Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Florian Hötzinger

Real Name Florian Hötzinger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 3124363
Description Quake, Quake and more Quake
Homepage http://www.zockerdeals.de
Signed On Feb 14, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1185 (Pro)
User ID 2786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 23, 2014, 03:32 Flo

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 12:04:
Flo wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 09:47:
Redmask wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:00:
It's doing very poorly in sales, they're trying to flog some life into it.
I'm really not into "fun" games and the art style didn't turn me on but, hell, this game is fun. Never thought I'd get so addicted to it.
Sad to see it's not doing great sales-wise but there are way too many big releases around at the moment.

Err...if you don't play games for fun, what DO you play them for?
Eh, I meant "humorous"

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 22, 2014, 09:47 Flo

Redmask wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:00:
It's doing very poorly in sales, they're trying to flog some life into it.
I'm really not into "fun" games and the art style didn't turn me on but, hell, this game is fun. Never thought I'd get so addicted to it.
Sad to see it's not doing great sales-wise but there are way too many big releases around at the moment.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
73. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 04:47 Flo

InBlack wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 02:50:
Quinn wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:13:
Darks wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:15:
PropheT wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:29:
I haven't been wow'd by the first introduction to a game like this one in a long time. There was a definite holy shit moment starting it up, I didn't expect it to look that good... although, I have a 3770k with a GTX 780 and have found myself having to tweak the graphics a bit since the automatic detected Ultra was only getting ~30 with some annoying dips.

And then I spent the next 2+ hours restarting and playing with the character creator and haven't really played yet

Agreed, I just love the game so far, and on my GTX 970 everything maxed out on Ultra this game looks killer.

Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your money -- because you haven't -- but everything on Ultra on my GTX 680 too, and it runs like a charm! It depends on The Witcher 3 now, but for now it does seem this baby can please me for another year or so!

As for the game... well, I had to VPN activate it because I'm in Europe so I couldn't import the Dragon Age Keep world state somehow. I'm basically playing it like it's a huge demo, knowing I'll restart the game tomorrow at midnight. From what I've seen so far... oh man, this game is a MUST BUY for anyone who likes the genre. I'm loving it!

I can't wait to meet some Qunari and I sincerely hope the game gives me an option to just mutilate those fuckers. Call my roleplaying character a racist, I don't care, but I personally think the Qunari are a badly written race. They live and breathe to conquer; to fight; to die in battle and they kill families when they lose their fucking swords. I find it hard to find the DA world believable because of them, because no thinking civilization would accept them. Again, Sten butchered the family that SAVED him because he lost his sword and those Qunari at Kirkwall planned to capture the entire goddamn city because their bullshit Qun-book got taken by ONE stubborn bitch. Seriously, it's such a disgusting race. Can't wait to fuck every single Qunari up that lives by the ways of their heritage.

I got two words for you. Islamic State. RL is so much more fucked up than fiction.

+1000

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
61. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:40 Flo

So what's the big deal.

and it does mean the single player has to connect to the server from time to time

I will still play alone in my universe but sometimes it pulls stuff from the server. So not really a problem.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 14:08 Flo

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 13:19:
Well of course it runs smoother, it runs at like 240x200 resolution.
Nope, from what I've heard it auto scales the resolution, sometimes below 1080p but from what I've seen you really can't see any difference. Let's face it, they both suck ass
Thinking about getting a gaming desktop (with 970gtx) again...

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
6. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 14:26 Flo

Game of the year is Alien: Isolation for me, hands down. Doubt that this will be any better...  

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
28. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 14, 2014, 04:26 Flo

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:41:
Keep chasing the competition. It's cool, I'm sure you'll win that way...

Please elaborate...

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
28. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 29, 2014, 08:37 Flo

Still enjoying this on the Xbone. Not that there's an abundance of titles on there or anything  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer
7. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer Aug 27, 2014, 13:36 Flo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 09:37:
Flo wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 02:14:
Ah crap I'm in the middle of my first playthrough and don't want to start over. Save import possible?
I believe they said you'd have to start a new game in this version.
Hmm well then I'll just continue since I'm too lazy to play all this stuff again.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer
4. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer Aug 27, 2014, 02:14 Flo

Ah crap I'm in the middle of my first playthrough and don't want to start over. Save import possible?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 15:59 Flo

Blue, do you also get a cut when I order through amazon.de ?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 13, 2014, 02:04 Flo

Axis wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 19:29:
I'm not sure what to make of the Alpha consoles. A quick look at the specs tells me they have low end parts (drive, ram) mixed with mid range processor and an unknown (likely mid-low range) GPU with only wireless connectivity (assuming here you can add an Ethernet adapter via a port, or it would be an instant no-buy in my book).

And the marketing is weird - they seem to be trying to pull in console gamers to a pseudo PC experience, even tho it really IS a low-mid range PC with Steam, a controller, and custom alternate UI.

PC gamers already can move and setup in the living room with big TV's, receivers, surround sound, and all that jazz if we were so inclined. I personally don't like to PC game in the living room (for a whole host of reasons), so SteamOS will have it's work cut out - I see it as more of an "additional" PC to just doink around on.

Who knows at this point...

But hey, I'm all for competition no matter where it comes from, so I'll be watching how these coming months play out.

If it's silent and can play all the console games in 1080p / 60 fps and more, I'm getting one. Never gonna get another ugly desktop...

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 9, 2014, 18:53 Flo

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 16:13:
Microsoft posts its worst-ever quarterly Surface loss

Ever once in a while a bit of news comes that warms ones heart....
Which is sad actually because this is some pretty solid hardware.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 02:35 Flo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:00:
Everything wrong with everything wrong videos:

They are stupid.
5 seconds of "research" on Google does not qualify you to give expert opinions.
Most of the morons making these are, well, morons. (Laura Croft, over and over when they pronounce it for you a million times in the game.)
Your opinions are just that: Opinions. And since you've proven yourself a moron by making an "Everything Wrong" video, your opinions are worth even less than the typical worthless ones.
Agreed, that video is a preposterous piece of shit.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 7, 2014, 02:01 Flo

NKD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 16:57:
Flo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 16:35:
They should finally ditch the historical settings and deliver a game in the sci-fi setting they are constantly teasing me with!

I think they are hesitant to embrace the modern era too fully because their current gameplay model straight up won't work with it. They'd need to design an entirely different type of game set around the same story.

They'd need to let you drive cars, and have you primarily use guns, since that's the weapon of choice for both Assassins and Templars in the 21st century. It'd basically just be Watch Dogs with an AC story.

That's my point. They'd have to be innovative for once...

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 6, 2014, 16:35 Flo

They should finally ditch the historical settings and deliver a game in the sci-fi setting they are constantly teasing me with!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
1. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 12:33 Flo

Meanwhile on Elite: Dangerous Beta ...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2014, 07:38 Flo

Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:02:
nin wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 09:19:
Goodbye, Destiny. Going to be a long wait...

I only played it a bit. To Level 5 in single player, then 4 multiplayer games.

I'll say I'm not in love. I was immediately - upon receiving a weapon and going through the first fight all I could think was that the weapons felt good... really good. Delightful, actually.

But the actual single player left me a bit cold. I realize that my dream based on their description, you run around with your party and occasionally see other parties in the distance, was realized, but not how I wanted. I pictured a Halo type single player, more linear levels, that would occasionally crisscross and you'd see other parties, or even join them for a fight or two then go in other directions, as if they were doing different things. I realize now this sounds basically unpossible. But I didn't like what we got. One large area you keep going back to, with people running around like maniacs, some just screwing around, some doing missions you've already done, and some doing the mission you're doing. It didn't feel like a living world, it felt like an MMO. The bad parts of an MMO, the parts that make you see the same landscape over and over and over and over and make you feel unimportant because you're obviously doing the same things everyone else is.

Multiplayer was better. I did decently my first game, got destroyed my second game, led the third game and did pretty well my final game. The maps weren't as memorable as some of the Halo maps, nor did they feel as clean, nor did I like having default loadouts that make you play one way rather than the ability to run and pick up whatever weapon is needed for the situation you want to create (I'm never as big a fan of build based mp unless I can change that build on the fly.) Still, the weapons feel good and running around feels good so I'm ok with all of this.

I don't know. It's a beta so I can't fully judge, but it just felt like an incredibly solid FPS game with an MMO tacked on. Again, the bad MMO parts. Even 5 missions on the same Mother Russia level got tedious to me. I felt like I was just running back and forth from orbit to Mother Russia to do errands, occasionally going to the city to upgrade. Like in an MMORPG. I hate MMORPGs...

Exactly how I felt about the Singleplayer part, plus: enemies are stupid and "kill the boss" or "defend" to end the mission is quickly getting old. Hope they have much more in store for the final release (which I will not pre-order).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Gods Will Be Watching
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Gods Will Be Watching Jul 25, 2014, 08:13 Flo

Neilsouth wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 07:56:
Played for 30mins, ended up being frustrated and bored. I would go into it with more depth but I just didn't enjoy this game at all. If I wanted a micromanaged adventure game with puzzles that are solved by luck this would be it.

The only good thing about the game is the pixelated animation
Just play it on easy mode. Way more fun.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Gods Will Be Watching
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Gods Will Be Watching Jul 25, 2014, 05:10 Flo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 21:07:
Apparently it's not a true "point and click adventure" and more about grinding and micro management of resources.
It's more like a puzzle game, where you have to "fight" certain variables (hostage morale, incoming soldiers) with decisions while the clock is ticking.

1185 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo