Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul Hampton

Real Name Paul Hampton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Apaullo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9238001
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 20:18
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 2857

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 AU Woes?
35. Maybe they'll just download it... Oct 26, 2004, 12:10 Apaullo

I don't support piracy, and I'm not implying Ozzies for taking that route so they can play the game. But the way I've always seen it, the two biggest steps for software companies to combat piracy are:

#1). Make it available, and,
#2). Make it affordable.

The OFLC is prohibiting #1 from even happening. Maybe Valve/Vivendi/Sierra has a new target for piracy lawsuits because of this, as I'm sure this will create more problems than it solves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Steam Update - 9 *AM* Mar 2, 2004, 14:15 Apaullo

Somewhere between Frans and Blue there was a 12 hour error, it's AM, not PM - I noticed this last night when I went on steampowered.com

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Bongo Project?? Sep 28, 2003, 13:14 Apaullo

Hey Blue... no URL is linked to that (http:\\\)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
678. Take Care Blue Sep 22, 2003, 19:12 Apaullo

My thoughts and prayers are with you....

Paul "apaullo" Hampton

News Comments > No DOOM 3 This Year
128. Why Play A Beta? Jul 25, 2003, 17:27 Apaullo

"When It's Done" is better than "When It's Done Enough". Think about it. Remember when Quake II came out... and how BUGGY it was, out of the box? How long was it between that time, and the v3.20 FINAL patch release? Same with Unreal I, perhaps an even better example.

To see what I mean, try this: Install Unreal I (the original release CD) on your system and play through 4 or 5 levels. The graphic performance, both OpenGL and D3D, are poor. The textures are different. The weapons look different. The weapons SOUND different. The game FEELS different---it's like playing a f*cking BETA, Actually, that's exactly what it was when it came out, after all that time, the first game to incorporate that new engine.

So think of it this way - Duke Nukem Forever was out a long time ago. And Doom III was out for a couple months already. Only now, the Beta testers are limited to company employees, rather than all of us.

UNREAL remains one of my favorite SP games of all time, second only to HALF-LIFE. Playing through UNREAL that first time was one of the most pleasurable gaming experiences I can remember. I'd just remember it being a lot better yet if the game was actually done, and not done "enough".

News Comments > Take Two versus Duke
56. One thing's for sure.... Jun 15, 2003, 23:07 Apaullo

This thread, since it began, has a substantially more amount of keystrokes in it than have come out of either 3DR's or Take2's entire corporation of PCs' keyboards, at least towards DNF.

Let's quit paying a whole lot of attention to a whole lot of nothing.

News Comments > New Jedi Knight Shooter?
20. The title? Jan 23, 2003, 17:06 Apaullo

First, there was Dark Forces. Then Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. Then Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Any bets this new title will contain "Jedi Outcast II" when in fact it should be "Dark Forces IV"?? :-)

News Comments > UT2003 Demo Definitely This Week (Maybe)
77. Re: 2003 in 2002? sounds good to me Sep 11, 2002, 01:48 Apaullo

Heh... hey at least we're not hearing NOTHING (note the double-negative), and "When It's Done". I was looking forward to this for a long time, but I'm passing the current time blasting my way through MAFIA (and loving it).

News Comments > More on the WTC Disaster (Updated)
159. 911 Sep 11, 2001, 15:24 Apaullo

(9/11 - That's today's date.) And those hijacked planes were all California-bound - from Boston. The bastards wanted and got full tanks of fuel for maximum destructive effect.

This day had been planned for years, and our world will never be the same because of it. My condolences and prayers for all victims and families.

This sucks... everywhere.

Paul Hampton (a.k.a. Apaullo)
Winnipeg, Canada

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo