Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 15:59 Atomic

The only reason Canada doesn't have to build up a military is because they have the US as a neighbor.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
6. Re: ... Mar 27, 2008, 21:56 Atomic

They stopped being funny when they thought they had to resort to swearing to be hip or edgy. Very sophomoric, but I guess they were catering to their fanbase.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > WoW Bot Battle
17. Re: No subject Mar 26, 2008, 12:25 Atomic

This just confirms why I dont play MMORPGs. If you need a program to play the game for you, it's too tedious for the player.

QFT! It stops being a game at that point.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: BBQ-smoker-turned-'Robocop' Mar 7, 2008, 13:49 Atomic

Well, that is only part of the picture. The other is than fine young men and women that might consider a career in law enforcement shy away because of all the negativity the media creates for cops these days.  

-George Bernard Shaw

14. Re: Basic Greenhouse Equations Wrong? Mar 6, 2008, 15:39 Atomic

Great info, but facts like these won't change people's perception of "reality". The green movement is way too political now to reverse course, and it is starting to generate revenue, which will only further its continued existence.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > R.I.P.: Gary Gygax
18. No subject Mar 4, 2008, 16:14 Atomic

Never a cleric around when you need one.  

-George Bernard Shaw

28. Re: People complaining about Global Warm Feb 5, 2008, 16:59 Atomic

John, be careful. You're pissing on their religion, and they'll defend it zealously, logic be damned.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Still More BF Heroes Info
11. Good grief Feb 5, 2008, 13:13 Atomic

In the end, hate it all you want. Just never forget how much you paid for it.

I do agree that door comment was pretty lame though, and love the Portal reference.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Why people hate vista Feb 5, 2008, 12:21 Atomic

This article is right on; we had the same reaction when we went to a new state of art ERP system at work. People freaked, said it sucked, but it wasn't the software.

Vista's biggest problem is that too many people are using it on systems that can't handle it. The computer manufacturer's don't help by selling systems with 512 or even 1GB of RAM. Vista needs at least 2GB to run decent, more to run well. And to further exacerbate the problem, they ship with Aero enabled by default on systems with no decent GPU in them.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Free Battlefield Game Planned
10. Unbelievable Jan 21, 2008, 11:39 Atomic

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can complain about something offered for free.

As far as the guy looking like a Pixar character, well duh, only so many ways to draw a cartoon HUMAN and not have it have similarities to SOMETHING.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > NVIDIA ForceWare Beta for UT3
2. Don't understand Dec 31, 2007, 12:25 Atomic

Can someone explain to me why specific game tweaks are needed in a driver? Wasn't one of the points of standards like DX(x) and OpenGL to prevent game specific coding?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Thousand-player Deathmatch?
3. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 13:47 Atomic

No need for respawns; when a player dies, they simply take over one of the computer players. Each side plays until objective reached, or lose through attrition.  

-George Bernard Shaw

6. Re: Help Wanted Aug 29, 2007, 11:50 Atomic

MeatForce, take a look at this one:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Cobian_Backup/1016777450/1

-George Bernard Shaw

24. Video card shopping Jul 6, 2007, 15:31 Atomic

Gaming gurus;

For the first time in a long time, I will have some extra cash to upgrade my aging machine. I have already decided on Intel Core2 Duo, but what video card is best right now under $300? I prefer Nvidia, but will consider ATI. TIA.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > War Wound Demo
8. Re: Removed? Jul 6, 2007, 11:46 Atomic

Thanks nin. I missed that.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > War Wound Demo
3. Removed? Jul 6, 2007, 10:50 Atomic

Can someone tell me why Rainier's links are removed? My curiosity has the best of me today.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Signups
41. Re: placeholders Jun 20, 2007, 17:23 Atomic

Wow, could it look anymore like BF2/2142? I think that is even the same font!  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Bounty Bay Online Beta Testing
1. KHAN! Apr 5, 2007, 13:07 Atomic

The geek in me saw Botany Bay Online at first glance.  

-George Bernard Shaw

33. Re: Well crap.. Jan 23, 2007, 21:31 Atomic

Good question; not sure. I don't even know if one or two mentions of it trigger it. For example, I had no problems yesterday. Bats had several posts today though, so maybe there is a counter and a threshold.

I hate the stupid thing anyway. Never understood why you need technology to manage people.. guess it is the same thinking where people want technology to manage their children. But I digress... thanks for the fix though Batman! Quite kind...

-George Bernard Shaw

28. Re: Well crap.. Jan 23, 2007, 17:38 Atomic

I think it is the specific colorful words you chose....

Hey, don't worry about it.. I can just login to my home machine via remote desktop.. the proxy at work sucks anyway.

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo