Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel Anderson

Real Name Joel Anderson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Toebot
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 14, 2006, 02:57
Total Comments 180 (Novice)
User ID 30271

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Ubisoft and EA on PS3 price May 19, 2007, 01:38 Toebot

They have every right to counsel Sony on the PS3's price (I read the article, it didn't sound very demanding or arrogant to me). They can make money selling Wii games, their shareholders don't give a damn what generates the dividends. The PS3 is overpriced, it's a fact.

This comment was edited on May 19, 01:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
1. LotRO May 18, 2007, 14:23 Toebot

Is it fair to critique a game based on its 'community'? (And wouldn't doing so make WoW a stinking pile of shit?) I guess it's OK to consider the community of an MMOG, but I wouldn't weigh that appraisal very heavily or even include it in the score.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Casting
55. And Johnny Depp voiced PotC May 8, 2007, 20:30 Toebot

So? It still sucked ass. A solid game wouldn't need a well known actor. The more I hear about this game the more convinced I am that it will be a piece of commercial crap.

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
60. It'll be Starcraft 2 May 7, 2007, 02:02 Toebot

The chance that it will be a Starcraft MMO are just about nil, mostly because there is no pool of MMOSG's that Blizzard can rip-off, homogenize and milk for a fortune.

This comment was edited on May 7, 02:17.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Closed Testing
12. The graphics arn't bad May 2, 2007, 17:24 Toebot

For an MMO, adequate is good enough anyway. It does look like they borrowed some people from CoH/CoV, the texturing and lighting look similar. Given that this is primarily a PvE game, the AI better be the best in the business. Otherwise the game will last about as long as Vanguard.

News Comments > Van Buren (Ex-Fallout 3) Tribute
13. No subject May 1, 2007, 04:21 Toebot

None of those games had a another sequel because the companies went broke. Except System Shock, I suspect it didn't get a sequel because EA couldn't figure out how to make it profitable to do a yearly edition, System Shock 2007 anyone?

And I've reached a conclusion, Fallout 3 will suck, it will suck on the same scale Jurassic Park:Trespasser sucked, as Daikatana sucked. Why? Because Bethesda can't write decent stories, all they can do is cut and paste clichés, end to end. They just aren't clever. Capable - even skilled, but not clever.

This comment was edited on May 1, 04:23.

News Comments > Warren Spector Q&A
3. But... Apr 27, 2007, 12:22 Toebot

Romero and company were long gone by the time Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 were very far into production. Perhaps, just maybe, if they had been around drawing Eidos' attention those games wouldn't have sucked out loud. (And no, Shalebridge Cradle didn't rescue the rest of the game.)

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 12:22.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Delay
9. No subject Apr 26, 2007, 18:35 Toebot

So EA, looking to get in on some of that WoW-like cash flow, buys Mythic. (Too bad their own talentless hacks couldn't make another playable MMO to save their asses.) Vanguard is released way to early and starts down the slow road to oblivion. Everyone takes notice. Good for Mythic though, they talk EA out of enough cash to keep polishing their game(turd?). Don't really know or care about this game, I don't patronize EA, I just hope it gives the sociopaths and other gankers enough to keep them entertained and out the good the games.

News Comments > KOTOR MMORPG?
22. Bioware = Great Games? Apr 26, 2007, 00:49 Toebot

I guess I'm alone in thinking Jade Empire was one of the most horrendously average games ever made. And the PC port was, to be kind, sub-par. Frankly, I didn't think KOTOR was exactly "Game of the Year" material either.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lord of the Rings Online
13. No subject Apr 24, 2007, 12:50 Toebot

The game's been open to anyone interested for the last couple weeks, no credit card needed. I've rarely seen so much advertising for a free trial. I'm sure they will offer another, but will you notice?

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 12:50.

News Comments > PC Gaming Rebounds?
33. MMO's and shitty console ports, Apr 23, 2007, 17:03 Toebot

Enjoy!!!!

(And why am I spending $400 on a video card again?)
This comment was edited on Apr 23, 17:05.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Eight Reasons.... err Five Reasons Apr 20, 2007, 19:47 Toebot

3 of them are just quibbling bullshit.

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout
19. I'll ask again... Apr 13, 2007, 13:10 Toebot

Does any of this mean that Fallout 3 will suck out loud? (I'm zeroing in on an answer!)

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 13:15.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Screwed up? Apr 13, 2007, 09:29 Toebot

I believe that is called obstruction of Justice. Sooner or later their arrogance will catch up to them.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Expand
17. Uh oh, Apr 12, 2007, 15:44 Toebot

Does all this mean that Fallout 3 will suck out loud?

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online SE Announced
10. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2007, 15:36 Toebot

I'd say it's a strong WoW wannabe, looks good, plays good, cheaper. As IP's go, I've never cared for the Warcraft universe and WoW hasn't changed that. LoTRO has the best IP in all the history of fantasy, plus you get an original storyline set in the Tolkien universe. I'd say it can't miss.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Sorry, but no Apr 8, 2007, 19:37 Toebot

Microsoft didn't sell us out, they are doing what all monopolists do - squeeze the market for all they can get. The sellouts are all the 3rd party vendors going along with Microsoft, as if jumping on the Vista bandwagon is going to pay some sort of grand dividend. Maybe it will, in the short term, but now that Microsoft has finally figured out a way to turn the PC into a proprietary system, the next revenue source will be, you guessed it, 3rd party vendors.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 19:38.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Open Beta World Tour
11. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2007, 16:04 Toebot

If the game tanks it's because the world has slipped into a recession bad enough that food takes priority over entertainment. This game will be second only to WoW by the end of the year.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 20:09.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Beta/Subscription Plans
8. Look at the map... Mar 23, 2007, 11:05 Toebot

If they deliver on all the content and carry the story through to completion, that $200 will be the best spent money in MMO history, regardless of the cost of the expansions.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 11:06.

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
102. MMO's may become the norm.... Mar 10, 2007, 03:10 Toebot

When companies accept the notion that they wont be able to charge for the client.

180 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo