Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2011, 12:51 Atomic

Dalai Lama walks into a pizza joint and says "Make me one with everything."  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
8. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 12:57 Atomic

necrosis wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 12:04:
GFW just needs to die.

I think it just did.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2011, 11:32 Atomic

I would love to see a picture of that as well, sounds pretty neat.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Star Trek E3 Trailer
11. Re: Star Trek E3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 16:56 Atomic

Someone mentioned Kirk and Spock running around like space marines... yea, seems out of placed based on the old series, but don't forget, the new movies are an altered history. Vulcan, being mostly pacifists, really tempered and influenced Star Fleet. But Vulcan was blowed up; without Vulcan, I can easily see the human-centric Star Fleet become more radical and more of the "shoot first, ask questions later" type of organization. Spock also will probably have an edge, being one of the last of his kind, he may have a bone to pick.... certainly has a different set of influences and examples to learn from.

So yea, in that context, I guess it makes sense.... maybe....

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play
22. Re: Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play May 25, 2011, 20:21 Atomic

LOTRO is $10 a month, if you pay 3-months at a time.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Quote of the Day
4. Re: Quote of the  Day May 18, 2011, 11:10 Atomic

No other industry I can think of spends so much time worrying about second-hand sales. If folks perceive value in your product at the price point you offer it, they will buy it. If they don't, start figuring out your value proposition, not looking for or blaming other factors.

Any way you slice it, for many people, $60 is a lot for a game. How many more would buy if the price was lower, or say, if three friends could pay $20 and share the product purchased. In that scenario, you have addressed both piracy and second-hand sales. All $60 goes directly to the publisher/developer.

As the "pay what you want" pricing models has shown, there will always be cheapskates and pirates. Don't mess up your front end value proposition trying to compensate for them. Factor it into your bottom line as a straight percentage, and then ignore it. Do the right thing up front, and the rest will follow.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 in November?
14. Re: Modern Warfare 3 in November? May 13, 2011, 16:32 Atomic

Yea, I'm sick of sequels too. Next thing you know, they'll start doing it in the movie industry.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 11, 2011, 22:55 Atomic

Fallout: New Vegas $29.99 at Target.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
34. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 12:32 Atomic

Well, I guess it shows even asshats can recognize when others are executing even greatly levels of asshattery.

Enough folks on here who's opinions I trust say the game is fun. That's all that matters to me. The other stuff is easy to ignore.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Garry's Mod vs Pirates
14. Re: Garry's Mod vs Pirates Apr 13, 2011, 16:01 Atomic

Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 14:51:
It's kind of amusing because Gary says it's impossible it would affect legitimate customers but goes on to admit later it did actually affect 3 of them.

Read it again; he said due to a bug on his part it affected 3 legitimate customers. After he quickly fixed it, not one.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access?
12. Re: EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access? Mar 11, 2011, 13:01 Atomic

Does no one see the real problem here? You have someone obviously disappointed in the way a company does business, yet, gives them money anyway and full retail to boot!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems the best way to express dissatisfaction is not to buy, or at least, don't pay full price.

I'm not defending EA, what they did is asinine, I just don't understand the mentality of consumers. We empower companies to continue business as usual by giving them dollars. They have no incentive to change. Plain and simple.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Treyarch on Bugs
14. Re: Treyarch on Bugs Feb 9, 2011, 10:03 Atomic

Something very telling here that has gone unnoticed. Look at that last quote. "Even if the bug is only hurting a hundred fans...."

FANS, not customers. That says a lot about how they feel about us. Their obligations are much different to a customer than they are to a fan.

Think about it.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > The Old Republic in September?
3. Re: The Old Republic in September? Jan 26, 2011, 12:44 Atomic

I envision most of the story elements being single player. Then, once you have a task or quest, it may take several people to accomplish that task or quest, so you have to seek out other people that need to complete the same things you do. LOTRO does this quite well, actually. There is an "epic" story line you can engage in at your leisure, solo if you like, but some quests are group quests.

Then I'm sure there will be tons of stuff to do outside the story; grinding, crafting, trade, social stuff like chat, emotes, etc. You know, typical MMORPG fare that people expect.

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2011, 15:01 Atomic

For those that believe the political rhetoric today is worse that ever, I ask you to look back to these words spoken 42 years ago today:

"In these difficult years, America has suffered from a fever of words; from inflated rhetoric that promises more than it can deliver; from angry rhetoric that fans discontents into hatreds; from bombastic rhetoric that postures instead of persuading.

We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another—until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices."
Richard M. Nixon, Inaugural Address, Jan. 20, 1969.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Jan 18, 2011, 17:24 Atomic

No, they started including notebook drivers a few months ago. So far, I have not had any problems, but after the post below, might skip these.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple
3. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple Jan 7, 2011, 12:09 Atomic

Esoteric wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 11:20:
LOTRO players are much, much more mature and friendly in general. Making something pay-to-play doesn't keep out the kids and morons.

Friendliest and most helpful community of any MMO I've ever experienced. Yes, there are the occasional immature morons, but very few and fair between, so easy to avoid and ignore.

I've been in since beta and you can feel the growth over the last several weeks especially, and a lot of new players, based on the question in the advice channel. I experienced lag for the first time in a city (Bree) the other night due to so many peeps running about. That being said, they do a good job with overpopulated areas like cities and towns though. They create "layers" and distribute the population over them. You can chat and communicate with anyone on the server in the same region/zone, but you may not necessarily see them unless they are in the same layer. This limits the number of toons on screen to help with lag. Being in a different layer is no big deal unless you want to trade, but then all you have to do is group and you are popped to the same layer as the group leader.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Easter Egg
24. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Easter Egg Nov 24, 2010, 16:47 Atomic

No need to watch the video. Here is the code.

Spoiler:
D R I N K M O R E O V A L T I N E

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
4. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 11:34 Atomic

How is this any different than getting killed by a weapon that has been unlocked that you don't have access to?  

-George Bernard Shaw

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2010, 11:52 Atomic

As a Cowboys fan, I hate to say it, but stick a fork in them. They are done. Go Blue! Colts, that is....  

-George Bernard Shaw

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2010, 14:51 Atomic

Chuck needs to ditch the BuyMore and the BuyMore nerds. Every time they are on screen, I cringe. And what a stupid premise they used to bring them back.

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo