Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 490 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Thousand-player Deathmatch?
3. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 13:47 Atomic

No need for respawns; when a player dies, they simply take over one of the computer players. Each side plays until objective reached, or lose through attrition.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Help Wanted Aug 29, 2007, 11:50 Atomic

MeatForce, take a look at this one:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Cobian_Backup/1016777450/1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

24. Video card shopping Jul 6, 2007, 15:31 Atomic

Gaming gurus;

For the first time in a long time, I will have some extra cash to upgrade my aging machine. I have already decided on Intel Core2 Duo, but what video card is best right now under $300? I prefer Nvidia, but will consider ATI. TIA.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > War Wound Demo
8. Re: Removed? Jul 6, 2007, 11:46 Atomic

Thanks nin. I missed that.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > War Wound Demo
3. Removed? Jul 6, 2007, 10:50 Atomic

Can someone tell me why Rainier's links are removed? My curiosity has the best of me today.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Signups
41. Re: placeholders Jun 20, 2007, 17:23 Atomic

Wow, could it look anymore like BF2/2142? I think that is even the same font!  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Bounty Bay Online Beta Testing
1. KHAN! Apr 5, 2007, 13:07 Atomic

The geek in me saw Botany Bay Online at first glance.  

-George Bernard Shaw

33. Re: Well crap.. Jan 23, 2007, 21:31 Atomic

Good question; not sure. I don't even know if one or two mentions of it trigger it. For example, I had no problems yesterday. Bats had several posts today though, so maybe there is a counter and a threshold.

I hate the stupid thing anyway. Never understood why you need technology to manage people.. guess it is the same thinking where people want technology to manage their children. But I digress... thanks for the fix though Batman! Quite kind...

-George Bernard Shaw

28. Re: Well crap.. Jan 23, 2007, 17:38 Atomic

I think it is the specific colorful words you chose....

Hey, don't worry about it.. I can just login to my home machine via remote desktop.. the proxy at work sucks anyway.

-George Bernard Shaw

26. Well crap.. Jan 23, 2007, 17:32 Atomic

Interesting side affect of your secret text sig, Batman... it's flagging our web filter at work. I can't read the comments now. LOL!  

-George Bernard Shaw

20. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2007, 17:07 Atomic

Nothing in that story that would read any different if the weapon were a knife, machete, or chainsaw.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: ??? Jan 19, 2007, 15:33 Atomic

On a dual monitor setup, it is both monitors showing the same image.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Taking the Piss Out of Vista
25. Re: Games For Windows Jan 12, 2007, 14:53 Atomic

Exactly. But people don't think that way. It is the same situation with taxes.. take a little bit out of the old check each week, no one seems to care. But if we all had to write a big check each April 15th, there would be tea in the harbor.

I won't upgrade to Vista until I have to, but I won't complain when I do. I know that money spent will serve me for many years to come.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Warmonger, Operation: Downtown Destruction Announced
18. Re: No subject Jan 9, 2007, 09:27 Atomic

Okay. A sniper climbs onto a roof, destroying all stairs and ladders behind him. He then spends the next half hour sniping everyone since he has the higher ground and nobody can reach him. Eventually, the other players can do enough damage to the building to blow it up. Unfortunately, by this time, the sniper has racked up tons of kills.

I wouldn't say tons.. just whatever ammo he has on him. And how can he destroy all access to himself? Only if allowed to carry an ungodly amount of explosive. There are creative ways to limit these things.

As for falling into holes, that's not good level design either. In a fully destructable environment, there would likely be very many holes to fall into. Forcing players to commit suicide would deduct from their score.

Allow other players to "rescue" teammates who have fallen into holes; could be a simple as the use key. Get points for helping, like when you heal someone. You could even introduce items like ropes or rope ladders, or allow the player to move an object in the game like a pole or beam. See? Stop thinking so linear. Fully destructable environments should create new challenges for the players and game physics should give them more creativity to respond to them.

-Atomic

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”
This comment was edited on Jan 9, 09:35.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
18. Linkage pet peeve Sep 5, 2006, 17:48 Atomic

Blue, that post is a mess. How about breaking up the links by file type using a bulleted list and only typing "registration required" once. Example:

-Update patch (version 1.3 only)
Link*, Link*, Link, Link

-Full patch (any prior version)
Link*, Link*, Link, Link

-Linux server
Link*, Link*, Link, Link

-Win 32 server
Link*, Link*, Link, Link

*=registration required

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

-George Bernard Shaw

19. Re: Wild Turkey Apr 12, 2006, 17:08 Atomic

Actually, it was Mr. Carlson (Gordon Jump) who said that famous quote.

TimK(drekhead)
This comment was edited on Apr 12, 17:10.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > More In-Game Advertising
21. Re: Adverts in-game Dec 19, 2005, 13:33 Atomic

Syriana is more realistic than the true story of Johnny Cash? I had no idea "Walk the Line" was fiction.

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

20. Re: Media of the Day Oct 12, 2005, 14:50 Atomic

I believe this is the correct link for "Media":

http://media.putfile.com/press_your_luck

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Free MMORPG Offers
9. Re: Says it all Sep 13, 2005, 16:29 Atomic

You can't beat AO for free.
This comment was edited on Sep 13, 16:31.

-George Bernard Shaw

5. Re: Medic! Aug 29, 2005, 11:19 Atomic

It's too bad they can't add the ability to drag or carry a body to a safe location to revive them. I believe it was a Wolf:ET mod that let you do that. Very nice!

-TimK(drekhead)

-George Bernard Shaw

490 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo