Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Smooth Gravy

Real Name Smooth Gravy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 14, 2006, 02:06
Total Comments 34 (Suspect)
User ID 28047

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta This Month
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta This Month Sep 20, 2011, 10:49 Smooth Gravy

Cannot wait. Pre-ordered and looking forward to September 27th. Thumbsup

I requested a refund from Steam for MOH though. I would never have bought that game if a pre-order of BF3 achieved the same thing. I only have 18 minutes of played time on the MOH SP and no played time on the MP, so we'll see what they say. Not really expecting a refund, but worth a try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RIFT Six Month Anniversary Celebration Begins
4. Re: RIFT Six Month Anniversary Celebration Begins Aug 25, 2011, 14:56 Smooth Gravy

yeah, it got old quick. I was in a guild that cleared all of the end game content at the time (GSB and RoS) in under 3 hours. Then we'd just twiddle our thumbs and wait a week for the instances to reset. I think they maybe made it too easy to level and gear up.  

News Comments > No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3
24. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 20:19 Smooth Gravy

Yeah, not sure why people could expect anything other than this. It's what they did in BC2 and it works fine.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
12. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 16:21 Smooth Gravy

Don't care. Can't wait  

News Comments > RAGE Wasteland Trailer
21. Re: RAGE Wasteland Trailer Jul 22, 2011, 08:04 Smooth Gravy

shihonage wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 22:28:
I've yet to see a 3D game where textures never look muddy. Rage is going to be great. Borderlands was a complete waste of $50. Can't believe I went for that... the Hellgate London-ey videos should've been enough of a warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2010, 22:24 Smooth Gravy

I love good smoked BBQ myself. My father has been cooking outdoors since I was a kid, so I grew up on smoked meats, deep fried turkey, dutch oven cooking, and regular charcoal grilling. My parents recently bought me an electric smokehouse and I have been wearing it out. I've made some standing rib roasts, a few briskets, and a few dozen racks of pork ribs. Obviously, my wife and I love the ribs and so do our neighbors and friends that have been over. If any of you are into smoking ribs yourself, here is our rib recipe, which I think is hard to beat. We use a dry rub of equal parts brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt and ground black pepper and rub the ribs down the night before. When it's time to cook, we smoke the ribs for two hours at about 250 F. I then take the ribs and wrap them in foil and add some watered down BBQ. Throw them back into the smoker for another 2 hours, but no more wood is needed since the smoke can't get to the meat. Pull them out and let them rest a bit in the foil and then dig in.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta Client
17. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Client Jun 18, 2010, 09:07 Smooth Gravy

I played quite a bit last night. My first impression was that it seemed slow and that I died way easier than in BFBC2. After getting used to it for a bit though, I was able to start getting positive K/D ratios. To speed things up, I change my FOV to 75 (default is 55) and turned up my mouse acceleration which made all the difference. Here are some things I noticed:

• There is very minimal recoil. It doesn't tell you stats, but I feel like I got head shots 75% of the time or more

• Riflemen get a 40mm grenade launcher and smoke grenade, spec ops get a gustav/rpg and a frag grenade, snipers get c4 and a frag grenade

• respawn is almost instantaneous,, although you do have to click on a button to initiate it

• It is very possible to flank the team and end up stringing together several kills in a row IE killing people is much quicker/easier than BFBC2

• sniper rifles are very viable and deadly

• the hand grenades and 40mm grenades do not have as long a range as in BFBC2 or COD. You really have to throw the hand grenade in the air if you want any distance. You can also cook hand grenades

• you cannot non-stop sprint and there seems to bee a cooldown after sprinting a good distance

• I only played the kabul map (team deathmatch), but there are three points on the map that have ammo crates that if you stand next to them, your ammo refills

• knifing is extremely fast but the range is not as long as BFBC2/CoD

• Once you get a kill streak going, you can either call in a mortar strike or give your team UAV

• as noted in other reviews, the terrain is not nearly as destructable as in BFBC2. You can knock boards off of windows and blow up some pieces of light cover, but that is it.

• the minimap has a compass and shows enemies when they fire. there doesn't seem to be any spotting

• You unlock weapons and weapon upgrades on a class to class basis.

• There is probably a ton I am missing but this gives you more of an idea if you haven't played the game or are on the fence about pre-ordering it. The people who are saying it is COD type game play with BFBC2 graphics/sound are spot on. It feels a bit clunky at first, but if you tweak your settings, you will get used to the feel very quickly. There are some definite small glitches/issues, but I would assume these will get ironed out since we are a ways away from the gold date.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer
    13. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 11:54 Smooth Gravy

I could see this working. I'm sure it won't be exactly true to the WH40K universe. They will probably make it something like, if you are an Ork or an Eldar or a non-Space Marine human, you are a hero type versus a foot soldier. For the end game, instead of dragons and wizards, you fight Titans or demons or tyranids maybe. I'd like to see how they will make it unlike a futuristic WoW, or if they even tried to.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    7. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2010, 11:30 Smooth Gravy

We had these last year in our deck and had them exterminated. What I read online is that the bees that hatch will come back each year to lay eggs, so you will end up with a good swarm after awhile. I hate bugs, even if they don't bite, so they had to go. I have seen a few again this year, but they seem to show up for a bit and then leave and I am not seeing any dust, so hopefully they know our deck is a death zone...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced
    22. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced Apr 30, 2010, 13:17 Smooth Gravy

Not to mention that I can't think of many other industries where people demand they be catered to specifically because they were there first even when the company has moved away from their market due to vastly increasing profits. If you want game companies to cater to you spend money on them. The console players spend so much more on these companies that of course they get more attention.

I just assumed console players accepted whatever was given to them. Guess I was wrong.

News Comments > PC Gamer on "Bad Company 2 Patch Fiasco"
    13. Re: PC Gamer on Mar 18, 2010, 08:51 Smooth Gravy

Jackplug wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 04:41:
    thank god i didnt buy it, sounds like patch 1.3 for BF2..

I have not had any issues, so I may have a different opinion if I were crashing all of the time or lagging, etc., but this game is VERY good. Way better than MW2 or any other FPS out right now. This is the most fun I've had with a game since cod4.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 DLC on 360 First [Updated]
    6. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 DLC on 360 First? Jan 7, 2010, 14:17 Smooth Gravy

most importantly, when can i expect a pirated version of this for PC...  

News Comments > PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo
    4. Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Dec 31, 2009, 22:56 Smooth Gravy

anyone ever play the PT boat game on mac back in 92 or so? I thought that game was awesome.  

News Comments > ArchLord Beta
    1. installed it the other night.... Sep 13, 2006, 22:09 Smooth Gravy

and uninstalled it in five minutes. it's like a crappier version of shadowbane..

34 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo