Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Kerry... Nov 3, 2004, 09:00 Atomic

This proves one thing; that the lunatic fringe (Michael Moore, the 527's like moveon.org, and the Halsy's of the world) had absolutely ZERO impact on this election. In fact, it seems they did nothing but motivate the Republican base to get out and vote. GG Libs.

Now we wait and see how maturely they handle the outcome. HAHA.. I can't even keep a straight face typing that. We all know they will act like the big babies they did for 4 years after 2000.

Take your own advice and MOVE ON.

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 2, 2004, 13:31 Atomic

I think you need to look up the definitions of the words evidence and conjecture.

Next.

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

49. Re: Coke takes over parts of the brain Oct 19, 2004, 14:45 Atomic

... Dr. Pepper (yes, I know it's made from prunes)

No, it isn't:
http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/drpepper.asp

And while we are at it, I'll debunk Aspartame:
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartame.asp

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

94. Re: Misc Oct 14, 2004, 17:18 Atomic

I also think it's too bad that the whole Iraq thing has tarnished Powell so much, he definately could have been the first black president.

Bill Clinton was our first black President.

http://www.salon.com/books/int/2002/02/20/clinton/

http://reviews.aalbc.com/bill_clinton_and_black_america.htm

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

40. Re: This N That Aug 27, 2004, 12:54 Atomic

Ripa: I didn't think she had that in her, and I for sure didn't think that NBC had it in them! Where did that clip actually come from, anybody know? Ant?

It was from Saturday Night Live.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

95. Re: THX-1138 Aug 23, 2004, 16:23 Atomic

You realize this is a trailer for the Director's Cut DVD release of the original that came out in 1970? Right?

Wow, really? I just thought Robert Duvall had a major facelift.

Of course I knew that .. which is why I said "back to those roots"...

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

61. THX-1138 Aug 23, 2004, 13:31 Atomic

Looks interesting. Nice to see Lucas is capable of dark subject matter. Let's hope he gets back to those roots in Episode 3.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

47. Re: Win XP advice... Aug 9, 2004, 17:13 Atomic

Halsy,

www.themexp.org

Here is a good site that talks about different services you can disable to make XP a bit pepier:

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

28. Re: Doom3 machinima engine, not game eng Aug 3, 2004, 11:41 Atomic

THE DARKNESS IS THE PITS!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to agree. It isn't natural in some places; it hangs like a curtain. It almost has a physical layer to it. Hard to explain, but I don't like it.

Game is playable at 1024x768 medium to low quality on my Ti4800.

Save for the awesome engine, nothing original here. Take 2 parts DOOM, stir in System Shock, bake.

-TimK(drekhead)

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 11:42.

-George Bernard Shaw

77. Re: Help! Jul 29, 2004, 15:32 Atomic

Enahs,

I think that is an Office XP thing isn't?

If so, try this:
http://www.sys.ilstu.edu/docs/languagetoolbar.html

If not, try this:
# Click the Start Button.
# Select Control Panel option.
# Double-Click the “Regional and Language Options” icon.
# Click on the “Languages” tab.
# Click the “Details…” button.
# Click the “Language Bar” button.
# Remove the checkmark from the “Show Language Bar…” option.
# Click OK.

-TimK(drekhead)

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 15:36.

-George Bernard Shaw

72. Re: Car Logo game Jul 29, 2004, 15:06 Atomic

j is Maybach.

Woot! Thanks. Now only one more.

Can't help you with the cereals, except t. T is Total.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

58. Car Logo game Jul 29, 2004, 14:08 Atomic

Anyone get all 26?

I have 24.. for the life of me, I can't get g and j. Any ideas?

Fast food was easy.. got them all.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

20. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2004, 15:33 Atomic

Yep. It will definitely summon the Halsy. Kinda like saying Beetlejuice three times.

Hey Blue, how about you add a Halsy's FUD Link of the Day? He posts them pretty regular anyway, might as well give him props.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

33. Re: Canada Day Jul 1, 2004, 22:02 Atomic

The only thing you've proven is that you are an insufferable boor. These message boards used to be fun before they became a platform for your propaganda.

Also, Dan is right on the money.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

20. Re: Canada Day Jul 1, 2004, 14:07 Atomic

gotta' maintain an atmosphere of fear to keep the sheeple in line

Isn't that your modus operandi as well? Seems to be based on the questionable links you post here.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > NVIDIA Linux Drivers
2. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2004, 14:03 Atomic

Oh man, that never gets old...

Oh wait...

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

6. Power problems Jun 25, 2004, 13:02 Atomic

Blue,

You may know this, but FYI for those that don't.

A UPS is great for surges and spikes, but it doesn't do squat for just as deadly brownouts and sags. That is, unless it has a line conditioner built-in (also called AVR -Automatic Voltage Regulation). A UPS without AVR is simply a surge supressor with a back up battery. So, make sure you have one with line conditioning.

I don't think people realize how much bad power contributes to computer problems and general electronics failure. Even if the power is clean coming in, things like an A/C unit or refrigerator on the same circuit as your PC can put huge load load on the circuit every time they cycle.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Thief Demo Today
71. Re: XP or 2000 only... May 28, 2004, 23:54 Atomic

$3 mouse or $5 speakers counts as hardware, if they even check.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

65. Re: XP or 2000 only... May 28, 2004, 21:10 Atomic

$141 for XP Pro OEM at Newegg.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

49. Re: XP or 2000 only... May 28, 2004, 16:24 Atomic

A few hundred for XP? You can pick up XP Home Upgrade for $90. Well worth the price for a current OS

Exactly. I hear that "few hundred bucks" argument all the time, and it's lame. I mean, where do you people shop?

Games are $40 to $50, and you have no problem with buying a game, which is a limited time affair. Yet you balk at spending twice that for your OS, which will probably last you several years?

I don't get it.

-TimK(drekhead)

This comment was edited on May 28, 16:25.

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo