Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Coincidence? Nov 18, 2003, 11:21 Atomic

All this publicity about this tape several weeks before her new show premiers on Fox? The timing just seems fishy to me. I don't think the publicity behind this tape is an accident at all.

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”
This comment was edited on Nov 18, 11:21.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: help! Nov 14, 2003, 16:59 Atomic

Thank you for the heads up. I didn't realize they had changed their software and I know to avoid the "upgrade" now.

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

33. Re: help! Nov 14, 2003, 16:23 Atomic

Bucky,

Try this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download_ns.asp

Select one of the discontinued products. When I tried it, I got IP 4.12.

Good luck!

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

7. Veterans Nov 11, 2003, 11:24 Atomic

Thank you for your service to our country.

I miss you, Dad.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 13:17.

-George Bernard Shaw

31. Re: Vice funds? Nov 10, 2003, 09:30 Atomic

Halsy,

I venture a guess that the only thing on that site you are offended by is the Aerospace and Defense investments, no? I bet if it wasn't for those, we wouldn't of heard a peep out of you.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

30. Re: I hate Adobe Freezemycomputer 6.0 Nov 7, 2003, 15:16 Atomic

Dan,

Here is a list of other viewers:

http://www.pdfzone.com/toolbox/toolinfo_view.html

I haven't used any of them, so I can't recommend one over the other. If you find one you like, let us know. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Acrobat Reader myself.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

24. Re: I hate Adobe Freezemycomputer 6.0 Nov 7, 2003, 14:59 Atomic

My bad, Dan.. I meant 5.05.

edit: I'm not sure why you are crashing then.

-TimK(drekhead)

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 15:01.

-George Bernard Shaw

17. Re: Them ads Nov 7, 2003, 14:28 Atomic

If Blues is going to force the ads, I think we should force the point in the forums.

Or, you can go elsewhere for your news.

Blue doesn't owe you anything, you ingrate. This is a free site. You get what you get. Use it or leave it. Your choice.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

15. Re: I hate Adobe Freezemycomputer 6.0 Nov 7, 2003, 14:24 Atomic

Dan,

I heard of other people having problems with the new 6.0 reader. Don't use it. Install one of the older ones instead.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html

I use the 4.05 reader myself.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > DOOM 3 Interview
24. Re: Improvement before Innovation Oct 31, 2003, 16:43 Atomic

For dynamic environments, check out Soldner, Secret Wars:

http://soldner.jowood.com/

That game could be the BF:1942 killer for me.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

60. Re: Headline box Oct 24, 2003, 16:17 Atomic

Is it me, or does the new site look eerily similar to the UGO.com home page?

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

51. Re: Link! Oct 24, 2003, 15:21 Atomic

I second that. Horizontal scroll bars = BAD!

Other than that, I kinda like the new colors. I agree with Ray about the UGO logo and the top portion seeming cluttered, but I honestly cannot think of another way to do it. Probably just something I'd get used to.

My two cents.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

50. Bronco Oct 23, 2003, 17:04 Atomic

Did you get my e-mail?

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

27. Re: evil? Oct 23, 2003, 15:35 Atomic

Bah, didn't know that didn't work. E-mail on its way.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

23. Re: evil? Oct 23, 2003, 14:43 Atomic

I need advice on a registry scanner/cleanier for WinXP Pro.

Any suggestions? Programs to stay away from?

Bronco, I use RegCleaner. Here is the site:
http://www.jv16.org

The version I downloaded months ago was freeware, but not anymore, as you can see here:

http://mrswizard.com/reg_cleaner.htm

If you want the older freeware version, e-mail me and I'll send it your way. It's only 540k zipped.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Savage Demo
16. Re: Fileplanet Oct 7, 2003, 14:52 Atomic

Filerush torrent is 160k for me right now.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Half-Life 2 = April 2004?
21. Cornfused Oct 7, 2003, 10:29 Atomic

A third of the source code? I thought they got the whole source tree. A third is bad, but not as bad as the whole thing. Which is it? Does anyone know?

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

27. Re: Return of the giant airships Oct 2, 2003, 14:09 Atomic

No kidding.

I guess Halsy doesn't realize (or doesn't care) that Lockheed Martin employs 130,000 people, and without these government contracts they are out of work.

Also, I work for a manufacturer. We would never begin a new project without the customer ponying up some capital up front; at least tooling costs. Otherwise, you get left high and dry if they walk. It's only good business, but liberals don't understand business.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Freedom Fighters
10. Re: Heh Oct 1, 2003, 13:41 Atomic

So did Half-Life and a few other games. Not a big deal really. You can also command them to move up, fallback, etc. Were you expecting an RPG or something?

My point exactly. They call it a key component, but nothing new there. I played the demo and liked it. I just can't believe they call the teammates a key component.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Freedom Fighters
1. Heh Oct 1, 2003, 12:04 Atomic

Because wars are not won alone, a key component of the game depends on the player's ability to recruit and lead fellow New Yorkers in the battle against the Red Menace.

Which consists of walking up to them and hitting the use key.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo