Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mexpak

Real Name mexpak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mexpak
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 18, 2006, 12:33
Total Comments 42 (Suspect)
User ID 28414

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
5. Re: Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Mar 26, 2009, 13:31 mexpak

I can't tell if the choice of GFW was good or not for DoW2. On one hand, it stopped the release of the patch you guys are bitching for from coming out, but only because that patch would've fucked the game up even more.

Still, Relic has an uncanny ability to hold themselves back

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 Trailer
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 Trailer Dec 7, 2008, 09:50 mexpak

I'm much more interested in Starcraft II, even though I never played the original

If you played Starcraft and Company of Heroes you'd be more much excited for DoW2 than Starcraft 2

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2008, 09:50.

News Comments > Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Update
3. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2008, 21:23 mexpak

This could turn it around for Vanguard

News Comments > New Free Grimm Episode
2. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2008, 16:13 mexpak

Whats wrong with gametap?

News Comments > Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising Announced
3. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2008, 19:45 mexpak

Wish Gametap would set a date on this already, been hoping to play it for a bit

News Comments > American McGee's Grimm Episode One Free Today
12. No subject Jul 31, 2008, 08:21 mexpak

Creating an account with gametap is free, and allows you to play the free portion of their catalogue (after a 30 second ad OH MY GOD END OF THE WORLD 30 SECONDS!).

News Comments > Call of Duty 5 Details - Co-op Support
18. Re: O yea WWII..Again Jun 9, 2008, 12:38 mexpak

Hating on WW2 games is a great way to miss out on some really excellent games.

News Comments > Steam Cloud Plans
40. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 10:55 mexpak

This new initiative sounds great. Unlike Microsoft, they aren't making you pay for the ability for these things and they'll probably actually work too. Valve keeps the ball rolling once again

News Comments > Vanguard Updated
5. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 11:02 mexpak

I love it when people blame SoE for this mess when it was clearly Sigil and McQuaid

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Age of Conan
27. Re: No subject May 21, 2008, 13:53 mexpak

Hopefully they will have a free trial period to demonstrate these changes because after playing the open beta my money is staying put until I see proof that the game is better today than it was then.

In the final week or so of closed beta, they patched the game up to about what release was going to be and I have to say I was amazed at the difference. The game played a lot smoother at higher settings, it was rock solid stable, majority of bugs I had run into were squashed, lag was non-existant and a lot of missing features were added.

Anyone who was interested but had a bad impression from the beta should give it a try, whether a purchase or a trial. It really appeared that the game was going to be a stinker, but these guys were much more on top of things and organized than they were given credit for. The "it's just beta, they have a magic build" excuse turned out to be a reality for a change.

I'm not claiming its perfect, I'm probably not even going to pick it up because MMOs just aren't my thing/huge backlog to go through still, but it's definitely worth a second look.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Patch
6. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 14:26 mexpak

Nope, still wants the DVD in the drive too every once in awile, cause ya never know, you may have become a pirate since the last time it checked.

That happens when the server is down, which should hopefully be a lot less often after this patch.

No, they aren't out to get you

News Comments > Boston Goes After Games
11. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2008, 10:28 mexpak

I remember getting haircuts with my dad when I was a kid, and this guy was always in the barber shop, shortly before he ran for mayor.

If only he knew the nightly slaughter that occured by my hands(and mouse)...

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
16. Re: Oh well Mar 5, 2008, 14:27 mexpak

Oh my god, I didn't realize. That does sound like a lot to do. Hopefully you don't get exhausted carrying the extra weight and pressing that eject button occasionally.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest loopholes to play a pirated copy of the game online was through the LAN interface. And of course, that was exploited heavily, which is one of the reasons why they added the protection in the first place.

Relic's done a fantastic job supporting the game and the community. There's bit a couple rough spots balance wise, but they've continued to support the game and interact with the community to get things where they need to be. It must be quite disheartning to work so much on the game and see tens of thousands of shitheads pirate it. I know I'd try to protect it if it was my work, and that was happening. Even still, they chose what amounts to a fair way of doing things, only to get lambasted over it.

13. Re: Oh well Mar 5, 2008, 14:08 mexpak

Because an online check or CD check is the end of the world, right? It's not some draconian thing like what Bioshock came with for instance.

You either have a legit account to log into or you need the disk in the drive when you first start the game. That's not exactly shitting on customers.

11. Re: Oh well Mar 5, 2008, 13:42 mexpak

It's a shame the game was pirated so much. It's a fantastic game and assholes have to go and ruin it. It sucked to hear the lead designer mention how out of proportion patch downloads are with how many copies of the game sold.

Relic deserves better than to get shit on by pirates like this. All the copy protection is is online authentication, and if you have no net access/servers down, it does a quick disk check.

All of you complaining about that probably pirated it, because it's really no big deal.

News Comments > Windows LIVE Boycott
17. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2008, 12:05 mexpak

PC gaming is the only real reason any of my friends and I need to use Windows. MS is only hurting themselves with these half-hearted, dishonest initiatives. They ought to be a bit more careful.

News Comments > C&C3 Limited Collection & RA3 Beta
3. Re: ... Feb 29, 2008, 23:02 mexpak

Singleplayer, I won't deny C&C holds the crown. Even without playing it, I doubt any random RTS could beat it.

Multiplayer however...if you haven't played Company of Heroes, you're really missing out. Big time.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect May 6
43. Re: Release date, DLC, and Steam Feb 26, 2008, 20:57 mexpak

It's naive to think a company would mark down their product because of whatever savings they may get from Steam/digital distribution. Consider the extra money they make and how that makes the PC platform more lucrative to develop on. And with the advent of this console generation, we end up paying $10 less than our console brethren. Yea, still $50, but better than $60, and the devs have incentive to stick around.

No qualm from me.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Saga Announced
14. No subject Oct 2, 2007, 20:56 mexpak

This is worthless without Sole Survivor.

They better add that when the third compilation with the new expansion comes out next year. Otherwise no sale! I demand my Sole Survivor.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
14. Re: on the fence Sep 26, 2007, 01:16 mexpak

CoH has been like digital crack whenever I play it. Only RTS I've played online in a long-ass time at this point.

The visuals are great, the audio is great, the game mechanics have been great, the morphing battlefield is great. For some reason I get so worked up when I play this and get such a stupid rush everytime. I'm sure most RTS' provide this, but none have pulled me into it like CoH has.

Just an amazing game all around, too bad it seems like their marketing budget for this was about $12.50

42 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo