Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Florian Hötzinger

Real Name Florian Hötzinger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 3124363
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.zockerdeals.de
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1165 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad Jul 31, 2013, 13:08 Flo

Just bought it and I'm pretty disappointed. They have like one enemy solider model (with horrible animation) and the framerate is extremely bad for an UE3 game. Not happy.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
19. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 28, 2013, 04:49 Flo

Now that Shadowrun is crossed out from the "high hopes list" , this one is next. Hope it's gonna be awesome....  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month
22. Re: Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month Jul 25, 2013, 09:22 Flo

Uh oh, the first german review of a site I usually respect didn't like it that much. They criticized the lame engine, (not bad for me) serious bugs and the empty world.

http://www.gamersglobal.de/test/shadowrun-returns?page=0,2

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month
18. Re: Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month Jul 25, 2013, 07:10 Flo

Return already, goddammnit!!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 19, 2013, 04:27 Flo

They lost tons of money with the 360 as well, didn't they?
Edit: FWIW with the 8.1 preview, my RT has become a nice little manager gadget since it's got Outlook for free and lots of other small improvement (screenshot when sharing from desktop, why so late to the party??)
Twice the horsepower would be nice, though.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2013, 05:31.

News Comments > Crypt Run Kickstarter and Demo
5. Re: Crypt Run Kickstarter and Demo Jul 18, 2013, 09:13 Flo

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 08:39:
Flo wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 05:05:
Here's an indie game idea: Take zelda style graphics, add the Temple of Elemental Evil round based combat system, make module style adventures (multi player a plus).

I'd buy that!

Since I'm no game programmer and no artist I'm calling dips on project management
Seriously, I would LOVE to make this game.

News Comments > Crypt Run Kickstarter and Demo
3. Re: Crypt Run Kickstarter and Demo Jul 18, 2013, 05:05 Flo

Here's an indie game idea: Take zelda style graphics, add the Temple of Elemental Evil round based combat system, make module style adventures (multi player a plus).  

News Comments > Path of Exile Adds Twitch Streaming
4. Re: Path of Exile Adds Twitch Streaming Jul 17, 2013, 02:36 Flo

I still don't get it: Why would I watch other people playing video games? It also feels wrong whenever I see a Planetside 2 commercial on mainstream TV.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 13:48 Flo

AAAAAND it's down.  

News Comments > Independence Day Consolidation
45. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 03:58 Flo

I would have loved the 10-people-family game sharing feature. The original system was superior to steam and everybody seems to love that on the pc. I couldn't care less about the 24 hour check in (cant remember the last time I was really offline for more than 1 hour).
Now that they took it away I really just have to buy a ps4.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Windows 8.1 Preview Driver
2. Re: AMD Catalyst Windows 8.1 Preview Driver Jun 27, 2013, 04:00 Flo

It's only the preview version but still some very nice features in there. Boot to desktop, start button, search is usable again, multi display support improved (different scaling on different displays, better app snapping across displays)
You can download it here, but backup your files
http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/windows-8/preview-download

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins
24. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins Jun 25, 2013, 06:39 Flo

caralimon wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 03:54:
Flo wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 02:09:
So in one of the closed beta versions there was a bug which caused an ugly stuttering of the engine when the textures were anything but low on my 3 GB geforce 555m gt. -> Uninstalled. Any impressions on the latest version?

I had the exact same issue. Only with the later open Beta updates it was there EVEN with ugly textures set to minimum quality. 2 GB GeForce GT 555M here.

Plenty of people suffered this issue, mostly Nvidia users AFAIK. I posted about it in the (now closed) sega closed beta forum and the official response was "GT 555M is a shitty card on the level of an old 8800GT, so deal with it". Not that language of course, but that was the point.

Last time i checked ( a few days ago) the open beta scrolling around was still a stuttering mess, on top of the -horrible- overall performance.

So I'd say wait for the unlikely demo, or a throughly patched and cracked release to test it out before buying.

The release pricing and DLC plethora is a huge clusterfuck anyway.

Good to know! The card is good enough for a lot of better looking games so that's really a lame excuse from them.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins
20. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins Jun 25, 2013, 02:09 Flo

So in one of the closed beta versions there was a bug which caused an ugly stuttering of the engine when the textures were anything but low on my 3 GB geforce 555m gt. -> Uninstalled. Any impressions on the latest version?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 23, 2013, 10:24 Flo

Hehe, yea, just look at the Dust 514 and Marvel Heroes Reviews (90 and 82)  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
27. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 09:14 Flo

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 09:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 01:01:
Congrats Microsoft, you just handed Sony the console market on a silver platter.

I really really hope you're right.

You really think that, do you? After all we learnt from Sim City? Just because a bunch of nerds (I'm one of them) are pissed off about a system that is better than steam (it is!) Microsoft will lose this console war? Face it: we are a minority! There are tons of consumers out there that will happily buy that thing on day one (sim city!).

20. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 03:25 Flo

This system is better than Steam. I can give games to friends. The whole family can play all my games from everywhere. Of course, Steam still has those insane sales...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2013, 08:16 Flo

Yep, there's really no way around it. My company is one of the premier partners for O365 in germany and after the usual hiccups in the first waves it's evolved into an extremely solid service.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Monaco
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Monaco Apr 25, 2013, 15:24 Flo

The only problem I have with the game is that sometimes it can get really difficult to figure out what the hell is going on. Is that a door, a wall, a corridor an enemy? Crazy colors as well but really fun in coop.  

News Comments > Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June
7. Re: Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June Apr 11, 2013, 02:20 Flo

Pigeon wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 21:49:
Well if any user base is going to take well to a giant corporation controlling every aspect of the user experience, and telling them how they should and shouldn't be enjoying the product, this will be the group!
this!

1. Re: Diablo 3 on Consoles Mar 27, 2013, 07:22 Flo

Enjoy it while it lasts. The next generation won't allow for this "you actually own the game" nonsense...  

1165 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo