Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Florian Hötzinger

Real Name Florian Hötzinger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 3124363
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.zockerdeals.de
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1185 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 03:05 Flo

Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 01:13:
walrus1 wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 00:23:
Redmask wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 22:38:
NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:38:
How dare a company fire people! You should have your job until you don't want it anymore or are deemed incompetent! These evil fucks and their changing staffing needs.

That unimpressive hyperbole misses the point. That's a lot of fucking jobs lost for a company whose mistakes have arguably been management related. They certainly have the right to fire people but that doesn't mean people have to like it or that they can't criticize it.

Our corporate overlords demand that we remain silent and buy without question.

Seriously 18,000 people that's eighteen thousand people just got fired due mostly to both Nokia and Microsoft's incompetencey. Yet Microsoft's stock went up today. This is very wrong!

But
it
isn't
incompetency

It's like shouting at a mountain or something here. No matter how many times you point out that Microsoft isn't doing this due to their incompetency, people that haven't looked into it at all make that assumption and spew it all over the internet.

As usual, Beamer is one of the few smart guys around here...

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 03:04 Flo

Lord Tea wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 02:19:
They can blame that on Windows 8 and the Xbox One, two major products that are totally sub-standard.
ARRRG , NO, for the 1000th time, it's because they can't support all of the people from the Nokia takeover, of course there is A LOT of redundancy...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 8, 2014, 04:30 Flo

Beamer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 20:50:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 15:09:
Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 11:20:
Also, 10% of MS's workforce... damn. That's a LOT of people...

That's what happens when you produce a tablet operating system and market is as a desktop operating system. OOPPSS!!

Yeah, but you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. To the point that your post is completely, absolutely wrong in every way, and just reading the article would show you that.

As the article says, Microsoft grew 25% when it bought Nokia, and many of those positions are redundant. They had to take on beancounters, but the thing with beancounters is one guy can count many, many beans, and do it from far away, so you don't need many. People like that, when companies get acquired, lose their jobs because they don't do anything that made the company worth buying and the buyer already has people ready to do what they do. For instance, Nokia has a big marketing team for the Lumia. Microsoft has a big marketing team for the Windows Phone. Many of those people do the exact same thing. They can't all stay.

As for "OOOPPSS!," well, yeah, Windows 8 hasn't been a huge success and many hate it. But Microsoft's stock is up since it was released. Here's the thing: cutting salary CAN be due to reduced revenues as seen in the stock price falling. Or it can be because you bought a new company and have obvious redundancies - people whose jobs literally no longer exist. Or it can be because a new leader took over and wants to streamline and change the way some things are done.

You guessed the wrong one. But that's kind of the problem with people that are solely consumers making huge assumptions without educating themselves, or at least reading the article. They see one thing and that's all they understand. You're the type of guy that would have thought IBM selling Thinkpad to Lenovo was a sign of doom because it's the only thing about IBM you knew.

Whoa, Beamer, you are one of the few smart persons around here.
+1000

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month
7. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month Jul 2, 2014, 15:35 Flo

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:31:
Finish the goddamned Wolf already!
YES! Fuck that zombie crap!

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
11. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 11:36 Flo

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:39:
Ever since before I tried the PC demo, I knew this was going to be overhyped garbage. Then I tried the demo, and it just solidified that sentiment. Once the novelty wears off, it's Just Another Mediocre Shooter™. Didn't offer enough originality or even fun to warrant a purchase from me. I'm surprised people still play it. :\
Well it was the first multiplayer shooter in years that kept me playing longer than 2 hours (20 hours at the moment). I needed that after the horrible, horrible experience I had with the last Battlefield games...

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
15. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 20, 2014, 02:00 Flo

I decided to go back to the PC again (Macbook pro with Win 8.1 is just too loud when gaming this winter. Gonna buy this Alienware Alpha. That's exactly what I always wanted...  

News Comments > May NPD Reports
6. Re: May NPD Reports Jun 17, 2014, 14:13 Flo

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 13:12:
Verno wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 10:03:
Those XB1 numbers are getting pretty bad, outsold by the 3DS. That $399 SKU better turn things around for them.

I doubt it. They'll have an even harder time convincing people that it can do more out of the box than a PS4 with the Kinect jettisoned. Now it's an apples to apples comparison, and lesser performance at the same price point will be difficult to ignore. That is, if people care to look into the specs at all.
I think MS will announce another SKU this year without the BR drive. They should price it 350 with XBL gold credit or even 300 to get back on their feet.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
21. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:39 Flo

Can anyone tell me what you get when you shell out 60$ (?) for the final retail copy (in 2017 or so...).
I'm totally confused by all this insurance & online universe thing.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
15. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:12 Flo

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:58:
...just...lol...
Most of the Macs use Intel integrated graphics, so it really isn't a platform to consider :p
My Macbook Pro has a Geforce 750m GT
Of course I bootcamp into Win 8.1 for gaming

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2014, 03:44 Flo

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:01:
Am having a good German meal of bratwurst, potato, onion, sauerkraut and mustard in anticipation of Germany winning it all this cup.
Ah, no, we won't. Critical players are injured, not really big on the offense this year.

News Comments > DOOM Teaser Trailer
21. Re: DOOM Teaser Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 05:32 Flo

InBlack wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 04:20:
Yeah, wait and see mode engaged. Still, its Doom. Whoever guesses the name of the demon in the reveal gets a knick knack.
Cyberdemon.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
3. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers Jun 5, 2014, 18:14 Flo

But no word on a wireless option, so at the moment, useless for me.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
23. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 5, 2014, 02:20 Flo

Prez wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 20:29:
Windows Phone is actually a great device. As usual Microsoft delivered a fine, competitive product WAY too late.

Whoa, positive posts regarding a Microsoft product on Blues. I've been a Win Phone User since the Lumia 900 (currently a HTC 8X) and would never go back to another phone even though I get to use a lot of other devices at work (Android, iOS). But then again I'm not really an "Apps-person". For real work I just use a PC (ironically, a Macbook Pro with Win 8.1 on it )

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 16:57 Flo

Top developers just don't care about Windows Phone.
Surprising when you know how horrible iOS (but hey they got a new language and Android development is compared to Visual Studio / C#

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2014, 17:24 Flo

Playing Watch Dogs makes me want to go back and play Wolfenstein all over again. Watch Dogs isn't bad but it's really nothing special either. It's GTA all over again.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
6. Re: Evening Screenshots May 31, 2014, 02:27 Flo

Sugarman wrote on May 30, 2014, 22:47:
We were scheduled to get them the other day. Apparently it was only from the cockpit looking straight up... "referencing one of the bugs"

Not sure why they give dates out, they should stick to "it will possibly be out on xxx date pending no game stopping bugs". No matter, I've waited this long, and I just bought ED, time to dust off my old joysticks, that is, if I can find them.

Who'd have ever thought space games would make a comeback, either way, I'm happy they have.

I spent 15 Minutes killing an enemy fighter in a small skirmish with a cruiser because my Hotas Stick has not yet arrived and I had to play with Mouse / Keyboard. This game really captures the feel of the grand Star Wars dogfights. It's THAT good.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
105. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 30, 2014, 06:32 Flo

Oh yea, I hear you
Damnit, I actually have to go out and buy a joystick, which is totally 90s

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
102. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 30, 2014, 05:12 Flo

Awaiting my Elite Premium Beta!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary May 26, 2014, 08:39 Flo

Can't wait until they unlock the Premium beta!
The single player combat module alone was awesome.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
13. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 01:58 Flo

Frijoles wrote on May 20, 2014, 01:35:
So I managed to get it running (updated the AMD drivers). Works now. Lots of in-game cut scenes in the first 30 min (no quicktime events so far). Need to get some sleep, but I'm enjoying what I saw. Not to spoil, but the "enemies" you see at the very start are impressive (what they are, not how they fight). On that note, don't play on the default setting. It's really fucking easy. Bump it up a notch.

So far so good.
Nice first impressions, thanks. I had to order it via ebay.co.uk since amazon.co.uk shot down my pre-order. Seems that Bethesda prohibited amazon from selling the uncut version to germany. In the german version they cut out the swastika (stupid but it's the law since video games are not yet "art") AND replaced every reference to "nazis" with "the regime" which is really just stupid.

1185 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo