Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname K
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 19, 2006, 22:36
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 28451

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > RIFT Account Security Measures
20. Re: RIFT Account Security Measures Mar 20, 2011, 08:10 K

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 18:39:
Everytime I log in since the last patch it says I'm "coinlocked" for logging in from multiple IP addresses. Simply. Not. True. Good job guys, A+.

Oh well, I am bored with how generic the game is anyways, wasn't planning on playing past the first month.

Did you put in the code you got via email? /facepalm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > InstantAction Closed
10. Re: InstantAction Closed Nov 12, 2010, 09:55 K

Instant Action was at PAX this year, but while the map of the show floor said Instant Action the actual booth had no Instant Action branding whatsoever. Their main focus was Instant Jam, a Facebook integrated guitar game. While the game was cool, it was just guitar hero connected to Facebook. Nothing special. They could have done some amazing things with it, but I think they got over their head.

They should have stuck with their old format, they might have lasted longer.

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
20. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2008, 12:14 K

A different perspective...

No subject Aug 29, 10:56 xXBatmanXx

Let's put some common sense and reality into this:

1. Gamers shall have the right to return games that don't work with their computers for a full refund.

-Because of piracy, no way to implement this, it would be such a mistake to allow this on any level.

*Yeap, have to agree with you on this one.

2. Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.

-Never happen. Never has happened, never will happen. Even games of the first couple generations had issues.

*What are you talking about? It's only because developers are up against artificial deadlines that we get games released before they are ready. Crysis was a fucking joke. It took me a week to play through to the last level, and then month of reinstalling and playing again just to get through the aircraft carrier level because every time I started the level I would fall through the geometry. I won't be buying Crysis Warhead because of this. It was months before they even acknowledged there was a problem. On the same note, EA released BF2 and BF 2142 in generally good condition, but refused to integrate widescreen support because it would give some players an advantage. Fuck you EA. They have the ability to release polished games, some put their shareholders before their customers.

3. Gamers shall have the right to expect meaningful updates after a game's release.

-a right? pffft. NES games never had updates.

*Hrmmm, if we are talking about MMO's then yes, I can see where updates would be necessary. But a game that is released doesn't need any updates if it is released bug-free. Additional content shouldn't be expected for all games.

4. Gamers shall have the right to demand that download managers and updaters not force themselves to run or be forced to load in order to play a game.

-you don't own the game, you have a license to use it.

*Having a license to play the game doesn't mean that a download manager or updater has to be installed. The game itself is all that should be installed. Anything else including should have an option for opting out without hindering gameplay.

5. Gamers shall have the right to expect that the minimum requirements for a game will mean that the game will adequately play on that computer.

-you have to be retarded to think this.

*Again, this goes back to developers polishing the game. They can scale the models and textures so that they play on a wide range of machines. They have the ability to test the games out before they release them. It's up to the developer to list accurate requirements. Retardation has nothing to do with it...

6. Gamers shall have the right to expect that games won't install hidden drivers or other potentially harmful software without their express consent.

-read the EULA, if you don't read it, then you don't know that you already agreed to this.

*How can you read the EULA before buying the game? What about when EULA's break the law like Sony's rootkit fiasco? What if you read the EULA and decide you don't want the game because of its wording...you are stuck with the game because the retailer won't take the game back.

7. Gamers shall have the right to re-download the latest versions of the games they own at any time.

-??? ummmm.....what?

*Gamers already have this right...I have all my CD keys going back a decade. Some of the discs are unusable but if I get the urge to play any of those games again I can do so guilt-free because I hold a valid license. As far as online download services like Steam, I know that you can download whatever you own from at least Steam. I have no experience with any of the others, but this should be a no-brainer. If you buy it from an online service, you should be able to download it or make backups.

8. Gamers shall have the right to not be treated as potential criminals by developers or publishers.

-You aren't. Anyone that feels this needs to chill.

*Yes we are. If we weren't lumped into the criminal category then we would be able to return games at retail.

9. Gamers shall have the right to demand that a single-player game not force them to be connected to the Internet every time they wish to play.

-You don't have to.

*This has been proposed. Once installed it should be able to play. Also, you should be able to install it as many times as you want. Limiting the number of installations is plain stupid and frustrating.

10. Gamers shall have the right that games which are installed to the hard drive shall not require a CD/DVD to remain in the drive to play.

-Not really an issue. Although annoying, big deal.

*Huge issue for me. I hate having to scrounge around for my discs.

-Whew. made it. Just sounds like a bunch of complaining to me. You have the FREEDOM to not play any game. Use your wallet and that FREEDOM to show developers you mean business. Publishing a list like this won't get that done.

-Move along.

I agree, vote with your wallet.

News Comments > Vanguard Patch Plans
3. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 21:43 K

There are different servers for different tastes. There are PVP, Non-PVP and RP servers to choose from. I have played with it for a bit and have found it pretty enjoyable so far.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Jailbreak
3. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2007, 12:35 K

I can't wait to try this. I used to play Quake 2 Jailbreak quite a bit when it came out.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest: The Serpent's Spine
2. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2006, 18:38 K

It would cost you $50. SOE releases all previous expansions plus the orginal game whenever a new expansion comes out. So if you decided to pick it up today you would pay $19.99 for the Platinum pack and then $29.99 for the new expansion.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo