Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Video? May 22, 2003, 10:55 Atomic

Did they?

Yes, they discontinued that model. The FX5900 has a redesigned cooling solution. Still takes two slots, but is much quieter. Some OEM versions may have standard cooling solutions.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: I'm amazed May 21, 2003, 15:06 Atomic

Man, do these guys live far from a Blockbuster or something? Why do they think it's so hard to do a drive-by dropoff of a movie?

Apparently, because it is hard. Blockbuster gets 18% (roughly $1 billion) of its revenue from late fees. That same group of people is who Netflix target, and look at their success.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online
17. Re: Magic Missile May 15, 2003, 16:26 Atomic

Search for "summonergeeks.exe" on Google.

LOL! Forgot how funny that was. Ah, the memories...

This comment was edited on May 15, 16:35.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > New NVIDIA Detonator Drivers
11. Re: Nvidia May 14, 2003, 12:58 Atomic

Halo,

Nvidia keeps old drivers in an archive.

Win2k/XP driver archive:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_archive

Win 9x driver archive:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_archive

Edit: hehe. Guess you found it.

This comment was edited on May 14, 12:59.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > New NVIDIA Detonator Drivers
7. Re: Nvidia May 14, 2003, 12:51 Atomic

Craw and The Truth;

Set a system restore point on your computer. Install the drivers and see how they work. If there are problems, revert your system to the restore point.

Not supported doesn't always mean "won't work". More often than not, it means "we won't help you with it".

This comment was edited on May 14, 12:54.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Victoria's Secret Revealed
1. No subject May 7, 2003, 14:40 Atomic

I think we all know what Victoria's Secret is...

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy: EVE Online
39. Re: Interesting May 6, 2003, 17:13 Atomic

/me laughs at the old men sitting the balcony

Enjoy, but you realize your silent laughter validates everything we say. If you had something real to counter with, you would.

-George Bernard Shaw

21. Re: Hmmm. I like it. May 6, 2003, 14:12 Atomic

See folks? This is why everyone is coming out with Pay-to-Play games. People will pay for anything. Love it or hate it, this business model is here to stay.

Up next: Grass Growing Online; the Second Mowing.

-George Bernard Shaw

18. Re: In space... May 6, 2003, 13:44 Atomic

Admittedly, I only played in for a month or so. But that's the problem.. if it takes longer than that to get fun, how many are going to stick with it? Not too many. Gamers have short attention spans.

Let me put it another way. EVE is a great gaming environment, with no game. Interface, nice. Graphics, nice. Things to do? Little. Maybe that will develop with time (after all, it's up to the players) but right now, and for anyone starting new, it can get boring, and fast.

That's all I'm saying.

-George Bernard Shaw

16. Re: In space... May 6, 2003, 13:12 Atomic

I was in the beta. Unlike many people on here, I won't comment on something I don't know about.

Everything I said is true and you can't deny it. If you like it, more power to you, but I'd rather watch paint dry.

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: In space... May 6, 2003, 12:02 Atomic

EVE Online - The best mining simulator ever!

Ok, I will revise my statement.

Here are the things you can do in Eve:

1)Mine ore
2)Take object x from point y to point z (usually ore)
3)Get killed by corporation players camping systems
4)Did I mention mine ore?
5)Sit on your ass for hours watching your ship fly through space.

I apologize. It is more than a mining simulator. How about a waste of time generator? It is pretty though. How about a desktop screenshot generator?

It is a total bore for the casual player. Only if you have no life and play 24/7 will it ever have the potential to be more than that.

I suppose that makes it no different that any MMORPG, but then it was supposed to be innovative. It isn't. I found EQ more fun, and that is saying something.

-George Bernard Shaw

2. Re: In space... May 6, 2003, 10:07 Atomic

Haha! That's rich.

EVE Online - The best mining simulator ever!

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Tech Bits
18. Re: Opera spyware Apr 22, 2003, 12:45 Atomic

Hmm. I've never had those problems. I guess it pays to be smart about your surfing habits.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Tech Bits
11. Re: Opera spyware Apr 22, 2003, 11:40 Atomic

Good luck with whatever you're trying to do with IE.

I view web pages with it. It works fine. What am I supposed to do with it?

-George Bernard Shaw

6. Re: No subject Apr 21, 2003, 10:36 Atomic

If you mean the film was entertaining and informative in that it made you think, then ok. But it was not informative in a factual way. It was chock full of errors, and a couple of scenes were pure BS (the free gun when you open a checking account, for example). He totally rigged that one.

I will not debate the entertainment value of the film. The bottom line is it is not a documentary, and he should return his Oscar. The other films in the category were much more well deserved to win.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Will Rock Preview
1. - Apr 21, 2003, 08:55 Atomic

I don't know, will he?

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Games & Washington
47. Re: Comments Apr 18, 2003, 15:47 Atomic

Unmaker,

I agree with you that common sense and reason seem to be severely lacking today, but I don't think those two exclude morality. Morality simply gives you a context within to apply them. And by morality, I mean the basic concept of right and wrong that any sane individuals, regardless or religion or lack thereof, can agree too. A maxim, if you will.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 15:53.

-George Bernard Shaw

36. Re: Comments Apr 18, 2003, 15:19 Atomic

but it seems as though someone needs to be responsible for the parents

Uh, why can't they be responsible for themselves?

That is the problem with this country; no one wants to take responsibility, so they look to the government to bail them out. The government, in turn, finds a way to keep the responsible blameless, and shifts the burden the big, bad corporations. Lawyers get rich.

There are too many laws. Teach people personal responsibility, ethics, and morality and these problems will fix themselves.

-George Bernard Shaw

21. No subject Apr 18, 2003, 14:38 Atomic

Too many stores still don't give a shit if an 11 year old kid walks up with a copy of Vice City in his hand, and only see the 50 dollar bill he's carrying. Hopefully this legislation will change that.

What kind of parent gives their kid a $50 and sends him on his way?

When I was a kid, my parents would take me shopping, and if I wanted something I had to show them first.

I don't blame the stores. After all, they probably just figure the kid got the $50 from his parents, so it must be ok. Not like the tike just cashed his paycheck.

edit:typo

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 15:10.

-George Bernard Shaw

4. Hey Washington State parents Apr 18, 2003, 13:36 Atomic

How do you feel about the government doing your job for you?

If you are too lazy to parent, don't have kids.

-George Bernard Shaw

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo