Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tech Bits
1. BS Feb 16, 2003, 15:11 Atomic

That guy is full of crap and a total idiot. Ok, yes, you have to install Total Access to download the non-beta version of Pop-Up Blocker, but once you install Pop Up Blocker you can remove Total Access via the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS tool. Pop Up Blocker is also there in case you want to remove it later too.

I've been using Pop Up Blocker for several months now, and I've not received one Earthlink pop-up.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Bubbles Up Again
10. Re: Shill Feb 12, 2003, 13:30 Atomic

You win with me. Just for the record, I am one of those that advocate and would pay for a subscription to Blue's News because I like it that much. I just thought this particular story was inappropriate (don't like that word.. but I can't think of another right now).

You know, maybe it's that I'm sensitive to other sites asking me for money when I'd rather give it to you.

P.S. Headache's better now, BTW...

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

5. Re: Shill Feb 12, 2003, 11:53 Atomic

I don't agree with that analogy, unless the games you are referring to are available at only ONE store.

And I don't think it's news. File Shack Mercury members, the only ones that can get it, probably already know about it. It is an advertisement for any one that isn't.

I suppose you could argue that any game/software covered on here could be considered an advertisement. This just seems different to me. Maybe it's the headache. I'll take some Tylenol and see if I think different later.

-George Bernard Shaw

1. Shill Feb 12, 2003, 10:34 Atomic

The download is only accessible to subscribers of their paid Mercury service

Then why even bother to mention it?

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > New UT Spatial Fear
2. Re: Uh, it's UT ... not UT2k3 Feb 7, 2003, 10:51 Atomic

Yep. This is a quote from their website:

Simply put, Spatial Fear: Prologue is for Unreal Tournament v436. We're sorry for the confusion, as it is partly our own fault for not making it clear enough.

-George Bernard Shaw

2. It's not hard Jan 30, 2003, 09:58 Atomic

Sign up for the C-Net newsletters, and you can get them to, right to your e-mail box.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Renegade Patches and Server
1. Changes Jan 28, 2003, 18:31 Atomic

Version 1.037 changes (01-23-2003)
==================================
- Fixed a crash to desktop in client and FDS.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Why No Unreal II Demo
66. . Jan 28, 2003, 10:35 Atomic

singe32 - Well said.

Evil Timmy - LOL. Yea, I'm sure Sept. 11 had everything to do with the fact that American's get their games first.

Again, I laugh at people saying they will not pay $50-$60 for a game and complaining about the price. You only pay that much if you are lazy and don't shop around and/or if you can't wait. It's ludicrous. gogamer.com has it for $44, and Best Buy/CompUSA/Circuit City will have it for $35-$45 on sale a week or two after it's released.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Postal 2 in Dutch?
81. Re: I wonder what God's got for you Jan 24, 2003, 00:11 Atomic

anon@216.23,

That dead horse you keep beating is starting to stink.

-George Bernard Shaw

9. Re: Hmmm Jan 16, 2003, 11:42 Atomic

indiv,

I understand the difference between optical vs. coaxial, I do this for a living. My point is a simple little piece of plastic cannot convert from optical to coaxial. The specs you quoted do not say if the Digital Out is optical or coaxial. I don't think it is optical. That was my point.

-George Bernard Shaw

5. Re: Hmmm Jan 15, 2003, 15:50 Atomic

That adapter will only work if the connection on the Audigy is optical, which I don't think it is.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Rage in Receivership
9. Crap Jan 15, 2003, 15:46 Atomic

Now Mobile Forces will never get fixed.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Rocky Rage?
4. Re: No subject Jan 14, 2003, 10:49 Atomic

Yeah, that Mobile Forces wasn't too bad

Mobile Forces is very fun, if you play it on a LAN. Unfortunately, the net code is bad and no dedicated server meant a lot of people didn't get to play it. Now it looks like it will never be fixed. What a shame.

-George Bernard Shaw

3. Re: help... Dec 19, 2002, 13:09 Atomic

No, then you'd end up with a situation like a company I worked for that a strict password policy. Users would write their passwords on post-its and stick them to their monitors.

Idiots.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 13:09.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: off topic Dec 18, 2002, 09:57 Atomic

Warpig,

I think it was this one:

http://www.archive.org/

-George Bernard Shaw

6. Re: Drug Use, Drinking, Smoking Down Dec 17, 2002, 09:54 Atomic

It says they surveyed students. The teens that are doing all the drugs and drinking don't go to school.

Or probably lie thinking they might get caught.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Mac Wolfenstein Demo
1. Too funny Dec 13, 2002, 11:16 Atomic

<nelson>

HA! HA!

</nelson>

-George Bernard Shaw

1. Happy Nov 21, 2002, 09:35 Atomic

Happy Birtday Blue! From one old fart to another... now get some sleep.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > The High Price of Hacking?
62. Re: This shit pisses me off to no end. Nov 15, 2002, 14:17 Atomic

I feel America has failed me, its not the place I dream of living in anymore.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; Ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > The High Price of Hacking?
18. Re: Privacy Nov 14, 2002, 13:21 Atomic

Also, Privacy is a big issue to me.

Then why do you display private e-mails on a public forum (i.e. your web site). What about THEIR right to privacy?

BTW, I did not mean that as a personal attack... I'm just saying that for you, another's privacy ended when you felt it necessary to protect yourself. I.E...they committed a crime in your eyes, so all bets are off.

This is no different.

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo