Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Florian Hötzinger

Real Name Florian Hötzinger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 3124363
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.zockerdeals.de
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1131 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Kane's Wrath Patch SNAFU
3. Re: WTF? Jul 9, 2008, 07:57 Flo

I really can't believe this. They've been using the SAGE engine since Generals and STILL don't know how to provide a smooth online gaming experience. And something tells me that all this shit is going to happen again with the release of Red Alert 3.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate Intro
1. NWN2 Jul 8, 2008, 02:30 Flo

I recently played through Mask of the Betrayer and despite one nasty crash bug and the infamous NWN2 camera I enjoyed it. Some nice actual role playing in there and a great "planetouched" story. Now I remember how many hours I pumped into NWN1 and countless awesome user modules. Gues I'll start browsing the NWN2 module hall of fame on nwvault.com  

News Comments > Dragon Age Website, More Wednesday
7. Re: Been a long time coming... Jul 7, 2008, 11:59 Flo

I wish the industry and its studios would move to a release/announcement model similar to Apple's. Now I'm no fan of Apple but I like the fact that you can order a product the moment it's on their web page (Iphone was an exception I think). Sure, videogames need their marketing hype but please don't start with it until the retail release is imminent.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Website, More Wednesday
2. Re: So? Jul 7, 2008, 10:09 Flo

I recently played through Obsidian's Mask of the Betrayer and that made me wonder what Bioware is doing with Dragon Age. I am excited now.  

News Comments > LEGO Batman Movie
10. Re: Indy vs Batman Jul 5, 2008, 03:38 Flo

Go social experiment , go!!  

News Comments > Microsoft's Anti-PC Gaming Policy
47. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2008, 10:18 Flo

because Europe is Sony- and Nintendo-Land. Not because of MS being an american company, but because the games on the 360 are more to the taste of US consumers than anyone else.

At least the 360 has some games (ok now at least every ps3 owner can go out and buy mgs4)

Seriously, PS3 software sales are still extremely low, everyone is jumping on the cheap blu ray train.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Kotaku Diablo III Jul 2, 2008, 10:16 Flo

Please, someone has to stop this Kotaku "journalism"!  

News Comments > Microsoft's Anti-PC Gaming Policy
39. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2008, 06:17 Flo

Damn those Germans are smart.

Thank you
But I do think that Microsoft in this case didn't incorporate the fact that the Playstation brand is way more present in Europe. The PS3 has already matched the xbox 360 in sales numbers over here, see http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&start=39250&end=39614&weekly=1

So it's not just the PC alone that gives them a headache over here.

2nd edit: Oh and Halo 3 REALLY was a generic game from a PC player's point of view. I played it on the 360...

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 06:26.

News Comments > Crytek: PC Sales to Piracy Ratio 1:15 or 1:20
95. Re: No subject Jun 28, 2008, 05:41 Flo

CoD4 came away with a rather significant number almost as big as the actual number of copies sold at the time. I think you can do a calculation like that even on your own and see for yourself.
The thing is, most of the torrent downloaders are freeriders and wouldn't have bought a copy of COD4 anyway but they might buy the next game from them.

News Comments > Valve: PC Gaming is the Future
18. Re: Yay Gabe Jun 28, 2008, 02:39 Flo

PC gaming will thrive again when Joe Average buys a new laptop (and let's face it, he WILL buy a laptop) and it already includes a decent graphics card to play current games. On the other hand, developers/publishers have to make sure that these games actually RUN on that hardware and don't require an expensive desktop graphics card.

Good example: Source Engine Games run great and look great on my 8600m GS based laptop (hardly cutting edge)

Bad example: Neverwinter Nights 2, Crysis: Run choppy even on lower settings and look ugly.

But even without cutting edge 3D graphics we have so much unused potential. I recently ran through my dusty games collection and found Baldur's Gate and Jagged Alliance 2. The visuals of those games are just great and don't require a 3D card. The PC has such a large back catalogue of great games which is not at all exploited. I mean do some advertising for those games and sell them digitally for 10 bucks.
I could go on and on, so much potential left untapped...

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 02:40.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 04:20 Flo

Dumb. Agreed. Being offended by a strategy game... *shakes head*  

News Comments > Frontline Demo Soon
9. Re: Waste Jun 27, 2008, 03:14 Flo

Played the 360 MP Demo and although it was kind of fun I can't say there's anything in it that would pull a PC player away from TF2, Quake Wars, etc etc.  

News Comments > Fallen Empire: Legions Beta
27. Re: Sounds worse than Tribes Vengeance Jun 25, 2008, 09:36 Flo

Vengeance had one hell of a great Single Player Story (I replayed it some weeks ago) but small maps and the vehicles killed it in Multiplayer (and no support/marketing etc.)  

21. Re: Fun Jun 25, 2008, 04:06 Flo

We definitely have to get them change the Sniper Rifle  

19. Fun Jun 25, 2008, 03:41 Flo

Well after a few matches I can say that it's good fun. I encountered some connection problems and crashes and the sniper rifle is kinda weird. But the movement is there and it's easy to jump in. Couldn't figure out how to default to fullscreen mode on launch, though.
Now how do they want to make money with it once out of beta? I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it, but about 20 bucks (if there's enough content) should be okay.
Edit: @Beaner, I think they don't see the original Tribes gameplay attratcting a large audience (too hardcore) and that's why they change things. For me it would be okay if we could just have an updated Tribes 1.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 03:43.

11. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 01:44 Flo

Count me in! Hope to see some old school Tribes fans from this board. Nick: hoetzi
Edit: Agree with Jerykk, it's Tribes light with a strange control scheme for the jets and I don't like it starting in non-fullscreen mode. But I think this has some potential if you just wanna have a quick match with some friends, without making sure everyone has a specific game installed.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 01:54.

News Comments > Spore Galactic Edition
2. Re: Low Low price Jun 24, 2008, 11:40 Flo

WOW, for the low low price of only $80.
Hey that's about 50 EUR which will be the price of the standard edition here in germany

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Ships in EU; DRM Info
4. Re: Ugh... Jun 20, 2008, 10:20 Flo

German 4players.de was threatened by them. http://www.4players.de/4players.php/kommentar/Spielkultur/1803943/58/index.html

Edit: AND ATARI pulled their ad-campaign for AitD from their site.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 10:21.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Atari threatens 4players.de over AitD Jun 20, 2008, 09:06 Flo

Hi guys,
this article http://www.4players.de/4players.php/kommentar/Spielkultur/1803943/58/index.html basically says that Atari pulled its ad campaign from 4players.de over a 68% review of the new Alone in the Dark. ATARI also says they are "breaking the law" with this review and demanded that they pull the review and delete all screenshots.
I didn't find an englisch language source for this, sorry.
Those bastards.

News Comments > The Witcher: Enhanced Edition in September
12. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 06:15 Flo

And let's not forget that with this level of support chances are high I will buy their next game.  

1131 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo