Media Center just dont buy the version of Windows supplying it - Now that there are options, everybody is crusifying MS for giving too many options... so what is it now that you want?

36. Re: MS lost the plot Nov 9, 2006, 04:39 KBenna

I don't now what you lot are bitching about, if you don't like it, don't buy it. As for all the security holes hackers will exploit - ALL O/S will have holes, its just that Windows are used by MILLIONS and therefore have greater appeal to hacker. Why would a hacker hack an OS that only ten people in the world uses, versus a O/S that 100 of millions use?

If there was a linux OS that was as popular as Windows - that O/S will also get hacked the shit out of it, and you guys will also bash it to death.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Personal Data Clarification
69. Re: Not buying it. Oct 18, 2006, 14:34 KBenna

Not buying it. Oct 18, 12:36 Ouch

That settles it, I'm not buying this.

I want no part of letting spyware get a toe-hold on my pc. If this gets through, the next steps will be even more intrusive.

Adding that to the overinflated cost and too large demo size makes this an absolute no-buy.

In addition, claiming that your IP address isn't "personally identifiable information" is a little questionable.

This just seems creepy. It certainly fails the "ick" test.

Great. Add yet another franchise that EA has managed to ruin for me in the past few years.
This message was edited at Oct 18, 12:41.

I agree. Aspecially with these new laws that your ISP must keep records of their clients out and bouts... that makes ones IP quite personal.

And I also agree that if this gets through it will become worse. ie forcing players to watch ads before the next round or something.

I loved BF2 and after playing the demo, this MOD called BF2142 has nothing on BF2. It feels shallow.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 14:35.

17. Re: Adware Oct 18, 2006, 11:14 KBenna

EA hardly fall into that category. Just another atempt for the corporate world to force their feces down our throughts.

15. Re: Adware Oct 18, 2006, 11:06 KBenna

except all that aint software! and I dont buy magazine's. 101 pages of ads and 10 pages articles.

11. Adware Oct 18, 2006, 10:54 KBenna

So now we have to pay for Adware???? this suck. Adware has to be free, and pay to get rid of the ads.

And all this for a gloryfied mod????

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo