Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel Anderson

Real Name Joel Anderson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Toebot
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 14, 2006, 02:57
Total Comments 180 (Novice)
User ID 30271

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > PC KUF: Circle of Doom Doomed?
9. No subject Oct 16, 2007, 10:16 Toebot

Of course the Bioware acquisition affects Mass Effect, now EA profits from Bioware's work. But, I don't have an Xbox and wont buy Xbox so do I give two shits?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. System Shock 2 Oct 13, 2007, 01:38 Toebot

Well that explains it, I always thought that SS2 was a great game in it's own right, but as a sequel it sorta sucked. Bioshock is more of a sequel to SS1 than SS2. At least as far game mechanics.

News Comments > On BioWare/Pandemic's Future
15. Bioware isn't what it used to be, Oct 12, 2007, 02:42 Toebot

Good riddance. Mass Effect? Was that going to be a PS3 game or not? Irrelevant now, I haven't bought (or even stolen) an EA game since System Shock 2. EA sucks -> Bioware sucks.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
12. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 21:05 Toebot

I'll pick up the eventual combo package. By then I may have a video card that will play the game with an FPS over 10, maybe.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Update Plans
25. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 10:18 Toebot

Dragon Age which is an extremely ambitious PC RPG

Dragon Age is an MMO, and if they could do it on a console, I'm sure they would. (As long as it's taking to develop, I'd wager they've wasted allot of time trying to make it work on a console.) As for 'extremely ambitious', that remains to be seen.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 versus Mac Round II
38. Mac's, Linux, don't make me laugh Oct 8, 2007, 23:05 Toebot

The gaming industry can barely scrape out a couple grade A titles every year for the PC. Watching someone argue on behalf of Apple is pure farce.

MMO's and shitty console ports: the future of PC gaming. Deal with it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Yahtzee! Oct 3, 2007, 22:56 Toebot

He nails another one to the cross and pisses on it liberally, Spot on.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. SCO's McBride... Oct 3, 2007, 15:32 Toebot

I don't want to go on the cart...

I feel happy! I feel happy!

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans & Creative Audio Issue
6. No subject Sep 30, 2007, 17:45 Toebot

I believe the middle-ware in question is Miles Sound System, which can sometimes be quite effective, but usually you would be better off using the PC speaker. I'd be pissed off too. I'm sure Blizzard is doing this just to accommodate Vista.

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Demo
67. Meh, Sep 28, 2007, 00:43 Toebot

The last Clive Barker game kicked this one in the balls.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 00:44.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. ...Hoping 'Halo' Is Goodbye... Sep 22, 2007, 13:50 Toebot

Gee, what could Sony do to steel Microsoft's thunder? How about slashing the price on the stylized Blue-Ray player they're trying to pass off as a game console.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Q&A
15. No subject Sep 15, 2007, 21:52 Toebot

What I don't understand is why so many think that lack of an isometric POV and real-time combat are the primary criticisms of Bethesda's Fallout attempt. It just ain't the case.

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
38. No subject Sep 14, 2007, 04:37 Toebot

If you want to continue to use DX9 and bitch about DX10 and Vista go ahead, where is it getting you?

It's getting me in line to buy a PS3. About the time my PC is relegated to surfing the web and maybe the odd MMO, the PS3 should be just hitting it's stride, as well as substantially cheaper. I can see no reason to maintain a gaming PC at 2 or 3 times the cost of a console, its just foolish. And there's not a chance I'll get an Xbox, Microsoft created this mess on purpose, they can hang.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 13:04 Toebot

Mouseovers and popups cross the line, any site that runs them should have all their ads blocked.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 13:05.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
15. CCC is a flakey POS. Sep 10, 2007, 17:05 Toebot

It's always a mystery what a new install will do. Maybe it will work, maybe the wrong version was packaged with the new driver or maybe it will just crash the system entirely. And my whole system is AMD/ATI, if any setup should be error free... I'm beginning to think they just can't compete anymore.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 17:06.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. ...nets $10,000 for Habitat... Sep 8, 2007, 15:39 Toebot

Everyone that still plays the game pitched in 5 bucks. Kinda sad in a way, imagine if WoW players did the same.

News Comments > Morning Q&As - Crysis "10-20 Hours"
4. ...about 10 hours. Sep 6, 2007, 14:31 Toebot

Crytek, looking to repeat the success of Far Cry, decides to cut the game to one fourth the length of it's predecessor. "We're going to make up for the incredible lack of content by making really pretty graphics, EA and Microsoft told us this was the true path to greatness. Enjoy!"

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Delusional? Sep 4, 2007, 08:01 Toebot

I don't know why anyone still holds out hope this game will be anything but OWG; every preview fairly well screams this fact. If anything, NWA is providing a public service, lowering any misplaced expectations that still may exist. This game was doomed to mediocrity from day one, for one simple reason, no one at Bethesda can write. Morrowind and Oblivion are notable only because the writers managed to string together so many tired and abused clichés.

I don't give two shits that the game isn't isometric or turn based, those mechanics died years ago, but it's obvious that the game designers don't appreciate the nuance of the Fallout universe. Even if they did, I don't believe anyone there is clever enough to pen a story even remotely true to the originals. Fallout 3? Whatever.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Mass Effect Ships... Yawn, Sep 1, 2007, 19:13 Toebot

Oh, and before I forget, fuck Bioware.

News Comments > Free Command & Conquer
13. No subject Sep 1, 2007, 03:04 Toebot

THE ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL!

I thought Dune II started it all.

180 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >