Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 490 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
72. Re: Firefox question for the gurus... Mar 19, 2004, 16:58 Atomic

Yep, that's what happened. I had to uninstall Avant to get it to work. Avant hijacked the setting and wouldn't let go.

Thanks for the tip though Bronco!

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: Firefox question for the gurus... Mar 19, 2004, 15:33 Atomic

Is there a manual way to set Firefox as the default browser? Button in Tools|Options|General isn't working.

TIA.

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

17. Re: SP/MP? (#8) Mar 19, 2004, 11:19 Atomic

No, it could be buggy, but how many other people are having problems with that specific map? Doesn't seem to be many, from what I can gather. Therefore, it seems more likely something on Blue's system.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

8. Re: SP/MP? Mar 19, 2004, 10:36 Atomic

Blue,

Maybe that particular map file is sitting on a bad sector on your hard drive. Try chkdsk, and if that doesn't work, re-install the game.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

32. Re: Eldin! Mar 9, 2004, 15:22 Atomic

And the circle is complete.

This "always dies in threes" stuff is downright spooky.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

6. RIP Mar 9, 2004, 10:18 Atomic

Capt. Tyrell.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

14. Re: Is it his lack of accuracy Feb 16, 2004, 17:22 Atomic

What's the death toll? That could be why it's not getting as much press as the one last year.

Only one death, and they say it was accidental (i.e. he wasn't aiming at the victim).

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

16. Re: GI Joe Feb 11, 2004, 17:00 Atomic

I think he is finally admitting that there may be some truth to recent data and it is his clever way to recant his previous "Bush lied" rhetoric without having to admit he was wrong, because obviously to do so would be completely out of character for him, and be a huge blow to his overinflated ego.

Am I being sarcastic? You decide.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > UT2004 Demo Maps
5. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2004, 13:38 Atomic

One map for each game type.

Assault, Bombing Run, Deathmatch, CTF, and Onslaught. There are 10 types total.
http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/modes.php

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

62. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2004, 16:36 Atomic

Blue,

I've never been a big fan of the national potato chip brands. Try some of the local or regional flavors. Around here in Dayton, Ohio, that's a brand called Mike Sells, and they are great. In Cinci, just south of here, it's Grippos. Both remind me a lot of Lay's in consistency, but both have better flavor.

So, check your local market. I bet you'll easily find a new favorite.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

31. Re: Worst. Car. EVER. Jan 27, 2004, 16:13 Atomic

Ah, the SSR. I remember that concept from the 80's, when it was called the El Camino.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

9. P-Doodle Jan 23, 2004, 11:41 Atomic

Poodles are ugly. They are mixing them with other dogs to bred to ugly out of them, plain and simple.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Third-Person Thief III
19. Re: No sale Jan 22, 2004, 16:51 Atomic

Adding the 3rd person view is VERY obviously a console decision.

That, and the name. Notice they call it Thief: Deadly Shadows, and not Thief 3. Just like they called it Deus Ex: Invisible War, and not Deus Ex 2. Don't want the console cronies getting all confused.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

21. Re: Your daily dose of MJ Jan 16, 2004, 16:17 Atomic

He has to use an umbrella to keep the sun from melting his prostetic nose.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Steam Gains Steam
2. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2004, 11:49 Atomic

No, live. Just get healthy please. I guarantee you we will not see Half-Life 2 until Steam is a viable entity.

You heard it here first.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Gaming Open Market
7. Re: links Jan 8, 2004, 13:50 Atomic

Well said Jeff.

I think time is the biggest factor to succeed in an MMORPG, and no amount of money (or game equipment) can compensate for that. When I used to play EQ, I could only play 20 hours a week, and my friends could play 30 or 40 hours. It wasn't long before I couldn't group with them any more. No amount of in game cash was going to change that. So you have better equipment. Whoopdi Doo! Still can't play with the big dogs.

It's not that big a deal. If someone wants to spend their real dollars for game cash, more power to them, if that is fun for them. If you find it more fun to play the game and earn your rewards, more power to you. It's easy to keep yourself separated from it if you choose to.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Gaming Open Market
3. Re: links Jan 8, 2004, 12:53 Atomic

This already happens. They are just legitimatizing it, and making it available to everyone. I see no problem with it. If the game companies were smart, they'd do this themselves and get a cut of the take.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

44. Re: He's back! Jan 8, 2004, 09:09 Atomic

Re: Falcons
Have they filled the position yet? If not I'd like to see Dennis Green there.

Just heard this morning Dennis Green signed with the Cardinals.

-TimK(drekhead)

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 09:11.

-George Bernard Shaw

19. Re: Thumbscrews Jan 7, 2004, 13:37 Atomic

I just sent you an e-mail Blue. I was serious! I know it's not much, but I want to give back somehow.

And, I think my wife would agree with you (at least, I hope so)

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

3. Thumbscrews Jan 7, 2004, 11:49 Atomic

We sell those handy thumbscrews where I work, Blue. How many do you want? I'll send 'em to you.

-TimK(drekhead)

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 11:50.

-George Bernard Shaw

490 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo