Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LOC

Real Name LOC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LOC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.neowin.net
Signed On Oct 16, 2006, 19:42
Total Comments 134 (Novice)
User ID 30418

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Beta Updated "Premium" Plans Revealed
4. Re: QUAKE LIVE Beta Updated May 1, 2010, 09:46 LOC

ibm wrote on May 1, 2010, 07:20:
Bethesda? What have they got to do with it? Seems I've missed something really obvious here

Bethesda (or more exactly Zenimax the parent company) owns id Software now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Global Agenda Patched
1. Re: Global Agenda Patched Mar 25, 2010, 21:13 LOC

They also launched a free "demo/trial" now as well, with no time limitations just level limitations and some other restrictions.

http://www.globalagendagame.com/gafriend/

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
17. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Feb 17, 2010, 08:24 LOC

necrosis wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 07:32:
Gaming companies and people wonder why we raise a stink when we can not run our own servers (MW2, Bad Company 2), have to deal with publisher logins, and social networks.

It is amazing really.

Except Bad Company 2 has dedicated servers, just not dedicated servers run by the general public.

News Comments > WWI Source Mod Beta
2. Re: WWI Source Mod Beta Feb 16, 2010, 18:17 LOC

MattyC wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 15:22:
I seem to remember one of these existed for Half-Life back when it was on WON. Was pretty fun, though the name escapes me. It never got too far in development, but it was playable and had at least a few servers running.

It was called "The Trenches" I believe.

News Comments > Halo PC Patches
3. Re: Halo PC Patches Nov 9, 2009, 22:58 LOC

Yeah to bad Halo is still a highly played MP game on PC eh?  

News Comments > Metal Drift Trailer
2. Re: Metal Drift Trailer Oct 21, 2009, 00:22 LOC

The game is incredibly fun and action packed. It could use some touches here and there but for an indie studio it's a damn fine little game. Totally worth the money imo.  

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Revealed [Updated]
14. Re: Tactical Intervention Revealed Sep 29, 2009, 09:31 LOC

This was the part of the article I was referencing:

Yeah I realize this Blue. The only problem is, ever since CSS came out (well, pretty much) most gaming sites have used Counter-Strike or CS to reference both CS and CSS (which is insanely annoying).

Please don't think I was saying something negative about the article you posted. I was simply saying, from the gist of the IGN piece, and the screenshots, it's pretty obvious this is based off Source and not GoldSRC.

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Revealed [Updated]
4. Re: Tactical Intervention Revealed Sep 28, 2009, 20:32 LOC

The IGN article made it fairly clear (at least to me) that this game runs on the Source engine, not the original Counter-Strike engine aka the Half-Life 1 engine.

Either way, I can't wait. We are talking about the guy who helped create probably the most sucessful MP shooter of all time. Anything he works on should be interesting to say the least.

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Patch, Tools
5. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Patch Sep 21, 2009, 21:04 LOC

Added the ability to disable sticky aim with dual guns

That's in the changelog. The cover system works as intended, and isn't "consoley crap" as you say. It's an FPS cover system, and quite a good one I'd say no?

News Comments > Activision Shooter Announcement Nears
1. Re: Activision Shooter Announcement Near Sep 20, 2009, 11:48 LOC

Call of Duty 7? (or would it be 8 after WaW 2? lol)  

News Comments > Monolith Game Hints
1. Re: Monolith Game Hints Sep 20, 2009, 11:47 LOC

Please, PLEASE let this be Shogo 2.  

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
5. Re: Battlefield 2 Patch Sep 1, 2009, 14:17 LOC

It might be a fairly small changelist considering the amount of time involved, but they are pretty huge changes overall to the game as well.  

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Trailer
8. Re: Heroes of Newerth Trailer Aug 31, 2009, 02:46 LOC

Well considering Heroes of Newerth won't be free (it's gonna cost $30 or so according to S2) I doubt it'll get huge like DotA. Then again, maybe it will.

League of Legends on the other hand, made by one of the main DotA guys originally, will be free and I see more people going to that one. But then again, HoN is way more polished and LoL (lol?) needs plenty of polish work.

News Comments > Killing Floor Content Pack
1. Re: Killing Floor Content Pack Aug 20, 2009, 21:34 LOC

Awesome, content is awesome. The AK-47 is really nice and feels great. The new map is very well done (probably the best map so far). And the Katana, is just a tad overpowered, especially if you have your melee perk leveled up at all. I mean you can literally one hit a Fleshpound with the Katana lol

Overall though, great update. Awesome new content. Lots of people playing it and apparently, enjoying it

News Comments > Tripwire Publishing Killing Floor in NA
2. Re: Tripwire Publishing Killing Floor in Aug 19, 2009, 08:25 LOC

It's a seriously fun game. And well worth the $20 I think. There are already a ton of custom maps (not to mention all the maps being made for the mapping contest Tripwire is running for the game) and even modded servers that allow 30 or so players instead of the normal 6.

I loved the mod version, and the retail version is SO much better in my opinion. It could use a bit more polish here and there obviously, but overall it's a really fun game. I'd actually much rather play Killing Floor than Left 4 Dead.

Also, like with Red Orchestra, we're gonna get quite a few updates for the game I'm sure. We've already got a paid DLC out (skins/models for a paltry $1.99) and shortly they are going to release free DLC with a new map and two new weapons (AK-47 and the Katana). Can't beat that really.

God I sound like a salesman...

News Comments > Killing Floor Patch & DLC
1. Re: Killing Floor Patch & DLC Jul 24, 2009, 20:57 LOC

Actually this doesn't include the free DLC (map and weapons) just the "premium" new skins/models. The map and weapons will be out within the next couple of weeks or so.  

News Comments > Miner Wars Announced
3. Re: Miner Wars Announced Jul 15, 2009, 15:17 LOC

Please new Forsaken please? Thanks.  

News Comments > Street Fighter IV PC Next Week
3. Re: Street Fighter IV PC Next Week Jun 29, 2009, 14:32 LOC

I think I'm going to wait to see how online net play is before I make my final decision. It's boring playing with yourself all the time.

I'm pretty sure the netcode will be rock solid. If they are using the same netcode from the X360/PS3 version, it's awesomely good code. (I don't see why they wouldn't use the same netcode after all)

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2009, 14:32.

News Comments > ARMA II Everywhere
5. Re: ARMA II Everywhere Jun 29, 2009, 14:29 LOC

I think DICE already said BC2 won't have any sort of SDK or any modding ability for PC. I doubt very much the PR guys could do anything with the game then.  

News Comments > Alien Arena 2009 Released
3. Re: Alien Arena 2009 Released Jun 20, 2009, 14:11 LOC

Yeah true, but Alien Arena is based off the Q2 engine, not the Q3 engine. Just in case you didn't know Oh and Nexuiz, uses the Darkplaces engine, which is based off the Q1 engine, heh.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2009, 14:12.

134 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo